Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Careers Do You Want in Your Game?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Careers needed in Sims 4:
    Archeologist
    Firefighters
    Ghostbusters
    Hunters
    Inventor
    Mechanic
    Monarchy
    Superheroes
    Time Travelers
    Vampire Hunters
    Warriors

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    Tattoo artist

Part-time job :
    • Home services (Pool Cleaning and Landscaping)
    • Spent time with elder
    • Food deliver (Uber Eats)
    • Tutor
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Pizza delivery part-time job.
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Midwife and therapist.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Careers related to each of the occult sims.
  • XyriaXylesXyriaXyles Posts: 1 New Member
    A radio station career, using the skills, either Logic for informative type of role of radio or comedy like a Monday morning radio station you would hear on you way to work or even using Media Production skills. Getting rewards like a special radio, a satellite for your backyard and even maybe a home radio to end up helping you work from home. I believe it would be interesting to have a radio station and being able to "Tell stories to the viewers" or share knowledge through radios. Or maybe sims would be able to record voice clips and save it to file for their great grandchildren to listen to when they passed away. (That would be able to share more skills for your sims down the line.) I'd love to see a career like this be implemented.
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I think a larger variety would be fun!!!

-farmer/farm-hand/herbalist
    -car repoman/mechanic (if vehicles are added)
    -construction worker
    -school teacher/principle/professor/headmaster
    -ability to retire
    -firefighter
    -grocery store owner/aisle stocker/cashier (if grocery stores are added)
    -babysitter/daycare owner (for toddlers and children)
    -Maid (not just to hire one)
    -Sewing store owner (with the kitting pack)
    -medium/psychic/ghost hunter
    -stylist/cosmetologist/nail and hair salon owner
    -newspaper delivery
    -professional soccer player/singer/rockstar
    -yoga instructor
    -lifeguard
  • terrifiedtaylorterrifiedtaylor Posts: 5 New Member
    Honestly, I would prefer Firefighter along with EMT.

As it stands right now, I'm creating the Sims and playing them as me and my husband. Now I don't know if I'm the only who does that and if I am I know I'm weird lol.

But in real life he's a certified firefighter and EMT and I just think I would definitely play a lot more.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Yes dog walker would be a great idea or a pet sitter, earlier today I thought of a house cleaner so what you said a maid. Maybe add a baker which later you could choose from pastery chef or bakery chef.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    My favourite two would be fashion model and aerobics instructor.
    2quwd7.gif

• KARENsLIFE_7X7KARENsLIFE_7X7 Posts: 13 New Member
    I think there should be a few funny careers, like Clown, A charachter for a birthday party. Performer like Circus de soleil. Ticket counter at a movie theatre, worker at concession stands, popcorn, hotdogs, drinks, candy, etc. Someone working at a flower shop. I could go on an on. Great ideas.
  • PagesofdreamsPagesofdreams Posts: 2 New Member
    Psychologist - Counselors, Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Sadness Hotline Chat/Phone agents. You could even include specialties: https://www.verywellmind.com/a-list-of-psychology-careers-2794917. I like the idea above where you could also opt in to having sims deal with Mental Illness. Alternatively gloomy sims, erratic, and paranoid sims could also seek treatment or sims dealing with grief and their deep sadness moodlets. Perhaps you could gain traits while seeking treatment, like additional coping mechanisms. After seeking treatment, perhaps they are better at calming themselves down when they are angry or can better cope with dealing with grief.

Neurologists, Neuropsychologists, Neurobiologists, Psychology research.

The ability to be a Yoga Instructor would be cool. You could start by cleaning Yoga studios, work your way to Assistant Yoga instructor, Yoga Instructor, then maybe Guru.

Grocery store clerks/managers/stock clerks - Grocery stores with more food options and recipes.

Winemakers and Beer Brewers.

Pet sitters and dog walkers. Get more exposure to other animals and make friends with them more easily.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Honestly, my dream addition would be a Superhero part time job. You start out with a lame, homemade-looking costume as a Masked Vigilante, and work your way up to fighting supervillains and huge monsters...or (if you chose the evil branch) becoming a supervillain yourself. It would be an active part time job, like the GTW careers, and you wouldn't get paid, but you'd also set your own hours so you could do it while still holding one of the full time jobs in the game. There would be a skill tree where you could focus on things like gadgets, disguise, stealth, combat, spying, and witty banter. In the villain branch, you could plan and execute heists and attacks on the populace and face off against NPC heroes...Also, this would be a good excuse to patch robber, firefighter, and cop NPC's into the base game...and maybe Firefighter and Paramedic careers as part of the pack with the superhero job (the weird stuff would only activate if one of your played households actually has a sim playing through the superhero part time job in it, otherwise, the "Heroes" GP would just have normal emergencies for your first responder sims to deal with, since Firefighter and Paramedic would be active careers). Now THAT is an expansion pack I would throw down $40 for in a heartbeat.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2020
    Ghost Hunter

Superhero/Anti-Hero

Pet Nanny/Walker

Psychologist/Counselor

Interior Designer/House Flipper

Horse Trainer
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Blue-collar jobs, for sure.

If they make a cars pack, I think a Factory Worker would be perfect.

Start out on the assembly line, but by the time level 5 comes around and you can pick a branch, you should have the option to get into management--go green for a Tesla-type car line, or make gas-guzzling SUVs and see those cars appear on the road (and the pack's world could change accordingly: factories with smokestacks or windmills and solar farms).

I'd also like to see a House Flipper, or Real Estate Agent: as a work-from-home job, you travel to unoccupied houses in the world and participate in Open House days: schmooze prospective buyers, make a tidy commission for yourself, and actually see those Sims move in.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    Currently, I only can think of an active Singer career, which I think is perfect on the Get Famous pack. We only have 1 active career and it's an actor. Judging by how bad the Del Sol Valley is, I think they need to at least add more content on it, Singer would be great.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't have any specific careers I want... all I know is that since everyone is in quarantine/self-isolation, I would like more "stay at home" careers. I would like if there were a few more options for the Freelancer career and more careers where you must work from home!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Ghost Hunter

Superhero/Anti-Hero

Pet Nanny/Walker

Psychologist/Counselor

Interior Designer/House Flipper

Horse Trainer

I love your Horse Trainer idea!!!!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Singer, fashion model, yoga instructor and home designer can be added and we already have objects in the game for their daily tasks.
  • Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    These are all such good ideas. I would also say yes to Therapist/ Counselor. And Art Teacher.
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
  • ElizaG2016ElizaG2016 Posts: 35 Member
    I'd love the fortune teller career to be brought back from TS3. If EA's going back and fixing some packs, maybe this could be added into Realm of Magic?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think it would be nice if sims who reach level 10 in any skill could have the option to hold teaching classes for their skill. They could advertise it on the internet, set the schedule, duration and costs for students, choose a location where to hold their classes, and a number of random sims would show up for their classes every time. Other playable sims could enroll either by reading the advert on the internet or by going to the building where the classes are taking place and there could be an option on the door to join class.
  • RonDeScriptRonDeScript Posts: 9 New Member
    Maybe Firefighter and Paramedic could be rolled into a single "Emergency Services" career. I would also like to see a Sailor/Mariner type career, and maybe a Private Investigator.