Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are you guys going to let players join each others game?

Disat3r0usBDisat3r0usB Posts: 2 New Member
[This discussion was created from comments split from: Friday Highlight February 21st - A week on The Sims forums.]

Comments

• Disat3r0usBDisat3r0usB Posts: 2 New Member
    When are you guys going to let players join each others game? Like play with other players?...... I think that would be awesome!
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited February 2020
    When are you guys going to let players join each others game? Like play with other players?...... I think that would be awesome!

We can semi-sort of do that. I often join casting calls where I create and submit Sims for other Simmers, whereafter they're placed in their game and featured in a story/challenge. I can't exactly control them, but it's nice to see what others do with my Sims. Sometimes they'll even ask for my input.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • roaringlizardroaringlizard Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Disat3r0usB said:
    > When are you guys going to let players join each others game? Like play with other players?...... I think that would be awesome!

Me too! Like a community map. With stores, gardens, pubs, and more. Weekly events. One could host events. Good idea!
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member

They are talking about doing an online version of the game as Sims5 or another name, but that could still be a few years away.
  • AbiiiAbiii Posts: 2 New Member
    It would be really cool if there would be shops where you could like buy food and other stuff
  • PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    > @Disat3r0usB said:
    > When are you guys going to let players join each others game? Like play with other players?...... I think that would be awesome!

Ohmygod yes. I've wished for that to happen during all the sims games i've played. My siblings who are much younger than me just started playing sims, and my little sister was so sad because she had really hoped her sim could come visit mine ( since I don't live with my parents anymore, she wants to join me in every game she can).
    Please make joining others game a thing. That would be so cool !!
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Abiii wrote: »
    It would be really cool if there would be shops where you could like buy food and other stuff
    Those already exist in multiple Sims 4 packs.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol well it seems to be very divided in opinion.. I for one would love to be able to jump into each other’s worlds and play online. Honestly it’s kinda behind of the sims not to have branched out into the online platform at this point. Not only that, some of my fondest memories of the sims are from multiplayer way back on early console games. That shared experience of playing with a friend is currently missing from the game. What is the ultimate life simulation if we aren’t all hooked up to it and interacting behind avatars/sims?? Not to get all The Matrix on everyone, but online and multiplayer is the future for the Sims. But wether they pull it off or not, is another question. Don’t they have the same people that did TS4 behind the wheels on 5?? Hmmmmm.. That’s a far more concerning choice than amy multiplayer mode imo..
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've played the sims for 20 years and the thing that made me a complete fan of the game (and i wouldn't call me a gamer, i dont play any other game) is the ability to make my own game at my liking. A sand box. My sand box.
    A long time ago ive tried second life. Man, does this multiplayer experience has nothing to do with the sims! And, as already said, forget about rating it T cause multiplayer will make this game adult for sure. My girl plays the sims and im totally ok with that, but i wouldn't allow her to play if it was multiplayer. No way!
    This thread makes me will for a couple (or more) years of content for sims 4. Even knowing that there's a lot to do in what concerns to personality and relationships in sims 4, i prefer to get more content for it and when it eventually changes to be this up to date multiplayer whatever game, i mod my game and enjoy my sims as ive always done.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I find the idea of multiplayer in the sims rather creepy. No, my sim does not want to make out or try for baby with your sim.

The actual game of the Sims should remain single player (in my opinion). If they want to try an online game for the third or fourth time just don't let it be the actual game, let it be a spin off.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    New member... new account... EA hinting an unconfirmed possibility of a multiplayer Sims... are you an employee??

Half life 3 CONFIRMED!

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

Cue X-Files theme

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2976f56e0af1b012088d917a44ba1d03f4ea1fb692&rid=giphy.gif

Jokes aside. I don’t want nobody touching my Sims save file and manipulating the stories I am creating unless I provide them the save file.

Nope. Not going to happen. Never. No thank you. You can go back to your IMVU/Second Life/VR Chat...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293c8b31c507d6c1e337b03afa24f1b55403441ef2&rid=giphy.gif
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2020
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Never, they don't need another multiplayer that allows pedophiles to interact with children. How hasn't this come across anyone's mind? Yes a teen is still very much a child. Another thing is bullying among multiplayer games. Not a good idea all around. Most parents don't keep an eye on their children and will buy them anything nowadays. This concept doesn't sit well with me.
    There, you said it (that's exactly what crosses my mind, and the bullying, I'm just too yellow to say it up-front). It's already noticeable every now and then within the community as it is now (that small part I'm active in, Twitter), imagine what it will be like when it's in our games.

Plus:
    2c1888df-37e1-4555-be0b-4821cf378ca8_screenshot.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's like the EA CEO opened a few accounts here and trying to convince real simmers that his online multiplayer idea is good! :*

ROFL.

As far as Maxis buidling yet again another multiplayer, ok, go ahead do that for console players, but don't expect pc players to buy it.
    Or not to trash it.

As far as the header question: Hello, you have had your online multi games,co- op versions for 2 and 3, and TSO, and Sims Social, and SC2013, and SCMoblie, and Free Play and TSM4. It's not like you (OP) haven't had a go at it. Don't expect die hard pc players who understand the formula of The Sims to go along with yet again a different version with multiplayer options yet again. No thank you.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Spin off game? Sure. Go for it.

Main series? As long as there's a single player mode and there's NOTHING that has to be unlocked by playing the multiplayer side, then sure. But if I have to play the multiplayer to unlock things or download a mod to do it for me, then no.

Plus how would you handle the situation where Simmer A and Simmer B have their Sims get together, buy a house together, and have a single kid. Simmer A and Simmer B then have a falling out and no longer want to play together. Who gets the kid? Who gets the house? How do the funds get split?

How would you handle situations where one player suddenly stops coming on but their Sims are married to Sims of other players? How long do they have to be in limbo before they can petition to have their Sims divorced and get control of kids?

How would you feel if the above happened to you because you got into a bad car wreck and obviously couldn't warn about that and then when you return at least a few months later you've lost your Sims' spouses, kids, houses and basically have to start over?
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2020

No. I'm sorry. But I don't want to see you in my game 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
    I feel the same about you. But then I'm sure if you were in my game, I could either close it to friends, go offline or simply kick you from it. I mean, that's how that would probably work.

Unless you honestly thought otherwise.

edit;

To the rest of the replies, I can't quite grasp how you're entirely opposed to multiplayer, something to potentially add more hours to the game to those of us with friends, yet you're fine with watered-down packs and partially-working if not broken basic features.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

No. I'm sorry. But I don't want to see you in my game 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
    I feel the same about you. But then I'm sure if you were in my game, I could either close it to friends, go offline or simply kick you from it. I mean, that's how that would probably work.

Unless you honestly thought otherwise.

edit;

To the rest of the replies, I can't quite grasp how you're entirely opposed to multiplayer, something to potentially add more hours to the game to those of us with friends, yet you're fine with watered-down packs and partially-working if not broken basic features.

And yet some of us don't want multiplayer and aren't fine with the quality of the EP's and SP's coming out. I've only ever bought one pack when it wasn't on sale (vampires and that was because that pack was done well and for how well toddlers were since they came out at about the same time) and they have to be at least 50% off because that's what I feel they are worth. I don't have all of the packs either and have chosen to not buy any until I decide I want to play again and then only if they're on sale for 50% or more. Though My Pet Stuff would have to be like 75% or more off for me to even consider it since it's got a lot of recolors.

Just because I don't want it doesn't mean I would be unhappy if they added it for Sims 5 provided they did it and single player well and didn't lock anything for single player play behind that mode.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited March 2020
    @charlesberg No, I am not fine with it and no, I will not allow you to generalize myself within that group of people. Even though there are unfortunately in fact a group of players who enable The Sims Studio to continue with it. I am not them. :|

Adding multiplayer or keeping it single player (as it should be) doesn’t necessarily define “added hours of gameplay”. In defense of The Sims 3, The Sims 2, The Sims 1, The Elder Scrolls series, The Witcher and many more successful single-player games out there.
    wB2Zykl.jpg