Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts as a future Game Pack?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I say we deserve our very first occult EP and the Happy Haunts idea is just perfect for it.
    Themewise I guess better ghosts and zombies would be a better fit than fairies or werwolfs, I could imagine playing a zombie to be really fun(ny) if done right, collecting recipes for brainstew, brainpudding, brainpie and so on, trying to keep your skin from falling off, fighting against the urge to do a classic zombiewalk and sound (and failing every now and then)......and imagine (un)life as a vegetarian zombie! What a struggle...

OR zombies could work like pets, you could either make one in CAS and add them to the household (they will have to be fed....and maybe walked?) or if you have a certain skill you can revive dead sims as zombies and they will join your household (could be added as a spell to spellcasters too). Maybe they can also do chores and tricks but due to them being zombies it won't always work as intended.
    They will of course make zombie noises instead of the normal sim voices.

I can see so many ways to have fun with this ^^

I'm loving your idea for zombies!! I want them so badly.👌👌👌👌👌

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Babykittyjade right? I never thought much about zombies before this thread, but now I really want them :D

also psychics, besides all the cool stuff that could come with them (ouija board, crystal ball), I imagine it could be really fun as a semi-active career, you could get a portable fortuneteller tent to just pop up anywhere and open for business, it could also be combined with the ghost hunting part, just have two branches of the "psychic career" one could be medium and the other ghost hunter.
    As a medium you'd go to peoples homes and commune with their dead ones and as a ghost hunter you'd free homes of evil ghosts, kinda like one is friendly with ghosts and the other is not.
    Also adding a new party/event option: "Seance".
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited February 2020
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    I would rather it be an EP and include dangerous stuff from the other survey, Afterlife from the survey, more grim interactions, and Goth stuff.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yuck, please no zombies. My least favorite occult. 😞
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I only want Zombies if they're like the ones in Warm Bodies. (not the Bonies, the ones like R and M) That is the only Zombie movie I have ever enjoyed. Probably because of the Shakespeare.
  • simskicosimskico Posts: 41 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yes, yes YES, you guys!!

Fear, funerals, graveyard lots, zombies, reworked Ghosts, danger, seances, supernatural careers, divination, exorcisms, rituals, possession, laying spirits to rest, honoring the dead...all could be in a spectacular GP or EP! ❤️❤️❤️

@Moon_Willow I'm sure Fairies are coming. They scored in the top four of the Occult poll done on Twitter. There's a hint of their presence in Discover University and Realm of Magic with the Familiars and sprites. I feel like the game is inching its way in that direction. :)

Finally someone who wants zombies!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    They are not the most popular so I'm really praying we get them still.

High five for zombies!

I mean honestly, what other pack would they come in at this point? I tried to get them to come with Spellcasters as minions of voodoo priests, but that didn't happen so hopefully they'll come with ghosts.

Of course...I would not be opposed to an apocalyptic pack with zombies either. ;)

I second all of this you guys!!!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm all for happy Haunts but I do hope they include zombies, or a better version since we sort of have them with the walk run styles of strangerville and skeletons.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2020
    p9nvwuo.png

Wow i wasn't around during this vote. Have heard about it but never thought it included so many nice features. 3 new careers with so many new gameplay and it got outvoted for knitting? I can't understand that.
    I'ld say im more of a realistic player (i don't play vampires or fairies or werewolfs) but i do play with ghosts and i love psychic features, like the tarot, crystal ball, genies, ouija board... funerals, graveyards, exorcism would be amazing adds too. This pack would be a real dream! The idea of a world featuring a deep forest... oh i would love that! New aspiration, new traits and skill (psychic abilities)...
    About zombies i also still have bad memories of sims 3 and can't avoid of thinking about them as very intrusive, specially because their 'lives' are all about roaming around... but the truth is it'ld fit this pack really well. It's all about ghost and contacting the deads. It's all about death in general... than zombies are a perfect fit. I just hope they're well done.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    p9nvwuo.png

Wow i wasn't around during this vote. Have heard about it but never thought it included so many nice features. 3 new careers with so many new gameplay and it got outvoted for knitting? I can't understand that.

No.

Arts and Crafts, which also had 5 options for gameplay outvoted Happy Haunts. We were only ever getting 1 - just 1 gameplay feature with the stuff pack. So it would have been one of those three careers, not all three (or worse, one of the other two options and no careers and then people would be complaining about that.)

Which is why I do agree that the concept of Happy Haunts works better as a hypothetical game pack, rather than a stuff pack. Because then you might be able to actually get all three careers, instead of just one or even none.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    p9nvwuo.png

No.

Arts and Crafts, which also had 5 options for gameplay outvoted Happy Haunts. We were only ever getting 1 - just 1 gameplay feature with the stuff pack. So it would have been one of those three careers, not all three (or worse, one of the other two options and no careers and then people would be complaining about that.)

Which is why I do agree that the concept of Happy Haunts works better as a hypothetical game pack, rather than a stuff pack. Because then you might be able to actually get all three careers, instead of just one or even none.

Ohh ok! Well, let's make some noise about this! :) It would be amazing to get a HH game pack with all this features!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @BMSO Sims 2 had the best zombies, I think. They were interesting, and weren't annoying.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Not a big fan of zombies, but if they made it so they only showed up if you summoned them I'd be fine with it.

Otherwise, I'd love to see something like this added to the game someday; especially if they patched in better ghosts with it.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I wanted that grim reaper career so bad I could almost taste it. :D I still want it but like many have said, this subject of HH has so much more to add that it would serve better in a game pack and I would be first in line to buy it! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes please!
    I really want Gypsies, Cursed Werewolves,
    Good/Bad Spirits, Underworld, Olympus, Heaven, Hades, Angels & Demons.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I only want Zombies if they're like the ones in Warm Bodies. (not the Bonies, the ones like R and M) That is the only Zombie movie I have ever enjoyed. Probably because of the Shakespeare.

Warm Bodies is an amazing movie. It's also the only zombie film I've ever liked too. I hear the book is just as good.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We still have more supernatural packs to come out. We'll get more spooky things in those, hopefully.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Please no. We already have so much ”halloweeny” stuff and vampires and spellcasters, ghosts and other ”scary fun” stuff. It’s enough!

What we do need and lack in the game is more tech stuff, more careers involving science and technology, more trinkets that are science related.
    There’s a science table for kids but then what?!
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I REALLY hope they do. I was super disappointed that none of the SPs from the Laundry Day vote got made afterward.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    Agreed. Happy Haunts should be a GP. With as much content as possible. I was really torn between the craft pack, and Happy Haunts. But I really wanted all the options to be included, having to just choose Knitting was hard. Showing us all those options, and then making us just choose one, was almost cruel. So a FULL Happy Haunts Pack would be great.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I’m so mad this didn’t win

But look how little of what they thought they were getting and actually got in knitting. I'm glad now it didn't win, I'd have wanted all those things, it wouldn't be same without them to me, I hope there is a future pack with all of it included
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I second that comment. ^ When I saw the Grim Reaper career, that was all I wanted and was crestfallen (lol) when knitting won. I would add my name to a petition to have HH as a game pack, not a sp.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    1 vote for happy haunt as a game pack! It shouldn’t be just stuff pack really, this is what I tell myself when knitting wins :#
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I would enjoy a happy haunts pack.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I wouldn't mind getting an expansion with supernaturals and this mixed together.