Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2020

Time once again to speculate on the Next Patch for The Sims 4. I feel like that this patch will be big cause I think it will be a Pre Gamepack Patch and add stuff to the base game but I could be wrong. We're way overdue for a Gamepack and with Gamepacks and Expansions usually come big patches that add stuff to the base game as well as fixing tons of bugs.

Another possibility is a big update like cars or updated babies. Also remember the toddler patch came out 2 weeks before Vampires.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It seems like it's been forever since the last patch. I guess that's cause it was so early in the month.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    This silence feels rather intense right now
    so I am really hoping they got awesome things in their sleeves and that is why
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Not a TS4 thing but I'm waiting for the promised MacOS Catalina compatible TS3 version.

As for TS4, I'm just expecting bug fixes and generally a small patch this time.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2020
    Time once again to speculate on the Next Patch for The Sims 4. I feel like that this patch will be big cause I think it will be a Pre Gamepack Patch and add stuff to the base game but I could be wrong. We're way overdue for a Gamepack and with Gamepacks and Expansions usually come big patches that add stuff to the base game as well as fixing tons of bugs.

Another possibility is a big update like cars or updated babies. Also remember the toddler patch came out 2 weeks before Vampires.

I hope so much we get updated babies or preteens! I would be so happy with both.

But knowing TS4, it will be something weird like Big Brother GamePack with patched in characters or something like that no one ever asked for.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Whatever it is, I hope that the update has an element of gameplay involved. Maybe some new interactions or a new item. But I'm keeping my expectations at bay, and with no news or hints anywhere to be seen it really is anyone's guess as to what we might receive.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Fixes for restaurants and actor career and I will be happy.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Bug fixes.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hopefully bug fixes especially for dine out it's such a buggy pack which really needs sorting out. The only patch things I really want is favourite food, music etc, zodiac signs and I would love the pond tool re-introduced. Anything else for me would be a bonus addition to the game.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If we get a March patch, I hope it's gameplay related and not a recolor/minimally edited version of CAS or BB that we already have.
    If we get a March patch, I hope it's gameplay related and not a recolor/minimally edited version of CAS or BB that we already have.

This.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'm going to hope that the February patch was so small because something didn't get finished in time - something big(ish) in addition to bug fixes. And by the March patch they'll have it done.

As for what... I have no interest in truly free babies, but babies that can be moved between objects (changing table, bathing tub, playpen and bouncy chair) and have different onsies would be good. Or cars, even if just as something for parent and teen to work on together and they're otherwise decorative. Hail Mary is Spiral stairs and ladders - or bunk and loft beds. Holy Grail (for me) would be color wheel, if just to get more stuff to match/work together. Or if that's not possible, being able to add swatches without having to go through Sims4Studio (nothing wrong with it. Just looking for a simpler pipeline.)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes. The game is so hard to enjoy sometimes because of how broken it is.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Nothing but bug fixes at this point. I'm tempering my expectations.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    [quote="DaWaterRat;c-17416698"]I'm going to hope that the February patch was so small because something didn't get finished in time - something big(ish) in addition to bug fixes. And by the March patch they'll have it done.

As for what... I have no interest in truly free babies, but babies that can be moved between objects (changing table, bathing tub, playpen and bouncy chair) and have different onsies would be good. Or cars, even if just as something for parent and teen to work on together and they're otherwise decorative. Hail Mary is Spiral stairs and ladders - or bunk and loft beds. Holy Grail (for me) would be color wheel, if just to get more stuff to match/work together. Or if that's not possible, being able to add swatches without having to go through Sims4Studio (nothing wrong with it. Just looking for a simpler pipeline.)[/quote]

I sincerely hope the February patch was so small because of a delay in development of smthg bigger and that the hot tub was a last minute replacement in order to give smthg for the 20th birthday. At least it would make more sense...

I have a pretty similar wishlist: all I need for babies is a changing table and to be able to feed them sitting in an armchair or a rocking chair (strollers are probably pushing it), and I'll be happy with TS2 cars gameplay (a little mechanics and driveway animation). Unfortunately I see bunk beds, spiral stairs and ladders coming in packs not in a free update, but we never know!
    As color wheels are unlikely as they would change the whole creation mechanism, just add a bunch of new hair colors swatches at least!
    And some bug fixes too of course!

I think those are pretty reasonable.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nah, I'm done speculating/hoping. I think it is better to just wait until they show something.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it'll be a big one, considering february's was too small and there are a lot of bugs to fix. Also, if a gp is coming, it will have to prepare for it. I wish!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm going to hope that the February patch was so small because something didn't get finished in time - something big(ish) in addition to bug fixes. And by the March patch they'll have it done.

As for what... I have no interest in truly free babies, but babies that can be moved between objects (changing table, bathing tub, playpen and bouncy chair) and have different onsies would be good. Or cars, even if just as something for parent and teen to work on together and they're otherwise decorative. Hail Mary is Spiral stairs and ladders - or bunk and loft beds. Holy Grail (for me) would be color wheel, if just to get more stuff to match/work together. Or if that's not possible, being able to add swatches without having to go through Sims4Studio (nothing wrong with it. Just looking for a simpler pipeline.)

I sincerely hope the February patch was so small because of a delay in development of smthg bigger and that the hot tub was a last minute replacement in order to give smthg for the 20th birthday. At least it would make more sense...

I have a pretty similar wishlist: all I need for babies is a changing table and to be able to feed them sitting in an armchair or a rocking chair (strollers are probably pushing it), and I'll be happy with TS2 cars gameplay (a little mechanics and driveway animation). Unfortunately I see bunk beds, spiral stairs and ladders coming in packs not in a free update, but we never know!
    As color wheels are unlikely as they would change the whole creation mechanism, just add a bunch of new hair colors swatches at least!

Nah; I would be really disappointed if they gave us babies that can be moved between objects... I mean, yeah, better than them being confined to one crib, but come on... I really want those Freeplay babies that can learn how to crawl, play with toys, show some genetics, have CAS... I'd love that.

A compromise between the 2 wishes could be that the baby stage we have now would be the Newborn stage in which the baby can only be moved between different objects and wear different onsies. And then there is the "baby" stage to which they grow up (stage between newborn and toddler) and they work like in TS Freeplay. :)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    on console there has been a gamebreaking bug since we got the gallery (Errorcode 22, unable to save), so I'd rather they fix that before anything else...no use in new stuff, free or not, if people can't even play.

besides that, other (minor) bug fixes please, like my sims still don't know how to hold the laundrybag...not a gamebreaker but come on.
    also curious about any new packs coming up.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    on console there has been a gamebreaking bug since we got the gallery (Errorcode 22, unable to save), so I'd rather they fix that before anything else...no use in new stuff, free or not, if people can't even play.

besides that, other (minor) bug fixes please, like my sims still don't know how to hold the laundrybag...not a gamebreaker but come on.
    also curious about any new packs coming up.

Really? I didnt know about error 22 but I doubt an update for console will come the same day as PC.
  • SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    I'd be happy with bug fixes. Like others, I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. Free babies would be a dream but I doubt we'll see it. Probably a few small items will be slipped into the patch. Anything more than one or two freebies and I'll be over the moon.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    edited February 2020
    I really think the silence has to do with them wanting to bridge the gap between pc/mac releases and console releases so that they are released simultaneously because of the shared gallery. The release dates have been getting closer and closer together, and i would bet that they are holding back a little to try and get them to be the same day now.

That being said, I really want some nice bug fixes along with what is hopefully a game pack readying patch =]
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Nah; I would be really disappointed if they gave us babies that can be moved between objects... I mean, yeah, better than them being confined to one crib, but come on... I really want those Freeplay babies that can learn how to crawl, play with toys, show some genetics, have CAS... I'd love that.

A compromise between the 2 wishes could be that the baby stage we have now would be the Newborn stage in which the baby can only be moved between different objects and wear different onsies. And then there is the "baby" stage to which they grow up (stage between newborn and toddler) and they work like in TS Freeplay. :)

We get free babies (either in place of what we currently have or as a new life stage) and I'm skipping to toddlers immediately every time. I went through that once in real life and have zero interest in replaying it over and over and over again in my gaming life.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Really? I didnt know about error 22 but I doubt an update for console will come the same day as PC.

Lucky you, my main game became unplayable cause of that error and has been sitting there untouched waiting for the fix, I had to make a whole new game under a new account and thankfully it works fine but I am always anxious when saving afraid of that error happening again.
    Anyway, regardless of when the next patch comes to consoles, I'd still want it fixed ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat