Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any past packs you would be happy if they recreated almost exactly for newer games?

13...Next

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Generations, World Adventures, Hot Date...
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Probably hot date from sims 1 to add more romance into the game that plus the underwear in cas and more flirty clothes and gameplay from the sims 3 pack that had the city I can’t remember what it was called nightlife I think a combination of those 2 would be nice. Now I think of it maybe the sims 3 one I’m talking about was the sims 3 version of hot date but they need those sort of packs in 4 to spice up romance plus the heart shaped bed is missing
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Some suggestions...

◼️ Tweak and expand Realm of Magic to have more similar elements to Makin' Magic.
    > Add Bonehilda.
    > Snake charming.
    > Possibly reintroduce magical allignments and affect the Sim. Much like the concept from TS2:AL.

◼️ Generations x Ambitions x Open For Business EP (Combined)
    > Imaginary Friend occult.
    > Free patch to reintroduce Firefighters & Burglars.

◼️ The Sims 4: Destinations EP?
    > Tropical Island vacation / Far East vacation / Snowy mountain lodge vacation / Rustic Medieval, Roman destination
    > Learn different cultures and ethics.
    > Reintroduce Memories in a free patch.
    > Purchase & run hotels.
    > Purchase vacation homes.

◼️ Livin' Large x FreeTime x Hot Date EP (Combined)
    > New Lifestate: Genie & Faerie
    > Pool table?
    > Golf Range

◼️ Free Supernatural Lifestate patch for owners of specific DLC:
    > Werewolves for Cats & Dogs
    > Mummy for Jungle Adventure
    > Zombies for StrangerVille
    > Permanent PlantSim lifestate for Seasons.

◼️ Get Famous patch
    > Talent shows and festivals. (Magician, Singing, Live Band)
    > New careers: Singer, Acrobat, Magician.
    > New career branch for Entertainer: Band Manager.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Probably hot date from sims 1 to add more romance into the game that plus the underwear in cas and more flirty clothes and gameplay from the sims 3 pack that had the city I can’t remember what it was called nightlife I think a combination of those 2 would be nice. Now I think of it maybe the sims 3 one I’m talking about was the sims 3 version of hot date but they need those sort of packs in 4 to spice up romance plus the heart shaped bed is missing

Definitely, the romance system is VERY lacking in The Sims 4. A Hot Date type pack would be great.
    Hestia wrote: »
    Some suggestions...

◼️ Tweak and expand Realm of Magic to have more similar elements to Makin' Magic.
    > Add Bonehilda.
    > Snake charming.
    > Possibly reintroduce magical allignments and affect the Sim. Much like the concept from TS2:AL.

◼️ Generations x Ambitions x Open For Business EP (Combined)
    > Imaginary Friend occult.
    > Free patch to reintroduce Firefighters & Burglars.

◼️ The Sims 4: Destinations EP?
    > Tropical Island vacation / Far East vacation / Snowy mountain lodge vacation / Rustic Medieval, Roman destination
    > Learn different cultures and ethics.
    > Reintroduce Memories in a free patch.
    > Purchase & run hotels.
    > Purchase vacation homes.

◼️ Livin' Large x FreeTime x Hot Date EP (Combined)
    > New Lifestate: Genie & Faerie
    > Pool table?
    > Golf Range

◼️ Free Supernatural Lifestate patch for owners of specific DLC:
    > Werewolves for Cats & Dogs
    > Mummy for Jungle Adventure
    > Zombies for StrangerVille
    > Permanent PlantSim lifestate for Seasons.

◼️ Get Famous patch
    > Talent shows and festivals. (Magician, Singing, Live Band)
    > New careers: Singer, Acrobat, Magician.
    > New career branch for Entertainer: Band Manager.

Hopefully with the survey they've done recently some of these changes might actually happen!
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Generations
    World Adventures
    Free Time
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sims 1 superstar. Get Famous was totally missing modeling and rock star. I have no idea why it was not included even though I do enjoy the acting career a lot.

Hot Date. Yes we have the dining aspect but we need an attraction system, surprise proposals and for the love of God fix dancing so the sims are actually dancing with each other FACE TO FACE and slow dancing would be nice. Romance needs work in this game.

Open for Business. The retail in Get to work is a joke. It needs to be revamped completely in my opinion.
    edited February 2020
    https://youtu.be/R5YfIYufX4w

The English Simmer has answered this (sort of) in her most recent video. I found it very interesting to watch because she gives her reasoning with each pack.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Freetime from Sims 2
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    World Adventures, but leave out the visa system & just let our sims explore on their own.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with Free Time, World Adventures, Hot Date and Generations.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    MasterSuite, World Adventure, Moonlight Falls & Roaring Heights.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Night life, from the Sims 2, I love that pack the most. I liked Uni in ts2, but not the others. So if they were to do it that way again, I'd like that as well.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Sims 3 Generations. Sims 4 is so shallow and Generations would be a step in the right direction.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Generations, World Adventures, and Free Time's concept but with a broader variety of fleshed out skills and hobbies.
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Generations and ambitions! I loved those in Sims 3. It added in a lot of gameplay.

Also Supernatural because I’m that type of person.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2020
    hot dates
    freetime
    showtime
    generations
    ambitions
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sims 1:
    • Makin' Magic - I agree with everyone that this was the best magic EP! Lots of fun spells and loved the gadgets. It also had baking where you need to put in specific ingredients that you purchased or grew in your garden - different from cooking meals. I also loved the worlds it came with! I liked that it had ways to make money for sims who stay at home. So while one spouse is working a regular career off-screen, I like to have another sim stay at home to do stuff (it gets boring if both have off-screen careers and I have to wait for the time to fast forward) and make money. Makin' Magic added the ability to make wine, butter, tend bees for wax and honey, and you can sell the stuff you make from them.
    • Superstar - I loved all the careers because they were all active! I also loved the neighborhoods - there was just so much to do in them and lots of other sims to interact with. I had often wished that my sims can actually live in those places rather than just visit!
    • Hot Date - The places to go for dates were great! I also loved building my own shops and restaurants - a great predecessor to TS2's Open For Business and Night Life. I also loved the romantic interactions.

Sim 2:
    • Open For Business - I loved that you can practically sell anything and there were so many kinds of things you can sell - not only from the build/buy catalog, but things you made yourself as well! I love the details of selling - I liked that you had a salesperson schmoozing the customers, a stockperson to refill any empty inventory, and a cashier to make the transactions. I also loved that customers got into line to pay for their purchases. I also liked that you can train one of your employees to become manager so that when you move on from that store to start another one, you've got someone to run it for you. The only thing I didn't like is that employees had to be micromanaged - you had to make sure that they got breaks and I felt that their leveling up in their specialty took too long. If Open For Business would be brought over to TS4, then I would do away with this part of the gameplay because I find it to be tedious. TS3's version of Open For Business was too over-simplified (although mods fixed its shortcomings), but I really appreciated that they removed the micromanaging of employees. This EP also had my most favorite world which is actually the game's shopping district called Bluewater Village. This world is where most of my sims live. It has a beach, so when Bon Voyage was released, I built a beach house for one of my families and also a beach resort for those times when one of my sim families wanted to get away for a little holiday but not have to go off-world.
    • Bon Voyage - This is the predecessor of both World Adventures and Island Paradise. You can visit three worlds/environments and each had some adventure goals if you want to pursue them. This also had a great hotel system that made building and setting up your hotel very easy! I liked the skills you can learn such as massage or fire dancing. Loved the characters too, especially the ninja and loved that you can become one too!
    • Nightlife - This had so many wonderful community lots! So many different kinds of restaurants, clubs, shopping, and parks. Building your own community lots was easy too. Nothing is broken like it is in TS4.
    • Seasons - The weather system was great. I was totally in awe of the snow depth and how you can make snow angels. Loved the cute penguin! Gardening was also fun, but I felt that it got too tedious (TS3 fixed that in its iteration though). The seasons just made the worlds feel more alive and real somehow. I especially loved the fall season with the changing of the leaves.
    • Apartment Life - This had the best apartment system so far. Very easy to set up apartments - if you wanted to build your own, it was as simple as a cheat code - not difficult at all. I would lay down the largest lot possible and set up a mini-village within that lot, stuffing as many sims into it as my poor CPU can handle, lol! It really was so much fun! To me, this EP was the predecessor of TS3's open world and kind of prepared me for that mindset.

Sims 3:
    I love all the EPs actually - even the ones that I don't love as much as the other EPs. Every EP has something in it that I love and find useful. But I do have favorites and I'll list those.
    • Ambitions - I love all the active careers it has, especially the firefighter career and having to rescue people from burning buildings. My favorite world for that career is Riverview. I like doing the detective career for my vampire sim in Bridgeport just to give his story a "gothic-noire" spin to it! Ghost-busting is an active career I love to do in Twinbrook especially with it bayous. The EP has a consignment shop which is an oversimplified version of TS2's Open For Business, but I have to admit, not having to tend to those things that were in TS2 DID free up time for my sims to do other stuff and I think that was why the devs did it this way. I also totally love the self-employment careers it has which allows sims to make money from the skills they level up - also great because the sims are not tied to a schedule like other careers.
    • World Adventures - I love this EP so much! It brought three whole worlds, each vastly different from each other, with their own food, culture, books, food, relics, special skills, etc. It's just massive and has so much to do. The special skill that each world offers have depth: China offers kung-fu (when you get better you can start challenging other kung fu sims in competition); France offers wine making which can be sold for lots of simoleons with the right combination of ingredients; and Egypt offers photography which is fun and profitable when you learn what you should or shouldn't take pictures of. Then there's the exploring to be had and discovering hidden caves and rooms and gathering relics for your museum back home or for selling in your own shop. It's just really so much fun with so much to do. As a matter of fact, you might even feel overwhelmed with all the things you can do in this EP, especially the special skills. So for me, I have my active sim visit and explore all the three worlds it has, but pick ONE special skill for them to work on - either martial arts OR wine making OR photography. I've tried having one sim do all three, but the sim can only do so much in his/her lifetime!
    • Island Paradise - Hands down this is my most favorite EP of all time. Isla Paradiso is so beautiful! It was very laggy when I first played it, but I had so fallen in love with that world that I didn't want to give up on it. I looked up how to fix the lagginess and it DID take some time to fix those glitches and learn how to optimize not only the map, but my computer. In the end though, it was all worth it. I play that world with no lag and I just love having my sims be self-employed scuba divers that happen to have bought a run down hotel for no money (or I like to pretend they inherited it from Uncle Jim, lol!). It's a lot of fun. The four scuba diving lots are varied and you can also add more diving lots if you are so inclined. As a matter of fact, with this EP loaded, you can add and create diving lots to most other worlds. It also has a hotel/resort system. It's not as easy as TS2's hotel system, but I do like that it has a star-rating system to help you know how you can improve the hotel to the guests' liking. It also has eight hidden islands with eight different ways to discover them. The islands themselves are plain, but you can also create your own hidden islands and make them as interesting as you want - like placing a hidden tomb maze to explore (with World Adventures loaded). There's also lots of water activities - waterskiing, windsurfing, boating, snorkeling - and beach activities.
    • Supernatural - I love that this has so many different occult types all in one EP and to me is the best one out all the iterations for variety of occult types. When this EP is loaded, and the full moon comes out at night when most of the occults are at their most potent and there is that green tinge in the air, I have to admit I feel a sense of exhiliration or anticipation - either way, my adrenaline goes up, lol! The occult types are fun with the special powers and/or abilities they have - you can create stories that you can't with mundane sims or make plain stories more interesting with an occult twist to them. This EP also has my favorite wicker furniture!
    • The Rest - All the other EPs would be great to add to TS4 or newer iterations as well. Each one has things in them that I love and find useful. It's just that I'm getting tired of writing. Plus writing about TS3 makes me want to go and play it. It's a little late right now, but I'm probably going to play TS3 soon....