Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I learnt yesterday you can woohoo in the shower. That's why little Charlie's nickname is Shower. I'm not evil.

Charlie: Dad, why is my sister’s nickname Daisy?
    Dad: Because she was conceived in a field of daisies.
    Charlie: Thanks, dad.
    Dad: No problem, Shower!
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2020
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I learnt yesterday you can woohoo in the shower. That's why little Charlie's nickname is Shower. I'm not evil.

Charlie: Dad, why is my sister’s nickname Daisy?
    Dad: Because she was conceived in a field of daisies.
    Charlie: Thanks, dad.
    Dad: No problem, Shower!

That's the first time I've laughed properly in months. You are the best. Also, they had another child who was a girl who I named Daisy. Congratulations.

o:)

c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just discovered that if your sim grows up with the irresponsible trait that they get a powerful bad moodlet every time they go to work.

Despite trying to turn over a new leaf, my irresponsible sim got absolutely nowhere in his career and was eventually fired!

I've never had the bad traits yet but I know it will happen one day

Responsible Sims go to work with their work task completed and they are automatically in work hard mode.

I didn't know that when Sims do Yoga they take off their shoes! Such a nice detail.
  • LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    Not sure what I did different but my sim put her toddler in the high chair, took a plate out of the fridge and microwaved some chicken nuggets for the tot. I have never seen that before.... they always "poofed" a bowl or plate of something out if the air to set on the tray.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I have some funny ideas to name your sims children.
    Closet
    Bush
    Sauna
    Bed
    Hot Tub
    I didn't know you could put stylized rooms down in the apartment lots of City Living.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I have some funny ideas to name your sims children.
    Closet
    Bush
    Sauna
    Bed
    Hot Tub

Speaking of, I like how the newer locations are well... raunchier. The animations for the Closet, especially, are just... raw passion. The slam against the door, the fumble to get inside and the sweaty exhausted sims almost falling back out.
    The bush is fun too, with the butt-slap as they jump in and the cautious "Do you think anyone noticed" look when they sneak out... As if anyone with in 5 miles would miss the noises, the hearts and the fireworks coming out of the bush ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    i had no idea that pets had body sliders that you could push and pull. i mean, i knew about the ones for the eyes, ears, and face in general, but not the body :#
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    An aggressive dog will chase the butler round the house!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    @calaprfy Oh yes! And it's not just dogs, and not just the butler either. My cat recently taught Father Winter the meaning of fear! :D Next year he will probably think twice about bringing presents to that house...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I didn't know you could put stylized rooms down in the apartment lots of City Living.
    You can download entire apartments too, as stylized rooms. Just need to replace sections of wall which were knocked down to class it as a room.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    You can download entire apartments too, as stylized rooms. Just need to replace sections of wall which were knocked down to class it as a room.

I did this recently when I was too lazy to furnish a whole Large 2 story apt!
  • ForeverRandom21ForeverRandom21 Posts: 5 New Member
    That NPC mermaids won't swim as mermaids, and thus you have no way of knowing they're a mermaid. I got lucky my first day playing the expansion and was able to see all three of them swimming about in their tails. Glitch much?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    That NPC mermaids won't swim as mermaids, and thus you have no way of knowing they're a mermaid. I got lucky my first day playing the expansion and was able to see all three of them swimming about in their tails. Glitch much?

They are supposed to only swim as mermaids if you have a strong relationship with them and they've revealed themselves as mermaids or if you are a mermaid too.... do you have any mods? there's some mods that make them swim as mermaids even if that isn't the case.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Neon signs go *poof* in the rain and have to be repaired. I had a whole bunch around my retail store. Well now I know.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    You can woohoo in a telescope. After over a year of playing sims 4 I never knew it was a woohoo spot.

Haven't tried it yet but there is also an option to woohoo in rockets as well. 😆
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    At level 9 of the Comedian branch of the entertainer career, you can Perform Comedy Routines is Space (it's a fun rabbit hole). Good thing I had an alien with the jokester aspiration that conveniently had a rocketship on the private Sulani island ai that she could always visit Sixam with her family. After she conquered Sulani lounges and the world she set her sights on regularly traveling to Sixam to try new material and win the hearts of fellow aliens.
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    Don’t know if it’s been said but I caught my cat riding around on the roomba (robo vacuum). Thought this was super fun lol

Also, I tried the whole bed scoot thing and it didn’t work for me. I was sad cause I looked forward to that feature
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
    I love the cat on Roomba animation
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Game notification that both the children were feeling under the weather and best keep them home from school today. I did not know this could happen! Game automatically kept them home.
  • duncan0610duncan0610 Posts: 2 New Member
    Did you know the curve treadmill? Jogging, dashing, no need power, but some curve treadmills can performs ninja run with no handles.
    Some curve treadmills can performs sled push with handles and magnet lever.
    I hope The Sims 4 have them.
    Game notification that both the children were feeling under the weather and best keep them home from school today. I did not know this could happen! Game automatically kept them home.

I like that one unless I'm working on my kids grades haha!
    Ugh! I had two things happen in game yesterday that I wanted to bring up here and I had no internet at the time, now I do and I've forgotten them hahaha! But anyways, I learned two new things about the game yesterday ;)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    THEY CAN SLIDE IN BEDS???

They can? Because they could when the game was new, then there was a bug introduced in 2016 that made it impossible to have a functioning double bed against a wall, since the Sims never scooted over about two times out of three. That bug report is still open in 2020, because just like so many other bugs* the Dev team just don't care about it.

*Corrupt festivals in the fashion district, washing machines that suddenly stop being accessible despite not broken, the teleport bug, non-usable double beds if placed against the wall are only three that persist for two years or more.

I have had no issues having them scoot over as of two days ago when I last checked. You just have to click and tell them to do it.

Interesting. Have you claimed sides? Because one of the lasts posts (by a player to another player, not an admin on the site) I saw in the bug report thread suggested there might be a connection between claiming a side, and refusing to scoot. Which is logical, I guess?

Most of my sims have claimed sides but not all and can't remember if this one had or not. I'll test it out today or tomorrow to find out. Basically though you have to click on the close side of the bed and after the sim gets in, click on the far side. I'll let you know as soon as I can if claiming sides makes a diff.

Mine can't slide 😑 and won't sleep in a bed unless sides are assigned. They will only nap. And can't woohoo if it's against the wall anyway, so beds against the wall are not useful in my game.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    THEY CAN SLIDE IN BEDS???

They can? Because they could when the game was new, then there was a bug introduced in 2016 that made it impossible to have a functioning double bed against a wall, since the Sims never scooted over about two times out of three. That bug report is still open in 2020, because just like so many other bugs* the Dev team just don't care about it.

*Corrupt festivals in the fashion district, washing machines that suddenly stop being accessible despite not broken, the teleport bug, non-usable double beds if placed against the wall are only three that persist for two years or more.

I have had no issues having them scoot over as of two days ago when I last checked. You just have to click and tell them to do it.

Interesting. Have you claimed sides? Because one of the lasts posts (by a player to another player, not an admin on the site) I saw in the bug report thread suggested there might be a connection between claiming a side, and refusing to scoot. Which is logical, I guess?

Most of my sims have claimed sides but not all and can't remember if this one had or not. I'll test it out today or tomorrow to find out. Basically though you have to click on the close side of the bed and after the sim gets in, click on the far side. I'll let you know as soon as I can if claiming sides makes a diff.

Mine can't slide 😑 and won't sleep in a bed unless sides are assigned. They will only nap. And can't woohoo if it's against the wall anyway, so beds against the wall are not useful in my game.

Did you wake them up first? For me the slide only if they start to sleep and you cancel sleep as they fall asleep and then click the other side. If you don't time it right they don't do it, but works perfectly fine when I do. (You can get them before they fall asleep if they are already in the bed lying down though)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top