Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please allow goaled event Spooky Party during Spooky Day!

There's Spooky Day currently in my game, and I thought it'd be perfectly fitting to throw a Spooky Party social event during it. Unfortunately there's the usual "no goaled events during holidays" limitation, so can't do it.

I've noticed that you can have goaled dates during Love Day, so would it be possible to allow goaled Spooky Party during Spooky Day holiday?

PS: Also bigger 'wear costume' options if you have the packs that came with costumes, please!

Comments

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I forgot the name of the pack they had suggested with the knitting pack, Happy Haunts I think it was. I suppose you idea might have fit well in that. Too bad that fell through for fad houses and knitting. Oh well there is always the hope of a Halloween update.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • PurrrmeowPurrrmeow Posts: 30 Member
    I REALLY wish we had gotten Happy Haunts instead :( It came in second place though so maybe we will get it next time!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I hope we get a Werewolf/Happy Haunts in the fall.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Why are goaled events not allowed on holidays in the first place?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    There's Spooky Day currently in my game, and I thought it'd be perfectly fitting to throw a Spooky Party social event during it. Unfortunately there's the usual "no goaled events during holidays" limitation, so can't do it.

I've noticed that you can have goaled dates during Love Day, so would it be possible to allow goaled Spooky Party during Spooky Day holiday?

PS: Also bigger 'wear costume' options if you have the packs that came with costumes, please!
    They need to give in and give us a costume category in CAS I cant be the only person who hates these random outfits at costume parties.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    One thing you can do is complete all the traditions, end holiday early by clicking the X button on the holiday screen and then you can throw a goaled spooky party.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Completely agree, especially since the game still registers it as a "failed" party and gives the household those consolation prize ghost light things. Like, they're cute, but getting them every "year" (cause I always want to throw a spooky party on Spooky day lol) is starting to feel like I'm being mocked lol.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Aww man, I wish I'd known about this. I held my first ever real Wedding in TS4 last night and it was supposed to be a goaled event. But, there wasn't a list of goals to complete and I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. Thought maybe I forgot to check the box. There was a 'holiday' happening, Rebate Day. Why is that considered a holiday? Very disappointing. I wish they'd update/fix this. :'(
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    The game cannot handle more than one event at once. Try opening a vet clinic on a holiday to get an idea of what I mean.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

They need to give in and give us a costume category in CAS I cant be the only person who hates these random outfits at costume parties.

There is a costume category. It’s under full body outfits. If you open the full body category you’ll see an icon of the hot dog suit. That’s the costume category sort.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Bring back the Spooky Fall Festival please.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    last time I checked the the spooky party wasnt working
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

There is a costume category. It’s under full body outfits. If you open the full body category you’ll see an icon of the hot dog suit. That’s the costume category sort.

I think they meant a category for planned outfits. We should be able to plan a costume in the same way we plan our Sim's pajamas, swimwear, etc. That way they will wear the costume we planned for them when attending a costume party.