Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Weather Mods

Recently purchased the Seasons expansion. I know you can change a season before playing a game. Lets say summer, after a few Sim days, the weather has not changed? Sunny and still all the time? Does it change after a set amount of days, or what? So I decided to get a weather mod, 'TwistedMexi's'. I thought this mod had a drop down box with a list of weather events, and just click one to select, and start the weather event? Not as simple, you have to bring the cheat box up (ctrl,shift,c) and type in quite a long command on a particular event, (like a storm) and then type in another event, like sunny and calm to stop the storm. Phew! That is 'long winded typing' just to change a weather event and back again! Any weather mods that are much simpler to use? And how long do I have to wait in normal gameplay, before it rains or snows, or get a storm? Not like in London UK, rain, wind, cold almost every day this month! Thanks
Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't have mods about weather. But in normal play, you can set the seasons to 7, 14 or 28 days. If you want the four seasons to rotate fast you can set them to 7 days each. Summer (and all seasons) are not all sunny. It can rain and there can be storms. While there's a pattern, seasons aren't always the same. This year summer may be full of hot waves and next year's can be more rainy. You also can buy (or build, i dont know for sure cause i never used it) a weather machine and with that influence the weather. I know i've come across some mods that allow you to use the weather machine without the requirements.
    Ah and also worlds have different patterns. For instance Oasis Spring never gets snow (or almost never). If you want a more rainy environment i'ld suggest Brindleton Bay (it comes with cats and dogs)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It'skinda like in real life... Sunny summers usually continue a few days into fall before the weather gradually gets cooler, etc. If you check the calender it'll tell you what the weather will be for the day and itdepends on where you live. Sulani gets a ton of storms in the winter. Not sure about mods, sorry.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    If you want more summer thunderstorms, go to Windenburg. I find the weather there matches up with Northern New England, a stone's throw from the rocky coastline, really well. The weather patterns are different in each world. Windenburg is more like northern Europe and also like coastal Maine, with mixed deciduous and evergreen forests, lots of rocks large and small, mostly rocky coastline, cold, wet, sodden springs, and summers that are a mix of heatwaves and terrific thunderstorms, with many plain old rainy days intermixed. Some years here, it is hot and either humid or dry in summer, but more often humid, but summers here have been known to be dark, damp, and chilly nearly the whole summer, too. One just never knows. One year my sister came from out of state, and we had reserved a ferry ride to an island clambake, and so naturally in August, we rode for an hour across the North Atlantic with freezing rain spitting in our faces. Some fun.. :#
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited February 2020
    It'skinda like in real life... Sunny summers usually continue a few days into fall before the weather gradually gets cooler, etc. If you check the calender it'll tell you what the weather will be for the day and itdepends on where you live. Sulani gets a ton of storms in the winter. Not sure about mods, sorry.

Yes. The bigger the seasons the more beautiful is the change of the seasons. Im yet to experiment the 28 days seasons but i've noticed that the change is much more beautiful in 14 days than in 7. In 7 days seasons change more abruptly.
  • FDSims4FDSims4 Posts: 4 New Member
    You can see the current season and how far it will go by leaving the mouse over weather symbols at the left of the time of day. In the pop-up window that will appear, you can also see the current weather and the forecast for today.

In addition, you can change the actual weather (sunny, rainny, snow, etc) without mods by using the Dr. June's Weather Control Device. You can buy this device in the build mode.