Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think 2020 could be TS4's last year?

Comments

• Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Even when Sims 5 comes out, I probably won't purchase it right away anyways. I normally wait it out till they 'fix' the issues that seem to always happen when they release something. Or a sale. Haha, Either way, I will be playing the Sims 4 till whenever I please. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2020
    For those who have lost interest in TS4, yes, it should end. It's in it's sixth year, by next Sept. it will go into it's seventh year immediately on it's sixth birthday you start aging and working on the next year of life. Seven years of the chaos this game and forum have been. :o
    It's not been all happy, happy. It's been pleas for info, pleas for normal gameplay, pleas for such normal things as toddlers in a life simulator, I mean really who would think a life simulator would jump a baby to a ten year old kid. It's all been about all of us scrambling to get what we wanted in this version because by default they left out by design (for more money) the very things people expect in a life simulator. So, yes, it's had a very long life as far as games are concerned of this genre. I know someone will point out how long MMORPGs go but this is The Sims, six/seven years was long enough (actually too long) to add in toddlers, or terrain tools and or cars (if ever), and many other things,while they chased branding.

There is still yet a big list of things people should expect in a base game and or at least in some hefty EPs that never happened. Do any of us really, really want to repeat how they handled TS4? No, I mean really? We had grown accustom to extra things like Seasons being a separate pack but c'mon would we wait on toddlers, nannies, butlers, jobs, traits, emotions (any new? not much) etc. if we had known this is how it would have been? I know I wouldn't have. But hindsite is 20/20.

No, I don't think 2020 is it's last year, there is still more to milk. But seriously with the expected and larger EPs out of the way, the rest is just going through the motions by this time, and not really worth staying engaged just to be milked for more for three more years. It's time to take a hard look at what has been done outside of the major packs people always want and expected. Things like SV, time and money wasted on a pack hardly anyone (even if they liked it) will play a second time when that money could have went for something most players would have wanted. Tiny Stuff pack, sold an idea to players they were already doing in the game since TS1. Challenging themselves to build a tiny home to see how a Sim could handle it or not. (routing). So, consumers paid for nothing more than a lot trait and another buff (gameplay) for $10.00 since they could already do this since 2000 in any iteration.

35+ packs and those wish lists still haven't been filled for normal gameplay we all expected.

If TS5 was a step up from the backward TS4 then yes it should be announced but if it's more of the same and or even worse( multiplayer) then I think they should just retire TS4 and learn a few lessons of why it received so much backlash and why so many see it as nothing more than microtransactions sold under the guise of stuff packs and GPs for more money. (when any of it could and have been in EPs). Analogy, turkey day, you had the turkey, it wasn't all that great in the first place, then sell you the left overs for seven more years, aka rehashed meshes, recolors, animations, and interactions, same traits by another name etc. and ideas. They literally sold you an EP with one career (actor), and it does't even work... geez how far the glory of The Sims have fallen. They literally pay influncers to tell you how great it is...nobody need pay anyone for a product if it's a good product. Who was paid EA for The Sims? Whether it's swag, or a free trip and or actual income, how many influncers did TS1 need outside the normal trailers and TV ads? That's the difference. TS4 needs to con the public.

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Britney Spears! @marcel21

yep :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Linzz wrote: »
    I want TS4 to continue for atleast 2 more years if not more. Too much is missing.

Yes!! I totally agree.

agree.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Even if this game was to end this year, it would have already surpassed the lifespan of previous Sims games, so the devs would still be right about it lasting longer. I think 2021 will be the last year. They already put out the most wanted EPs, there's so much they can add in terms of content to keep people interested, unless they go back to only one EP, one GP and 659852632 stuff packs a year and really drag this thing as much as they can.

It's been 5 years and they still haven't fixed emotions, personalities, etc. It's coming to a point where I don't even know if they'll bother fixing this game because as soon as they announce TS5, a lot of people will jump ship.
  • Options
    LightningSparxLightningSparx Posts: 13 New Member
    I hope not. I love my "Sims 4" Sims. So much more I would love to see. I would love to see more relationship options for couples. <3
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I wouldn't be mad if it was, but EA has already said they dragging this one out as long as possible. This is the longest sims game ever, and tones of players are still saying they're not satisfied with it.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Against it, simply because I think it's time for this series to come to an end and for us as fans to say goodbye.

I'm glad that the franchise has lasted this long, but there's a time and place for when things need to die, so that you can cherish what you did have (in the best way possible). And, judging by how everyone's reaction was to this generation, isn't something I'm looking forward to happening with the supposed "Sims 5". I'm even not exactly sure how they'll expand on their brand beyond this, especially from the "lack of content" in previous packs and how there's been miscommunication given within the staff and sim community (from what I've been told).
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2020
    I can think of many potential EPs for The Sims 4, so I think it could go up to 2021 or 2022 maybe:
    -Farming EP (new)
    -Generations EP (like TS3 Generations)
    -Amusement/Water Parks EP (new)
    -Time Traveling EP (like TS3 Into the Future, maybe with the option to travel to the past as well)
    -Post-Apocalyptic EP (new)
    -Reality Show EP (new)
    -Superheroes/Supervillains EP (new)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I can think of many potential EPs for The Sims 4, so I think it could go up to 2021 or 2022 maybe:
    -Farming EP (new)
    -Generations EP (like TS3 Generations)
    -Amusement/Water Parks EP (new)
    -Time Traveling EP (like TS3 Into the Future, maybe with the option to travel to the past as well)
    -Post-Apocalyptic EP (new)
    -Reality Show EP (new)
    -Superheroes/Supervillains EP (new)

OK, but that's no more innovative than the wish lists of TS2 or TS3 had by the time they wound down. Any of them could have carried on for several more years just by the things you listed. Though we already had some of all of that by the time TS2 and TS3 ended. It's not very mind blowing stuff happening there, just a continuance for the sake of raking in a few more dollars.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Until the Sims 5 officially releases the Sims 4 will continue to put out content, even if it's minimalistic and/or in the form of patches. EA is going to milk this cow until it's successor is ready to ship.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I doubt it. Until they complete Sims 4 (still need story progression, werewolves, form bands, improved babies, etc...), how can one expect Sims 5 to be any better? Besides they said they have no planned time to end it, so it's when they are ready.

It would have to be a mix of Sims 2 and 4 to even consider it.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited March 2020
    *slap* do you here that *slap* it's the sound of EA/Maxis flogging a dead horse The Sims 4 really needs to go now we need something new and fresh I have had a feeling for a few years now that the Sims4 is just a cash grab the last few EP's have been lacklustre at best Island paradise was a complete let down for me and even Discover University left me feeling cold.

Do I think we The Sims 4 will end this year? No!
    Should it Yes!

I feel The Sims4 is going a bit like Doctor who people are leaving the series down to a few (mostly) bad Ep's these are the las t2 series of doctor who while the series tanks the BBC(in our analogy ) keep telling us how amazing the next episode is and just shovel some more sub-standard stuff on us people are unimpressed and move on while EA/Maxis (BBC) keep kidding themselves that this is an amazing product and what people want.

guess what we we want a new Sims game not the same old stuff with a new swatch or something.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I don’t think this year will be the last, especially now with everything going on (pretty are they’re not in office atm, or at least they shouldn’t be). But I do think they need to end things in the next couple years. The limitations of the engine they’re using is going to prohibit them from making a lot of things (and making them done right). Hopefully whatever new engine they’re working on is better and not rushed and they take into consideration of a LOT of possible add ons...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I personally hope SO much, this game has ran it's welcome. But I don't think they will.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I wouldn't be mad if it was, but EA has already said they dragging this one out as long as possible. This is the longest sims game ever, and tones of players are still saying they're not satisfied with it.

The key word here being "dragging." It's time for TS4 to fade into the sunset and for something new and better. For those who say "But it isn't finished yet!," when was ANY Sims game ever truly finished? It's never finished.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2020
    While I personally feel like moving on, considering my personnal appreciation of TS4, I can totally understand and relate to those who don't want to move on just yet.

When Appartment life came, and thus, TS2 came to its twilight, I felt utterly good about the series, and how could I not, after such 5 years being spoiled by one great pack after another, memorable sims, countless hours of genuine fun. I was ready to move on, optimistic.

And then came TS3 which marked a significant downgrade in my eyes. The open neighbourhood was naught but a giant stalker-fest, where they would relentlessly send sims to where the one you control was headed, to 'simulate a lively place', I felt as though sims were more and more alike to one another, almost every expansion messed with the neighbourhoods (artists townies after showtime, pets spawning randomly, randomly selected sims became supernaturals, the zombies... those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 zombies!), the relations between two sims remained mutual to the very end, the astrological characters were gone...
    They took things away, never gave them back, and don't even get me started on the disrespect TS3 had towards the sim lore...

Now we are at TS4 and well I don't care much for it. But that just shows that change isn't always a good thing, and well it may seem contradictory, but I really understand TS4 afficionados feeling like not changing a formula they like (as much as I'm so ready to put it behind me). After all, had I known what the future looked like, I would've voiced my will to stay on TS2 for the next decade, back on TheSims2.com...

D.
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    It seems you didn't spend enough time playing TS3 to describe it more accurately.
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    The open neighbourhood was naught but a giant stalker-fest, where they would relentlessly send sims to where the one you control was headed, to 'simulate a lively place',

TS3 sims go to places according to their traits, careers and needs. For example, if a sim has the athletic trait, they like going to the gym, stadium, parks, and beaches and you'll see them more often in those places. Another example is bookwork sims who like going to the library and bookstore. If your sim also has the athletic or bookworm trait, your sims is going to see other sims with that trait at all the places they like to go. Careers also determine where they go to work. If you see the same sims going to work with you, it's because they're your co-workers, not stalkers! Needs are also another factor. If you check the bistro and diner, they fill up around the breakfast, lunch and dinner times and aren't as full at other times. So in the TS3 world, because every townie is living their own lives with their own inclinations, the reasons for a sim being in any lot is organic - not just to fill up a lot.

In TS2 and TS4 - it is exactly as you describe where sims fill up a lot just to make it seem lively, but they don't have lives of their own. TS3 is truly unique in that and makes it more of a life simulation game than the others.
    I felt as though sims were more and more alike to one another

No, you're thinking of TS4 where traits don't seem to matter and where all the sims are alike. That's why it's so boring. Traits in TS3 make sims quite distinct from each other. The young adult sims get 5 traits. If they go to college, they can get 2 more. With a mod, you can get even more per sim. And because there are so many traits in TS3 (more than 80!), you can create a huge combination of distinct personalities, far more than the number of sims in your worlds.
    almost every expansion messed with the neighbourhoods (artists townies after showtime, pets spawning randomly, randomly selected sims became supernaturals, the zombies... those 🌺🌺🌺🌺 zombies!)

I have all the EPs and I hadn't seen the worlds get more messed up with later EPs. *Shrug* It all still works great. Even if there are bugs, they are easily fixable. You can get help also in the TS3 forums here. Not like TS4 where the bugs just keep piling up with a lot of them not fixed for years and a lot of gameplay that's broken.

You can turn off supernaturals within TS3 if you don't like supernaturals. Also if you don't like zombies, keep the moon on any phase except "full moon" so that they don't spawn. That's without mods. With mods, you can control those populations with finer detail. Same thing with pets.

I also love zombies, and so do a good number of other simmers. One of the greatest things about TS3 is that you can ACTUALLY turn the game into a zombie apocalypse survival game! In TS3, you can either set up your own world to look apocalyptic, or you can also just download and use worlds that are already setup for that. A good example is Roseward:
    Roseward
    by Nigalkins
    the-sims-3-zombie-roseward-main.jpg?w=740
    the-sims-3-zombie-roseward-01.jpg?w=740
    the-sims-3-zombie-roseward-04.jpg?w=740
    the-sims-3-zombie-roseward-07.jpg?w=740

Either way, you have that ability to set your worlds up to add to the immersion of this scenario. The open world lends itself so well to this type of game genre! Gameplay is exciting as your active sims escape to a safer part of the world while everyone else is turning into zombies. You can view it from various angles: from the world view - if you use a tagging mod, you can see how the virus spreads over the town - it's a little anxiety-inducing to be honest, lol! You can also watch several lots at a time as zombies are biting other sims - all without loading screens! Once your sim finds a cure, they can go hunting for zombies to cure or kill. Since there are no loading screens, gameplay is smooth and immersive - you can even shoot down a zombie from several lots away! You can't do that in TS2 or TS4.

the relations between two sims remained mutual to the very end, the astrological characters...

No, you're thinking about TS4 again where sims can fight in the first moment and then act like they're best friends in the next. In TS3, there are long-term consequences both good and bad for the actions that a sims takes. If a sims chooses to do something bad to another sims regardless of astrological sign compatibility, that action degrades their relationship. If you want your sim to be better friends with the offended sim, you have to get your sims to work for it. They won't become friends again right away.

I truly love TS3! It really is the most amazing The Sims iteration to me. I find it to be the most flexible of the games in terms of gameplay and customization is far superior to either TS1, TS2 or TS4. That's why for me it's so hard to move on to TS4 which just looks so bad in comparison to TS2 and TS1 and even more so to TS3. It's also why it's hard for me to go back to TS2's closed worlds and less customization options. I know people go on and on about the details in TS2, but it doesn't have open world details, doesn't have townies that have real lives of their own, and you can't manage all the sims in a household concurrently if they leave their lot unless they all go to the same destination.

I really hope when TS5 is finally released that it's has incorporated the best things about TS3 - everything I mentioned here, along with the detailed animations of TS2 (without the aspiration or outing/dating meters), the new building functions of TS4 (which is the only thing good about it), and a remake of TS1's Makin' Magic and Superstar EPs.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Listen, what games are you talking about in the end?

In TS3, if I go to the library, just anybody that isn't busy is requested to come, even folks who wouldn't normally set a foot there. Sorry but if libraries were visited by only bookworms and geniuses, I'd be less reluctant to go there. But nope, I got that Harley Greenwood buffon, and not even to read mind you, he came to play... computer games... Pre patch 1.69, awesomemod had a feature to prevent this exact behaviour which is utterly irritating. This feture doesn't work anymore, so I have to deal with the constant harass wherever I decide to send my sims.

Second point: No I don't. Sims 2 sims had five distinct character layers with their astrology, plus on top up to two aspirations, on top of which some had hidden aspirations, which led to chemistry. When they recreated those sims in TS3, they had to use all their traits to even remotely look like their TS2 counterpart. AND this character would determine their behaviour. It was so cute to see a very shy sim sticking by the sim they knew best because of stranger danger... memories... Also, that's only a personal preference, that's it.

Third point: I'm not talking about bugs, I'm talking about mess-up. When the bar's mixologist wears his magician outfit, that bugs me out. When Ye Gangnam becomes a fairy, that bugs me out. I mean I like my neigbourhoods intact. That's all. An opinion (I don't like it) based on a fact (it happens). Game does this and I don't like that.

Fourth point: isn't that obvious that I don't wanna turn my world into appocalypse? Welp no full moon for me thanks. And well that's just an opinion, not a fact. Did you read the key part 'in my eyes'?

Last point: Did you ever play the sims 3 :D ? I'm forced to ask, because clearely, you seem to have no idea that two sims have the exact same relationship points towards one another. The relationship is therefore 'mutual' see? If sim A has 100 friendship points towards sim B, sim B ALSO have 100 relationship points towards sim A. Facts, you know? T'wasn't the case in TS2. Look at the infamous Cassandra Goth/Darren Dreamer combo for an example. Also not in TS1.

Anyways, bottom line, and that's the only thing that mattered regards to the topic, I understand all the sims 4 fans who want to stick with the game they love because of a fear of change. I was on the reciving end of a change I didn't like is all I'm saying. Twice in a row.

D.
  • Options
    Listen, what games are you talking about in the end?

In TS3, if I go to the library, just anybody that isn't busy is requested to come, even folks who wouldn't normally set a foot there. Sorry but if libraries were visited by only bookworms and geniuses, I'd be less reluctant to go there. But nope, I got that Harley Greenwood buffon, and not even to read mind you, he came to play... computer games... Pre patch 1.69, awesomemod had a feature to prevent this exact behaviour which is utterly irritating. This feture doesn't work anymore, so I have to deal with the constant harass wherever I decide to send my sims.

Harley Greenwood has a romantic interest in Rei Matsuri who has the bookworm trait. THAT's why he's there - because Rei goes to the library a lot. Every sim has a good reason for being at specific lots.

Second point: No I don't. Sims 2 sims had five distinct character layers with their astrology, plus on top up to two aspirations, on top of which some had hidden aspirations, which led to chemistry. When they recreated those sims in TS3, they had to use all their traits to even remotely look like their TS2 counterpart. AND this character would determine their behaviour. It was so cute to see a very shy sim sticking by the sim they knew best because of stranger danger... memories... Also, that's only a personal preference, that's it.

Shy and loner sims in TS3 also do that! I like trying to get Connor Frio to hook up with my active sim because he's hard to get because of his loner trait. TS2 didn't corner the market on personalities - TS2 simmers just like to think it does!

Third point: I'm not talking about bugs, I'm talking about mess-up. When the bar's mixologist wears his magician outfit, that bugs me out. When Ye Gangnam becomes a fairy, that bugs me out. I mean I like my neigbourhoods intact. That's all. An opinion (I don't like it) based on a fact (it happens). Game does this and I don't like that.

I've played Showtime, and I've never had a mixologist wear a magician's outfit. Also you can turn off supernatural occult life states within the game - no mods needed.
    Fourth point: isn't that obvious that I don't wanna turn my world into appocalypse? Welp no full moon for me thanks. And well that's just an opinion, not a fact. Did you read the key part 'in my eyes'?

Well you're not the only person in this world, right? For every dislike you have, there are other people who have the opposite opinion. I wanted to show that there are people who absolutely love the zombies and the gameplay they add to TS3. If you don't like them, it was also just as easy to turn them off.
    Last point: Did you ever play the sims 3 :D ? I'm forced to ask, because clearely, you seem to have no idea that two sims have the exact same relationship points towards one another. The relationship is therefore 'mutual' see? If sim A has 100 friendship points towards sim B, sim B ALSO have 100 relationship points towards sim A. Facts, you know? T'wasn't the case in TS2. Look at the infamous Cassandra Goth/Darren Dreamer combo for an example. Also not in TS1.

That relationship score in TS3 is the general or average for both in the relationship - it didn't mean that they had equal scoring about each other. It COULD, but it could also mean one felt more friendship than the other. It was simplified from TS2 because in TS2 it was too statistics heavy. So in TS3, they had a simpler system of keeping track of the relationship. I prefer it this way over TS2's relationship scoring which I think went into too much detail (Friend, Best Friend, Best Friend Forever - good grief! Almost half of my sims' relationships were BFFs!). In TS3, when a relationship got closer, it would open up more opportunities, like moving in as a roomie as opposed to moving in as a boyfriend or girlfriend, opportunities to protect or be protected (in which case an event will arise where protection is needed against an antagonist). So there is as much drama that can be had in TS3 relationships as there are in TS2 - but in a more organic way and without having to keep score.

TS2 simmers just like to exaggerate about how great the detail are in TS2. The only details I really like about it were the animations and that's the only thing I hope carries over to TS5.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    My my... you're never wrong are you?
    Look, to be clear, you're totally getting off-topic. I'm saying I understand Sims 4 fans, explain why TS3 failed to appeal to me, and say that despite not being a TS4 fan, I understand them plainly nontheless. Simple. I didn't call the game you like a bad game.

1-Rest are game facts. Bianca Rubble to the art gallery, any explanation? Followed by Kat Missonni, how about that? Well that's called player stalking. Pescado knows the game better than both of us. If he identifies this behaviour and mods it, that's cause it exists. Your Harley/Rei reference... really didn't make a strong case for you. Also, no matter how many I send home, others come, relentlessly, up until 10PM in regular neighbourhoods. Cause they're all in relation with Rei? How about Florita Hernandez? Oh Yes! Because the man she flirts with is married with a bookworm :/

2-No, not at all. Sometimes Loners isolate, sometimes not. They do what they feel regardless of their environement. Even if there is a stranger in the living-room, if Lola Belle wants to play the piano, she will, even if Kai and Moxie are outside. TS2 shy sims tend to use items close to sims they like (maybe to an extreme). Again that's a preference due to experience. Nothing more. I find them cute, period.

3-I do. Brigid steele serving in her singer outfit. Why did they put her in that career, nobody knows. And guess what, she defaults to that instead of the club regular outfit.

4-Quote the line when I say I'm the only person in the world. You praise zombies. I don't like them. That's all I'm saying. I never involved anybody else. I'm just shocked we can't turn them down with a single click. Instead, just no full moon. A shame, I like the light of the full moon.

5-If you prefer that's on you. I say that it's more appealing to me when two sims don't NECESSARELY feel the same towards one another. In TS3, if a sim likes another for 85 points, the other also does. Cassandra LTR towards Darren Dreamer is 69. Darren's is 85. I prefer it that way. I don't say it's the ultimate. Also for TS3 I hoped for a LTR meter, it never came, a shame for me.

Those are amongst the things that made TS3 less enjoyeable than TS2 for me. As such, again, all that is to say, if one love TS4 getting to a new game in TS5 may make them lose more than they gain. You love TS3, that's fine, I never said it was a bad game, nor did I try to convince you it sucks. Just taking an example on how it failed to keep my interest, just as TS5 could do for TS4 afficionados. This is called empathy.

Anyways I'm done here. This post asks a good question which divides the community, that's the topic and so it should stay. If you have questions on TS3 that you don't really seem to know so well, ask me in private. I'd be more than eager to enlighten you, rookie.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's the world virus that started back in January that has everything slowed down to a halt. The game developers probably were planning on back to back games, like they did from June to November 2019. And they probably would finally be finished Sims 4 with all of the themes by 2022. Unfortunately, this global bioweapon warfare has dampened it.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's the world virus that started back in January that has everything slowed down to a halt. The game developers probably were planning on back to back games, like they did from June to November 2019. And they probably would finally be finished Sims 4 with all of the themes by 2022. Unfortunately, this global bioweapon warfare has dampened it.

Ok please don’t go starting that kind of rumor. Calling this mutated virus a bioweapon is such a dramatic and off-base assertion to be making.
  • Options
    My my... you're never wrong are you?
    Look, to be clear, you're totally getting off-topic. I'm saying I understand Sims 4 fans, explain why TS3 failed to appeal to me, and say that despite not being a TS4 fan, I understand them plainly nontheless. Simple. I didn't call the game you like a bad game.

When people can't address the things I write about, then they make personal attacks. :)

Yeah I read what you wrote - I'm just addressing your assumptions about TS3 which were clearly wrong.

1-Rest are game facts. Bianca Rubble to the art gallery, any explanation? Followed by Kat Missonni, how about that? Well that's called player stalking. Pescado knows the game better than both of us. If he identifies this behaviour and mods it, that's cause it exists. Your Harley/Rei reference... really didn't make a strong case for you. Also, no matter how many I send home, others come, relentlessly, up until 10PM in regular neighbourhoods. Cause they're all in relation with Rei? How about Florita Hernandez? Oh Yes! Because the man she flirts with is married with a bookworm :/

Pescado and his fanboys are full of themselves. No they DON'T know the game better than anyone else. Twallan did a much better job with his mods on TS3 and he was NEVER full of himself.

You appear to be too fussy and paranoid being easily annoyed that sims (that you think have no right to be there) appear on a lot and think they're "stalking" your sims. In my own game play, I've NEVER seen the same exact group of sims go to EVERY lot my sims go to - it's always a different mix. So when you complain that it always happens to you - I DON'T believe you.

And what is wrong with different sims going to lots that you don't expect them to go to? Don't real humans go to places they don't normally do? You know they do. Why not in a sims game???

2-No, not at all. Sometimes Loners isolate, sometimes not. They do what they feel regardless of their environement. Even if there is a stranger in the living-room, if Lola Belle wants to play the piano, she will, even if Kai and Moxie are outside. TS2 shy sims tend to use items close to sims they like (maybe to an extreme). Again that's a preference due to experience. Nothing more. I find them cute, period.

*Shrug*??? I don't care what you think is cute.

3-I do. Brigid steele serving in her singer outfit. Why did they put her in that career, nobody knows. And guess what, she defaults to that instead of the club regular outfit.

I've never seen that happen, myself. It's just fussing over nothing. Because it's just one sim and you can fix it by editing her work outfit. *Shrug* Done.

4-Quote the line when I say I'm the only person in the world. You praise zombies. I don't like them. That's all I'm saying. I never involved anybody else. I'm just shocked we can't turn them down with a single click. Instead, just no full moon. A shame, I like the light of the full moon.

Or you can just use a mod to keep zombies out of your game. Good grief, does everything have to be spelled out for you? No wonder you can't play TS3.

5-If you prefer that's on you. I say that it's more appealing to me when two sims don't NECESSARELY feel the same towards one another. In TS3, if a sim likes another for 85 points, the other also does. Cassandra LTR towards Darren Dreamer is 69. Darren's is 85. I prefer it that way. I don't say it's the ultimate. Also for TS3 I hoped for a LTR meter, it never came, a shame for me.

In TS3, meters take away from the natural flow of the gameplay. It's not an RPG and I think that's why the devs didn't transfer that over from TS2. You can still look at a couple's relationship, think that they're ready to get married and the other sim can still surprise you by saying no. So even if their relationship score looks the same, surprise drama can still happen. And that's better than just looking at meters and scores.

Those are amongst the things that made TS3 less enjoyeable than TS2 for me. As such, again, all that is to say, if one love TS4 getting to a new game in TS5 may make them lose more than they gain. You love TS3, that's fine, I never said it was a bad game, nor did I try to convince you it sucks. Just taking an example on how it failed to keep my interest, just as TS5 could do for TS4 afficionados. This is called empathy.

TS5 hasn't come out yet so TS4 folks can't really predict that they won't like it. When TS4 was announced, I just kept an open mind about it. When I found out though that they took out a lot of the things that I loved about TS3, I decided to wait for feedback from other people who bought it. And I'm glad I waited - TS4 turned out to be extremely disappointing to me. So I never bought it - I got the basegame free just last year.

Anyways I'm done here. This post asks a good question which divides the community, that's the topic and so it should stay. If you have questions on TS3 that you don't really seem to know so well, ask me in private. I'd be more than eager to enlighten you, rookie.

Oh please, your arrogance is misplaced. You CLEARLY don't know much about TS3. If I really need any enlightenment, I'll just ask the true die-hard TS3 simmers on this forum.

• Options
    ExtoriumExtorium Posts: 3 New Member
    I think there is still too much missing for there to being a sims 5