Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FARM EXPANSION PACK!

So you can have cows and sheep and pigs and goats and chickens and all those fun animals in your backyard. You could use the cows and goats for fresh milk, you could make cheese/yogurt/ice cream. sheep can give you wool which you can use to make sweaters, or add to stuff you can make at the workshop table. Chickens give you eggs. The obvious thing i'm avoiding here is the slaughtering of these animals for food, but.....
you can build up relationships with the animals, perhaps you have a loveable pet pig that has a little pig bed in the house, who knows but this would be awesome.
there could be a new "country" world, where you could like go and ride horses... i'm pretty sold on the idea...

Comments

• Options
    HollyyyyHollyyyy Posts: 20 Member
    I've wanted this for aaaaaaaages. I would love a farm life ep. I think they got close in sims 3 with the horses and ranch-style world but definitely not close enough. Chickens, pigs, cows, sheep etc that are like fully functioning farm animals would be amazing. A farmer could be a new type of career where you have to harvest the product and then deliver it to businesses and sims around the neighbourhood to make money. You could have a small-time guy that begins running a tiny crop farm that eventually turns into a huge business that can be passed down for generations.
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    I'm down. Get to Farmin :D
    Not anytime soon though. I'd like to see some more basic game play
  • Options
    cherryboyJJcherryboyJJ Posts: 55 Member
    I would love this too after all the initial stuff has been added! Maybe they could have a massive Pets expansion that also includes farm animals. I'd love to move my sims to a farm and have chickens and cows in the backyard... A sim chasing after a chicken that got out of the coop would be hilarious :D They could even have llamas you get wool from!
  • Options
    ZeevahZeevah Posts: 52 Member
    It's ironic that you mentioned the whole "farm" theme, I was thinking the same thing when I created a posted yesterday, here is a clip of what i wrote:
    Free Roaming Animals -
    Dogs and Cats and Horses I'd loved to see better details on as for species and colors, well Sims 3 had that pretty well set
    Other possible ideas for pets to give it more variation from the Sims 3 and give it more "farm" theme..cows/bulls (milk and meat for new or current recipies or sell for extra simoleans), chickens/rooters (eggs or meat for ingredients for new or current meals, extra simoleans or babies), sheep/rams (that you can sheer and use on a loom to create unique clothes or sell for extra simoleans) and goats (for milk like cows)
    Along with the new animals should come to ability to breed cats, dogs, horses, cows..ETC (minus the caged animals)

I think the pig though would be a major one to add into the farm theme, sheep and goats are kind of so so. Horses, cows, pigs, goats, sheep...add in new harvestables of corn, and hay so that you can feed your pets. But instead of one little mound of dirt for your harvestables what about having actual tiles that look like plowed farm land?
  • Options
    Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    ouiiiiii
  • Options
    USAISAWESOME234USAISAWESOME234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love a farming pack! I loved when the cows and chickens were added to sims 3 and it would be evenn better to have them be interacive in the sims 4 and do as Zeevah said. I would love to have horses, chickens, cows, sheep, goats and pigs!!!!
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    If it leads to sims being murdered by Black Phillip, I'm all for this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_XTFjvvcnQ
  • Options
    riceinabagriceinabag Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with all of this and obviously most of us would want more crops and things but over all I definitley want horses and other farm animals, in fact ive been needing this pack FOREVER.
  • Options
    ilovejustinmooreilovejustinmoore Posts: 8 New Member
    That would be awsome!!
  • Options
    beigewyngbeigewyng Posts: 18 Member
    They could make it like a better version of the Facebook game.
  • Options
    peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    I would love a farm pack! I want more animals (cows, chickens, pigs, LLAMAS, etc.) and the ability to live off the land now that we have Tiny Living and I think sheep and llamas would be a good resource for the knitting pack because you could sheer their furs. Also milk cows for milk and make things like cheese! And it would be fun to see my sims feeding the chickens and caring for all the animals. I would just love this. :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited February 2020
    I would LOVE a farming pack complete with cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, horses, and LLAMAS! Each livestock animal would have things you could progressively do through a "Farming Skill". This pack also would add tons of things for off-the-grid living like churning butter, windmills, solar panels, and anything old-school that they used in the olden days. The town would be a secluded one in the country with gravel and dirt roads. There would be added ability to cut trees down if you had an ax in your inventory. You would use firewood and be able to use it on wood workbench for added benefits. They could add ability to carve things without the workbench if you had the wood in your inventory. I also would add a simple shovel object that would give you ability to dig anywhere to find collectibles. The game could have huge update with spawners for items reworked so they'd appear in places they don't normally appear now. There would be tons of collectibles and crops added in the farming pack. Tractors could be small and "Sims size" and haven't fully decided on all the benefits tractors could add but there would be some! I also thought this pack could add lawnmowers. If you have lawnmower on your lot then grass would naturally start growing. It would be opt in like laundry. A farming pack that is packed full of gameplay catered to living off the land as a homesteader would literally make me jump for joy!!!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Is the Farming Pack going to be the next Gamepack? Will there be Werewolves in it?
  • Options
    wheesnawbuttonswheesnawbuttons Posts: 1 New Member
    I got on here specifically in hopes of finding something about an expansion pack for a farm, you guys nailed it with the idea of gaining farm skills & all of the things you could gain. I hope this happens, I would definitely buy it! Can we start a petition or something?! lol