Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

Comments

• Options
    aprilr41aprilr41 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    I paid for all the original disks when they came out, then I paid to have them all in Complete Collection. I would yes, most definitely, pay again to have it optimized for Windows 10. :)
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes, for free though, it's pretty old.
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Oh, did I mention yes?

Yes.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    XnexusnyxXXnexusnyxX Posts: 4 New Member
    EA doesn't deserve any money for Sims 1 since they've refused to give it to us this long. And we all know it isn't because they can't make a good digital port of it. There are many sites with flawless digital ports of it, so if they can do it, then EA could definitely do it better. I would have been willing to buy Sims 1, and Sims 2, from Origins years ago had EA not completely forgotten about where they came from and the small community they originally had.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I might pay money for a remaster of the Sims 1 on origin, and while twenty to thirty dollars might seem like a bit much to some people, if its the entire game, all in one package, that would seem pretty reasonable to me
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    There is absolutely no reason why The Sims 1 and 2 Ultimate Collection are not on Origin other than EA wanting to force you to buy their newest Sims games. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed 3 in the future. But they should all be on there!

I'm over TS1, but I would buy TS2 UC in a heartbeat even though I already have TS2 installed via CD/DVD.
  • Options
    simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I'd buy, or get it for free either way.
  • Options
    1212play1212play Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I love Hot Date, Unleashed and Makin Magic. microsoft has abandoned windows XP and 7 so a Full version that plays windows 10 would be Awesome. I'd like it if they add the first pre- quest to unlock everything for old time sake as an option.
  • Options
    Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    I still have my hard copies which I had to rebuy when I'd FOOLISHLY allowed my parents persuade me to do a possessions cull! I would love to have a digital copy, as my new pc doesn't have a disk drive.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • Options
    VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    They should make a promotional code like they did with Sims 2.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • Options
    RetroidRetroid Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I still own the big box version lol but maybe depending how well it worked and had all dlc etc..
  • Options
    simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    For free, just like the sims 2 ultimate collection.
  • Options
    RenegadeKittyRenegadeKitty Posts: 1 New Member
    I would maybe pay $5 max if it's optimized for Windows 10. But I would prefer it be free because I paid for the entire game and actually still have all the boxes and CDs with codes, so I would definitely not want to pay again for something I still have.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Just make Sims 5 where you integrate all the stuff from sims 1 to 4.
    Maybe as long as Origin doesn't totally screw it up and update it for modern computers.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Am I the only one who would pay 40 dollars voor the whole game :')
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    If they take the time to edit the code so that this game runs on windows 10, then I would pay $30+ for it. I'd love the chance to play the original sims, I never got to play it before. I started with Sims 2.

I don't even wish for them to update the game or anything. Just slightly edit it so that windows 10 can run it, and let me play the original experience~
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I bought a cd drive just for the Sims. I still play it. However, I would pay for a remastered version on origin. I have all the discs, but not necessarily the promo items, etc. If I could get a new version that had all the extra programs (like the create a star or whatever it was called, and the ability to make new outfits/hair/etc) in a launcher that would be great.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I already own the complete collection of Sims 1, but installing it on newer computers can be a massive headache! lol But, also wouldn't wanna pay for it all again (even if it's relatively cheap). I wish they would release a "Sims: Ultimate Collection" (like they did with Sims 2) and give it to us for free!

We need a compatible version of Sims 1 for newer computers, but paying for it is a bit too far... because of how dated the game actually is.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Yes and I'd pay assuming it was a complete collection type of thing like the sims 2 one I have on origin.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    20 or 30 seems a bit much considering it's age, however, I do appreciate they'd need to make it compatible with Win10.

I'd pay for this. And TS2 too.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Just make Sims 5 where you integrate all the stuff from sims 1 to 4.
    no just focus on the sims5 and add the content and sims from sims1 sims2 sims3 and sims4 to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would also pay for a Win10 compatible version of TS2.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Provided; it contains all content released for the game; and is fully optimized for today's PCs; including resolution.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    If sims 1 is re-released on origin, I believe it should be in its original format, except for necessary changes for compatibility.
  • Options
    DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I would give my left tiddy to be able to play it again. THE NOSTALGIA
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    Noo... i didn't play it THAT much honestly, i fell in love with TS2 and that's definitely my fave, watching TS3 Gameplay it's clear the graphics on that was downgraded to TS1s a lot and heavily inspired by it including 99% of the sounds being recycled from it a few from TS2 but i like the clearer graphics from TS2 which i think is one of the reasons i like TS4 but i literally can't handle the TS1s game sounds it just sounds very artificial and unnatural i could when i was younger but now being an Adult by brain it won't give it a break LOL i can tell, it's a game better for kids. Can't stand the Needs going down so fast too it's almost unfair i fix the others but can never keep up with their Bladder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top