Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

@suzses , I love your farm and farmhouse. The rustic charm, details inside and out, colour palette that exudes peace and calm. Just perfect. And how cool is that greenhouse garden off the bedroom. Well done! Links added to page 1 ❤️🌟
  • Options

@KarilynMonroe2 , your carnival houseboat looks like such fun and is so nicely decorated. Will be cool to see it travelling on the water with sims enjoying the activities. Well done! 😃🌟 Link added to page 1.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Thanks @ciane the visual is easier for me to use also but when I am double checking a new item I check it against @Jessabeans and @KarilynMonroe2 list before I add the snip to the visual. I try to only add a build snip if it has something new on it.

@Jessabeans the only thing I saw in the Train cars from the Villa set was the hanging plant. Then @KarilynMonroe2 used a few items in one of her builds. I know the Regal set is being discussed so I don't have it added. I didn't see the desk from the Palace on your list or KarilynMonroe2 list. Let me know if it is, please! :)
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2020
    @romagi1 Your visual list is the most accurate, since it's has objects actually used on builds. There were things I had installed to possibly use, and I was having trouble keeping it straight. I wish I had taken more care curating the list in the beginning. The desk is installed, but I don't think anyone has actually used it.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited February 2020
    @romagi
    Everything on my list and installed in my game so far is either on the visual list or is being used by @Jessabeans in her world build (but I haven't added everything from her list yet). I am planning to remove whatever she removes along the way. I just added the cirque esprit items to my list- we had agreed I could use a few items from the set. In addition to what I used in the houseboat I will probably use the Le Cirque Esprit- Oddities Etc. Wall Display and the door, if that is okay, but doubt I'll use anything else from that set.
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @romagi1 Your visual list is the most accurate, since it's has objects actually used on builds. There were things I had installed to possibly use, and I was having trouble keeping it straight. I wish I had taken more care curating the list in the beginning. The desk is installed, but I don't think anyone has actually used it.

I used the rococo desk in my houseboat as I have installed most of what is on your list.
    It will be easy enough to replace it if you decide to remove it from the list.
    I do love the Rococo items for the more historical spots.
    I guess I will unistall the vinyard set and find out what turns up missing. I don't know what was used from the set, as the whole set shows everytime someone uses something from it.

I used 2 items from the cirque esprit set on the houseboat and plan to use them again in my festival lot build, and possibly the door and the case of oddities. I'm planning to squeeze a little costume shop in- but of course I need to wait to see what you do with St. Marks square, how much room there is. It looks like they have shops all around the square selling masks and costumes and there is some kind of music store or music museum which I may try to recreate. I'm having fun watching the videos of the Venice Carnivale 2020 which just ended. Lots of inspiration to find there!

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I removed the vinyard bedroom set from my list and my game. I have used the bar and barstool, the door and the jack and jill picture. Someone else has used the plant. I don't know if I'm the only one using these items but I installed the set because it was on the visual list. Do I need to get rid of all of the items?

Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @KarilynMonroe2 ... Maybe you could find an item or two from Le Cirque Esprit, (since those can be installed individually) that would help with your carnival idea but could also be used by someone else in their Paris build?
    I used 2 items from the cirque esprit set on the houseboat and plan to use them again in my festival lot build, and possibly the door and the case of oddities. ...

@KarilynMonroe2 , to be fair to the others and in alignment with what @Jessabeans agreed to above, I’ll like to request you hang on before adding any more new additional items at this point in time.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    On that note... store content use has become more of a challenge than I expected. I’m not sure how much leeway Jessabeans still has for adding additional items, but what I’m thinking is that perhaps each us are allocated a final # of items (5? 10?) which we identify and use when needed. For those who have not used much store... maybe potential further allowance down the line based on need / multi-purpose / multi-person use.

For the Regal items... since the full set is already installed, an option could be free use of any of the items within that set so we don’t need to negotiate each time. Items could still be listed individually as used in case Jessabeans decides to uninstall the full set in favour of individual items down the line. On the other hand... if we don’t foresee using any of the remaining items, then the set could be freed up to provide room for other more needed items.

Thoughts? Concerns?
    @ciane, @Sandraelle , @romagi1 , @Jessabeans , @soocoolsim , @suzses , @HollownessDevour , @BreeMiles , @KarilynMonroe2 , @Hidehi , @60smusicluvr

Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I don't plan on using any item that hasn't been used already.
  • Options
    @soocoolsim This vineyard set sneaking in really messed me up. I should have confirmed before adding it, since it wasn't on Jessabeans list, but I had installed the visual list first, then started on hers. I used several items from it and removing the set does not remove the items so I had to go through and also remove them individually, then add back what I actually used. Now I'm not sure if I should remove everything from the set but I'm will to do it if @Jessabeans is not going to install them. Otherwise I will add them to my list (the picture, the bar with stools and the hanging plant).
    I only have regal set items installed that have already been used and don't plan to install the whole set, personally. I am really glad I waited because if I had to go through and unistall items from the set individually, it would take all day.

If I could make a suggestion, perhaps we could list some lots as optional. for example my houseboat does not need to be installed into the world but anyone could add it if they want to. These lots could contain extra store items. I could do the same with the festival lot.

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited February 2020
    @KarilynMonroe2 I really wish I had remembered to bring up the Vineyard Villa set sooner. At first, I didn't realize it was my lot listing that the visual was from, and then I thought I should look and see if others were already using it, and after that, I got my nose in my projects and just forgot about it. I know it's a hassle when you think you have something all worked out and then something changes. It would have been an appropriate set to use for the farm, but since I thought no one was using it, I just didn't. I'm sure Jessa added it to the list initially because it suits the Venice area.

Edited to add: I really, really appreciate all the efforts to document what we actually can use, your list with links @KarilynMonroe2 , @Jessabeans ' list, and @romagi1 's visuals. It's still hard to to take it all in, though.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses No worries- its just a weird glitch with the exchange, nobodies fault.
    I'm just so glad its a very small set. This is one reason why I started over with a new folder with only approved items. If its not installed I can't accidently use it- my hope is to have a flawless list once the world is released.
  • Options

@KarilynMonroe2 , to be fair to the others and in alignment with what @Jessabeans agreed to above, I’ll like to request you hang on before adding any more new additional items at this point in time.

Certainly.

Are we keeping the items from the vinyard set that I used or do I need to re-upload?

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @soocoolsim We're really using quite a bit of content already, and right at the moment, I can't think of anything additional I would actually *need* for builds I've committed to that's missing. So, I'm good with not adding more (and if I do put in something not on our list, it's because I'm terrible at keeping track of it :D and I'm more than willing to fix my mistakes). I can see, though, that something could come up that would make a big difference for a particular build, and that could be addressed. It seems as though at this point there should be fewer and fewer requests to use something additional - but maybe that's not the case since you asked?

I wasn't sure what you meant by the 5-10 items - is that an allowance of additional things each person could have if needed/wanted? That seems pretty generous, but you know we're likely to use up that allowance, too. :D Given who you tagged, if each of us used 5 more items, that would be 60 more things, which is a LOT.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses that is a lot of items but there are also many items on Jessabeans list that haven't been used yet (except perhaps by her).
    I could make a list of those items, would that be helpful?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    No worries indeed @suzses, It’s new for most, if not all, of us to negotiate what’s used in our builds so we’re all trying our best as we go along. It’s tough when you have a group of such wonderful builders to set boundaries on creativity. No blame intended re the Vineyard Villa set.

Yes... I too was anticipating there would be very few new items at this point. Lol, and yes an allowance even generous could certainly be used up quickly but would also serve as an end point. I’ve already identified the Regal single window that I’ll be using with the upcoming Tower bridge and may request that screen door and floor plant for our Chinatown builds but not at that stage yet... potentially 3 items right there. KarikynMonroe2 just added 2 new items with her houseboat and would like to add another two for her carnival lot... that’s another 4 if approved to meet the multi-use criteria.

@KarilynMonroe2 , I’ll leave the Vineyard Villa set / other items inclusion or not for @Jessabeans to answer since she still has builds to complete and may need those items... as well as on whether the list you propose would be helpful to her review.

Regarding potential optional lots... I guess your houseboat could be an optional lot however since Jessabeans was kindly adding a new dock for this purpose, it would be a shame not to release it with the world. Please forgive my confusion, but for the carnival festival lot... were you thinking that Jessabeans (or someone else) would claim and complete that lot (St. Mark’s Square) within content guidelines for release with the world and you provide a link to download your optional full blown store content lot for folks to replace as desired? So basically there would be two versions available?
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    Regarding potential optional lots... I guess your houseboat could be an optional lot however since Jessabeans was kindly adding a new dock for this purpose, it would be a shame not to release it with the world. Please forgive my confusion, but for the carnival festival lot... were you thinking that Jessabeans (or someone else) would claim and complete that lot (St. Mark’s Square) within content guidelines for release with the world and you provide a link to download your optional full blown store content lot for folks to replace as desired? So basically there would be two versions available?
    Yes. Similar to how the Sims gurus used to release a festival lot to go with a new world.
    She is doing St. Marks Square already and then I'm going in to make it a festival lot. I can do it with whats already available and am not planning to install anything else into my game at this point in time.
  • Options

Gotcha... sounds like a plan
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

@soocoolsim , I think we've already got a good choice of store content we can use and although there will always be something else that may look better in a build I am sure we are all quite capable to use what is available already without adding anything else.

@suzses , I absolutely adore your beautiful and so authentic looking farm!!! <3<3<3 x

@KarilynMonroe2 , I'm sure our sims will thoroughly enjoy partying the night away on your fabulous boat :)

Thank you all for your good wishes for a successful recovery of my game files. I very much dislike that I was forced to be tied to Origin due to the reinstall :# but at least I can continue building and hope to have the London Dive Bar finished by the end of the weekend.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @KarilynMonroe2 your carnival themed houseboat looks awesome and so colorful, and I think it should be included, especially if @Jessabeans has already created a dock for it.

@suzses , Wow, I absolutely love, love, love your vineyard farm!! It's so authentic looking, cozy and has such great details - I love all of your color and texture choices inside and out. And the outdoor dining area was a great feature. Awesome job!!

I agree with what others have said - that @romagi, @KarilynMonroe2 and @Jessabeans are doing a marvelous job keeping up these store items lists for us to use. The visual one I use a lot as well! So thank you to all of them. Who knew that the store stuff would be such a challenge, lol.

And I also agree that I think we have a large amount of store items already available to us and that we can certainly try to find alternate items to use, unless of course it's something like a build item that's necessary and specific for a certain lot. :)
  • Options
    I just have to say that you all are so wonderful and supportive. What a nice group and a pleasure to be included!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I finished the duplex behind the gym in the London area. To set the NPC door with a public room marker outside, I took an unconventional approach and set the back door as the NPC door and the backyard on the NPC side is set as a public room. It seems to work okay and blacked out the rooms as it should. And, most importantly, my Sims had NO problems using their own door. So, here's the Old Brick Duplex:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9367648

Yeah, maybe I should ask for help with naming some of these. I did think about checking out road names, but ...

I'm going to start on the library next using one of the pics @soocoolsim linked for me earlier.
  • Options

Your duplex is very nice indeed @ciane . Move-in ready all the conveniences and more. And my goodness, even the NPCs are spoilt with such a fully decorated apartment. Well done! Link added to page 1 😄🌟
  • Options

Looking forward to seeing your library 😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top