Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a reason there isn’t a therapist career?

Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
Just curious if you guys think there’s a particular reason we haven’t had a therapist career in ts4. Is it something they think would be too controversial?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 2020
    No, I just think that they haven't had the right pack to do it. You can't be an architect, a librarian or a truck driver either and none of those are exactly controverisal. Also, we do have stuff in the game that some people might consider more controverisal than a therapist.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I hope they will since they have psychology degree
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Me too. I’m actually a psychologist irl, so I would love it.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I personally don't want it because I don't want to be reminded of mental illness.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited February 2020
    I can't think of any reason why a therapist career would be controversial. They probably just haven't added it because they're focusing on ultra-hip, super trendy careers instead :#
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    there is a mod career for this
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• lilybluesimslilybluesims Posts: 19 Member
    I would really enjoy a therapist career. Because if the Doctor career is for physical health, then a career dealing with mental health would be cool. I hope it comes to the game soon.
    xz1R97il.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think there's no reason behind it all. It's just a thing, it's not in the game like so many other thousands of careers that aren't in the game. It wouldn't be possible to have them all anyways so they just pick popular and/or trendy. They might also feel that the doctor can cover this. Doctor can mean a lot of things and people could "pretend" they are therapists.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited March 2020
    I had a mod a couple years ago for a counselor. Here is a MOD for therapist:https://sims4-mods.com/helene912-s-mental-therapist-career

Also MOD the sims has this one which is the one I used and liked a lot: http://modthesims.info/d/622945/therapist-career-updated.html
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I play on console so mods are not relevant for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top