Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #134 - Hawthorne X: The Ravenwoods
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See
    NEW LOT LINK: 'Bloody cool Steampunk'
    LOT COST: $ 1,500
    GALLERY COST: $ 37,515
    TOTAL COST: $ 39,015
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Bloody cool Steampunks {BnS #134 }
    ENTRY DETAILS: The countryside of Windenburg was scoured for the perfect location as specified by Lord & Lady Ravenwood. An area called "Cottage Am See " fit our budget ( Empty lot cost $ 1,500 ) . Although the lot size is 20 x 20 all of what was specified by the Ravenwood's was accomplished..Using the considerable amount of valuables, and left overs that were discarded from the broken time machine. It was time to think out of the box and get creative. Keeping in mind a request by Lady Ravenwood the finished home reflects the aesthetics of the 1880's.This Steampunk Home in the country is surrounded by nothing but nature.The location is quiet and surrounded by a lake. {Am See means "at the lake" in German } So there will be a place for Lord Ravenwood to fish and a plot for a fruit & Vegetable garden. There is room enough to work on inventions and repairing the time-machine . This Home was created using many debug items. I had to think out of the box and get creative, in ways this builder has not done, ever..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Photos by Ninnster in the gallery & artwork by FruitLoops40, Juwels64 &SimSationalToo in the gallery
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

87181598_2639287262958015_6083598609578721280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=2jM81jXTTxEAX-EJybu&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=79212ac041e16853d00c9e83e54918e5&oe=5EFBE911

86468512_2635460883340653_2195390825616113664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=8EJTNr9GW7cAX-ihM0J&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=f3cb5689f352714dd545d04c2759161a&oe=5EFA5885

• SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @AliSim19 Such a lovely and interesting build!! Tons of character! Love it! Thanks for the tag <hugs>! ♥♥♥♥
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you @SheriGR :)<3

@Pinkusfamily Firstly, love the name 😁😁 And very cool idea to do the house steampunk! Definitely thinking outside the box, love it <3
  • SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    @Allears Thank you!

I'm on my third house now. I keep getting it in at 41-43K, but can't get it below. This one is definitely a toughie!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Summer Home in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Timeless Beauty
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    GALLERY COST: $36,987.00
    TOTAL COST: $39,987.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Ravenwood's
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have chosen to build a small Victorian style home for the Ravenwood's. It has a fireplace on each level of the home for heat, as this is an off grid home. There is one indoor bathroom as well as a small outhouse. The house contains a study where Lady Ravenwood can read and practice her Violin, but I have given here a beautiful flower garden where she can enjoy painting the scenery outdoors. Lord Ravenwood has a workshop where he can continue to fix his time machine as well as work on other new inventions. The large yard will be a wonderful place for their children to play as they grow older, should they choose to stay in this time period.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    cubmgTi.png
    3VUP24s.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited February 2020
    ❤️You guys!❤️those little Victorian houses are so lovely!

FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Glimmerbrook Watch
    NEW LOT LINK: Lady Ravenwood Cottage
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 37949
    TOTAL COST: 39949
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS134 Ravenwood
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a small Victorian inspired cottage. Lady Ravenwood would have been accustomed to a grand Victorian home with a room for each activity and all the rooms filled with every manner of knick knacks, heavy curtains and bright wall papers. By contrast, this cottage is tiny, though the game assures me it exceeds 100 tiles. It is probably more sparsely furnished & decorated than these clients would prefer. I have used impossible wall paper colours: bright green and lilac to help Lady Elizabeth feel at home despite the sparse furnishing and decoration. I have added art by Jlewi38 of exotic travel destinations and vintage paintings as these SIMs are probably very well travelled and interested in discovering whatever they can find to learn about. This lot has landscaped gardens to help it feel more full and interesting. It can work off-grid even in freezing temperatures. The lot has its own well and all the lighting is by candles and lanterns. Debug lighting has been added to photograph but the lot is playable without the extra lighting. The home has a basement with a space to wash up after crafting and gardening and a full bath. The main floor houses the main living area, the master and a kitchen and back porch built of stone so that if there is a kitchen fire hopefully the house can be saved. Upstairs is one bedroom set as a hobby room. The well has surface access to water the garden. There is a water tower for water pressure in the house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: art by jlewi38
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    VfwZ4dE.png

m6vzExa.png
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @AliSim19 . I took the name from the description of the Challenge & when I took the Ravenwood family from the Gallery- I followed their description too.. Its my First Steampunk Creation.

I love everyone's entries !

So much Creative Energy here !

Diane Pinkus
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2020
    FORUM ID: Lehua
    ORIGIN ID: CC1552
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Ravenwood Hideaway
    NEW LOT LINK: Ravenwood Hideaway
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $37,752
    TOTAL COST: $39,752
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Ravenwood Hideaway
    please note there have been changes in some of the art used, the previous art kept being marked as custom content so this link shows the changes
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Mr. Ravenwood wanted a simple home while Mrs. Ravenwood missed the aesthetics of their time and wanted a home in the country. So I created the Ravenwood Hideaway! There is a fishing pond not far for Mr. Ravenwood to travel to. The location is in the woods where there are no neighbors only trees. Mr. Ravenwood requested a work shop so one was built w/the addition of a lovely green house since he does like to garden as well. Mrs. Ravenwood has her own little hobby room for creating paints or music and they can both enjoy time together in the lovely parlor room or entertain guests. The dining room is simple and as well as the kitchen. The bathroom has everything they need. The baby has it's own room that it can grow into. The Ravenwoods have their own little bedroom as well.
    Also please note that the workshop & greenhouse are actually part of the 2nd level so anything changed there changes the 2nd level of the house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    lixJ8VD.png
    Eg2yZjt.png

Post edited by Lehua on
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    edited February 2020
    The builds are all wonderful!
    Post edited by jadeiam on
    FORUM ID: SE08
    ORIGIN ID: SE08
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: A Time Traveller's Abode
    NEW LOT LINK: (Will post later; the item shows up in the gallery in-game, but does not show up on the internet when the game isn't open. If anybody knows how to fix this please let me know!)
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $38,130
    TOTAL COST: $39,630
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/j3mW0dD

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Lord and Lady Ravenwood are trapped in a time that is not their own, however, they were able to design a home that is filled with all the trappings of their time. While it does not possess the same grandeur of their estate, Lord and Lady Ravenwood nonetheless worked together with architects and artisans to create a home that is uniquely their own. The kitchen is small, but bright and well-appointed (as most Victorian kitchens were), and while the dining room is not large enough to host the opulent parties of their time, it is nonetheless lavish. The living room boasts floor to ceiling windows that overlook the countryside, and a crackling fire in a wood stove keeps the room warm on long winter days. Lord Ravenwood requested for his workshop to be tucked away, and so it is hidden behind a secret bookcase. Here, Lord Ravenwood has spent his time inventing a suite of robots to perform the duties that the servants in the estate of their time once carried out. Up the stairs- which are guarded by a triad of skeletal warriors from a dig in Selvadorada- is where the family's personal rooms are. Massive, steampunk-style windows dominate the Lord and Lady's bedroom (offering plenty of light and providing sweeping views of the countryside), and the newborn twins' nursery offers a calming view of the lake. Lady Ravenwood's private room is also tucked away at the top of the stairs, providing her a place to read, paint, and play the violin to her heart's content.

The garden outside is small, for now, but Lord and Lady Ravenwood plan to collect more plant specimens as time goes on and expand their garden accordingly. Eventually, after a few more digs in Selvadorada, and the sale of a few more collectibles, the Lord and Lady plan to build a greenhouse so they can have fresh produce all year long.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: buttercup wall candle holder (plastic box), wood burning stove (Severinka)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img][/img]8nnNHEg.jpg
    [img][/img]icvfCKk.jpg

@Pinkusfamily I love how yours feels almost like a warehouse- very industrial! It's not at all what I envisioned for where a Lord and Lady would live, but these are not a "normal" Lord and Lady. It's so creative!

@Lehua Your garden is GORGEOUS! I also love your greenhouse!

@JojoMOMSTER I love how cute and tiny the house is! It's so cozy!!!

@alijay I LOVE the idea of a fireplace in the bathroom. I never would have thought of that. Also, your time machine is so creative! What a great idea!
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Y'all are some of the most amazing builders ever. I am in awe!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
    If you made a mistake but already submited your entry can you take it back and resubmit?
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Lehua Thankfully you can tweak as many times as you like before the deadline, I’ve had to do it on several occasions!
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Lehua Thankfully you can tweak as many times as you like before the deadline, I’ve had to do it on several occasions!

Thanks will do then!
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2020
    CHALLENGE #134--Hawthorne X: The Ravenwood’s
    Forum ID: MaryKup
    Origin ID: MaryKup
    Level: just starting out in BnS
    Link to lot: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/94AD047D57EF11EA8653F3BE3F5E93AB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    Lot cost 1,500
    Gallery Cost: 38,481
    My build cost: 24139981
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/u3Lp0Np

The Ravenwood’s have moved to Willow Creek, a quiet cul-de-sac near the river. The found a remodeled trailer that has 2 bedrooms, one bath, an eat in kitchen, a desk and such for Lord Ravenwood. There is a cozy fire, easel, chess set and violin for Lady Ravenwood to enjoy the arts she loves. Out back is a robot station as Lord Ravenwood loves to tinker and he has also discovered beekeeping which will be beneficial to the plants Lady Ravenwood is dreaming of planting once the weather warms up. Lady Ravenwood is expecting and has already decorated the nursery for the new bundle of joy.
    No CC was used. Move objects, show hidden and testing cheat were used.
    Post edited by MaryKup on
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2020
    CHALLENGE #134 – Hawthone X: The Ravenwoods
    FORUM ID: OccipitalLobe
    ORIGIN ID: Chapscher
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Garliclauter Place
    NEW LOT LINK: East Bernard House
    LOT COST: 1,500
    GALLERY COST: 38,405
    TOTAL COST: 39,905
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Take the tour!
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS127 East Bernard House is a Queen Anne inspired home with a cozy parlor, a dining room, a kitchen, a conservatory that has been partially altered into a small workout room, a spacious garden, a full bath, a baby’s room (with space for growth), and a master bedroom. This home has many skill-based items and areas that your sims are sure to enjoy.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: ChapscherMKE
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    t4X6jyF.png
    TeAWLVR.png

Post edited by OccipitalLobe on
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2020
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #134 - Hawthorne X: The Ravenwoods.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: ERROR =(
    LOT
    COST: 2000.
    LOT NAME: Dock Den, Windenburg.
    GALLERY COST: 37976.
    TOTAL COST: 39976.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/E4npue3?third_party=1#_=_
    ENTRY DETAILS: A new home for the growing Ravenwood family! 
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:  None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 

a1yQx40.png
    9QQSxNp.png
    Post edited by Devilariah on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2020
    You have a little more time to get those builds in! The new challenge will be posted tomorrow. Anyone up for a Designer Showdown?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited March 2020
    FORUM ID: Kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: Kittkat7147
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery is not working for me to get link right now :? But you can find it by searching my username or #BnS134
    GALLERY COST: 38,480
    TOTAL COST: 39,980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/f0tFFV4
    ENTRY DETAILS: I get a steampunk vibe from @4Sanne 's lovely couple, so that is the inspiration for this home. It has everything a couple new to the 21st century would need without all the distracting electronics of our time.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: custom art from @AlJay , @Ninnster , & @Babewire

84nK4Ln.png
    Post edited by KittKat7147 on
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS134 Hawthorne Project X is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2020
    p2wk3rg.png

Calling all designers! It's time to show off your awesome skills in our Spring Designer Showdown!!!

In the showdown, you have a foundation and 3 items on counters. ( Please disregard the counters. They may be sold back for money.) Place the lot on the Bargain Bend lot in Willow Creek, in any direction that will fit. Choose ONE of the three items to include in your build WITH THE COLORS GIVEN. Sell back the other items. You may not add anything to increase the size of the foundation given, except if adding stairs makes you add a space. You can build only on the foundation given. You can put walls of any kind and fences any where you wish on the foundation. Your design should reflect the item you chose and its given colors. You can change the size of the items, but not the colors.

Rules:
    *NO changes to the foundation size or shape, except if adding stairs automatically adds a space.
    *Pick only one object for your inspiration. You can change its size but not its colors. Include your selected item in the build.
    *No basements.
    *You can build in the yard as long as it is not attached to the house. Any required rooms cannot be off of the foundation.
    *You can use any fences, walls, windows, and doors that you wish. You can designate any space on the foundation as a porch or room (so indoor or outdoor space).
    *The lot must be fully landscaped.

The Brief:
    • *the budget is $103,440, which includes the lot as is.
    • 4 separate bedrooms/sleeping spaces
    • at least 2 and a 1/2 bathrooms.
    • a kitchen and place to eat.
    • a study, living room, and media area--in any combination or all separate.
    • laundry, either on or off the foundation.
    • any other rooms or areas you wish to include.
    • the build can be as many floors as you want up but no basements.
    • Please include a picture of the ground floor from overhead with the grid on so that we can verify no changes were made to the foundation.
    • A spring theme is recommended but not demanded.

INSTALL LOT FROM THE IN-GAME GALLERY: Search for Hashtag #BnS135. The lot is by Iampes23 and is titled "Spring Designer Showdown"

Due to the nature of the build, there is no Sims or Room challenge this month.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Can the height of the foundation be changed? sorry if i have missed that in the info :)
    rzsH227.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Can the height of the foundation be changed? sorry if i have missed that in the info :)

No.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top