Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see phobias in the sims?

So many people in real life including myself have a phobia or multiple phobias. Spiders and clowns mostly in my case. Back in the sims 3 we had the hydrophobic trait which added realism to the game and made sims more unique. So what if the game made it so sims had individual phobias should they just be selected naturally or chosen?

List of things to include as phobias:

Spiders and insects
Water
The dark
Ghosts/supernaturals such as vampires
Clowns
Going to the doctor
Cats and dogs
Heights
Technology

These are just a couple of ideas let me know if you’d like to see the idea of phobias being added to the game.
t0j4i8.jpg

Would you like to see phobias in the sims? 115 votes

Yes there should be phobias added to the game
80%
redrogue60CamkatBreeNillaIsb917Bloosmooirishdragon7CynnaAnmirlaMariefoxprice83tonichan89MagdaleenaBagoas77luthienrisingBluelletaydevjineratorlindaatjuhThangwenBabykittyjadeSakuske1 93 votes
No the game is fine without them
19%
PlayerSinger2010SimsILikeSimsfriendlysimmersalanmichael1MissyHissyJACKIEJOYkatka_kynclovaChampandGirlieSindocatBriana2425RedShoe7StrawberryYogurtpinneduphairbirdonawirelogionRavenSpitSimAlexandriaw_w_waiyiiiiii9813RhiannonravenIly 22 votes

Comments

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I would love to see phobias in the game, especially if it was for any of the traits currently in the game. I can then make sims fear absurd things like Grilled Cheese and then laugh at them as a sandwich made for them causes them to die. >:)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes, but only if I get to decide what my sims are afraid of.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I want to be able to select one fear phobia in CAS.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Voted no not because it is a bad idea but because overkill is the name of the game in 4. React in disgust, toddler or kids making messes, the endless text messages, the list if overboard features is endless.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, anything to make them more interesting.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, as long as they are optional and we can choose what our sims fear. I really want a fear emotion and I think phobias/fears would be a great way to give our sims more personality.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Yes, as long as they are optional and we can choose what our sims fear. I really want a fear emotion and I think phobias/fears would be a great way to give our sims more personality.

Yeah they spent all this time on emotions in the sims 4 bit couldn’t even make a fear emotion.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I would love this, but the phobias should only be triggered when the Sims actually see or experience something that they're afraid of. For example, if a Sim has a phobia of Vampires, I don't want her randomly start thinking about them and getting a bad moodlet even if she hasn't actually even met one. Someone already mentioned the overkill of some features in this game and I don't want phobias to start overriding everything else in my Sims life.
    I have arachnophobia but I don't think about spiders and how afraid I am of them unless I see one. That's how I want it to be with the Sims too.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to see phobias hopefully done better than those negative traits that come with celebrities more so an optional bonus trait or fearless trait and completely avoid them. But without a fear emotion and unique animations to go with it or a memory system I cant imagine seeing the detail I'd want from it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Cleithrophobia, or the fear of being trapped.

"Susan?
    "Yes, John?"
    "Do you ever feel like we're all trapped in some kind of simulation that's actually controlled by some twisted entity who considers us, and all this, to be just some part of a game?"
    "Hooba? Neeshga, wibbs's wokka!"
    "Fronga neeb. Fronga neeb."
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    nope, knowing this game it would only give them a moodlet which are pretty underwhelming...I don't see them adding any interesting gameplay at all.
    I'd rather they patch traits and emotions in general.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    We need more negative in this game.

That said though, as other's have mentioned, TS4 has a tendency to overkill and I also wouldn't want it overriding everything else either. It would need to be balanced. To do that, they likely would need to go back and overhaul the traits and emotions we do have to fit this in properly.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This is not for me. I'm actually fine with them making this as part of a haunted pack theme. It might be one that I'll sit out but I'm ok with that since I know that others want a different type of game than I do.

(I'm not for happiness and sunshine all the time, but I'm also not interested in very supernatural or haunted or dark packs. I'm fine with them releasing a pack like that to appeal to others.) A fear emotion or phobia theme doesn't appeal to me at all but I could see this in an optional pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yess.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    It would probably only be a trait that will make your sim tense all the time. Or it would be a hidden buff that triggers every 60 seconds.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    It depends on how it's implemented. If similar to wants/fears in TS2; I think it would work. If it's like the "Hot Headed" trait in TS4; no. Constantly just coming up out of the blue doesn't cut it.
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    I would love this because it would give sims more individuality. I wouldn't mind being able to assign the phobia or if it's something that might naturally develop in my sim based on game play. Maybe we'll eventually get that ladder everyone has been wanting and get a fear of heights. Who knows?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    thats a big no as a player i fine the sims4 just fine as it is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah!!! Add them, we absolutely need more depth to our sims' personalities. Make them afraid of things. Add the fear emotion. Let sims be afraid of the occult, let them be afraid of the dark, let them be afraid of heights, water, everything you mentioned.

Maybe there could even be traumatic childhood events that may lead to fears, like how my brother almost drowned as a toddler and didn't dare to go swimming for years afterwards. Maybe watching a horror movie has a minor chance of giving them a new fear, especially if they're not into horror in the first place. Maybe going to the waterfalls in Selvadorada can cause a fear of heights. Maybe a sim who's afraid of vampires gets all tense every time they visit Forgotten Hollow, and feels safe in a place filled with garlic.

Just.. yes please, I want anything that adds more detail to their lives.

The Wants/Fears system from TS2 would be great to have as well.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It would give sims more personality. So i think yes it'ld be nice to have it. As long as it makes sense in the game. To have a technophobic the game would have to have ways so that the sims can do basic stuff that atm is only doable using technology. So as long as it's done with all the gameplay that makes it relevant i'ld be interested.
  • NerdyAJGNerdyAJG Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes! I think CAS does need some updating, and having phobias is one way to do that. It would definitely make sims more unique and their life would be way more interesting. Like having a child who has a phobia of doctors and hospitals but is very ill. How would they and the parents react? How would you work around it? There is so much more to add to Sims to bring it to life and giving more to their personality is just one way to do that.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I'm in favor of anything that gives your sims more personality and this would be a great way to do that.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,953 Member
    idk like i kinda want it the way ts2 had fears cause that was so detailed

like I sort of like the temporary anxiety over endless phobia since people can and will change with time etc and it was always nice surprise factor in game to see what sims are scared of this time

but in general? sims not being happy about everything is already step forward

and there is some fears no time can cure so i guess those be fine as phobias
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OmaroofShadyOmaroofShady Posts: 17 New Member
    I do agree actually, it'll add some new elements to the game, if done right tho, the thing is, it's a trait, but, and hear me out, like some people here suggested, it could also be obtained if certain things happened, like say the sim find a spider in their home, or encounter a zombie, stuff like that.
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    What if our sims developed the phobias by circumstance when playing the game? Like a scary story or seeing a spider or a bad experience, such as "stagefright" because they performed badly in front of people...