Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reverse a sims age?

So my sim aged up into an elder and i tried that potion that reverses the age but it only brought them back to the beginning of elder. What happened to putting them back to young adult with a potion like in sims 3? So if the potion isn't working to age them back is there another way i can put them back to young adult?

Comments

• MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    > @LanyaD said:
    > So my sim aged up into an elder and i tried that potion that reverses the age but it only brought them back to the beginning of elder. What happened to putting them back to young adult with a potion like in sims 3? So if the potion isn't working to age them back is there another way i can put them back to young adult?

cas.fulleditmode -> go to the dresser -> make them younger.
  • LanyaDLanyaD Posts: 21 New Member
    Is that in the ctrl+ shift + c bar thing?
    > @LanyaD said:
    > Is that in the ctrl+ shift + c bar thing?
    >

Yes, it is.
    But go to the dresser and make them younger is you taking a sim to Plan Outfits in a dresser. That will take you to Create A Sim. You can change the age then.
  • lemonfreshnesslemonfreshness Posts: 147 Member
    If this is overly bothersome to you, making your Sim(s) younger over and over again, you can also go to Settings, and then Game Options, and then Gameplay, and turn off aging.
    pithy remark
    tumblr_n9sqbr8M5Q1qb9odio1_500.gif
  • LanyaDLanyaD Posts: 21 New Member
    Thank you that was a big help. Now the sims the age I want.
    > @LanyaD said:
    > Thank you that was a big help. Now the sims the age I want.

You're welcome. I am glad it worked.
  • Guysthereswalkers!Guysthereswalkers! Posts: 1 New Member
    You know you can just go to a mirror and select 'change appearance' then select child, teen, young adult ect.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    or you could just find a mirror and selet change sim
  • nekoshounennekoshounen Posts: 5 New Member
    > @MarianneSimmer said:
    > But go to the dresser and make them younger is you taking a sim to Plan Outfits in a dresser. That will take you to Create A Sim. You can change the age then.
    Doesn’t work with Sims that have already been created at least on ps4. Stupid game kept aging my sims off screen and moving one member of the household (maybe cause 2 were married?) game has been update greatly since i played sims 2, but it’s way too glitchy
    I’ve just had to lose my progress on most of my households due to the ageing (luckily i now have found the option to age only active household), i worked around not losing the house content by editing the household and then loading in the same houshold i saved when i made it then deleted the old versions.. all money is there, just lost all my aspirations... /sigh
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    LanyaD wrote: »
    So my sim aged up into an elder and i tried that potion that reverses the age but it only brought them back to the beginning of elder. What happened to putting them back to young adult with a potion like in sims 3? So if the potion isn't working to age them back is there another way i can put them back to young adult?

The easiest way is to modify in CAS and change your sim back to the age you want them to be.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2020
    This is good to know, I was also assuming the age reverse potion took you back a cycle.

Wait, with the cheat could you be a toddler god with all the perks of an adult? Like a boss baby?
    > @drakharis said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The easiest way is to modify in CAS and change your sim back to the age you want them to be.

This does not work if the households have moved about or done ANYTHING that involves aspirations.. age cannot be changed... unless i’m missing something, or it’s only for the ps4 version. All I get is “age cannot be changed for previously created sim”
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    > @drakharis said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The easiest way is to modify in CAS and change your sim back to the age you want them to be.

This does not work if the households have moved about or done ANYTHING that involves aspirations.. age cannot be changed... unless i’m missing something, or it’s only for the ps4 version. All I get is “age cannot be changed for previously created sim”

I don't know if it's the same with ps4 but you need cas full edit mod turned on with the cheat code first
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Use testingcheatsenabled true

> @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don't know if it's the same with ps4 but you need cas full edit mod turned on with the cheat code first
    Oh you need to enable cheats first? You can enable on ps4 but all trophies are disabled if you do that. Anyway best way to avoid any of this nonsense is to turn off auto ageing for everyone except active household
    > @beadierturtle said:
    > This is good to know, I was also assuming the age reverse potion took you back a cycle.
    >
    > Wait, with the cheat could you be a toddler god with all the perks of an adult? Like a boss baby?
    No i’m pretty sure even with cheats you cannot age revererse pre childhood
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don't know if it's the same with ps4 but you need cas full edit mod turned on with the cheat code first
    Oh you need to enable cheats first? You can enable on ps4 but all trophies are disabled if you do that. Anyway best way to avoid any of this nonsense is to turn off auto ageing for everyone except active household

Cheats first enabled and then the cas. Fulleditmode cheat turned on
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    > @beadierturtle said:
    > This is good to know, I was also assuming the age reverse potion took you back a cycle.
    >
    > Wait, with the cheat could you be a toddler god with all the perks of an adult? Like a boss baby?
    No i’m pretty sure even with cheats you cannot age revererse pre childhood

Yes, with the cheat you can choose whichever age you want, excluding the baby stage. Otherwise, toddler and up are fair game, so an adult could indeed become a toddler again.
  • kmcclurekmcclure Posts: 3 New Member
    This isn’t working for me. I did testingcheats true, then cas.fulleditmode. Then I tried the mirror, the dresser, and shift click on the sim. Every time I get into cas it says “cannot edit pre-existing sims. Any other ideas?