The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of Sims 5 would be your ideal?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Let's say its not going to be an MMO or whatever, but what kind of Sims 5 would be perfect in your eyes?

For me:
    • A sophisticated personality system that reflects well in game
    • Traits are a bonus to the personality, small habits the sim has. 2 positive traits, 2 negative (like bad at cleaning, but a charmer)
    • An attraction system
    • Wants and fears that reflect whats going on in the game and tied to that sim's personality
    • Basics of every EP in the game. For example, the main game has cats and dogs. But the expansion would add other animals. Base game has rain and snow, but the expansion can add major natural events (volcano spill, flooding etc)
    • Excellent CAS system (I think S4 has the best of the 3)
    • Coveted build mode options,objects, and npcs (Spiral stairs, curved roofs, heart bed, genie, tragic clown, crumplebottom etc)
    • Plenty of detailed animations like the sims 2
    • Maxis humor and consequences like in ts1
    • Open neighborhoods, not worlds. For me in open world when I visit a lot it's never populated enough. With neighborhoods I think it's a good balance. Loading screens do not bother me.
    • The ability to take photos and create an album in game with an option to write, like in TS2. You could edit your photos in game and upload your stories to the site directly through the game.
    • Can create your own neighboorhoods, community lots, etc can set down your own plots of land like TS2
    • The toggle system for some aspects of the game like TS3
    Basically the beauty of TS4, the customization of TS3, the depth of TS2, and the charm and difficulty of TS1

DUZcde6XkAA0kss.jpg
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    To do and have all the things I had in sims3 but without the problems.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Here's what I would like to see for Sims 5:

From Sims 1:

Horoscopes

A great soundtrack

From Sims 2:

Create A World

Apartments

Something like Open For Business

From Sims 3:

Open World

Create A Style(for Sims,pets and objects)

From Sims 4

The easy-to-use basements tool

Create you own clubs

Create your own holidays

Festivals(but you get to create and control them)

Other:

Pets(cats,dogs,fish,birds and reptiles)

A varied amount of venues in the base game(movie theater,game arcade,library,diner,etc).

No more of plunking bars,museums,gym or libraries into every single pack that's made.

A variety of good careers(military,dental/medical,education,etc)

Ghosts,toddlers and pools should be in the base game.

Babies not being boring objects tied to the bassinet.

Community lots should be just like the ones in Sims 1: You could put a variety of different venues on the same lot.

A variety of different musical instruments(electric guitars,drums,banjos,trumpets,etc).

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Ugh! My keyboard is broken and I've got this entire post NEARLY typed out 3 times now and accidentally lost it before it goes through!

Anyways...

Art Style like Sims 4.

Personalities like Sims 4 but upgraded - give us more slots for personality traits instead of just 3 and also give each trait a few etra unique interactions and autonomous moodlets and behaviours.

Relationships like Sims 4 except add in non-mutual relationships so that my teen can have a crush on his neighbour and she doesn't have to like him back and my kid can hate her stepmum who loves her etc.

Animations like Sims 2. More naturual movements, way better at interacting with each other. Bring back slow dancing and kids dancing on parents feet etc.

Aging, new, gradual: Make a baby diff from a 1 year old diff from a 2 year old etc. Sims just gradually look and act older.

World: Closed. I don't like Open.

CAS: No colour wheel unless there's a huge focus on swatches still too for those of us that prefer that. If we could have options then I hope they add colour wheel for those that want it.
    Also, let me hide all items I'd never use, or delete them from my game. THere's sooo many CAS and build items now that I'd never use and sometimes it's hard finding what I do want. Of course, also allow us to readd them at a later date if we desire.

Memories back properly

No cut scenes. Or else able to toggle them off.

In fact, more toggles. Toggles for occults, deaths, celebrities, etc.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Essentials
    All life stages having equal content in terms of gameplay, CAS, and BB objects.
    2 stages for each life stage; one representing the younger years and the second, the older years. And no life stage as an object.
    Lots of group gameplay and family activities.
    Less focus on technology and no trends. More normal jobs, with realistic job tasks (aka, not everything needs a computer).
    Gameplay, CAS, and BB items which reflects time periods before 2015.
    Realistic chores: grocery shopping, home improvements, etc.
    Actual personalities: Traits that actually make the sims act different, likes and dislikes, zodiac signs, dating preferences that can be set, and a system of desires with depth that make sense based on the sim's personality (aka, not wanting to buy something every 5 seconds unless the sim is materialistic. Deep desires such as wanting to get married, move to a new house, get a new job, etc).
    Difficulty options (an easier mode would be similar to TS4, where toddlers, kids, and teens can raise themselves and never need their parents for anything. All refrigerators naturally come stocked with endless food and there's never a need to go grocery shopping. A harder mode would make it so parents need to care for their children by cooking for them and putting them to bed and must shop for food for the house.)
    Options to turn off occults.
    Cars.

Bonus
    Ability to have higher order multiples. Up to sextuplets. (Maybe more if we get a higher max household size).
    Open world if it can function well enough. If not, open neighborhood at least.
    Optional patches.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Let's say its not going to be an MMO or whatever, but what kind of Sims 5 would be perfect in your eyes?

For me:
      • A sophisticated personality system that reflects well in game
      • Traits are a bonus to the personality, small habits the sim has. 2 positive traits, 2 negative (like bad at cleaning, but a charmer)
      • An attraction system
      • Wants and fears that reflect whats going on in the game and tied to that sim's personality
      • Basics of every EP in the game. For example, the main game has cats and dogs. But the expansion would add other animals. Base game has rain and snow, but the expansion can add major natural events (volcano spill, flooding etc)
      • Excellent CAS system (I think S4 has the best of the 3)
      • Coveted build mode options,objects, and npcs (Spiral stairs, curved roofs, heart bed, genie, tragic clown, crumplebottom etc)
      • Plenty of detailed animations like the sims 2
      • Maxis humor and consequences like in ts1
      • Open neighborhoods, not worlds. For me in open world when I visit a lot it's never populated enough. With neighborhoods I think it's a good balance. Loading screens do not bother me.
      • The ability to take photos and create an album in game with an option to write, like in TS2. You could edit your photos in game and upload your stories to the site directly through the game.
      • Can create your own neighboorhoods, community lots, etc can set down your own plots of land like TS2
      • The toggle system for some aspects of the game like TS3
      Basically the beauty of TS4, the customization of TS3, the depth of TS2, and the charm and difficulty of TS1

DUZcde6XkAA0kss.jpg

That line sums it up for me right there what I'd like to see in TS5.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • R0bertaR0berta Posts: 8 New Member
    -Open neighborhoods
    -Attraction system
    -An option to have more than one type of venue in one community lot
    -And more types of community lots
    -Trait system with more depth
    -More job options, including actual jobs that we see in the game like bartender at an actual bar, or working on a vending stall
    -Being able to buy multiple houses
    -Have vacation worlds that worked like sims 2 or 3
    -Have the ability to completely change a word, or building one from scratch
    -More complex relationships
    -More stuff for babys, toddlers, kids and teenagers to do
    -Sims 5 should come with the seasons, but not necessarily any weather conditions. This could be added in a game pack later.
    -Apartments like sims 2
    -Maybe small pets included;cats, dogs and horses could be added in a game pack
    -Sickness
    -Better and more complex emotions
    -Private schools

Thats all I can remember now :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2020
    No TS5, The Sims 4 is already my ideal.

If some features from The Sims 2 could be added it would be perfect.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    -Open neighborhoods like 3, but all connected like 4. Option to designate worlds as home or destination.
    -More extensive family relationships, including step-families. More focus on relationships.
    -Customization in CAS & build/buy
    -Make pets playable when we get them
    -For homework children & teens should have to do something that builds skill, like make a painting or work out or even upgrade a sink, no more scribbling in a notebook, that's a waste of time.
    -More options to turn off unwanted interactions.
    -Cemeteries
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    - Semi-open world like Sims 4
    - No travel times (Sims 4 style)
    - Ideally no time passing on community lots either (Sims 2 style)
    - Days and Seasons passing as in Sims 2 (per household, not per world)
    - No story progression at all
    - More than two flavors of free will (Full, medium, only in emergencies, none at all, zombie) and toggleable per sim
    - Maybe no multitasking again, except if it's vastly improved
    - Sims 4 CAS plus Sims 3 Create a Style
    - Layerd clothing. At the very least a t-shirt that is visible under a jacket should be available as a t-shirt in CAS.
    - Fully customizeable apartments system as in Sims 2
    - Home schooling
    - Custom townies and npcs with an option to generate them randomly
    - More everyday jobs, but also registering as self employed in basegame
    - Chores (laundry, lawnmowing, car washing, floor sweeping, window cleaning, all dependent on the gameplay object being present or not)
    - Swimable bodies of water from the start
    - Toggles for economical situation (chance of burglaries, street violence, job shortage, free basic foods, etc.)

tl;dr Sims 2 with a mix of Sims 3's and 4's CAS and swimmable lakes/rivers
  • simskicosimskico Posts: 41 Member
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > No TS5, The Sims 4 is already my ideal.
    >
    > If some features from The Sims 2 could be added it would be perfect.

Yeah, I do like TS4, but for me it would be to combine Sims 4 and 2. Let's just say there are some cool features I miss from TS2!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims with better personality, memory system and gallery would be essencial for me.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2020
    (Warning: this is going to be very long :/ Please excuse typos and such.)

My ideal Sims 5 game would take the best features from the series and expand on them. It's a long list. But, IMO, it's not unreasonable.
    • I would like open worlds (or, at the very least, open neighborhoods of no less than ten lots).
    • I would like to see CAS and build modes as robust as TS4's along with the CFE cheat from TS2 and TS3 and terrain manipulation as base game features.
    • The developers need to leave some of the world-building to the players. In other words, official worlds should be generic enough that players can turn them into anything that they desire. That includes providing the option to customize areas that are off lot! I want the devs to go easy on all of those backgrounds and fake buildings that serve no purpose. In fact, don't use them at all unless the background is way off in the distance, as in TS3. If the team has to create fake buildings the buildings should serve a purpose other than as aesthetic fillers.
    • While designing the game, the engineers/devs should make plans for an eventual CAW and player-created worlds. Players don't have the same budget and technical constraints as the design team has. So allow the talented creators in the community to do what they do best!
    • The game needs more than one urban world. IRL, many people in the world live in cities. Not everyone can identify with TS4's version of idyllic suburban bliss. Which brings me to: the game should allow players to customize lot sizes and location. As well, lots should be allowed to touch so that players can create row houses and storefronts.
    • Along the same vein, players should be allowed to build to the edge of lots again -- walls, and fences.
    • All worlds should be residential with the option to temporarily rent a lot or to stay in a hotel. Second homes would be awesome, too.
    • Hopefully, TS5 will have worlds that are representative of a broader swath of countries and cultures.
    • TS5 shouldn't tell players how to build venues. Allow the players to choose what they want on a lot, not the game engine. Allow Sims to use objects based on traits, not the type of venue.
    • Players should be allowed to build apartments and to see immediate neighbors without a loading screen.
    • I would love, love, LOVE to see neighbors do all kinds of things. Children should be outside playing tag, hopscotch, tossing frisbees, etc. If there's a clothesline in the yard, I'd like to see the neighbors putting the clothes out or taking them down, that sort of thing. It's time to move beyond neighbors who simply walk past the house.
    • There needs to be consistency in the game. All Sims need schedules. Children who aren't in school during school hours should be treated as truants who need to evade adults. And they certainly don't belong up in the club. If my Sim is speaking to someone on the phone, the other Sim should be on the phone, too.
    • I need customization for CAS items such as hair and skin tone. Furnishings should have separate swatches for the upholstered parts.
    • CAS should allow for more relationships such as in-laws and stepchildren/parents. Extended and blended families are commonplace. That should be reflected in the game.
    • I would love TS2's personality system, including wants/fears and favorites in the base game.
    • It's time to have an attraction system in the base game.
    • There should be more housekeeping chores because the maid in TS4 is practically useless and slobs need more ways to illustrate their sloppiness. Belching and farting don't do it for me.
    • There should be cloudy and rainy days in the base game.
    • Every single life stage should be represented and fully fleshed out from the beginning. It should be entertaining to play every life stage from toddler to senior. If TS2 could do it, every game in the series should be designed to provide the same.
    • There needs to be more recognition of family connections, including a tag that allows the player to see all members of an extended family at once. If we can see all of our Sims' friends, we should be able to see family members as well and for the Sims to acknowledge them as family. I haven't seen this feature since TS2, however, it was integral to my kind of gameplay.
    • I would like to see an optional story progression that keeps NPCs from aging and dying off with no offspring to replace them.
    • I would also like to see options to turn off occults in specific saves. I would like to see more options as a whole.
    • No culling!
    • On a related note, stop bloating the world with game-created NPCs. Allow players to assign roles such as mailperson, maids, babysitters, to existing NPCs and player-created Sims.
    • At this point in technological advancement, more than eight family members should be allowed in a household and pets should not be included in that number.
    • If there are traits, they should be meaningful, affecting behavior, interactions, and relationships.
    • Transportation should be in the base game, public and private, for all ages. Cars, motorcycles, bikes, tricycles, push toys for toddlers, strollers, and wagons to bring along the kiddies. I would like to see it all.
    • It's also time for an optional summer vacation for the kids and more playground equipment. The stuff that came with TS4 is wholly inadequate. Bigger doesn't mean better.
    • Speaking of bigger, I would like the designers to stop creating unnecessarily large objects. Never do it again. Please!
    • I would love to see more arcade machines so that players can build arcades for teens and YAs. I would like to see more activities for teens, period. Lan parties, Sims versions of D&D sessions, board games, card games, skateboarding, etc. Trading cards would be cool.
    • I would like to see more pool activities. Pools are useful for more than swimming. There can be pool games, pool toys, floats, slides, even water aerobics for the health-conscious. I'd like to see diving boards make a comeback. As well, it would be nice to see Sims diving or jumping into the pool from off the sides.
    • If the design team decides to pick a theme, I would like them to go all out like they used to. The devs/EA need to stop trying to stuff large themes into things like stuff packs.
    • I would like TS5 to be the end of the practice of squashing themes into packs that aren't big enough to do them justice. I would like TS5 to go back to great expansion packs that fleshed out a single theme and provided for years of replayability.
    • I would like cross-pack integration and compatibility to be a priority again.

That's the stuff off the top of my head. I'm sure that I could think of so much more. Yet, more than anything, I need TS5 to be an engrossing single-player experience that puts an emphasis on fun gameplay and player choice above everything else. Otherwise, the Sims series will come to an end for me. I would honestly hate such an incredible series to end on TS4, a game which, IMO, never lived up to the quality of its predecessors.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I think the game play of the sims 2, (I've heard great things about it) and the graphics of the sims 4 (but with non CC sims 3-like hair).
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I mainly want incredibly in depth personalities/relationships and an extremely dynamic experience like how San Myshuno is but on an even grander scale. More festivals popping up in the neighbourhoods, sims setting up small events around the world that you can participate in like from the Island Living pack, beach parties, family fun days, barbecues, etc. but with more to do (the events from IL are pretty boring, if they had more to do like then I would pay more attention to them). I just want the environment to feel much more alive. Sims 4 kind of does this but separated in packs, I want these things to be universal.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    sims 2's depth, sims 3's open world and color wheel (i dont necessarily need create a style with all those patterns but a wheel would be nice), and sims 4's graphics and CAS stretch and pull mechanics since i despise sliders
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited February 2020
    • Mod Support
    • More features included in the base game
    • Packs and DLC expands the game and opens up new gameplay possibilities
    • Open World
    • A modern game engine that allows to render more sims at once and free up more memory.
    • More advanced animations that makes it easier for multiple sims to interact with the same object and with each other
    • World Editor
    • Roads with Cars and Buses
    • Story Progression with Options
    • Frequency Modifier (increasing it will cause abductions, vampire visits, party invites, random things to happen more often, decreasing it will cause it to happen less)
    • Content Configuration (Decide how much you want from a pack)
    • Population Configuration (Decide what type of sims the game can add and how the game should add sims to your game, which will give you options to create a world with loads of vampires for example, or let the game generate less sims and select them from downloaded or subscribed sims from the gallery instead)
    • Outfit list with 100-200 saved outfits that the player can add and remove, options to let the game select between them instead of generating new outfits for townies
    • Color Wheel
    • Height Sliders
    • Layered Clothing
    • More traits and complex personalities
    • More things in the game that will encourage the player to try out new things, could be lots or pre-made households that allows the player to try different stories for example.
    • Offline Mode
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited February 2020
    My ideal would be:
    Similar feel to Sims 4 (PG-rated, lots of happiness, no death in my game)
    Lots of little details like Sims 2
    More gameplay like Sims 3
    More realistic-looking Sims
    Color wheel
    Height sliders
    Layered clothing
    More traits and aspirations and careers, with traits and aspirations being very meaningful
    Single-player
    The ability to create worlds
    The ability to visit another player's world if you feel like it
    All game packs free (this is my ideal, not reality of course!)
    The ability to use mods
    Tons of animals: dogs, cats, horses, bunnies, fish, goats, llamas, etc., and all controllable
    Lots of crazy stuff like alien abductions and werepuppies
    More sense of humor overall, like earlier games
    Lots of bright colors and trees
    The ability to make a Sim with a chimpanzee head, a male chest, a female waist, a prosthetic leg, and another leg that shoots rainbows, for example, because why not!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Another thing I would like to see, is when a child get taken away, or the only adult in the household dies, they don't simply vanish. They can either be found in manage worlds, sent directly to their next of kin if they have one, or you could even be given the option to choose which household you'd like them to move in with. Same with pets. I wouldn't even mind seeing this get patched into the current game. There's no reason why the lost children shouldn't still be part of our story.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Sims 2, but it looks like 4. CAS and BB from Sims 4, replace the occults with the ones from S4, Bigger worlds from TS3, Fame system from TS4 and the diversity of TS4.
  • Dez_The_Foxy_SimmerDez_The_Foxy_Simmer Posts: 5 New Member
    I also believe cats and dogs should be in base, along with rain and snow, and sun. The pets could add horses, and mythical animals. Seasons could add holidays, the calendar, and like volcanos and stuff. I think the base game should be realistic stuff, and the expansions should be adding mythical stuff, stuff that doesn’t exist in real life. They should also add a kid-friendly mode, like if you have little siblings that your parents make you let them play. I think kids that are taken away by social services should be adoptable, and you should be able to put kids up for adoption, and foster kids (Obviously you can’t adopt the kids you neglected). And last I definitely think preteens and preschoolers are a must.
  • Dez_The_Foxy_SimmerDez_The_Foxy_Simmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Cynna, I believe there are trading cards in the sims 4 kids room stuff. Also, sorry if I didn’t tag correctly, I’m brand new to forums in general.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2020
    Cynna, I believe there are trading cards in the sims 4 kids room stuff. Also, sorry if I didn’t tag correctly, I’m brand new to forums in general.

Hey, welcome! :)

Yes, there are Voidcritters in the game. I like the idea, that's why I mentioned it. Only, I would like any age group to be able to participate. In TS4, only children can actually play the game.

Edited to add: if you want to tag a person, just put an @ symbol in front of their name. That'll do it.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg