Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

found a game you guys might like

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
CHANGE: A Homeless Survival Experience
is a fun game if you like rages to riches you will like this game
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I know it was a typo but "rages to riches" also sounds really fun!

So what's your change? I did a homeless survival experience with Anders Johansen, who was a homeless teen starting with no money on the empty lot Mid-Nowhere in Windenburg. He eventually made it big, but it was such a grind, always being in survival mode, that it took a toll on his social life that he never quite got over.

So tell us more about your homeless survival experience?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I've never finished one in the sims yet but of started them a few times before my first was in sims 3
    and the others in 4 never try it in 2 because its already hard to keep them alive respect who tried it in sims 1 though
    @Nushnushganay
    So do you have a set of rules you go by for that?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited February 2020
    start out with zero money no house park food is only ok in winter because you cant catch fish or harvest things you are allowed to buy a camp fire and a bench at the start and a toilet a bush if you have it no job your free to do any hobbies if you make enough money to buy the object you need or you find the object by fishing in hard mode you start in winter you can get a job once you build a small house with everything a sim needs to make it more difficult no winter clothing when you sleep so you have to be near the fire to keep warm @Nushnushganay
    new sims make it harder to do which is nice but I suggest your favorite sim or sims
    Sounds a lot like what I did with Anders... I was cursing myself for starting in Spring...there was nothing to forage and it was still cold and sometimes snowy in Windenburg! But I don't have Outdoor Retreat, so no campfire to warm by.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    what about a bon fire ? @Nushnushganay
    can a sim actually get warm from those? I hadn't found it to be anything they could stay warm while sleeping next to. I know they can cozy up around it with another sim but that's a romance interaction. They can't use the bonfire to cook or eat, or warm themselves as far as I know. I could be wrong/

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited February 2020
    yes @Nushnushganay they cant cook on it though but I'm pretty sure if your sims a slob they can rummage for food in the trash
    you could give your sims that trait by using a cheat or by using the change trait reward @Nushnushganay
    What Anders did was go to bars and get free chips, and then when he could sing well enough to busk for money, he could buy a few meals that way. He also joined that club all about cooking, so he had a place to bathe, get warm, take a nap, and eat. But that would break the rules of your survival game, right? Have you posted the rules, or were you going off of some already posted?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    What Anders did was go to bars and get free chips, and then when he could sing well enough to busk for money, he could buy a few meals that way. He also joined that club all about cooking, so he had a place to bathe, get warm, take a nap, and eat. But that would break the rules of your survival game, right? Have you posted the rules, or were you going off of some already posted?

thats just what I use when I play but yours sounds good to @Nushnushganay
    Would love to hear how yours goes next time you do one.

xicwqMCm.jpg

okay @Nushnushganay

okay @Nushnushganay

okay I did it on hard in winter my sim froze because he wouldn't stay near the fire with his pj's on
    I haven't given up how ever and will try again also I used the cursed lot trait @Nushnushganay
    That stinks. Sorry to hear that. I guess when they go to sleep, they change out of cold weather clothes no matter what. Not realistic, but fatal.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    That stinks. Sorry to hear that. I guess when they go to sleep, they change out of cold weather clothes no matter what. Not realistic, but fatal.

oh it wasn't that its just he kept wanting to go shovel snow across the road for some reason while in his pjs lol
    I don't mind the freezing that the point of the hard challenge @Nushnushganay