Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are your sims rich or poor?

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    My sims are usually rich
    I've done rags to riches, but I prefer not to worry about money. I work my Sims until they're rich and stay there. Or just cheat them rich. Woo, having the biggest house on the block!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Reaper1340Reaper1340 Posts: 23 Member
    Both (no preference)
    If I have a strong concept in mind for a household, that becomes the only driving factor in my decision to play with them. I've had concepts for Sims all over the socioeconomic scale, ranging from rober baron to homeless guy. On the whole, I think I prefer to play poor Sims, because I like a little challenge. ;)
  • AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    Rags to riches (but I continue playing them / generational play)
    Usually rags to riches, then play a few generations until I get bored.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2020
    My sims are usually rich
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    So for those that picked rich, I kinda wonder if your sims live in big houses? Maybe this should be a separate poll but I actually wondered about this after I moved my awesome survived-through-college-with-parttime-job-sim and her new fiancee to a penthouse and lost nearly all interest in playing them 😂 the thing about big houses is that sims take soooo 🌺🌺🌺🌺 long to walk from a to b, and everything looks far less cozy around the home. So I just can't be bothered anymore? So do your rich sims still live in small cozy places or do they just have it all? And if they do have it all, what's your motivation to ever get them out of the house?

my sims usually live in very small cozy family houses and that is why they stay rich because bills are not enough to use money they get from their jobs and hobbies

+ I'm too lazy to play in big house like its just annoying most of the time

vlad is only sim I haven't put in small house cause it feels wrong to put him in anything but straud mansion and he keeps getting poor due to bills :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Both (no preference)
    I use the money cheat quiet often. Usually, I get enough to build/buy the lot the way I want it in the Sims4. In the Sims3, traveling to China ECT and collecting usually paid my Sims way without the money cheat. There are times when I go small. I usually buy a property and put as little as possible on it and then go on to do as I wish.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I do a generational rags to riches...so i start with one sim have them earn money. met someone, and just play till their kid is a YA and move the kid out and start over.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    How about the option: Mid-class?
    I don't like to play with rich sims persé. I mean, it's not my target when i create a sim as it is not my target in life either. I like to play out their stories and that can be whatever: rich, poor, mid-class, rags to riches and whatever suits their storyline I have in mind for them.

Right now, I have 1 sim that does do pretty well. She wins 2000 simoleons per day, lives in the most expensive apartment in SM and her house has everything she needs. A home gym, walk in closet, king bedroom and home office. She works in the social media career, has always been very social and she just knew who to hang out with to become what she is today. That is what I intended for her, but she is still not crazy rich though. Just doing very very well and she only likes posh places and somewhat famous people :)

Then I have 3 other families that are mid-class or below, not really poor either. Its too easy to make money in The sims 4. One of my sims lives off his mothers heritage, but when that one runs out, he might experience a little trouble money wise. We will see.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    My sims are usually poor
    I don’t really play the intended way; I’m more about the screenshots and storytelling, so I cheat whatever money I need. Sometimes it costs more to make a sim’s home look poor, LOL. I often start with a single sim in an apartment then move them into bigger places as their family grows, but still keeping them middle class.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Rags to riches, baby (then I ditch them)
    How about the option: Mid-class?
    I don't like to play with rich sims persé. I mean, it's not my target when i create a sim as it is not my target in life either. I like to play out their stories and that can be whatever: rich, poor, mid-class, rags to riches and whatever suits their storyline I have in mind for them.

Right now, I have 1 sim that does do pretty well. She wins 2000 simoleons per day, lives in the most expensive apartment in SM and her house has everything she needs. A home gym, walk in closet, king bedroom and home office. She works in the social media career, has always been very social and she just knew who to hang out with to become what she is today. That is what I intended for her, but she is still not crazy rich though. Just doing very very well and she only likes posh places and somewhat famous people :)

Then I have 3 other families that are mid-class or below, not really poor either. Its too easy to make money in The sims 4. One of my sims lives off his mothers heritage, but when that one runs out, he might experience a little trouble money wise. We will see.

Fair point I forgot about that one :) guess I was more thinking on average - and at least to me that one sim living in the most expensive CL apartment would be, on average, rich rather than poor. :D but I can see how some other sims don't fall into that category, so I guess you could vote both or nothing at all :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    My sims are usually rich
    I would like it to be more balanced and have rich and poor sims, but after some time playing any household, rich always comes. I can't keep them poor to save my life unless I cheat money away. My only other option is to not try, but that goes against my basic human nature. This game is hands down too easy to make money in, no matter what route you take.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    My sims are usually poor
    Start poor, stay poor.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    My sims are usually poor
    I play legacy style, but with my own rules to keep me interested. So, I tend to start poor, and then build up their skills and careers etc, and then when my next heir becomes a YA I move them out of the original house, and start them with nothing again (maybe an expensive violin to pay for furnishings in their new home etc), but pretty much with nothing, and then build up their money again. I get bored really quickly with rick sims, plus, it seems to easy to become rich, and once you've bought a giant house and furnished it - what more can you do?!
    I also get really overwhelmed by giant houses, and I feel like I'm constantly having to move my screen around to find sims, and there is so much stuff, I just cant cope with playing in big mansion houses. I love a house thats small enough to see everything on one view (dollhouse stylie I think) - which just wouldnt work with really rich sims.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Both (no preference)
    So for those that picked rich, I kinda wonder if your sims live in big houses? Maybe this should be a separate poll but I actually wondered about this after I moved my awesome survived-through-college-with-parttime-job-sim and her new fiancee to a penthouse and lost nearly all interest in playing them 😂 the thing about big houses is that sims take soooo 🌺🌺🌺🌺 long to walk from a to b, and everything looks far less cozy around the home. So I just can't be bothered anymore? So do your rich sims still live in small cozy places or do they just have it all? And if they do have it all, what's your motivation to ever get them out of the house?

That's actually very intuitive. The huge houses are a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. My starting character and her offspring (Calhouni) still spend most of their time on one floor. It's four floors now. The space ships are on the top floor(roof) One floor down for the basement, that I closed off. I built this house from the small starting house. I did cheat in simoleons though at first to boost-start my game.

Going to a huge one like the Landgraabs, I redid the household as Ebabit (Whatever the lot is called). Yep. Takes forever to do anything in that mansion.

I guess @SimTrippy you could say my sims that I have (not from the built-in ones), do live more cozy, even if relatively rich. I'd say 70 to 80% of my main sims are born in-game. The rest are built-in ones that I've decided to play instead of delete.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    My sims are usually rich
    I build the houses and my Sims have to be rich to afford them!
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited February 2020
    My sims mostly end up rich, and when royalties are pouring in, and my sim's got more money than he or she'll ever be able to spend, I start over with another sim. It's not lonely on the top, just a little boring. =P
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited February 2020
    Both rich and poor in the rotational save. But that one is story-driven and often having money doesn't help with a household's goals at all, for example when two equally rich sims compete who can top a career first. In fact, creating situations where money is of no help/consequence is a good method to stay interested in a long running save. Got a top level Chief of police? Add a household of YA trainees and coach them, take them to Granite Falls, find them partners, pay for their college and so on.

My side-saves are summed up by what I voted for, so I think that is my typical playstyle when I'm "really" playing the game.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Both (no preference)
    What I always do is use the free real estate cheat to move my sim into their home, then afterward I'll use another money cheat to pull their household funds all the way down between 500 to 1,000 semolians. That way when the mailman delivers the bills the next day, it just makes things a little easier in the very beginning.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Both (no preference)
    What I usually do is give my new sim 1 motherlode to build and furnish a house. Everything else is up to them, so these sims are not rich but able to pay their bills without having to sell a window.

My problem was when EA re-vamped the gardening and gave us MONEY TREES, the devil's tree is what I call it. I have very rich sims with over a million in the household funds from selling money tree seeds, and even enough to save up and give the kiddies when they grow up so they can be rich too...gah! Let's just say I do not give any sims anymore money tree seeds.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    Both (no preference)
    My sims are all middle class.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My sims are usually rich

I picked rich, but my sims don't live in great big houses. Well, one does because when her parent's private plane went down she inherited the mansion and the 2 restaurants owned by her father. The butler stayed with her because she grew up with him.

But they are the only ones in a great big house because it suits that story I had for them.

But no. I don't like big houses at all. When I build, I always adjust walls and things after the furniture starts going in to make it make more sense and be more true to real life.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    They're rich. Because I started a save way back shortly after TS4's release and I got to gen 3 or 4 (I'd have to think back) and got stuck on this sim named Scarlett. I played her for ages. She had a bunch of kids that I'd sometimes send off into their own households. Anyway she earned a lot of money over time. They did too because I would stop and play without aging on.

I still play a few of the households. The completely loaded thing is kinda annoying so I've been toying with the idea of having them all start over from scratch.
  • freckledandfairfreckledandfair Posts: 68 Member
    Mine always start out poor but my impatience I always end up cheating them to be rich, haha :)
  • CarlottleCarlottle Posts: 17 Member
    Always start poor, its part of the challenge. I rarely use money cheats anymore.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2020
    I was tempted to choose both, but, this is the most accurate. Mainly because most of my Sims aren't rich except the two who won the lottery, and I don't play with them anymore.

Most of my Sims start out Rags to Riches style, beginning life with absolutely nothing but a mailbox. They usually don't stay that way for long. At least in the past. I've played this way for so long I know ALL the ways to get rich quick and can even beat the Extreme Rags to Riches challenge, well, extremely quick. lol

I still can't help playing this way, it's addictive and I find it so satisfying when they've won the challenge. But, I've begun limiting myself to what they can and can't do in order to extend the gameplay.

They still always manage to make a lot of money in the end, I build them a nice house and that's it, done. I move on to another challenge and try again. Sometimes I'll put them in my custom template save so I'll at least see them again 'not in world' if I really liked them.

The only time I don't play Rags to Riches is when I'm playing a challenge that doesn't allow it. Ironically, a couple of these are on my list of all-time favorites and I've actually completed some of them more than once, such as; the Asylum challenge, Time Lord Challenge or even my Collector Sim. I had a ton of fun with her.

Also, my Super Sim Joel, and the clone/brother I made from him, Josh, for the Apocalypse ended up being my all-time favorite Sim! Again though, once I'd done it all with Joel, which of course meant he was super rich, I quit playing with him. And when Josh died of old age, I stopped too. I put them both in my custom template though as a YAs.

I've tried Legacies in the past and am currently doing an I.S.B.I. that I hope I can complete. I like playing those, but again, once they get rich and I've built them a nice house, I get bored and try another challenge. I just can't seem to stick with anything for very long if they're not struggling anymore. It's frustrating!

Having said that, not so much I don't feel like playing, I love this game and want to do it all, if that makes sense? A new pack comes out, I'll try a new Rags to Riches with it or a challenge developed for it and before long... Squirrel! lol

So there ya go, I love to play Rags to Riches, but I'm still looking for that sweet spot, that one challenge to play along with it that keeps my Sims from getting too rich or is so fun to play because of other elements, I don't care if they are rich.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you got this far and...

Happy Simming! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited February 2020
    My sims are usually rich

They don't live in big houses, just the UK suburban type, very compact, usually with 3 or 4 bedrooms but they get a lot of "things" to do in them and usually large fenced gardens (if possible) which we prefer over here with greenhouses and fruit and veg. gardens. I'm not really into pretty but workable layouts after playing Sims 1 where it was very important. They don't get things like tents or pools at the start as those are too magnetic when my Sims are gaining skills.They get locked doors for their rooms to allow only family in. For instance...most houses are closer to the road, have gates, mail boxes & rubbish bins outside or roadside, etc., They always get sent out to work as I don't like lazy Sims! Grandma & Grandad come in useful looking after the kids after school....... All this can get very expensive!

I started a New Save with everybody in Newcrest starting with tents and a shack for toilet and shower though! It was very interesting, for a while, for them to get Simoleons faster on a minimum outlay.