Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    So... this is a spoiler for later on... but I can't help it. I have to post it, it's the funniest thing I've ever had happen in my game!

In which things get accidentally inappropriate.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited February 2020
    MadameLee wrote: »
    behind the scenes
    ZGhWH3E.jpg
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @MadameLee Wooden wands for good, bone for bad.

I didn't know there was a distinction between good and bad for wands.

well I need to for my SimLit

Oooh! That makes sense! Is this story up? I'd love to read a good vs evil magic story :)

So... this is a spoiler for later on... but I can't help it. I have to post it, it's the funniest thing I've ever had happen in my game!

You gave me a good laugh there.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey, so if I rewrote my LL story would anybody mind? I really hate the beginning of it because it doesn't make sense for the rest of the story. It needs me to set up a bunch of stuff for what I'd be writing right now.

@Bugsie2016: oh how I've been feeling the same thing. :pensive: In my opinion the restart is good if your motivation to continue the original is at zero and just won't return. The feeling of being trapped with a story is real.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Hey, so if I rewrote my LL story would anybody mind? I really hate the beginning of it because it doesn't make sense for the rest of the story. It needs me to set up a bunch of stuff for what I'd be writing right now.

@Bugsie2016: oh how I've been feeling the same thing. :pensive: In my opinion the restart is good if your motivation to continue the original is at zero and just won't return. The feeling of being trapped with a story is real.

i agree with @InfraGreen , @Bugsie2016 , feeling trapped in a story is the worst. You're just gonna end up resenting the whole thing eventually, and writing should be fun for the most part. I went on a 3 year hiatus from writing when i got to the 'zero motivation stage' i came back with a brand new story instead of continuing the old one, and now i have huge plans for the old story , which im continuing after my current one. sometimes a step backwards is all you need to go forward, so if you feel like a rewrite is best for you. Do it <3
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hi everyone :) I finally have another couple of updates for TDC, which can be read here;

Yq00Ih7.png
    aOmfHMP.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2020
    Rainesims wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »

i agree with @InfraGreen , @Bugsie2016 , feeling trapped in a story is the worst. You're just gonna end up resenting the whole thing eventually, and writing should be fun for the most part. I went on a 3 year hiatus from writing when i got to the 'zero motivation stage' i came back with a brand new story instead of continuing the old one, and now i have huge plans for the old story , which im continuing after my current one. sometimes a step backwards is all you need to go forward, so if you feel like a rewrite is best for you. Do it <3

@Rainesims I also support the long break! Who knows what can happen.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I ended up splitting 4.16 of The David Family Legacy into 2 parts.

4.16a Intermission
    4.16b Mixed Bag
    image.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    behind the scenes
    ZGhWH3E.jpg
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @MadameLee Wooden wands for good, bone for bad.

I didn't know there was a distinction between good and bad for wands.

well I need to for my SimLit

Oooh! That makes sense! Is this story up? I'd love to read a good vs evil magic story :)

@mercuryfoam the 2.12 chapter is in the post before the the behind the scenes picture. But I didn't include the magic duel since it wasn't part of the story line it just the two sims inviovled are by two fake religons (night gown->good teen prietess, the other one is from the evil one)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Does anyone hear happen to have the pose pack "Who Am I?" I kind of need it for my SimLit and the empiresims tumblir seem to be taken over by wordpress and the downloads link no longer work. I can't figure out how to make poses
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @MadameLee Did you try asking in the WCIF in the CC/Modding section? They may be able to help you there.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • HrootbeerHrootbeer Posts: 261 Member
    I added the second to last chapter of my Strangerville story last night. Part Seven: Sweet Sorrow. Adult content warning.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @Hrootbeer OOoooh! I've been reading your story from the beginning and I love this. I think I know how they're going to get back to each other...

Also, how do you do "pages"?

@mercuryfoam the 2.12 chapter is in the post before the the behind the scenes picture. But I didn't include the magic duel since it wasn't part of the story line it just the two sims inviovled are by two fake religons (night gown->good teen prietess, the other one is from the evil one)
    Does anyone hear happen to have the pose pack "Who Am I?" I kind of need it for my SimLit and the empiresims tumblir seem to be taken over by wordpress and the downloads link no longer work. I can't figure out how to make poses

Ah I see. I thought it was a separate story when I clicked your link.

If you don't manage to find the posepack, I'd be happy to give it a go. I learnt how to do poses recently and have been making poses/animations for fun ever since. I don't have a portfolio to show if they're any good. Best I can do is link my latest chapter since the rest of my anims are huge spoilers to my story.

Sunset Glow

My poses are from when he grabs her arm to her holding his hand in return.
    Pic 4 to 12.

Pinmat135 wrote: »
    @Hrootbeer OOoooh! I've been reading your story from the beginning and I love this. I think I know how they're going to get back to each other...

Also, how do you do "pages"?

Don't spoil it! I'm following too!

You do pages by choosing the 'page break' block. Type it in the search bar if it doesn't come up for you.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    March's issue of Simperium Magazine (in which I'm featured) is out! You can read it here:

https://joom.ag/Y8iC

PS: Sorry if the ranting is a bit much - I was just expressing my honest opinion.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    edited March 2020
    anyone know any Pose makers making requests? I kind of need to re-make this pose and most people who done requests closed down.. I need back up plan incase the one person I found can't make requests.

Me making the pose isn't an option- I have tried and my mind just shuts down on me.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

thats what i'm saying next time the benders do something inapporiate. it was a accident. lately their behaving themselves so i'm wondering what the next big suprise is. :) i'm off sundays now .
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited March 2020

Do you have a picture of the pose/s? Nevermind, I looked through my computer and couldn't find anything of the same name. Is it possible to use other poses instead?
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
    March's issue of Simperium Magazine (in which I'm featured) is out! You can read it here:

PS: Sorry if the ranting is a bit much - I was just expressing my honest opinion.

Doesn't feel like a rant. Those always were the major critiques for the game. If they did those, there would be less dissatisfaction in the community tbh. Im surprised they don't work on it when so many people have requested for it.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member

Doesn't feel like a rant. Those always were the major critiques for the game. If they did those, there would be less dissatisfaction in the community tbh. Im surprised they don't work on it when so many people have requested for it.

Totally agree! I feel the same way about multiplayer, the cost of the expansions, and the bugs. If the forums had a clapping emoji, I would use it.

It was a lovely read. Congrats on your new job, and thanks so much for representing the SimLit community.

P.S. Nice picture of Veronica Grey!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    15aewar wrote: »

Totally agree! I feel the same way about multiplayer, the cost of the expansions, and the bugs. If the forums had a clapping emoji, I would use it.

It was a lovely read. Congrats on your new job, and thanks so much for representing the SimLit community.

P.S. Nice picture of Veronica Grey!

2 questions? what are you talking about and whos veronica grey.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top