Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life Stage Packs

I was curious to see what other Simmers thought of packs dedicated to each life stage. I've never understood why The Sims franchise hasn't done this before because it seems like the perfect opportunity to sell packs that are versatile for players. They could do 8 Game Packs with each one dedicated to CAS and Build/Buy objects specifically dedicated to each life stage. I know they've already done Toddler Stuff but I figured a life simulation game could at least create a Game Pack based on the life stages.

I know others have asked for this but I'd also wish they would do more packs related to actual life events such as a Wedding Game Pack. I just feel like there's so much to life and The Sims 4 being a life simulation game is missing so many aspects of everyday life.

Anyway, would you be interested in life stage game packs? What aspects of life do you wish would be included in The Sims 4?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    They also did a Kids pack, so that's two done already.

While there probably is a game pack worth of stuff they could do for each life stage, since they already have done stuff packs for two, it would be more consistent to do just stuff packs.

At this point Teens and Elders are the only ones I think actively *need* a stuff pack... and I'm personally stretching it with elders because while elders could use more "retirement" activities, there's really nothing that YA/Adults do that I think elders shouldn't be doing/can't do - especially based on the classes and programs for Seniors at my local park district. I also realize that I'm apparently in the minority with that stance. (There is something to be said for "once they're elders, you've probably done everything with them you were planning to do" though. I will agree with that point.)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would prefer a well done generations expansion pack to 8 game packs. I know ea would prefer the latter but it would be bloody expensive.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I would prefer a well done generations expansion pack to 8 game packs. I know ea would prefer the latter but it would be bloody expensive.

Yes, this please.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited March 2020
    I don’t mind Stuff Packs for specific ages that add more clothing/hair/CAS but never core gameplay features.

People need to stop allowing The Sims Studio to charge us for core gameplay features.

Update the base game and already provided expansion packs. There are a lot of things that need an overhaul and many areas lacking.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member

I would like to see a Generations expansion as well. The only reason I suggested game packs was because I feel like they would be able to flesh out each life stage even more than if they were to do them all together in one expansion pack. But yes, it's definitely not cheap. But I used to buy every Sims-Sims 3 Expansion/Stuff Pack without question at full price the day of release. Now with The Sims 4 I just wait for them to go on sale because I don't think they are near the same quality.
    Hestia wrote: »
    I don’t mind Stuff Packs for specific ages that add more clothing/hair/CAS but never core gameplay features.

People need to stop allowing The Sims Studio to charge us for core gameplay features.

Update the base game and already provided expansion packs. There are a lot of things that need an overhaul and many areas lacking.

I definitely think the base game has a lot of core features that need a major overhaul so I agree with you there. I guess maybe I'm wondering why they didn't take advantage of life stage packs from the start of The Sims 4. Not so much adding it now. I know they've added Kids Room and Toddler stuff but even those were lacking. I was thinking game packs to add new features and gameplay for each life stage as well to give them more depth.

But yes, there are things from the base game that need some serious TLC.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    As long as it is not just a stuff pack. I want a gameplay. Not stuff.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Nope.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Improvements to the life stages should be done in free updates or 1 single Generations EP. We shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars for multiple packs to do something that should already be part of the BG.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I would like to see a Generations expansion as well. The only reason I suggested game packs was because I feel like they would be able to flesh out each life stage even more than if they were to do them all together in one expansion pack. But yes, it's definitely not cheap. But I used to buy every Sims-Sims 3 Expansion/Stuff Pack without question at full price the day of release. Now with The Sims 4 I just wait for them to go on sale because I don't think they are near the same quality.

I think i understand your intention: more deph for each life stage :) it's a good intention, no doubt about it... but i dont think this would work in practice. I think we would get the content of one ep divided in several game packs and it would be an excuse for ea to charge us a lot more... i honestly think that we should ask for more in each pack and not give them a reason to charge us much more. Anyway, i also am expecting more relevant content for some life stages that have been somehow neglected...
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Elders could really use some Game Pack love. As I move further from the RP demographic and closer to the AARP demographic, I feel this more strongly. ;)

I am FINE with it being individual packs. Folks want to "free the babies" - great! I want to keep them as 3 day furniture.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2020
    It really depends on the pack content...

If it's just packs with items and clothes but no new game play then I'm not interested. If it's packs with new game play options for each life stage plus new items and clothes then I would love it. I really want new game play for each life stage more than anything.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I would love more attention to other ages than young adults. But I am not so sure if I want to buy one pack for each age. I would prefer a generations pack with something for every age.

As an example I look at the character values in parenthood. They go from toddler, to child to teen. I like them being usable in more than one age group. In a scenario with a seperate pack for each age this concept would be unlikely.

But what I want most is other age groups be included in 'regular' packs like bikes for children (DU) , magic for children (RoM) , parents being able to take their children along in a boat (IL) ,...
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    I think a generations expansion pack would be great.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    While I can see where more family play and life stages need to be further developed, having a game pack dedicated to each stage is absolute overkill and I have no doubt that the majority of players would most likely get bored very quickly with the repetitious theme. Even three game packs is too much, considering we already have Parenthood.

I agree with the others that one dedicated generational expansion pack should be enough. Then, on top of that, a love and romance game pack that can include things like first crushes for kids, prom dates for teens, and speed dating, internet dating, blind dates for older age groups, celebrating anniversaries, as well as more wedding stuff and romantic dancing. With those two packs, I think we'd have a sufficient chunk of gameplay to fill the gaps we have now.

#Team Occult
    I think the reason my mind went to Game Packs was just so they would have more depth because I feared if they did a Generations Expansion it would be "Hey, here's an outfit and 1 hairstyle for each life stage, more generic items and a couple new interactions that not every life stage can perform".

I'm all in the camp of spending less money! haha
    LiELF wrote: »
    first crushes for kids, prom dates for teens, and speed dating, internet dating, blind dates for older age groups, celebrating anniversaries, as well as more wedding stuff and romantic dancing.

I would definitely like to see more stuff like this in game! I completely forgot that Sims 4 doesn't have an option to celebrate anniversaries for married Sims. Wedding's definitely need to be improved. For a life simulation and weddings being a massive part of life, they didn't really do much with them...