Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad the Dad (A 100 Baby Challenge, Vlad as ‘matriarch’) - *COMPLETED 3/29/20*

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Come on Devonte, at least you're not still in the dungeon! Doing school projects with Dad has got to be better than starving and peeing yourself. Always look on the bright side of life.

Aww Kailani looks so sad talking to Bearcula. Bearcula has seen many years of toddlers just like yourself, Kailani. And he hasn't helped any of them lol

Poor Keaton, losing his mind...

They're definitely formulating an escape plan :D

Yay Kailani made it out of there! Now it's time for endless school projects (Devonte does have a point in his hatred of them actually)

Hello Elle! Ah that glowing purple is quite possibly my favourite vampire eye colour (as well as the bright glowy blue). I can't wait to see if her kids with Vlad inherit it! They better be good looking lol (I know that Vlad has it in him to produce a clone of the other parent so let's hope he does!)
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Just wanted to say how much I love this! Can't wait to see what Vlad's next kid(s) look like. Hope they get the glowing purple eyes. : D
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    The way Kailani looks at Bearcula :bawling: Those eyes!

Keaton looks really great! :o Who was the other parent? You can barely see Vlad in him :D Oh it's mentioned later: Angela Pleasant. She does have good genes she passes on.

Do the kids/teens get the school projects at school or did you buy them in Build/Buy? :sweat_smile: I usually delete them. Super annoying.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Come on Devonte, at least you're not still in the dungeon! Doing school projects with Dad has got to be better than starving and peeing yourself. Always look on the bright side of life.

Aww Kailani looks so sad talking to Bearcula. Bearcula has seen many years of toddlers just like yourself, Kailani. And he hasn't helped any of them lol

Poor Keaton, losing his mind...

They're definitely formulating an escape plan :D

Yay Kailani made it out of there! Now it's time for endless school projects (Devonte does have a point in his hatred of them actually)

Hello Elle! Ah that glowing purple is quite possibly my favourite vampire eye colour (as well as the bright glowy blue). I can't wait to see if her kids with Vlad inherit it! They better be good looking lol (I know that Vlad has it in him to produce a clone of the other parent so let's hope he does!)
    The school projects do seem endless but they’re a necessary evil!

The glowing purple and glowing blue eyes are my favourite vampire eyes too.

You’ve had a sneak peak at Elle and Vlad’s babies already now ;) so
    You know you got your wish (at least partly lol)
    Just wanted to say how much I love this! Can't wait to see what Vlad's next kid(s) look like. Hope they get the glowing purple eyes. : D
    Aww thank you so much! It’s a pretty fun challenge to play with Vlad.
    The way Kailani looks at Bearcula :bawling: Those eyes!

Keaton looks really great! :o Who was the other parent? You can barely see Vlad in him :D Oh it's mentioned later: Angela Pleasant. She does have good genes she passes on.

Do the kids/teens get the school projects at school or did you buy them in Build/Buy? :sweat_smile: I usually delete them. Super annoying.
    Yep Keaton’s other parent is Angela Pleasant. She’s gorgeous. I’ll be using her identical twin at some point in the future and it’ll be interesting to see if her genes are as good.

I buy most of the school projects from build mode except when they get projects from school but that only happens on Mondays. I dunno if it’s cheating but it does get them extra credit which gets their grades up faster. I usually ignore the school projects in normal play too!
    Ah, so Kailani is evil like her dad? Like father, like daughter!

I love how optimistic Chadwick is about his new-found freedom
    Too bad it'll all come crashing down, far too soon...

Well that's how Vlad has treated all of his kids so far, Chadwick, so do you think he really cares?

Take it from me, an artist: I can only hope to attain that level of detail that Vlad has so wonderfully demonstrated in that masterpiece figure drawing. I mean, it has proper body proportions and everything (something I am actually terrible at lol)
    okay so half of that was sarcasm but I actually cannot do figure drawing :joy:

Yay triplets are always fun to take care of ignore!
    edited February 2020
    Ah, so Kailani is evil like her dad? Like father, like daughter!

I love how optimistic Chadwick is about his new-found freedom
    Too bad it'll all come crashing down, far too soon...

Well that's how Vlad has treated all of his kids so far, Chadwick, so do you think he really cares?

Take it from me, an artist: I can only hope to attain that level of detail that Vlad has so wonderfully demonstrated in that masterpiece figure drawing. I mean, it has proper body proportions and everything (something I am actually terrible at lol)
    okay so half of that was sarcasm but I actually cannot do figure drawing :joy:

Yay triplets are always fun to take care of ignore!

Yup Kailani inherited the evil trait (I use the legacy trait generator so quite a lot of his kids end up evil).

Hmm well take it from me as someone who has seen your art... It's amazing and it goes without saying that it's much better than Vlad's figure drawing! You don't need to be able to do figure drawings when you can draw like you can. I'm always jealous of your ability!

I hate getting triplets in any other situation but since Vlad won't be caring for them as toddlers it's all good!
    Oh my gosh, there's a huge spider in the cobweb next to Clifton :o

Hm, Kailani has Vlad's nose but she's a pretty girl. I wonder what her dark form will look like.

Now that you mention child protection service, how come they haven't taken away ALL of Vlad's toddlers? :o

Oh my gosh... Kailani's profile... THAT NOSE :o

The earwax-salad thing is the most digusting thing in the game. It always makes me gag seeing it :s

The new sketch paintings from DU look unfinished. I had one sim paint by free will and she suddenly stopped and I was like "You're far from being done, go on!" and when I clicked the painting I could already sell it. FAIL :D

It took really long to get triplets. There used to be a time when it was easier to get triplets but those times are long gone... And here I am and can't even have twins with the fertility trait -.-

Hm, Kailani has Vlad's nose but she's a pretty girl. I wonder what her dark form will look like.

Now that you mention child protection service, how come they haven't taken away ALL of Vlad's toddlers? :o

The earwax-salad thing is the most digusting thing in the game. It always makes me gag seeing it :s

The new sketch paintings from DU look unfinished. I had one sim paint by free will and she suddenly stopped and I was like "You're far from being done, go on!" and when I clicked the painting I could already sell it. FAIL :D

It took really long to get triplets. There used to be a time when it was easier to get triplets but those times are long gone... And here I am and can't even have twins with the fertility trait -.-
    Oh didn’t I include a picture of her dark form in the blog post? I think I put one in the second post in this thread in the list of children.

Haha the toddlers always manage to autonomously eat enough popcorn to get themselves out of the dark red before CPS comes to take them away but really they should be taken from him.

Oh the figure drawings are from DU? I thought it was an optionI hadn’t seen before!

I was surprised that Vlad didn’t get triplets before now. I’m. It sure that the fertility trait actually does much since I’ve used it and not got multiples before. The ley line lot trait seems always to at least produce twins though.

Oh didn’t I include a picture of her dark form in the blog post? I think I put one in the second post in this thread in the list of children.

Haha the toddlers always manage to autonomously eat enough popcorn to get themselves out of the dark red before CPS comes to take them away but really they should be taken from him.

Oh the figure drawings are from DU? I thought it was an optionI hadn’t seen before!

I was surprised that Vlad didn’t get triplets before now. I’m. It sure that the fertility trait actually does much since I’ve used it and not got multiples before. The ley line lot trait seems always to at least produce twins though.

You showed it a bit later in the chapter :)

Sims 4 is really dark in this aspect :joy: I'm not sure about earlier iterations but it feels like CPS came waaay faster to get the kids.

It appeared with DU. Maybe it's just a coincidence ^^

A sim I play currently has the fertility trait and only had two kids during her two pregnancies :/ My game is cursed :joy:
    edited February 2020

You showed it a bit later in the chapter :)

Sims 4 is really dark in this aspect :joy: I'm not sure about earlier iterations but it feels like CPS came waaay faster to get the kids.

It appeared with DU. Maybe it's just a coincidence ^^

A sim I play currently has the fertility trait and only had two kids during her two pregnancies :/ My game is cursed :joy:
    Oh no don’t say that about CPS! I totally agree that’s how it should be but if I think I’d give up on this challenge pretty quickly if I actually had to care for the tots!

In that case I’m sure figure drawing did come with DU. I haven’t explored the pack at all yet except for CAS and looking at the new premades. I don’t really want to play through uni until I’m done with this challenge but it was 50% off for the anniversary and I knew I’d end up buying it some time so I got it.

I don’t think your game is cursed! The trait is just crap lol

ETA: Well censorship on the forum sure has evolved. They used to replace ‘bad words’ (discuss what counts as bad...) with the word ‘plum’ but now I’m gettting flower emojis. Hmm I preferred the plum replacement system, it was more amusing.
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    So those eyes on the toddlers make them look possessed.
    edited February 2020
    Vlad and his army. The way he treats the "soldiers" during their upbringing might cause a riot tho :D In the end it will be 1 vs. 99.

Helena has cool pink eyes :o Is she the first toddler with those eyes or do I just not remember it?

Kevin looks erratic. I hope he will get that trait when he grows up :D

Caring for toddlers is exhausting. And the dungeon screenshots are so funny. I'd miss them!

I've tried uni twice but it's kinda hard work, similar with toddler care :D And both my sims I used got chubby from all the food in the dorm. And it takes soooo long to get a degree... With aging on and normal lifespan, you can barely get a degree as a young adult...

Yeah that trait is useless.

Just as the flower censoring :joy: The flowers are pretty but they disturb the reading flow... And I'm tempted to curse just to get some flowers in the comment :joy:

Edit: Apperently it doesn't censor the f-word...
    DCJ504 wrote: »
    So those eyes on the toddlers make them look possessed.
    They really do! I love them on toddlers.
    edited February 2020
    Vlad and his army. The way he treats the "soldiers" during their upbringing might cause a riot tho :D In the end it will be 1 vs. 99.

Helena has cool pink eyes :o Is she the first toddler with those eyes or do I just not remember it?

Kevin looks erratic. I hope he will get that trait when he grows up :D

Caring for toddlers is exhausting. And the dungeon screenshots are so funny. I'd miss them!

I've tried uni twice but it's kinda hard work, similar with toddler care :D And both my sims I used got chubby from all the food in the dorm. And it takes soooo long to get a degree... With aging on and normal lifespan, you can barely get a degree as a young adult...

Yeah that trait is useless.

Just as the flower censoring :joy: The flowers are pretty but they disturb the reading flow... And I'm tempted to curse just to get some flowers in the comment :joy:

Edit: Apperently it doesn't censor the f-word...

Haha you are right I think in the end Vlad might find his army less loyal than he would have hoped...

Yes Helena is the first toddler with those eyes. Alvaro also has the same eyes. But they inherited them from their mother, Elle DeVampiro, not from Vlad. I was quite pleased that 2 out of 3 of the toddlers got the glowing eyes!

I'm using the legacy challenge random trait generator so I'm not sure what traits Kevin will get. He might end up erratic, depends on what traits Elle has which I don't remember now.

I have way roo much fun with the dungeon lol.

Sounds like I might not end up playing uni much. I am always impatient for my YAs to start a family right away and I play on normal age length so I would have to use MCCC to freeze their age while they were at uni or just switch aging off for everyone. Totally realistic... You go to uni as a YA and leave as an adult (or almost an adult)! In my head YA starts at age 20 and adult starts at 40 so that would mean sims had to spend about 20 years at uni!

I use MCCC to freeze the physiques of all my sims so the weight gain thing wouldn't worry me but it would be annoying to always have to leave the lot for them to get a meal. Why can't there be kitchens in dorms?

So they don't censor the f word but they do censor the word I used a few posts back which wasnt even a swear word. Hmmm makes sense.
    Poor Chadwick! He's doing everything he can to get out of Vlad's house quickly, and Vlad just yells at him...

Oh I hate when multiples all want attention at the same time. It's so annoying!

Wow Helena's grin looks so totally evil in her age up pic. And I absolutely love that she got Elle's eyes!

Kevin's chipper looks like a very evil chipper. Must be the eyebrows lol

Oh my, Chadwick's figure drawing doesn't even compare to Vlad's masterpiece figure drawing (or that reference painting) :D

Love seeing Vlad try to do something nice for his toddlers for once. Even if they are ungrateful little [insert flower emojis here] (looking at you, Tess! At least you're not eating what basically amounts to ash now that the popcorn machine is clean)

Finally Clifton and Tess got out of the dungeon!

Nicholas is very good looking for a son of Vlad. Very impressive! If he'd been born human then Vlad would have had to turn him and his dark form would have looked the same as his human form! No Vlad nose...

At least Chadwick has nice hair... (gah I'm obsessed with the hairs from Tiny Living Stuff, and I don't even own the pack lol)

Aww good to see Clifton and Tess working together!

Poor Oliana seeing her beautiful wife stolen by an ugly vampire :joy:
    Poor Chadwick! He's doing everything he can to get out of Vlad's house quickly, and Vlad just yells at him...

Oh I hate when multiples all want attention at the same time. It's so annoying!

Wow Helena's grin looks so totally evil in her age up pic. And I absolutely love that she got Elle's eyes!

Kevin's chipper looks like a very evil chipper. Must be the eyebrows lol

Oh my, Chadwick's figure drawing doesn't even compare to Vlad's masterpiece figure drawing (or that reference painting) :D

Love seeing Vlad try to do something nice for his toddlers for once. Even if they are ungrateful little [insert flower emojis here] (looking at you, Tess! At least you're not eating what basically amounts to ash now that the popcorn machine is clean)

Finally Clifton and Tess got out of the dungeon!

Nicholas is very good looking for a son of Vlad. Very impressive! If he'd been born human then Vlad would have had to turn him and his dark form would have looked the same as his human form! No Vlad nose...

At least Chadwick has nice hair... (gah I'm obsessed with the hairs from Tiny Living Stuff, and I don't even own the pack lol)

Aww good to see Clifton and Tess working together!

Poor Oliana seeing her beautiful wife stolen by an ugly vampire :joy:

I think Vlad is getting very fed up with this challenge... I almost can’t blame him for yelling at the kids.

I was so glad that two out of Elle’s three kids got her eyes! They look especially good on toddler Helena.

Haha well now another popcorn machine has started producing burnt popcorn. I guess that one must need a wash too.

That’s a good point about Nicholas. I always consider the normal form to be the real form anyway since you can change the dark form to whatever you want.

Well Oliana is welcome to have Leila back now that I’m done with her :D
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    When you are finished it would be great to see the top 10 best looking (and worst looking - though that may be harder to pick) kids from this challenge. I would also like to see a full list of the sims who contributed their genes to Vlad's army family. I am glad you are back writing this again (and that your doggo is feeling better.)
    edited February 2020
    Becka28 wrote: »
    When you are finished it would be great to see the top 10 best looking (and worst looking - though that may be harder to pick) kids from this challenge. I would also like to see a full list of the sims who contributed their genes to Vlad's army family. I am glad you are back writing this again (and that your doggo is feeling better.)
    What a brilliant suggestion to have a top 10 best and worst looking! I shall 100% do that. I do feel like it might be a little subjective though - I mean, there are a few that would clearly be in the top 10 (e.g. Keaton, Bernardo, Nicholas) but it might be more difficult with the others and involve some amount of personal preference (e.g. is a flat face worse than a pointy chin?). I wish I could do a poll where people could pick the 10 they feel look best and the 10 they feel look worst and then count the votes but I don't know if people would bother voting on a poll with 100 options to trawl through... Or whether any platform would allow me 100 options! Oh well, it'll have to be based on my personal preferences then.

In the second post o this thread I have listed all of the kids so far and said who their other parent (I.e. donor) is. I haven't included pictures of the donors because most of them are premades but perhaps I should have.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I forgot if I have ever said how much I love this. I once tried to do a Vlad the dad... it ended badly.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
    edited February 2020
    doggers123 wrote: »
    I forgot if I have ever said how much I love this. I once tried to do a Vlad the dad... it ended badly.
    Thank you so much! I think you may have told me about what happened when you tried it but I don't entirely recall. Did Vlad die or is that me misremembering?
    Nani stretching is weird. She looks like a kid but then on the next pic she's a toddler :D

Vlad patiently waiting for Liliana to finish slapping her husband :joy: That jealousy thing is too hilarious (and ridiculous)

Oh my gosh, HELENA :o

"I think they like the dungeon" together with crying toddlers :joy:

Vlad giving birth... The look in his eyes, like "where does this baby get out of my body?" o.O :D:D