Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sinthea wrote: »
    I keep meaning to try this challenge but also toddlers are so stressful for me to take care of in this game lol
    @Sinthea I am doing this challenge and have had 66 babies so far without actually caring for a single toddler. I lock all the toddlers in a dungeon with popcorn and beds and leave them to fend for themselves. They will autonomously grab popcorn (which does not spoil) and eat it so that they don't starve. I haven't had any taken away by child services. It does mean that I don't level up their skills so I have to wait for their birthdays to age them up but that is a price worth paying for me as I can't bear to care for so many toddlers.

• SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > (Quote)
    > @Sinthea I am doing this challenge and have had 66 babies so far without actually caring for a single toddler. I lock all the toddlers in a dungeon with popcorn and beds and leave them to fend for themselves. They will autonomously grab popcorn (which does not spoil) and eat it so that they don't starve. I haven't had any taken away by child services. It does mean that I don't level up their skills so I have to wait for their birthdays to age them up but that is a price worth paying for me as I can't bear to care for so many toddlers.

That... that is actually genius. Popcorn, beds, toys, potty chairs just in case a parent felt ambitious...

But even outside of the challenge use, I never realized the popcorn didn't spoil and you just made my regular gameplay with toddlers much, much easier.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
    Sinthea wrote: »
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > (Quote)
    > @Sinthea I am doing this challenge and have had 66 babies so far without actually caring for a single toddler. I lock all the toddlers in a dungeon with popcorn and beds and leave them to fend for themselves. They will autonomously grab popcorn (which does not spoil) and eat it so that they don't starve. I haven't had any taken away by child services. It does mean that I don't level up their skills so I have to wait for their birthdays to age them up but that is a price worth paying for me as I can't bear to care for so many toddlers.

That... that is actually genius. Popcorn, beds, toys, potty chairs just in case a parent felt ambitious...

But even outside of the challenge use, I never realized the popcorn didn't spoil and you just made my regular gameplay with toddlers much, much easier.
    @Sinthea haha thank you. I read about popcorn not spoiling and using it for toddlers on the forum a while back and when I started the 100 baby challenge I remembered about it.

Popcorn does spoil after a while once it has been taken out of the popcorn popper but the popcorn in a popcorn popper will stay unspoiled and toddlers will autonomously grab a serving directly from the popper.

I put several popcorn poppers in the dungeon and cook popcorn in them. Each popper seems to contain many servings of popcorn so it's not even necessry to refill the poppers very often.

The toddlers in my challenge do have a pretty miserable toddler hood. They do taken care of themselves but they're not exactly good at it. Their hunger will drop into dark red and the game will warn you to feed them before they get taken away (a warning which I ignore), then they will grab some popcorn and eat just enough for their hunger levels to go into the lighter red colour before they pass out from exhaustion because their energy is in dark red. They stay passed out until their energy is in the lighter red by which time their hunger is probably in dark red and the cycle begins again.
  • SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > (Quote)
    > @Sinthea haha thank you. I read about popcorn not spoiling and using it for toddlers on the forum a while back and when I started the 100 baby challenge I remembered about it.
    >
    > Popcorn does spoil after a while once it has been taken out of the popcorn popper but the popcorn in a popcorn popper will stay unspoiled and toddlers will autonomously grab a serving directly from the popper.
    >
    > I put several popcorn poppers in the dungeon and cook popcorn in them. Each popper seems to contain many servings of popcorn so it's not even necessry to refill the poppers very often.
    >
    > The toddlers in my challenge do have a pretty miserable toddler hood. They do taken care of themselves but they're not exactly good at it. Their hunger will drop into dark red and the game will warn you to feed them before they get taken away (a warning which I ignore), then they will grab some popcorn and eat just enough for their hunger levels to go into the lighter red colour before they pass out from exhaustion because their energy is in dark red. They stay passed out until their energy is in the lighter red by which time their hunger is probably in dark red and the cycle begins again.

That's terrible but I love it. I've had some toddlers have a pretty rough toddlerhood while I'm in control so they are not really missing out all that much.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    anash wrote: »
    I am almost done I am at 96. 51 girls 45 boys. 15 twins and 66 singles no evil triplets yet. Total for this generation is at 16 6 girls/10 boys. 1 twins/14 singles.

Wow anash, Great job!!! I think you were starting around the time I finished :) Now you'll be done in no time haha! You are at the stage where you don't have to worry about skills or aging up quick now as there's room for anyone else born to just stay in the house forever haha!
    edited March 2020
    I loved this challenge a lot, but it's completed now. Part of me wants to do it again, another part doesn't haha!
    Then I realised it's my game and I can play how I want so I'm going to be starting again but changing a few of the rules to make it even more enjoyable to myself haha!

So here are the rules I'll be playing with for my 2nd round at 100 baby challenge, if you can call it that.

1. Couples Edition. I love the first version but the thing holding me back playing the full thing a 2nd time is finding all the donors again. This version my Sim will get married so only room for 6 kids in the home.
    2. All pregnancies will have the same father in each gen. I'll use a mod to make pregnant sims age so there isn't a huge age gap. This should result in more realistic amounts of children per generation, and many more generations to get 100 kids. Once EITHER Sim in the couple dies, that generation will be over.
    3. The youngest child will take over as soon as they are married.
    4. No ley line! I used it last time and had almost all twins. That was fun, but looking for something different.
    5. The nursery and toddler rooms can be generic, but for kids and teens each child must have their own bedroom decorated to their tastes that is redecorated each time they age up. (I did this for the first 60 kids or so last time but then gave up and didn't do it again until the last 15 haha). Kids can only share a room if tot and younger, or they are the same age and gender.
    6. Same rules to age up early but because the pregnant sim will age all along, life span will be on long
    7. Each new generation must move out and begin again in a new house in a new world (can repeat after running out of worlds if I do) I can use the Money Cheat to buy the shell of the house from the gallery and furnish it only with the cheapest items and the minimum needed for her and her husband (One double bed, one fridge, one countertop, one microwave, one sink, one couch, one desk/chair, one computer, one toilet, one bath/shower combo... no other furniture.) + 3000simoleans to decorate it/upgrade or add one additional item.) Once the house is ready, Money cheat again to make them have 0 Simoleans. So no carrying over money from previous generations.
    8. Working rules same as the original as far as leaving the home to work.This applies to both sims in the couple though and teens no longer able to get jobs.
    9. No using rally the troops
    10. Each Generation the couple earn money the same way as each other (like two painters, two gardeners etc) and each generation they have to find a new way to earn money. They can repeat a way after 4 generations. (So I can use gardening again 4 generations after the first time it was used.)

Here is the couple I am starting with. EA's base game Kurt Lumberjackson and his wife Carla. They will be living in a treehouse in glimmerbrook forest.

a0j8uZY.png
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I loved this challenge a lot, but it's completed now. Part of me wants to do it again, another part doesn't haha!
    Then I realised it's my game and I can play how I want so I'm going to be starting again but changing a few of the rules to make it even more enjoyable to myself haha!

So here are the rules I'll be playing with for my 2nd round at 100 baby challenge, if you can call it that.

1. Couples Edition. I love the first version but the thing holding me back playing the full thing a 2nd time is finding all the donors again. This version my Sim will get married so only room for 6 kids in the home.
    2. All pregnancies will have the same father in each gen. I'll use a mod to make pregnant sims age so there isn't a huge age gap. This should result in more realistic amounts of children per generation, and many more generations to get 100 kids. Once EITHER Sim in the couple dies, that generation will be over.
    3. The youngest daughter will still take over. Since there will be a lot less kids in each generation,if I end up without a daughter before one Sim in the couple dies, I will adopt a daughter.
    4. No ley line! I used it last time and had almost all twins. That was fun, but looking for something different.
    5. The nursery and toddler rooms can be generic, but for kids and teens each child must have their own bedroom decorated to their tastes that is redecorated each time they age up. (I did this for the first 60 kids or so last time but then gave up and didn't do it again until the last 15 haha). Kids can only share a room if tot and younger, or they are the same age and gender.
    6. Same rules to age up early but because the pregnant sim will age all along, life span will be on long
    7. Each new generation must move out and begin again in a new house in a new world (can repeat after running out of worlds if I do) I can use the Money Cheat to buy the shell of the house from the gallery and furnish it only with the cheapest items and the minimum needed for her and her husband (One double bed, one fridge, one countertop, one microwave, one sink, one couch, one desk/chair, one computer, one toilet, one bath/shower combo... no other furniture.) + 3000simoleans to decorate it/upgrade or add one additional item.) Once the house is ready, Money cheat again to make them have 0 Simoleans. So no carrying over money from previous generations.
    8. Working rules same as the original as far as leaving the home to work.This applies to both sims in the couple though and teens no longer able to get jobs.
    10. Each Generation the couple earn money the same way as each other (like two painters, two gardeners etc) and each generation they have to find a new way to earn money. They can repeat a way after 4 generations. (So I can use gardening again 4 generations after the first time it was used.)

Why not just change a son to be able to get pregnant in CAS? There is a sims group on this challenge on facebook and so many people have their own unique twist on the challenge, that several have mentioned making a son be pregnant is a great work around for no daughters issue.
    edited March 2020
    DivieOwl wrote: »

3. The youngest daughter will still take over. Since there will be a lot less kids in each generation,if I end up without a daughter before one Sim in the couple dies, I will adopt a daughter.

Why not just change a son to be able to get pregnant in CAS? There is a sims group on this challenge on facebook and so many people have their own unique twist on the challenge, that several have mentioned making a son be pregnant is a great work around for no daughters issue.

I like to play very realistically, so no male pregnancies, no same sex pregnancy, no occults in game, etc. Besides, I love the idea of adoption anyways, my other play file is a family who takes in foster kids and helps find adoptive families for them, etc. Though I won't have them adopt for this challenge unless there are no daughters in a generation. THere is perhaps one other solution I might do though and take the youngest son and it's his wife that has the babies haha. I was forgetting that with playing couples, that would work just as well so I'll edit it into my rules now haha
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

I like to play very realistically, so no male pregnancies, no same sex pregnancy, no occults in game, etc. Besides, I love the idea of adoption anyways, my other play file is a family who takes in foster kids and helps find adoptive families for them, etc. Though I won't have them adopt for this challenge unless there are no daughters in a generation. THere is perhaps one other solution I might do though and take the youngest son and it's his wife that has the babies haha. I was forgetting that with playing couples, that would work just as well so I'll edit it into my rules now haha

That makes sense. I wasn't thinking of his wife, though, and genetics would still be from the bloodline (I'm a genetics player. I love seeing genetics at play). You have me wanting to start up the 100 baby challenge with your added rules. Seems like it might be pretty fun. I just won't adopt in the 100 baby challenge. You'll have to update your progress here so we can all keep up with it.

That makes sense. I wasn't thinking of his wife, though, and genetics would still be from the bloodline (I'm a genetics player. I love seeing genetics at play). You have me wanting to start up the 100 baby challenge with your added rules. Seems like it might be pretty fun. I just won't adopt in the 100 baby challenge. You'll have to update your progress here so we can all keep up with it.

I love genetics too haha. I really use both. For this challenge I'll just stick with bio kids. Yes I'll prob update here again. I did last time I did the challenge with the actual rules and it is fun to see how everyone is doing. I think with aging on during pregnancy this time around and also no ley line this time, it'll probably take quite a few generations. It took me 3 last time.
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2020
    I just finished. The count is 48 boys/52 girls. 16 twins/68 singles. It took a little over 2 months and 4 generations. I may start over with my own rules. I am torn between having a single donor or having 3 that I can use one for Mondays and Tuesdays and one to use for wednesdays and Thursdays and the last for Fridays and Saturdays. I'll choose a random one for Sundays. Or one for everyday of the week. Decisions decisions
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    Almost done! I'm at 93, have 2 teens, 2 toddlers and one baby in the house and she's pregnant with hopefully babies 99 and 100. If all goes well the challenge will be complete with 2 matriarchs only!
    Baby 1 of my second 100 baby challenge is on the way!
    Any gender guesses? haha!

a0j8uZY.png
    Baby 1 is a boy named Calvin :)
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    Fiddeliz wrote: »
    hombokai wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that other people's matriarch's must be having more fun than yours? I'm pretty newbish at The Sims 4, only 4 months playing, but my first matriarch was at 40 kids at the end of young adulthood.

I restarted since I wanted to make a tighter house with starting funds with which you can complete the challenge and not lose any kids in the process without changing the house or lot once it's set up. I've upgraded a lot of the furniture and actually painted the walls because just...well...I don't know what else to do with my simoleans.

How the fudge did you manage to have 40 kids in young adulthood? What lifespan are you playing? Mine was 4/5 active donor-catcher but only had 17 babies... what am I doing wrong :neutral:

@Fiddeliz There is a girl on facebook sims group that had around 300 in Young Adulthood on normal lifespan. It's doable. You have to stay pregnant constantly. Many people finish the whole challenge with one matriarch, easily. Some people claim single births are better, but if you are good at managing the kids and can skill them up and age them out on a good schedule, multiples is the way to go (less pregnancies means less time) both are doable, just depends on your comfort and skill level.

Ok but then they do not allow aging on pregnant sims? Because I use MCCC to make them age up when pregnant, I personally think it is sort of cheating otherwise (but of course it isn't since that is how the game is made).
    Anyone else feel that other people's matriarch's must be having more fun than yours? I'm pretty newbish at The Sims 4, only 4 months playing, but my first matriarch was at 40 kids at the end of young adulthood.

I restarted since I wanted to make a tighter house with starting funds with which you can complete the challenge and not lose any kids in the process without changing the house or lot once it's set up. I've upgraded a lot of the furniture and actually painted the walls because just...well...I don't know what else to do with my simoleans.

How the fudge did you manage to have 40 kids in young adulthood? What lifespan are you playing? Mine was 4/5 active donor-catcher but only had 17 babies... what am I doing wrong :neutral:

@Fiddeliz There is a girl on facebook sims group that had around 300 in Young Adulthood on normal lifespan. It's doable. You have to stay pregnant constantly. Many people finish the whole challenge with one matriarch, easily. Some people claim single births are better, but if you are good at managing the kids and can skill them up and age them out on a good schedule, multiples is the way to go (less pregnancies means less time) both are doable, just depends on your comfort and skill level.

Ok but then they do not allow aging on pregnant sims? Because I use MCCC to make them age up when pregnant, I personally think it is sort of cheating otherwise (but of course it isn't since that is how the game is made).

This particular challenge is designed with no aging in mind, most play it vanilla, so yeah the sims don't age.
    Ok so I am doing the 100 baby challenge again with a few changes. Like @SimAlexandria my matriarch will be married so I don't have to find new donors and I am going to try playing on long age span. When he dies she can find a new spouse if she still has a lot of days left before aging to elder. The second spouse has to be in the same age span as she(ya or adult). The early age up requirements for toddlers, children and teens are: all toddler skills must be maxed out. Children must complete 2 aspirations plus at least 1 life skills within range(good or bad) to age up to teen. Teen has to Max out at least one skill and have 2 additional life skills within range (good or bad) before aging to ya. I am currently at 3 kids. 2 toddlers and a baby and another on the way. 2 boys/1 girl so far.
    anash wrote: »
    Ok so I am doing the 100 baby challenge again with a few changes. Like @SimAlexandria my matriarch will be married so I don't have to find new donors and I am going to try playing on long age span. When he dies she can find a new spouse if she still has a lot of days left before aging to elder. The second spouse has to be in the same age span as she(ya or adult). The early age up requirements for toddlers, children and teens are: all toddler skills must be maxed out. Children must complete 2 aspirations plus at least 1 life skills within range(good or bad) to age up to teen. Teen has to Max out at least one skill and have 2 additional life skills within range (good or bad) before aging to ya. I am currently at 3 kids. 2 toddlers and a baby and another on the way. 2 boys/1 girl so far.

:) Glad to see you back here doing it again too!

Baby 3 is on the way for me.

We've had a boy Calvin, and a girl Clara so far.
    Ok so I didn't learn from the last time I installed mccc and installed it again and my game went all wonky. So I started the challenge over again with my own rules still being applied. So any way I am 5 kids in. 4 girls and 1 boy. Brittani is the oldest and has one more aspiration to complete before becoming a teen. Next came Makenna who is almost done with her first aspiration. Next is Krystle who just aged to child and thanks to the spinner app I use for aspirations spun the one aspiration I have a hard time finishing the social butterfly so she may take a while to age up. Then so far the only boy Axel who is a tot and almost to the point of aging up. And the baby for now is Madelynn who is still just a baby. We are currently not pregnant sense it is hard to find the time or they are so exhausted that they are about to pass out or the kids butt into the parents convos and it becomes awkward. So I may have them go on a date and see if that works. Happy simming
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

It's not cheating, it's how the game is designed. At worst, it's gaming the system, or exploiting the loophole. But not cheating. I finished the entire 100 baby challenge with one matriarch, well before she aged to elder. I didn't even get serious about doing it with one matriarch until after her adult birthday.

She had given birth to around 30 children by the time she aged to adult and I was very tired of playing as her and really went back and forth on just letting the youngest daughter take over right then. But, I gave her (yet another) makeover and kept going. Then I decided to see if I could do it with just her, and worked out a good system for cycling the kids out much more methodically.

Sadly, it did take away my connections to the kids. Makeovers stopped, since kids were only in a lifestage for 2, 3 days maxed. But, I did finished and I think Mom still had over 10 days left before aging to elder (I'd have to look back here on this thread, since I updated to here semi often).
    p8L4V6v.png
    Update. Brittani is a teen and almost done maxing out her comedy then we need to find her a mate so her parents can complete an aspiration goal. Makenna is also a teen and just needs to max out the violin skill and I may have her get married also. Krystle is almost done with her second aspiration and then she can be aged up to a teen. Axel is just starting his second aspiration then he can be aged up. Madelynn is now a child and is almost done with her first aspiration and has one more to go before aging up to a teen. We finally managed to get pregnant again with another boy who we named Donte who is a toddler and I keep forgetting about him so it is slow going on raising his skills.
  • BABYxTHExLUXEBABYxTHExLUXE Posts: 230 Member
    I love this challenge! Anyone got a blog going? Or can recommend one to read?
    edited March 2020
    I love this challenge! Anyone got a blog going? Or can recommend one to read?

@BABYxTHExLUXE I have a blog (link in my siggy). I'm down 84 babies, pregnant with 85 and 86 down 86 babies, so I hope to finish soon. Be warned though, my 'matriarch' is Vlad so it is a little unorthodox ;)

I would be interested in reading a completed 100 baby blog if anyone has one to share. Haven't managed to find one so far.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • BABYxTHExLUXEBABYxTHExLUXE Posts: 230 Member
    @MaggieMarley Thanks! I have read yours, been following it for a while now. I love the popcorn and Vlad's no nonsense parenting skills ><

Exactly, I was hoping to find some more to read, who arent having their own thread with updates. Older completed ones would be fantastic!

Have you read the ones of the .. Marine, 100 baby plums?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top