Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    @divanthesimmer Yes, this is my husband. For real, right down to the outfit I put him in. (even though that is MY sweater that he stole from me)
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @lisabee2 Thank you so much for coming up with this challenge. It's gotten me out of my comfort zone and introduced me to some sims that I absolutely adore.

The worst part is waiting until next month to post the next part of the story. I've already got the next installment (mostly) written.
    I'm sorry! I just love all these characters so much! <3
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @15aewar I know how you feel. Though I haven't quite decided all the details of next month's story, I at least have an idea.

Congrats to all the January winners! I can't believe all those ties with that many people voting! :o
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    That's awesome! And it's a great photo too!
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Minraed wrote: »
    Congratulations to the winners on the polls! This has been quite fun so far so I am really looking forward to where everyone goes with the stories. I have just gotten started on my own 2nd part. In the meantime, I thought I would share this here just for the fun of it. The REAL Castaway Todd.

the-real-ct.jpeg?w=1040

First guess: Utah.
    Second guess: Colorado.

No but seriously, he'd thrive in SLC. Namaste, Castaway Todd!

(Tag yourself; I'm the THIRSTY & MISERABLE sign)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    @Minraed that's hilarious! I remember you saying you based him off your husband, but he really is Castaway Todd!

Congratulations to all the winners! I'm not surprised that the voting was so close. I know I had a hard time picking! I randomly chose my 3rd vote because everything was equally good.
    I still haven't started my part 2 yet. I know what I want my antagonist character to do, but can't decide which character to go with, lol. So many of them could work. I need to figure out who fits best.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Congratulations to the winners on the polls! This has been quite fun so far so I am really looking forward to where everyone goes with the stories. I have just gotten started on my own 2nd part. In the meantime, I thought I would share this here just for the fun of it. The REAL Castaway Todd.

the-real-ct.jpeg?w=1040

First guess: Utah.
    Second guess: Colorado.

No but seriously, he'd thrive in SLC. Namaste, Castaway Todd!

(Tag yourself; I'm the THIRSTY & MISERABLE sign)

*Pops out of the woodwork* SLC?
    41tidg8.jpg
    edited February 2020
    @Dollyllama108

Haha! He has been to one race in Utah at the border of Arizona and we have a few others on the list in Utah and Colorado.
    I love that you picked up the Thirsty and Miserable sign, it is the logo sign / name of a bar here in Toronto.

For anyone wondering what this has to do with anything, it is a real life copy of the Castaway Todd story pic from the January round.

And back to this regular programming. I am still holding out on reading because I don't want to be influenced for my current storyline so I am dying from suspense. I can't wait to see what all of you are coming up with.
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    I read my plot today and it was the dumbest thing I've ever written. Starting all over again with a new idea so don't expect it for a week at least. Never had this much trouble before. :/
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I read my plot today and it was the dumbest thing I've ever written. Starting all over again with a new idea so don't expect it for a week at least. Never had this much trouble before. :/

I'm sorry about that. Maybe you're just being too hard on yourself?
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @15aewar I know how you feel. Though I haven't quite decided all the details of next month's story, I at least have an idea.

Congrats to all the January winners! I can't believe all those ties with that many people voting! :o

Me neither. never seen anything like that
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Lucian meets his nemesis ... a pest straight out of Del Sol Valley bent on making him miserable!

Short Story: Lucian 2

5CKZ55c.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    15aewar wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Part 3 will entail? I already have an idea swirling around in my head. I want to make sure it will work with next month's challenge. <3

Did I ever answer this? I cannot remember. Your 3rd blog will involve picking a character from the ones submitted to be a supporting character and to help your protagonist resolve/ease/cease the situation between them and their antagonist .. the story will be how that comes about ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I am so excited to share this. Thank you @divanthesimmer for Veronica Grey. I hope you enjoy her misadventure as much as I did.

ct-part-2-cover.jpg?w=381&h=505

Read Castaway Todd part 2 - A Grey Day in Paradise
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2020
    Oh Wow @Minraed from that image your part 2 looks eerily like my part 3. :o I'm Nervous to read it as i already have mine written up and screenshotted (awaiting editing to fit any restrictions). :#

Welp!! All i can say is great minds.(though mine is not nearly as well written and as much fun as yours) I really enjoyed it. The details are fantastic. Poor Todd getting away from his responsibility only to be lumbered with more in the shape of a pregnant short tempered veronica. Love it <3
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    February's post is up! In this one, Michelle has to manage more than just her emotions...

February: CJ
    Jacob_Banner.png
    edited February 2020
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Oh Wow @Minraed from that image your part 2 looks eerily like my part 3. :o I'm Nervous to read it as i already have mine written up and screenshotted (awaiting editing to fit any restrictions). :#

Welp!! All i can say is great minds.(though mine is not nearly as well written and as much fun as yours) I really enjoyed it. The details are fantastic. Poor Todd getting away from his responsibility only to be lumbered with more in the shape of a pregnant short tempered veronica. Love it <3

Wow...same. I planned the plot for the third part of my story pretty much right after I wrote the second part. Wondering if I should change it, but the problem is that it's kind of an integral part of the story.
    phULnBI.png
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Charliimai wrote: »

Wow...same. I planned the plot for the third part of my story pretty much right after I wrote the second part. Wondering if I should change it, but the problem is that it's kind of an integral part of the story.

Yep, me too. I've written the entire third (well, for me, second) part, and the problem isn't resolved yet.

Might as well make Uri into a miniseries at this point. :wink:
    @Charliimai @divanthesimmer NO, don't change anything. It will be fun to see how our minds may wander in similar directions. This is so much fun and I loved everyone's variations.

I too have part 3 well in mind. Not sure where it will go yet because even when I start with a fairly solid idea I let random gameplay happenings guide me. For example, the part three character for me was not in mind yet (I had several possible ideas) but when I was looking through the debug collection of items and saw that conch shell it gave me the spark for where to go with the person coming to help Todd out of his predicament.

So ya.. don't change, I am guessing we may have a lot of early submissions next month.

@lillibattenberg I'm off to read yours. Morning reading over coffee.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2020
    @divanthesimmer. I agree with @Minread. It will be interesting to see how our similar plots fit into our very different story settings and styles.

Like @divanthesimmer i had both parts 2 and 3 already in mind before i even wrote part 2. I found it difficult trying to fit the other characters into Moon's life organically. They are all so great i didnt want to change them to fit so went with the two that worked for me. I honestly fell in love with Castaway Todd when i first saw him and knew he would be perfect for Moon. I am a bag of nervous excitement looking forward to being able to read the 3 part stories in their entirety. Catching the little details i missed on the first read through.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Down to the wire almost, but I finished my entry for the month!

What kind of mess has Jayne gotten herself into now?

Part 2: Backstabber

My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
    Happy Weekend! I think we are down to the wire with this extra February day. I think I have read all of the stories, but still I feel I am missing something, but I will definitely re-read for voting time. Are there any last minute entries? How many of you are already working on part 3 or have plans for continuing your storylines beyond this fun challenge?
    edited February 2020
    Happy Weekend! I think we are down to the wire with this extra February day. I think I have read all of the stories, but still I feel I am missing something, but I will definitely re-read for voting time. Are there any last minute entries? How many of you are already working on part 3 or have plans for continuing your storylines beyond this fun challenge?

I think @MenaBuchner forgot to post the link to her entry here, so posting it just in case. I read it this morning and really enjoyed it!

https://menabuchner.home.blog/2020/02/28/valley-of-angels-part-2
    phULnBI.png
    Also, @shera20 seems to have written another entry as well: https://msbellasims2018.wordpress.com/2020/02/27/__trashed-2/
    phULnBI.png
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    I am finishing up a story today.