Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should define base game content in the next title?

2...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The sims themselves being the main focus.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This is what I think should be in the base game:

All life stages as well as new ones (Pre teens)
    Pets or at least dogs and cats with other animals being able to be added in later EPs (such as a farm EP)
    NPs such as police, fire, maid, gardener, mail, newspaper, burglar ect
    Cars that you can drive (and open & close the door ect)
    Busy community lots
    A built in world creator/ editor
    Weather even if basic (such as rain) with other weather to come in other EPs
    Proper build mode like TS3
    Graveyards
    Doorbells (!)
    OFFLINE!

Feel free to add :smile:

I agree with all of this. Each iteration should build on the next. TS4 made a huge mistake being unfinished at launch and reversing steps that TS3 took. Toddlers, ghosts, pools and basements missing at launch was exactly why I didn't jump all over TS4 when it launched. First time for me since TS1 that I didn't just jump right into the next series.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    Some things that I wish for:
    • Mod support.
    • Online/Offline mode.
    • Gallery.
    • Open World with roads and cars.
    • World Editor.
    • Color wheel for CAS and Build/Buy Mode.
    • Height slider for CAS.
    • More community lots included in the base game.
    • More objects that multiple sims can use.
    • More configuration options. See the spoiler for details.
      Event Meter, increasing it will cause random autonomy and events to happen more often, (abductions, party invites, sims doing random things etc.) decreasing it will cause things to happen less, this can be done by Maxis adding a frequency modifier in the tuning files.
      Story Progression configuration: Decide what should happen in your world (marriages, pregnancies etc.), option to turn story progression off.
      Content configuration: Select how much you want from a pack included in your game, just the CAS assets for example.
      Population configuration: Decide if the game should generate more sims or add sims from the gallery to your world, decide what type of sims that should be included in your game. How many occults etc, so you could for example create a world with just vampires for example.
      Outfit configuration: Decide if the game should generate outfits or select from the player outfit list from CAS where they player can add and remove 100-200 saved outfits.
  • Stuffy71Stuffy71 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to see a separation of Traits and Personalities. Traits could stay pretty much as they are - for example Green Thumb, Foodie, Childish and so on. Personalities though, I'd be keen to see them defined perhaps along the lines of those Meyer-Briggs tests that pop up every so often. The completed test gives a grid of 16 different personalities, separating things like Introvert vs Extrovert, Logical vs Emotional etc. I'm not suggesting just copy the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator model, but something similar would be a great under the hood thing to play around with.

Here's a wikipedia link to the test and personality types mentioned above.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Stuffy71 wrote: »
    I'd like to see a separation of Traits and Personalities. Traits could stay pretty much as they are - for example Green Thumb, Foodie, Childish and so on. Personalities though, I'd be keen to see them defined perhaps along the lines of those Meyer-Briggs tests that pop up every so often. The completed test gives a grid of 16 different personalities, separating things like Introvert vs Extrovert, Logical vs Emotional etc. I'm not suggesting just copy the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator model, but something similar would be a great under the hood thing to play around with.

@Stuffy71 I've seen Meyer Briggs. There is also the big 5 personality traits. What you are proposing is not a bad idea. I would never want a return to the point system seen in Sims 2 when making a personality. I feel like this unfairly limits the personality you want to create.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Stuffy71 wrote: »

@Stuffy71 I've seen Meyer Briggs. There is also the big 5 personality traits. What you are proposing is not a bad idea. I would never want a return to the point system seen in Sims 2 when making a personality. I feel like this unfairly limits the personality you want to create.
    Yes, I'd like that point system for personalities and the traits system for talents.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    It has to be 100% open world. I play the game like the whole world is the sim's entire lot, having them visit as many of the lots as possible. It should also be flexible to allow for many different types of game genres and playing styles as possible like in TS3. Of course Create a World and CASt to make it as customizable as possible. Basically a combo of TS2 details and TS3 with what I just mentioned before. Oh yeah, also TS3's camera for gameplay and build mode for greatest viewing angles. There are other things, but these are the most important to me.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Any IRL essential/unavoidable feature (seasons etc.) needs to be in the base game. Optional ones (I'm pretty sure you can spend your whole life without pets or college) can be released via packs.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The sims themselves being the main focus.

That said, i have nothing to add.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2020
    This is what I think should be in the base game:

All life stages as well as new ones (Pre teens)
    Pets or at least dogs and cats with other animals being able to be added in later EPs (such as a farm EP)
    NPs such as police, fire, maid, gardener, mail, newspaper, burglar ect
    Cars that you can drive (and open & close the door ect)
    Busy community lots
    A built in world creator/ editor
    Weather even if basic (such as rain) with other weather to come in other EPs
    Proper build mode like TS3
    Graveyards
    Doorbells (!)

Not ONLINE
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Genetics!!!
  • JFolcik009JFolcik009 Posts: 44 Member
    Open world, 100% my vote.

Beyond that, I want to see more depth and some challenge and interactions at higher levels with careers. Each career (at higher levels) should be it's own little mini-game to master.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Bumping this to add, after thinking about this for awhile, I think there should be clear cut reasons of why Sims are attracted to other Sims in the next base game. This shouldn't have to be something people sit around and hope will happen one day in an EP or GP. Like TS4, still after six years doesn't even explain why one Sim prefers another Sim to the player. I want to know why, and I want to have control over that. I want them to make this a deep part of the next base game. It's past the time these sort of real consequences in real life matter in a life simulator and not punish players and make them wait for years to find out why Mary is turned off by Pat. Or why granny is still in love with grandpa. Or what is it about Bill that Billie or Billy loves. Is it the hair, or the smile or eyes and or the personality or the integrity or the evilness or what? See, that is a base game feature that should have never been over looked.

ETA: What I don't like about TS4 is the fact I can set out a mood emitter and viola any Sim will be happy to jump at the chance to be romantic with any other Sim in the room. Life doesn't work that way does it? I want there to be reasons why my Sim wants to get to know and likes another Sim. Not because I was pulling puppet strings and inducing some sort of aerosol into a room (emitting from paintings or TV shows and or crystals) and viola they all love anyone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I would like all build/buy and CAS stuff to be organized in a database so that everything can be organized under many categories. For example a lot can be categorized by lot size or by price or by type. So if I just want to look at lots that are only 40x30 (30x40 is a different lot size, by the way, because of its orientation) or look up lots that are 4,000 simoleons, or just the beach lots, etc. rather than to have to look through them all. It would also make CAS and build/buy mode load quicker too if you already have something specific in mind to look up.

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Basic everyday things (Cats and Dogs, and Seasons included), and full control of the game (toggles for everything from occults, to seasons, to celebrity systems, to a detailed story progression to play the game as rotational, SP focused or mixed).
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2020
    A custom content creation tool. At minimum, it should be like TS2's BodyShop: something that allows us to retexture existing items from the game. At maximum, it should have a mesh editor that's easy and intuitive for people who have never touched Blender or Maya before and a live paint tool for painting textures directly on CAS and Build/Buy items. It would be very useful for players who can never find CC that suits their specific stylistic needs because there aren't enough CC creators who share their tastes and will never see Maxis items that correspond to those styles because they aren't on-trend enough or don't have enough mass appeal for the company to invest in producing. Heck, if they made the more advanced tool, I wouldn't mind if they released it as a $10-$20 add-on and had the basic BodyShop-type retexturing tool be a package deal with the base game, but a color wheel is just not enough for me. Sims 4 Studio is good, but it's also annoying to maintain, requires at least a novice level of skill with 3D rendering software to do anything more advanced than a simple texture edit, and it's kind of annoying that I had to sign up for a separate forum to even gain access to the download. It's time for BodyShop 2.0 Ultra up in here!!

Next, just put magic (as a universally learnable skill with CAS traits that affect a sim's talent or lack thereof for it), vampires, werewolves, ghosts, aliens, and plantsims in the base game as well-fleshed-out features. Give on-off toggles for the wet blankets who don't want anything weird in their saves, but get these basic occults in the base game. Come up with some fresh occult themes to have in packs this time around, like a full-on zombie disaster pack for people who like that (I'm personally not a fan of zombies, but those who are deserve to have them done well), a fairy wonderland, a straigh-up undah-da-sea pack for merfolk and selkies (seal shifters), get some East Asian occults in there like fox shifters and oni and the like, maybe some nagas. Also, maybe lean a little more into some sci-fi weirdness with mutants and genetic engineering and superpowers. But, put the classic occults you know fans of the supernatural want in every iteration in the base game instead of making people wait years between releases again, huh?

Natural and dyed hair colors, so people who want every sim in their world to have natural hair colors that look like something out of an anime can have that, and people who only want the old conventional black, brown, blonde, and red hair as natural hair colors can have their way. No more depriving sims younger than Teen of the full rainbow's worth of hair colors.

Bump cars, don't forget the motorcycles.

Built-in poses and flavor animations available in the sim commands. Having to make/find CC poses and animations can be kind of a chore, so having some built-in poses--you know, crossed arms, hands on hips, flashing the peace/V-for-victory sign, jumping enthusiastically, that stuff--for screenshots and machinima (and general immersion) would be just lovely. MMO's have had animated character emotes for years, so no excuses here.

A fighting/martial arts skill so we can get some cool-looking fights instead of the old cartoon cloud. I mean, you could just have the cloud be all your fights in the options menu...but some of us want out sims' brawls to be interesting to watch...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    After the release of sims 4 I have the feeling I need to write down everything, even things I considered obvious before the initial release of sims 4. So this list is far from complete

- All ages we currently have + real babies that can be carried around, given a bath,...
    - wants and fears like we had in sims 2
    - a memory system
    - family trees and sims recognizing cousins, aunts, uncles as relatives. The family try should show them properly, not just direct relatives
    - sims 4 CAS with the filter system to turn of categories
    - more trait slots for sims, possibly one extra slot to be earned in university
    - more personality for sims by setting favorite food, music, movie,... in CAS
    - a color wheel or at the very least 2 seperate swatches like we had in sims 2 (for example one for bedding and one for the bed frame)
    - open neighborhoods (not so keen on open worlds, I would prefer this size of environment to be open)
    the ability to visit all new places added in new packs. I don't mind if this would mean a loading screen between the basegame world and for example a possible downtown world in a pack.
    - the ability to edit the world: add lots, change decorations,... like we could in sims 2 and 3
    - all basic NPC's: mailman, police and burglar, maid, nanny, gardener, repairmen, food order service (pizza and chinese), social workers (with children who are taking being available for adoption instead of erased from existance!)
    - a full build system at launch. We should have pools, terraintools, basements,... right from the start. But also spiral staircases, curved walls, curved pools,...
    - the room system from the sims 4 build mode
    - OPTIONS: give us the choice to decide if we want story progression, aging (preferably as detailed as in sims 3), turn occults on/off per occult , season lenght once we get seasons
    - an occult in basegame like aliens or robots

Weather in a basegame would be super but I rather have the basics in place and weather in an EP than have another incomplete game at launch.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2020
    For me personally Seasons have to be in basegame, but I don't really need the calendersystem in basegame, just the weather effects. I won't play Sims 5 without seasons. An only Sims 3 camera would be an absolutely k.o.-criterion to me. I can't stand this camera mode. I am used to using the right mouse button to rotate the camera from many games. While the sims 3 camera is nice to make pictures and rotate single items, but after all it is horrible to play and build with it. There has to be a choice.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    That's pretty easy: Not the half baked sloppy mess TS 4 was at release.
    Full build mode with terrain tool, pools, basements, ladders, customizable stairs, roofs and pedestals.
    Free moveable Doors and Windows that don't clip when they are near to each other.

Matching base swatches for buildmode items. And always always alway a just white and black swatch (Color wheel was kind of an ambivalent thing ingame, maybe as external recolor tool, that doesn't flag as CC.)

A well balanced amount of buyable interior between classic and contemporary, with some fancies here and there. And no clunky giant devices of doom, that take the function of a much smaller real item. (I'm looking at you, telescopes, microscopes and cupcake machine.) Recliners, Bunk Beds, Whirlpools, Laptops.

Revamped character balancing system with added wants and fears, interests/hobbys, turn ons/offs, chemistry. Sims actually on that base reacting again on whats happening around them. Not just 2hr "meh" moodlets... a large Variety of Opportunities, Life goals, Drama, Crisis!

More interaction options for any kind of relationship. More age-appropriate activities for sims besides fiddling around with computer and mobile. Children playing games with each other outdoors, adults jogging, dancing and snuggling with each other, elders telling stories, going for walks together or chasing people off their lawn. You get the gist.

And put some heart in the use of furniture, especially about multitasking, you just don't lie stiff as a corpse on a recliner, you can chat, read, talk on the phone, sip some juice, listen to music, with a little effort even use a tablet or laptop. And beds are not only for sleeping or wohoooing. You can also relax, read, snuggle...

Cas needs more sliders, many modders have shown what is possible. Also, here, i would wish for a paintbrush feature for hair like the one that came with cats & dogs. If i want green/blue striped hair with pink tips and a brown hairline thats the way i can pull this off.
    Also get a larger variety of skincolors.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    World builder like TS3 for those that want to create new worlds more lots like New Crest that is empty, More Venue colour wheel or picker build buy separate and better organized same with CAS Gallery but besides sims houses venues you can place jewelry clothes etc a system that a better breakdown on age and have them age up longer then they are now you have an option to play online or offline more careers for ft and pt freelance and work at home teens and children can also have pt jobs pets cats dogs fish hamsters in ep can include other pets like snakes horses etc include vampires aliens witches mermaids in base and ep new occult creatures more personality more skills more traits