March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darkest Gameplay Stories

Let's all share our darkest gameplay stories from across the series.

:p

I once had a vampire Sim go on a date with a vampire Sim he just met. He proposed to her, then immediately after, she burst into flames and died. He begged the Grim Reaper to save her, and he did. So then they celebrated with a bush-woohoo. She got pregnant from that. Then, he broke up with her and left.

>:)

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims 2 had my most horrific death which was fun I shared with a Maxoid artist before he had passed away. It was with the Curious Brothers. Vidcund Curious and Lazlo Curious were having a double wedding with Kristen Singles and Lola Singles. Vidcund was baking a wedding cake. The wedding was about to end, the cake sets on fire, the house sets on fire. The couples are about to leave their house to go on their honeymoon and the limo sets on fire. Pascal Curious had an alien daughter, Nebula Curious and she ends up being the only survivor and then the game ends. I was just shocked what had happened on my screen, but really showed how random deaths could be and how they happen in the Sims 2 which really cemented my love for the franchise.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe this is not overly dark but I did have this bad habit of being dissatisfied with the maids in TS2 so if I did not like the look of one then I would end up butting them in a doorless room and end up starving them...

It took a few attempts but I would eventually have a few extra ghosts in the community grave yard of maids who had been discriminated against for their looks :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    In TS3, I made my first Sim burn multiple buildings down. It was rad.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I usually try to make my Sims happy, unless for research/experiment reasons...
    But I remember once when The Sims 3 was still quite new, I decided I wanted to try to have Grim Reaper and my Sim to have a romantic relationship. Let's just say that experiment required a lot of NPCs visiting my house and having 'accidents' that ended with them dying.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Buffy the vampire slayer cleansed Bridgeport of all evil vampires.
    Other vampires were given the opportunity to be turned human again.

As a witch, she was able to slay vampires with a combination of thirst and sunlight charms.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2020
    Mine was back in Sims 3. I had a family of 4 that I was playing. The wife was my own creation, who was married to Vladimir Schlick (Bridgeport), and they had two children, a teen daughter, and a son who was still a child. I had become very attached to this family when EA had released a patch that was to fix a serious issue that was affecting all players negatively. But for the patch to take place we had to save our families to the bin, and then start a new game save, and then place our families in the new game save.

But when I tried to save my family, it would just not save. After some trial and error, I finally figured out it was the wife/mother who was causing the issue. I didn't have the heart not to save her husband without her, so I aged up the teen to a young adult and saved her and her brother. I ended up moving the sibling pair to Moonlight Falls. It was not an easy transition after the move either, because the sims of that town were always causing problems for the orphans. But eventually, things did smooth out for them, and their families did eventually progress and grow.

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Scobre how do you managed to have a female baby be born from Pascal? The game always makes mine a boy, every single time i played since 2004.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Scobre how do you managed to have a female baby be born from Pascal? The game always makes mine a boy, every single time i played since 2004.
    I always get a girl. Huh that is odd it varies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The Sims 2 had my most horrific death which was fun I shared with a Maxoid artist before he had passed away. It was with the Curious Brothers. Vidcund Curious and Lazlo Curious were having a double wedding with Kristen Singles and Lola Singles. Vidcund was baking a wedding cake. The wedding was about to end, the cake sets on fire, the house sets on fire. The couples are about to leave their house to go on their honeymoon and the limo sets on fire. Pascal Curious had an alien daughter, Nebula Curious and she ends up being the only survivor and then the game ends. I was just shocked what had happened on my screen, but really showed how random deaths could be and how they happen in the Sims 2 which really cemented my love for the franchise.

OH MY I had something happen to my Curious Brothers as well - left a young teenager raising his siblings and cousins - thank goodness for the nanny or was it the maid. The eldest ended up marrying her. I think that save was my favorite game.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have let Sims suffer and/or die on purpose several times. That's what compulsive behavior drives me to after a while.

The ones I've had most fun with (and frustration from) was when I caged up Caleb Vatore and put sinks all around him that he couldn't get to -to drink water excessively. Another was when I caged up Don Lothario on a beach. He completely neglected his needs in favor of doing fire dance around a bonfire. I put it out, caged him, and put all the things he needed in front of him, but out of reach.

I've also broken up many couples and had my played Sim live a life of infidelity, etc...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    When I used to have Sims 3 Supernatural, I had two married couples. One couple were a pretty Vampire & her husband a handsome hairy Werewolf. The second couple were a Handsome Genie/Wizard Hybrid & his pretty wife a fairy. The men were cousins & the women were cousins. The couples each had a child. One child was a boy with the Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid, the other child was a girl with the Fairy/Genie/Witch Hybrid. The children grew up, married eachother & had a human daughter. Poor girl she was a misfit in a family of Occults. lol.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Not sure I consider it dark - more like justice. In SIMS 2, Nervous Subject kills Loki Beaker, using the same machines they tortured him in, and brings him back as a zombie slave. He gets Circe Beaker pregnant and kills her after the baby is born and brings her back as a zombie slave. He has Grim Reaper babies and Grim is supposedly his father. He gets a makeover using the cosmetic surgery machine and marries the Bella of Strangetown and has more babies and lives a very happy life, though still conflicted about his mother, Olive Spector.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited February 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    When I used to have Sims 3 Supernatural, I had two married couples. One couple were a pretty Vampire & her husband a handsome hairy Werewolf. The second couple were a Handsome Genie/Wizard Hybrid & his pretty wife a fairy. The men were cousins & the women were cousins. The couples each had a child. One child was a boy with the Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid, the other child was a girl with the Fairy/Genie/Witch Hybrid. The children grew up, married eachother & had a human daughter. Poor girl she was a misfit in a family of Occults. lol.

This made me chuckle.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2020
    I had a family on The Sims 3 which consisted of an evil vampire, his non-vampiric yet hideous brother whose skin was green, hair was coloured and had the most contorted face you could ever imagine (you'll see why). His wife was my main protagonist and they had a girl who was a slave as well.

The husband used to level his charisma and befriend everyone for his nefarious plans since he was a politician (fitting, I know). They would throw lavish parties in their dungeon and I would use a mod to get more than the usual limit of people to attend. Then I'd lock them in there. His hideous brother would "try for baby" with all the women. Initially, this took up a lot of time before I started using mods. Once it was successful after days of observing them in the dungeons, they'd be free to go. As for the men, I'd murder them or starve them in many ways.
    tenor.gif?itemid=7988073

When the former captive women gave birth their children were monstrosities; sometimes they bore green skin like the vampire's brother and other times they did not, however all of them had hideous features. One time Jocasta Bachelor gave birth to his daughter whose ears made me laugh so hard because of how badly it suited her face which had crooked jaws and an elongated nose area, fat neck, thin lips and with the twisted eyes too all from her father. Eventually the vampire got the house slave pregnant and sadly I tried to kill her but learned then that you can't kill pregnant sims, so I let the pregnancy finish while she starved in the dungeon. When she gave birth to a daughter, I fed the slave and then put the baby in a room until she was so neglected the social worker took the baby away and then I burned the slave alive with some other prisoners while she was depressed.
    tenor.gif
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I usually treat my Sims well and this story is maybe more sad than dark. It happened when I had just started playing Sims1. I created my family, mom, dad and two kids, me being mom. I was happily playing with my family until one day "my oldest" was being sent to military school. At the time I didn't know I had to keep him "in the green" when I sent him to school! A few days later "my" husband had an accident with the barbecue! I was devastated!!!
    After telling my son what had happened he said: Mom, you don't have to save your game! :s:|:)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    Carfax Asylum's Dr. Seward in my game looked like a nice guy, acted nice outside of the asylum. Had many friends who thought what a nice, quite guy. :D But in the halls of the asylum you could hear the screams of his 'patients' who he had tortured with that career reward, lie dector chair and other things. Then if they wouldn't roll a different want/wish and have a 'break through' of rolling a differenet want outside their obsession to play with Mary, or kiss Charlie and or buy a game costing $15,000 etc. they would never be released from their cells, and would die in the asylum, because he gave it his all to get them to roll a different wish and break their addictions, lol, but if he couldn't cure them with his many methods, they were locked away forever and forgotten, as they slowly went insane and imagined the rabbit, the thearpist, the flour sack baby, mop dance partners, and eventually died of aspiration failure and starvation. >:) But it isn't because he didn't try to 'cure' them. >:) He used many methods, but shock thearapy was his favorite. :dizzy: Muhahaha
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    In Sims 2 I played a war/invasion story in Desiderata Valley that was pretty dark. Sims were driven out of their homes, died, got imprisoned, experimented on, even executed in some cases, switched loyalty, assumed false identities, had to flee, entered marriages just to turn the power balance around...
    I was very invested in this story and literally cried when I finally achieved the Happy End.

In Sims 4 I had a werewolf preserve where they were treated as second rate citizens. There was no Happy End, because I lost interest in that save, but I reached an intermediate goal where at least my favorite families fled to Granite Falls.

My current Sims 4 save has widespread android slavery. Buying free as many androids as possible serves nicely to regulate the money flow in this save. Despite the theme actual gameplay is a series of small happy ends, so I guess this doesn't count. The darkest things that happened here were probably a criminal trying to poison the mayor, but his best friend ate the pufferfish instead (I rescurected the friend later) and the aliens being under the impression I need more babies and "helping" my sims with it.
  • neuroandproudneuroandproud Posts: 67 Member
    I have a dark Sims 4 story. So I was playing with an EA Sim named Johnny Zest. He had a girlfriend. I was upstairs with another Sim when a few Sims were downstairs cooking. I didn't realize the house was on fire until I got the notification and went downstairs to find it was too late because Johnny had died. The worst part was, his girlfriend was pregnant with twins girls. When they became toddlers, I had them mourn for the father they never knew. It nearly broke my heart when I had the girl do that.
    Kaydin/KayKay
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Most traumatic for ME: When I had a sim die from laughter and a decade later his sister also died from laughter. I needed a full on "juice" after that!

Most traumatic for THEM: the Vietnam war in my Decades challenge. I gotta post the screenshot for ya'll. It's something else.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    One that was dark in a way but struck me funny as heck, was when my Vampire Hugo Villareal caught his brother Max (they were both adults and both vampires by then) with Hug's wife, at Club Nosferatu. Hugo went into an Enraged state, and went around the club Drinking Uncontrollably, all the humans! He was flitting from victim to victim in bat form, so I could barely keep up with him with the cursor, and he was filling up the club with urns and crying people! Note I was using mods for autonomous actions, realistic reactions to things like cheating, and also to enable death from drinking uncontrollably, as a vampire.

More recently, in a story I'm doing called The Legend of Forgotten Hollow (over at Archive Of Our Own now), a vampire who was a real piece of work, got parched, and while I was busy with other Sims trying to get screenshots for my story progression, darned if he didn't suddenly and autonomously attack Vlad's butler and Drink Uncontrollably! The two were pretty much enemies, but Vlad and his butler were romantically attached to one another, and Vlad flew into a passion and staked the vampire!

The thing that happened next was pretty astounding and I think a glitch of some sort: Talon (the vamp who attacked the butler) could not die, he just went into agonies of little embers flying up off of him, a big horrid chest wound, and Vlad covered in backspray. Caleb was there too and kicked Talon in the tenders for something he did to another character,

And I could not figure out why Talon could not seem to die! In fact right before Caleb kicked him, he was defiant in Caleb's face while burning!

So I did some things to remove some things that may have been interrupting the death process, tried an interaction called Suck Out Soul and THAT was dark, lemme tell ya! Really amazing visuals though! Talon's body levitating and draping from the waist, the worst facial expression ever, while ghostly forms and skull-like mists poured forth from him! Pretty epic. But then when that part was done, his body fell to the ground with eyes rolled back and mouth wide open, disturbingly corpse-like, and now his back arched and he went rigid and started shaking and making the worst sounds ever.

The other Sims were overcome with horror at what they were seeing and when Grim finally came, I was even wishing he'd hurry up and end it! And then when he stopped fiddling with his device and finally did the deed, it was so cool with huge blue flames and such!

So it was very dark, but very much an impressive and interesting spectacle.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    In The Sims 2 I had a male Vampire and a female Plantsim fall in love, however, he, of course, would die of sun exposure while she couldn't livewithout it. As such they couldn't spend much time together.
    Then he turned her into a vampire as well which caused her to be in constant agony as she had to be in her coffin during the day but also still had to fill her sun/uv-light bar to survive.
    I was so proud I had created the ultimate impossible love :D
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited February 2020
    I mean I usually have thralls locked in my sim's basement until they outgrow their use and in which I talk to their family and give them back to spend usually the last 3 days of their life before they die of old age, but as a catch I usually take the youngest in the family and throw them in the dungeon to be raised by the other captives.
    It's lil bit evil, but I made the mistake of giving my vampire a major drinking problem (sloppy and gets thirsty faster) and thus he needs more iron. Poor guy

This one is abit more grim;
    Another time was when another vampire kept stealing my drinks so I added him and his wife to a separate basement where there was all the food to ask for, prepared to perfection. One slight problem though, there wasn't any food for the vampire to eat and he would get hungry fast so while his wife could gorge herself with tons of different kinds of foods he only had one thing to eat.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Found it!

Here is my sim, Susan, at the Vietnam Memorial: https://imgur.com/6tLxUeh
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    I admit I am a happy-family-utopia kinda player but this one time it took a turn.

Once a sim of mine cheated with a younger woman. They met at a bar and went back to her place. She was kinda coo-coo. Her house was all pink and flowery - even the lighting was pink - it was almost eerie.
    Turns out she wanted him to leave his wife and children for her, but for him she was just a one time, heat of the moment kinda girl.
    This is where my version of "dark gameplay" begins. I figured out that they could take n*des and found it absolutely hilarious (I mean it's a thing you can do in-game w/o cheats so it must be EA approved). She took a bunch of him, and he was posing all proud and stuff, I nearly fell off my chair. I made her put the photos all over her house to complete her utter insanity. I wanted her to use the photos to blackmail him, but couldn't find a way to implement that in gameplay, so she just became a background character with a dark and dirty secret all over her pink walls.
  • bees123bees123 Posts: 12 New Member
    Moved in with the Goth family in Sims 3. Bought them more beds as a gift, 5 in total, and made a lot of tiny bathrooms. Then moved into a small shack and just played normally for a few in-game weeks. Started flirting with Cornelia and found out that they'd had 5 more kids! What a surprise!

Convinced Cornelia to move in with me and to bring the kids, but leave Gunther at the house. He had to fork over a LOT of child support. Used that to buy and own every business I could, fired him constantly, and moved into another shack. He then sold his house and moved into my old shack. I bought his house, sold the beds and proposed to Cornelia. My sim's name? Gunther