Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better alien genetics?

I have been messing around with aliens lately ( not literally :D) and have had few half alien and alien babies in multiple families (most by abdcution, few by traveling to Sixam).
And I have to say that I wish that alien genetics would work better. While I love their design and abilities, I wish that half-human and half-alien sims could have a chance to inherit soemthing from their alien parents. F.e the big, dark eyes or the ability to read minds an discover traits. Since one can create a sim with blue or green skin in the base game already, it looks ,to me, a waste that half aliens are just sims with green/blue skin. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited February 2016
    I would like for human sims would be able to inherit alien ears. And alien sims to inherit human eyes. :o
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @Tarruvi Agree about the ears and eyes. Something like Smiths in TS2, where their son had alien skin with human eyes.
  • Options
    If your looking for Aliens with human eyes and human skin tones, I have a few aliens like this. :o
  • Options
    @Tarruvi You do? Mine usually look complitely human just with blue/green.pale blue skin, but they are usually half human. I would love for hybrids to have more alienish skin tones like purple, that actual aliens have. And, like mentioned before, the ears, eyes and skills.
  • Options
    Well, the aliens ARE aliens with human skin and eyes. But their genetics are limited:

*They can pass on their human skin tones 100% of the time, just like normal aliens.

*They pass the human eye color onto their human offspring, but alien offspring in the game generate a random color every time(it's how the genetics are programmed).

Fun Fact: if an alien with (human skin) bred with an alien with (alien skin) their skin genetics "blend" and you get random skin tones(human and alien). :)
  • Options
    Here's one:
    10683602_1564756643850530_1418952804396294436_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
  • Options
    @Tarruvi Oh, that's cool. Had no idea this existed. Thanks a lot! Now I shall be making alien babies all over the place. :smiley:
  • Options
    @FallenPrince
    Yeah, I just hope they patch in Human sims with the ability of pointed ears. Possibly when The Sims 4's Supernatural comes around?
  • Options
    @Tarruvi Yes, supernatural seems to be the expansion for it.
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    I’m disappointed with Aliens in TS4. They could have had interesting genetics, especially with those alien eyes on a human. All hybrids inherit the skin colour, maybe pointy ears and the secret handshake and that’s it.

Also the Alien powers are very underwhelming. If only they had powers like they did in TS3 with a power bar.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited February 2020
    I just want better Aliens in general tbh... #makealiensawesome
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It would be nice to be able to make Aliens like in Doctor Who, Stargate SG1, Star Trek & Star Wars.