Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods that help add realism to the game

13...Next

Comments

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I have just downloaded the slice of life mod and I LOVE IT! I like all the little details that have been added to make the game just that little bit more real which I have always wanted.
    I also downloaded the Cooking overhaul mod too and having that mod while trying to play rags to riches makes it so much more harder but I love it and brings a nice challenge to the game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I watched a video yesterday of Lilsimsie trying out the slice of life mod and it was hilarious. I had originally intended to wait until the game was completed before installing it but think I'm going to try it today.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I watched a video yesterday of Lilsimsie trying out the slice of life mod and it was hilarious. I had originally intended to wait until the game was completed before installing it but think I'm going to try it today.

You definitely should! Friendly tip though: definitely remove some of the things you don't like, it won't affect the mod, but things like menstruation or bladder infections can be huge pain in the butt, so I always remove those.

Other than that, I love this mod. I've used it on and off but I always come back to it, because the memories and personality additions are great :)
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

You definitely should! Friendly tip though: definitely remove some of the things you don't like, it won't affect the mod, but things like menstruation or bladder infections can be huge pain in the butt, so I always remove those.

Other than that, I love this mod. I've used it on and off but I always come back to it, because the memories and personality additions are great :)

i haven't been able to download the mod because of her site :\ i would love to try it SOOO badly, but i just can never go to her site without a problem (ads will take up my entire screen and sometime i can't close them)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    @llamasflu heres a link to her simfileshare for the mod, it’s ad-free.

https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1590829/
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    shanls96 wrote: »
    @llamasflu heres a link to her simfileshare for the mod, it’s ad-free.

https://www.simfileshare.net/download/1590829/

thank youuu <3
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    I'm completely new to mods, has tried out some cc from Tumblr during the past weeks.
    My question now is where can I find "Slice of life mod", "Cooking Overhaul mod" and "Ultrasound mod" to download safely?
    Do these mods usually be large in file size?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    edited February 2020
    lakire wrote: »
    I'm completely new to mods, has tried out some cc from Tumblr during the past weeks.
    My question now is where can I find "Slice of life mod", "Cooking Overhaul mod" and "Ultrasound mod" to download safely?
    Do these mods usually be large in file size?

I recommend reading everything each creator has written about their Mod. I don't use these kinds of Mods myself so I can't speak to file size. KawaiiStacie's site has a lot of ads but, she and LittleMsSam are two of the most prolific creators, Seriously Sims has a good reputation as well, and MTS has been around since Sims 2. I have never heard of any of them having viruses but, Mods do break with patches. There is always a thread about broken Mods and updates under General Mods Discussion.

Here is the link to KawaiiStacie's Mod Page where you can find Slice Of Life: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/downloads/categories/_mods

I wasn't sure which Cooking Overhaul Mod you are looking for, there are two:
    Graycurse at MTS: http://modthesims.info/d/584503/graycurse-s-cooking-amp-ingredients-overhaul.html
    Seriously Sims: https://www.srslysims.net/2019/03/srslys-complete-cooking-overhaul.html

LittleMsSam Ultrasound Mod: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175410620123/ultrasound-scan-visit-a-gynecologist-to-do-a
    Thank you for the answer @Bananas_45, looked all of them up and decided to only download the Cooking Overhaul mod.
  • PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    Anyone have a link to the mcc mod or what it's called the command senter thingy? (hopefully someone knows which one i mean :smile: I would like to read a bit more about it. And from what iv'e read until now, i'm strongly considering using it :smile: Just wanna make sure i get a safe link
    PinkyPus wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the mcc mod or what it's called the command senter thingy? (hopefully someone knows which one i mean :smile: I would like to read a bit more about it. And from what iv'e read until now, i'm strongly considering using it :smile: Just wanna make sure i get a safe link

Here you go: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/ if you have questions you can hop on their Discord (links at bottom of their main page) or post in this thread here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Sacraficial’s Life’s Tragedies is great for adding in a whole bunch of random events, some even deadly, to the game. My sim was throwing a new years eve party when an armed robber came and everyone freaked out.

LittleMissSam has a mod called “more away actions,” this is useful for inactive sims, you can get them to do plenty more things compared to the standard set of away actions. She also has a mod called “More Holiday Icons,” this adds plenty more holiday icons.

Zurbu has two mods I really like, “More Club Icons,” which adds more club icons, and the “Simology Mod Pack,” this adds the ability to select what actions have what effect on your sims, for example I can set it so my sim gets bored when they play video games, or get angry when working out, etc.

Weerbesu has two mods I like to use, “Improved Autonomy during Loading Screens,” and “No Empty Venues,” this makes loading into a public lot a lot more interesting as sims will be loaded in already doing things as opposed to just standing at the front of the lot.

TwistedMexi TOOL mod is great for adding objects into the worlds themselves. I like to add the Get Together bushes into the base game worlds so my cats and dogs have areas to explore. I also like to use it to add swings and such to parks in the world, it’s great for whatever else you see fit to add into the world, like basket ball nets, toddler playground equipment, extra decor, etc.

NoelleBelleFluer has base game work from home mods, I like the work from home option, so this adds it to base game careers, the criminal one is broken though, but every other one seems to work just fine.

I know its a lot, I’m kind of obsessed with mods, they really are a game changer.
    Is this compatible with Meaningful Stories?
    edited March 2020
    I downloaded Srsly sims: Cooking Overhaul mod and succeeded getting it into my game, but the problem is that the only thing I can find in the Shop For Groceries menu is honey whilst the veggies, herbs, fruit, flowers and fish menus are complete, there's no custom drinks either.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I downloaded Srsly sims: Cooking Overhaul mod and succeeded getting it into my game, but the problem is that the only thing I can find in the Shop For Groceries menu is honey whilst the veggies, herbs, fruit, flowers and fish menus are complete, there's no custom drinks either.
    What am I doing wrong?

Their discord would be the best place to get assistance: https://discordapp.com/invite/kDVe56d
    edited March 2020
    Anyone using the Set Relations Mod by Simsmodelsimmer? I want it but can't download it as I can only find a Patreon link and I don't use Patreon... :/

EDIT: Found another link!!
    Anyone using the Set Relations Mod by Simsmodelsimmer? I want it but can't download it as I can only find a Patreon link and I don't use Patreon... :/

EDIT: Found another link!!

The Patreon link is for free, you don't need to donate to access the Mod.
    I downloaded Simsmodelsimmer's Set Family Relationships Mod as I asked about earlier and decided that I want to translate it into Swedish (which is my native language) for my own game as I think it's strange to have some relationship types written in Swedish and some in English. The problem is that here in Sweden we have different "names" for different relationship types depending on if it's relatives from the mum or the dad's side of the family and it also depends on the gender of the relative. How shall I do when translating? Any ideas?
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited April 2020
    GreyWind wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    Sacraficial’s Life’s Tragedies is great for adding in a whole bunch of random events, some even deadly, to the game. My sim was throwing a new years eve party when an armed robber came and everyone freaked out.

LittleMissSam has a mod called “more away actions,” this is useful for inactive sims, you can get them to do plenty more things compared to the standard set of away actions. She also has a mod called “More Holiday Icons,” this adds plenty more holiday icons.

Zurbu has two mods I really like, “More Club Icons,” which adds more club icons, and the “Simology Mod Pack,” this adds the ability to select what actions have what effect on your sims, for example I can set it so my sim gets bored when they play video games, or get angry when working out, etc.

Weerbesu has two mods I like to use, “Improved Autonomy during Loading Screens,” and “No Empty Venues,” this makes loading into a public lot a lot more interesting as sims will be loaded in already doing things as opposed to just standing at the front of the lot.

TwistedMexi TOOL mod is great for adding objects into the worlds themselves. I like to add the Get Together bushes into the base game worlds so my cats and dogs have areas to explore. I also like to use it to add swings and such to parks in the world, it’s great for whatever else you see fit to add into the world, like basket ball nets, toddler playground equipment, extra decor, etc.

NoelleBelleFluer has base game work from home mods, I like the work from home option, so this adds it to base game careers, the criminal one is broken though, but every other one seems to work just fine.

I know its a lot, I’m kind of obsessed with mods, they really are a game changer.
    Is this compatible with Meaningful Stories?

Late response, but I haven't had any issues using these mods alongside meaningful stories.

Also question to the OP, will you continue updating this thread?
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    edited April 2020
    https://modthesims.info/d/637075/less-intrusive-conversations.html

I think this is absolutely needed. I hate, HATE how I am having romantic or funny conversations with my partners and some random Sim comes and starts talking and interrupting and I have to cancel out the whole conversation. This is unrealistic and just annoying, especially if you are trying to do anything actually social in the game. I'm fine with friends coming over to chat with me and my friends but rando can just stay the heck away.

Before using this mod, I often just used MCC's kill command or just made them pregnant and in labor to get them to leave me alone.
    Post edited by Drbigt on
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    @filipomel Yeah, I’ll make sure I update this thread when I get a chance, hopefully try to do it today or tomorrow there’s a few I need to add.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    Coolspears has some awesome mods that make gameplay far more realistic (he's also posted recently that after being away there'll be many updates soon.) his World NPC control mods are very cool, (wait for the update though) also his "Quicker Sim Autonomy/Lag fix + fun additions" brings a lot of realism to the game as they just interact with other sims far better.

I'm sure LMS has been mentioned in this thread a fair bit, with over 300 mods, and also Bienchen.. (listed below at the Bulk Modders page) and their own websites, of course.

Find cool mods at the Mods Tracker, added to consistently with both new/updated mods.
    Z7FwSmQ.gif