The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    Man, I was hoping for a teaser on my birthday! But maybe we’ll get lucky with an announcement tomorrow.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Hopefully we'll get a Trailer and Announcement Today. If not Today then Next Week. They are however saying their excited we're about to get to vote on buy build items for the upcoming stuffpack. I don't know if this will overshadow a GP Announcement.

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    On the upside - in case any of you have also been waiting on that for the past two years - Ori and the Will of the Wisps is finally coming out next week <3 so at least I won't be bored waiting :D
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Hopefully we'll get a Trailer and Announcement Today. If not Today then Next Week. They are however saying their excited we're about to get to vote on buy build items for the upcoming stuffpack. I don't know if this will overshadow a GP Announcement.

Yes, based on this. I am assuming we won't get a GP announcement this week.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    On the upside - in case any of you have also been waiting on that for the past two years - Ori and the Will of the Wisps is finally coming out next week <3 so at least I won't be bored waiting :D

I really liked Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps is on my wishlist! :)

Regarding the next gamepack announcement, it would be great if we get a teaser today and a trailer tomorrow. But I kind of have the feeling that they won't drop both gamepack news and a new Knitting SP vote at the same time.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    Regarding the next gamepack announcement, it would be great if we get a teaser today and a trailer tomorrow. But I kind of have the feeling that they won't drop both gamepack news and a new Knitting SP vote at the same time.

It'll take ages yet for the knitting pack.

• secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    It's Tuesday. I log into the forums to see if there's any news. Doesn't look like it. Zzzzz
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member

It'll take ages yet for the knitting pack.

I said a vote, not the pack itself. According to a tweet from SimGuruNinja, the next vote will come soon.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    They seem to stretch these game packs for not shorter than 6 months and it has even been close to a year at some points. I also find that the game packs lately get a longer waiting time then before, but EA has also been a bit quiet lately as if something is about to come. I mean, no monthly maxis and stuff.

I'd say it will either come in March or April and the announcement could be somewhere in March, so I assume they will announce it with Maxis Monthly in March. Anyone knows when that might be?
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

nice can't wait to see what kind of objects we're could be getting
    They seem to stretch these game packs for not shorter than 6 months and it has even been close to a year at some points. I also find that the game packs lately get a longer waiting time then before, but EA has also been a bit quiet lately as if something is about to come. I mean, no monthly maxis and stuff.

I'd say it will either come in March or April and the announcement could be somewhere in March, so I assume they will announce it with Maxis Monthly in March. Anyone knows when that might be?

EA's fiscal is in April so April will be a dry month unless they give us cars in the April Patch but fiscal means no packs for the month.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

EA's fiscal is in April so April will be a dry month unless they give us cars in the April Patch but fiscal means no packs for the month.

If there's no pack releases in April I definitely expect to hear some kind of announcement either this or next week. I really hope we won't just have the voting on the knitting stuff to see us through till May. I don't really expect to hear anything today since there was no teaser yesterday
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    A patch with bug fixes today would be nice. The tiny last one was 4 weeks ago. I don't expect a pack in March.
  • BubbleFanBubbleFan Posts: 12 New Member
    The first twitter response to SimGuru Frost‘s post is absolutely savage lmao.

But I guess that means we won’t be hearing any GP news for quite a while then.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I really liked Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps is on my wishlist! :)

It's gonna be epic 🥰 already pre-ordered. I just can't wait! Now a little extra sims announcement would be the proverbial cherry on top ;)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh still nothing???? Either they have like 5 thousand packs coming back to back or there is this LONG dry spell for new content.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Ugh, I need more sims content now.
    I think the reason we didn't get an announcement this week is cause of the voting for objects for the knitting stuffpack. Next week however I think we'll get a trailer and announcement.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I hope it is something everyone will love and want and not just a segment.

I wouldn't mind a car patch and then a whole slew of cars/vans/antique vehicles/motorcycles/4 wheelers/tricycles for kids and toddlers/ect. teens learn to drive. Strollers.

Or family pack. Preteens added/infants freed with their own CAS. Canes/wills for elders, toddler riders and toys, dolls, more playground equipment,
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind a car patch and then a whole slew of cars/vans/antique vehicles/motorcycles/4 wheelers/tricycles for kids and toddlers/ect. teens learn to drive. Strollers.

Or family pack. Preteens added/infants freed with their own CAS. Canes/wills for elders, toddler riders and toys, dolls, more playground equipment,

But I would hate if they added cars and preteens. I don't want cars to be a whole pack and preteens aren't needed at all.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2020

But I would hate if they added cars and preteens. I don't want cars to be a whole pack and preteens aren't needed at all.

Then simply don't play with them. ^^

I need to live with them releasing Strangerville (and there is probably more plum packs like that to come) too.

I'd be over the moon if we got preteens (lots of other people would be too). I do agree on not needing cars to be a whole pack though, except if they come with trycicles, 4 wheelers, motorcycles and all that stuff. And they need to work better than bikes, why can't our Sims travel within one neighbourhood using bikes?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited March 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Then simply don't play with them. ^^

I need to live with them releasing Strangerville (and there is probably more plum packs like that to come) too.

I'd be over the moon if we got preteens (lots of other people would be too). I do agree on not needing cars to be a whole pack though, except if they come with trycicles, 4 wheelers, motorcycles and all that stuff. And they need to work better than bikes, why can't our Sims travel within one neighbourhood using bikes?

If Preteens are a pack, then not playing with them is an option. But I don't think they'll be a pack. I think that if we get them at all, they'd be a base game patch like toddlers.

If they are patched in to base game, then we're still going to have to deal with them, even if only in the time it takes to add a second round of candles to the cake to have them blow it out to age up to teenagers. We'll still have to pick an aspiration - or don't you want pre-teens to have those? - maybe a trait - and how will that snowball to Teens and later?

I get why you want pre-teens. I just don't think that you realize what you're asking for the Sims team to do. They require new models, new wardrobe, new animations as well as new interactions and new behaviors ... and as far as I can tell, no Sims expansion - EP or GP - has included a new model for a new lifestage.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Hmmm I highly doubt pre-teens will ever be a thing in The Sims 4.

I'd rather have them make teens shorter and expand their gameplay (and also the gameplay of the other life stages such as normal babies, kids, elders.)

That all can be done in a Generations EP. I don't really see how adding pre-teens solves the problem of all the stuff that's still lacking when it comes to the other life stages.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hmmm I highly doubt pre-teens will ever be a thing in The Sims 4.

I'd rather have them make teens shorter and expand their gameplay (and also the gameplay of the other life stages such as normal babies, kids, elders.)

That all can be done in a Generations EP. I don't really see how adding pre-teens solves the problem of all the stuff that's still lacking when it comes to the other life stages.

Making teens shorter messes up their animations and possibly wardrobe. Again, it's a model issue. Sims aren't like Daz 3D's Genesis models in Daz Studio, where it's just a matter of a height slider on the base and everything adjusts afterwards (and even then not always. I've had shoes that refuse to acknowledge the height slider.) Shorter Teens would need a new model, which means they can't use existing animations and wardrobe.

Expanded gameplay is significantly less of an issue, model wise, and much more likely.