Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Looking like a Monday chapter, at this point guys! But I'll keep everyone updated! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    ‪Of course, by “Monday A2A chapter”, I obviously meant “🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️” Ahhh I’m sorry guys. Social plans have started popping up today and tomorrow so it’s looking less and less likely... 😬‬
    snvAF3B.png
    Sorry for the massive delay on this one! Today we actually get to be in Ollie’s head again...

9.29: Stay Out of It
    IGDApNp.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member

Poor guys :heartbreak::bawling::bawling:
    The Rosebrook flu has infected everyone :(
    It's hard to hope for anyone's happiness now :'(

Lily is as smart as ever...
    .... and Penny !!!! Arggg! :rage:
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I'm surprised that Ollie was surprised with the information! :o
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    It seems like whoever leaked the cursed journal entries to Landon is almost as evil as the journal itself. If it was Penny, only a matter of time before their mom gives them a talking to about how horrible that is and uses the saga that she experienced with Serenity & Trent as an example mortifying Penny and likely Asher (bonus points if Grandpa Phoenix is visiting). >:)
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    edited February 2020
    Minty1992 wrote: »
    Ok so I've probably been over thinking this more than I should have, but I came up with a small theory while I was reading and it has kinda snowballed from there. :p

So, my current theory is this:
    Penny has been acting strange and extra nice around Asher right? I think she is doing this to cover her tracks and if anything bad happens Asher won't think to blame her because of how "nice" she's being, but she doesn't realise that Asher already sees through her act. I believe that Asher at some point has left his room with his computer still logged on, maybe left his room to go to the bathroom or called down to dinner or something, and Penny, (who has been wanting to get revenge on Asher ever since her conversation with her younger sister) notices this. We know she's been kinda stalking him since his last diary entry as she just stood in the doorway watching him for the whole chapter. Anyway she sees this as an oppurtunity to find dirt on him, so she sneaks into his bedroom, snoops through his computer and finds his diary and prints it off. Than the next time she goes to school, she puts the copy of the diary she printed out in a envelope and posts it in Landon's locker. I had originaly thought maybe she emailed it to Landon or the whole school or gave the print-out to Landon in person, but I figured either Landon, Ollie or Lily would have mentioned this to him if this had happened or if any of them had known Penny had something to so with it. Yeah, so Penny is just being over the top nice and fake now so Asher doesn't suspect her when he finds out Landon has seen his diary, but we all know that Asher is too smart to fall for her lies and a big massive boss level fight is coming between the siblings. >:)>:)>:)

I love this idea because every generation I have kinda been sadistically thinking 'I want someone to read a diary and get into a hugh fight with the writer' :D I also think I have been denied seeing many of the characters being slapped or punched.

HAHAHA! This chaper left me laughing so much. Not that it wasn't sad. So my previous comment was a complete guess, I never actually expected it to come true. (Just call me the Rosebrook Whisperer) :D
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Honestly, at this point, considering that we are already at the last generation... I think somebody will be murdered...

That'd be the Rosebrook Curse at it's worst... :scream:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Honestly, at this point, considering that we are already at the last generation... I think somebody will be murdered...

Sorry, I'm not going to allow that. I've only just got up to date and started reading recently. This is going to be the first 20 gen legacy :D:D:D
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Minty1992 wrote: »
    YJB19299 wrote: »

Sorry, I'm not going to allow that. I've only just got up to date and started reading recently. This is going to be the first 20 gen legacy :D:D:D

Oof, just realized that we are just at Gen 9 :o:joy:
    Still my point stands, either somebody will be murdered, or somebody will be declared dead despite obviously being alive...
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    @MonaSolstraale I know :( The Rosebrook Curse is ruining everyone’s happiness, huh? Ollie should have listened to Lily... :grimace:

@haswh I think Asher has been so focused on Landon for so long that Ollie never had any idea how he felt, until now!

@VanPelt81 Penny learned her evilness from the journal! It all makes sense now :joy: And you’re right that Emberlynn could give some good words of wisdom on this one! If she finds out what happens, that is...

@Minty1992 Yup, you called it almost exactly! I read your comment last time and was like “Woah, he’s good” :joy: uh sorry to disappoint though, but no 20 gen legacies around these parts, sorry :joy: But I can at least promise that Asher’s gen will be quite long and we will probably get a short gen 10 too! :smiley: I’m happy you’ve joined us for this last leg of the insane Rosebrook journey! :heart:

@YJB19299 I mean, a certain someone has definitely earned it, huh? :grimace: That is assuming Asher finds out... but will he? :naughty:
    snvAF3B.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @CitizenErased14 is it just me or does 'the diary curse' affect other people that the founder or heir/heiress come across?
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Haha yeah it’s like @MonaSolstraale said — it infects everyone! :scream:
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Ha - the journal is infecting anyone that reads it! Poor everyone. :bawling::heartbreak:
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Ha - the journal is infecting anyone that reads it! Poor everyone. :bawling::heartbreak:

Ollie was cursed even before reading the journal.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Hey guys! ‪The next A2A chapter is in the works (look for it Wednesday or Thursday!)

I know I’m moving at a snail’s pace right now, but I hope you guys know that the story isn’t going anywhere! After over four years, there’s no way I’m abandoning this thing early ❤️ I just need a little breathing room, you know? But the Rosebrooks are here to stay and so am I, even if updates are slower now. I appreciate everyone’s patience so much, and it means a lot that you aren’t giving up on me when things have gotten slow. You’re the best! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Looking forward to more Rosebrook related journal misery and the moments that will cause me to laugh like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm81LSKJC2k

and facepalm Captain Picard style >:)

Hahaha thank you so much for your patience @VanPelt81 ! I promise more is on the way soon! (I know I said Thursday, but life got in the way of screenshotting! This weekend, I solemnly swear!)
    snvAF3B.png
    Aaaaand I failed you guys yet again. ‪Next A2A chapter still isn’t done, but it’s getting there. I know everyone is super understanding but I keep feeling like I’m a failure and letting everyone down. Especially since the chapter is short. Everyone is gonna be like “you made us wait 3 weeks for THIS?!” 😭 Forgive me. It’s coming. I swear. ‬I’ve been struggling with a combination of being super busy and feeling a lack of motivation. Working hard to overcome both of these things so I can finally get the next chapter out for you guys! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    Finally getting a chapter out tomorrow! Thank you guys for being amazing, as always :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    So sorry this one took so long :heart:

9.30: Psychosomatic
    azv1fH2.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member

It was a really nice time to return with Asher .... despite his depressed mood <3
    The only bright spot right now is that Ember won an Oscar ... It was great :smiley:
    I can't help but get into his mood and it must be due to your amazing descriptions of your character's emotional life <3
    Don't blame yourself. I didn't think this section was short...
    (I probably couldn't take any more depression until I burst into tears) :'(:joy:;)
    @MonaSolstraale Thank you so much for your kind words, as always :heart: Emberlynn’s Oscar is definitely a happy moment in an otherwise gloomy chapter :( Maybe some happiness can lie ahead for Asher after all this though?
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Poor Asher. Just keeps on writing in his online journal. Buddy, that already got you in trouble enough that you should have figured out the curse! Poor dude. Everyone's feeling the pain. :'(
    @AudreyFld Maybe someday the Rosebrooks will become truly self-aware and recognize the journal course... but for now? :naughty:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top