Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has "family play" fallen back to the wayside? (Now with New OP)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm definitely a quality over quantity person when it comes to life stages. I'd rather each one truly feel differentiated and unique from the last. The Sims 3 did a wonderful job at fleshing out each life stage, with special interactions such as teens learning to drive. The pre-teen life stage could work well in The Sims, but I think they'll really need to brainstorm ways to make sure it belongs as its own life stage; making it play vastly different from a child/teen.

I don't believe we got either quality or quantity when it came to The Sims 4. In fact, it was a disaster. Telling us to expect all life stages before telling us, "things change" when it was suddenly revealed that wasn't the case. We shouldn't have had to wait years on end for a life stage in what is supposed to be a life simulator. All life stages we've had in the past and rich life sim gameplay should be priority above all else, period.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm definitely a quality over quantity person when it comes to life stages. I'd rather each one truly feel differentiated and unique from the last. The Sims 3 did a wonderful job at fleshing out each life stage, with special interactions such as teens learning to drive. The pre-teen life stage could work well in The Sims, but I think they'll really need to brainstorm ways to make sure it belongs as its own life stage; making it play vastly different from a child/teen.

I don't believe we got either quality or quantity when it came to The Sims 4. In fact, it was a disaster. Telling us to expect all life stages before telling us, "things change" when it was suddenly revealed that wasn't the case. We shouldn't have had to wait years on end for a life stage in what is supposed to be a life simulator. All life stages we've had in the past and rich life sim gameplay should be priority above all else, period.

I agree with you.