Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Elkas wrote: »
    Hey, thought I'd introduce myself here.
    I'm Thomas a college student in America, so my time is quite divided rn lmao.
    I've been playing sims pretty casually since sims 2, but only really got into modding in sims 3.
    I just recently upgraded to sims 4 and I can see that I was missing out on a whole lot of new stuff, it's been fun lmao.
    (I am mostly just trying not to melt my computer with too many cool mods lmao)
    I just really wanted to find some people that enjoy playing the sims that I can chat with, thanks.

Hello @Elkas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope your college studies are going well.
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 and now you are playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads.
    Happy simming! :)
    Heyyo! I'm Resha and I've been playing the sims for years now. I'm an avid animal lover, so I'm really hoping we can get some more animal/pet in-game content! Wouldn't it be fun to have a farm? Or zoo?! Maybe a zoo is little too crazy, but a farm would be fantastic!

Anyway, aside from my love of animals and sims, I enjoy reading (especially classic literature), cosplay and art. <3

Hello @Reshaetherion :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming for many years, You would have enjoyed playing a number of sims households over the time and seeing how their Sims lives developed in your game. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    Animals are great to have in our games!
    It is very nice that you enjoy reading. Time passes very quickly when we are enjoying reading a book!
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    Hi everyone ! I should've started here actually...
    I'm Juliette, just turned 30 last year, been simming for a long time now...I used to play the Sims 2 all the freaking time, on the family computer, it made my brothers kinda mad !
    I'm from France, so excuse any mistakes I could make in my messages, although I'm fairly good in English, but you never know !
    I actually never played the Sims 3, but I actually bought all the DLC for the Sims 4 ! I love creating Sims and playing with them, getting them to level up in their careers, I'm not so much of a builder...So the gallery is THE place where I go almost every time when I start with a new family !
    edited February 2020
    Hi everyone ! I should've started here actually...
    I'm Juliette, just turned 30 last year, been simming for a long time now...I used to play the Sims 2 all the freaking time, on the family computer, it made my brothers kinda mad !
    I'm from France, so excuse any mistakes I could make in my messages, although I'm fairly good in English, but you never know !
    I actually never played the Sims 3, but I actually bought all the DLC for the Sims 4 ! I love creating Sims and playing with them, getting them to level up in their careers, I'm not so much of a builder...So the gallery is THE place where I go almost every time when I start with a new family !

Hello @Terpichore :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 and are now playing Sims 4. It is great that you own all the Sims 4 packs! The packs add many special features, activities and cas and build items to the game,
    Creating sims is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is great to give them background stories, choose outfits that suit them,then see how their lives develop in our games.
  • NyonbobNyonbob Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! ☆彡

Nyonbob here. (o・・o)/ Calling me Nyon-tan is also fine. I'm from the smol island of tea drinkers. (*´∀`)_旦

As you can guess, I'm a newbie to this website! (ノ▽〃)

I watch anime in a party of two (me and my boyfriendo), but I don't have many (or any) friends *Sad*. ꒰๑˃͈꒳˂͈๑꒱ノ*゙ So I spend a lot of time gaming, most of them are in the anime-genre too (I can't wait to download weeby CC to my Sims game (▼-▼*) )! I have a hard time choosing favourites of anything, fun fact. <( ̄ ﹌  ̄)>

But I will make a decision on telling you my favourite Sims series!(・`ω´・) The Sims 2l! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° Dundundun, you win! All because I get super-duper nostalgic. (ノ≧∀≦)ノ Choosing a favourite series is so much easier than one favourite anime, and it has to be the anime genre of 2019.. (つ✧ω✧)つ isekai! Even easier, a genre I don't like is horror, I'm a scaredy-cat, so that should be enough explanation. ▓▒░(°◡°)░▒▓

Please look after me (or just don't hurt me)! (ノдヽ)
    Nyonbob wrote: »
    Hello! ☆彡

Nyonbob here. (o・・o)/ Calling me Nyon-tan is also fine. I'm from the smol island of tea drinkers. (*´∀`)_旦

As you can guess, I'm a newbie to this website! (ノ▽〃)

I watch anime in a party of two (me and my boyfriendo), but I don't have many (or any) friends *Sad*. ꒰๑˃͈꒳˂͈๑꒱ノ*゙ So I spend a lot of time gaming, most of them are in the anime-genre too (I can't wait to download weeby CC to my Sims game (▼-▼*) )! I have a hard time choosing favourites of anything, fun fact. <( ̄ ﹌  ̄)>

But I will make a decision on telling you my favourite Sims series!(・`ω´・) The Sims 2l! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° Dundundun, you win! All because I get super-duper nostalgic. (ノ≧∀≦)ノ Choosing a favourite series is so much easier than one favourite anime, and it has to be the anime genre of 2019.. (つ✧ω✧)つ isekai! Even easier, a genre I don't like is horror, I'm a scaredy-cat, so that should be enough explanation. ▓▒░(°◡°)░▒▓

Please look after me (or just don't hurt me)! (ノдヽ)

Hello @Nyonbob :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have played the different versions of the Sims game, and your favourite is Sims 2.
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful game tips and gameplay ideas, and enjoy posting about your sims from your game on the threads.
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    Hello fellow simmers!! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to being an avid player of the sims. I first played the Sims 1 at a friends house and then I never played it for almost decades. But, with stresses in my adult life I've found it a good outlet and something I can come home to and relax doing. I think it is such a unique and artistic game. I love seeing all of the creative things many of you do and upload to the gallery as well content creators for custom content. I'm blown away by the community and truly respect and enjoy the guru's, staff and developers for getting on our level and including us in the ideas and creative process and really taking our opinions and feedback seriously. I currently own every pack of the game and look forward to owning more as they are released and hope that the sims plan to continue investing in the sims 4 and developing it into something all simmers can continue to enjoy! I think the graphics are timeless and appropriate for all levels of gamers.
  • KerrigannKerrigann Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi everyone, as you may notice if you look at my profile, this is not a new account. I've had it for 5 years, as my badges show, but I only used it to lurk until very recently. I'm learning to deal with severe social anxiety for the first time now as a young adult. I plan to eventually start a sort of sims story with the family I'm currently playing, but it won't be a heavily edited one; it'll just be to entertain myself mostly, and keep me writing when I feel more like playing games than actually writing any of my serious stories. (Oh yeah, I'm a writer, forgot to mention that even though it's mainly why I'm on this forum now...)
    Hello fellow simmers!! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to being an avid player of the sims. I first played the Sims 1 at a friends house and then I never played it for almost decades. But, with stresses in my adult life I've found it a good outlet and something I can come home to and relax doing. I think it is such a unique and artistic game. I love seeing all of the creative things many of you do and upload to the gallery as well content creators for custom content. I'm blown away by the community and truly respect and enjoy the guru's, staff and developers for getting on our level and including us in the ideas and creative process and really taking our opinions and feedback seriously. I currently own every pack of the game and look forward to owning more as they are released and hope that the sims plan to continue investing in the sims 4 and developing it into something all simmers can continue to enjoy! I think the graphics are timeless and appropriate for all levels of gamers.

Hello @peachyfabulous :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing the original Sims 1 at a friends house and now after a break you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4. Simming is fun! It is a great way to take a restful break from real life and all our day and lives have been holding.
    It is great that you own all the packs! The packs add many enjoyable activities, features, worlds and great build mode and cas items to the game!
    Kerrigann wrote: »
    Hi everyone, as you may notice if you look at my profile, this is not a new account. I've had it for 5 years, as my badges show, but I only used it to lurk until very recently. I'm learning to deal with severe social anxiety for the first time now as a young adult. I plan to eventually start a sort of sims story with the family I'm currently playing, but it won't be a heavily edited one; it'll just be to entertain myself mostly, and keep me writing when I feel more like playing games than actually writing any of my serious stories. (Oh yeah, I'm a writer, forgot to mention that even though it's mainly why I'm on this forum now...)

Hello @Kerrigann :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums.
    I send hugs to you as you live day by day with social anxiety <3
    It is nice that you are planning to start a sims story with your current sims family. It will be enjoyable for you to write about what is happening in their lives.
    It is lovely that you are a writer :) Writing is a special way of expressing our creativity and bringing our thoughts into written words.
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    > @Kerrigann said:
    > Hi everyone, as you may notice if you look at my profile, this is not a new account. I've had it for 5 years, as my badges show, but I only used it to lurk until very recently. I'm learning to deal with severe social anxiety for the first time now as a young adult. I plan to eventually start a sort of sims story with the family I'm currently playing, but it won't be a heavily edited one; it'll just be to entertain myself mostly, and keep me writing when I feel more like playing games than actually writing any of my serious stories. (Oh yeah, I'm a writer, forgot to mention that even though it's mainly why I'm on this forum now...)

Hey Kerrigann! It's nice that you are stepping out of your comfort zone and introducing yourself. Very warm welcome to you! I wanted to respond to you because I also have chronic anxiety and really just wanted to encourage you. I look forward to seeing your posts on the forums. Best of luck with your sims family. :)
  • neuroandproudneuroandproud Posts: 67 Member
    Hello. I'm Kaydin and I have Asperger's Syndrome. The first time I ever played the Sims was on my DS. Then I moved from Nintendo to Playstation to play The Sims 4 and I love it. I haven't played in like 2 years and will be getting back into the game when I save enough money to buy a new PS4.
    Kaydin/KayKay
    Hello. I'm Kaydin and I have Asperger's Syndrome. The first time I ever played the Sims was on my DS. Then I moved from Nintendo to Playstation to play The Sims 4 and I love it. I haven't played in like 2 years and will be getting back into the game when I save enough money to buy a new PS4.

Hello @KaydinHarrill :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the DS version then enjoyed playing the PlayStation version of Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will soon be able to afford to buy a new PS4 .
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads as you save up the money :)
    @rosemow Thanks! I definitely will be posting here so I'm able to eventually have a profile photo. But that's besides the point. I've always been a Simmer by watching my parents do it on the computer. The games I played on my DS/3DS (yes, I had both handheld devices). I accidentally left my DS out and the dog (then just a pup) and when I saw the commercial for the 3DS, I knew I had to have it. The older gen 3DS, that is. I also play The Sims Mobile on my phone. I forgot to mention that before.
    Kaydin/KayKay
    @rosemow Thanks! I definitely will be posting here so I'm able to eventually have a profile photo. But that's besides the point. I've always been a Simmer by watching my parents do it on the computer. The games I played on my DS/3DS (yes, I had both handheld devices). I accidentally left my DS out and the dog (then just a pup) and when I saw the commercial for the 3DS, I knew I had to have it. The older gen 3DS, that is. I also play The Sims Mobile on my phone. I forgot to mention that before.

You’re welcome :)
  • AndyMeadesonAndyMeadeson Posts: 25 Member
    Hello, all, I'm AndyMeadeson. I am a newbie to Sims and to this forum. I'm still exploring the mechanics of live game play and with creating/decorating structures. A civil engineer by day, I rather enjoy the game's building aspects. I'm hoping to participate in forum blueprint or room challenges in the near future, once I raise my points/badge status to where it needs to be. I'm also curious about other types of game play challenges. A little bit of googling has shown me there's plenty of opportunities out there. Can't wait to learn more about this game!
    [quote="AndyMeadeson;c-17414997"]Hello, all, I'm AndyMeadeson. I am a newbie to Sims and to this forum. I'm still exploring the mechanics of live game play and with creating/decorating structures. A civil engineer by day, I rather enjoy the game's building aspects. I'm hoping to participate in forum blueprint or room challenges in the near future, once I raise my points/badge status to where it needs to be. I'm also curious about other types of game play challenges. A little bit of googling has shown me there's plenty of opportunities out there. Can't wait to learn more about this game![/quote]

Since I suck at building houses in the game, I have to use a blueprint from Pinterest. Or I use EA's builds.
    Kaydin/KayKay
    Hello, all, I'm AndyMeadeson. I am a newbie to Sims and to this forum. I'm still exploring the mechanics of live game play and with creating/decorating structures. A civil engineer by day, I rather enjoy the game's building aspects. I'm hoping to participate in forum blueprint or room challenges in the near future, once I raise my points/badge status to where it needs to be. I'm also curious about other types of game play challenges. A little bit of googling has shown me there's plenty of opportunities out there. Can't wait to learn more about this game!

Hello @AndyMeadeson :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are a civil engineer.You would enjoy bringing aspects of your career work into your Sim builds. It is very nice that you are planning to enter the blueprint and room challenges. I will look forward to seeing your entries :)
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com

@KaydinHarrill Yeah, I'm not too savvy with complete custom house builds yet. So far, I've been using houseplans from different internet building sites for major inspiration. I've also tried to building starter homes under 20,000 simoleons or cheats, just for fun.
    Hi, @rosemow! Thanks for that direction to Carl's Sims 4 site. I stumbled on to it a little bit ago when I was looking for how to design and overlay roof structures, but it certainly seems like there's plenty more on that site. Especially with the Guides tab you pointed out. Thanks!
    Hi, @rosemow! Thanks for that direction to Carl's Sims 4 site. I stumbled on to it a little bit ago when I was looking for how to design and overlay roof structures, but it certainly seems like there's plenty more on that site. Especially with the Guides tab you pointed out. Thanks!

You’re welcome! :)
  • Tipsymermaid9719Tipsymermaid9719 Posts: 16 Member
    @tracynottracey welcome! I really enjoy Get To Work, mostly for the build your own business aspect, but another cool feature is getting to go to work with your sims in certain careers. How do you like Cats and Dogs? I've been considering getting that one next.
  • karina23karina23 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hiya Simmers, I've been playing sims since 2007 and honestly it's my favourite game still. Used to own all the sims2 expansion packs. The reason I made this account is that I need your help! I’m writing my university dissertation on game purchasing habits and would need help with collecting data. If you could spare 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire I would be eternally grateful! https://forms.gle/19tLG9XD2E4mJXfW9 Thanks so much. My love for sims inspired me to pick this topic and hopefully I can do it justice with your help!
    karina23 wrote: »
    Hiya Simmers, I've been playing sims since 2007 and honestly it's my favourite game still. Used to own all the sims2 expansion packs. The reason I made this account is that I need your help! I’m writing my university dissertation on game purchasing habits and would need help with collecting data. If you could spare 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire I would be eternally grateful! https://forms.gle/19tLG9XD2E4mJXfW9 Thanks so much. My love for sims inspired me to pick this topic and hopefully I can do it justice with your help!

Hello @karina23 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since 2007. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time playing, creating and building!
    It is great that your university dissertation is on game purchasing habits. When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in this section of the forums and post about your questionnaire there.

You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

I hope your studies go well.

• lilybluesimslilybluesims Posts: 19 Member
    Hello. I'm new here (obviously lol). I've had Sims 4 for a while now, but I 've only been playing consistently since the beginning of this year. Mostly because I decided to try out the Disney Princess Challenge. It's been a lot of fun so far, but of course I have a lot to figure out. Nice to meet y'all (^-^)/
    xz1R97il.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top