Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Packs to Get?

EmpressVelEmpressVel Posts: 38 Member
Hiyya,

I need some guidance and this could potentially spark up a conversation, lol.

Making use of the new Sims sale and creating a bundle pack.

With the Game Pack, trying to decide on Dine Out or Jungle Adventure. I do use CC in my game but I'm after more options for walls, flooring, lighting (I currently have Spa Day and Parenthood)

Also with the Stuff Packs, is Tiny living worth it?

Any help would be great!
Origin ID: EmpressVel
"Unless they paying your bills, pay them b*tches no mind" - RuPaul

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not sure you can use sale and bundle at the same time...
    Anyway, about game packs, and considering you own parenthood and spa day, i would advise you with dine out. I use it in all my games, and haven't felt any bugs... but people complain a lot about it... i can't imagine playing without restaurants. You can go there with friends/family/date, celebrate birthdays there... i haven't tried owning a restaurant though.
    But JA is also a great pack. Exploring is cool, bb style is one of my favourites in the game and just enjoying a vacation in Selvadorada is cool. You can learn new local recipes, Selvadoradian culture and the local dance...

I dont own TL so cant help...
  • renee3124renee3124 Posts: 10 New Member
    Personally, I like JA more than DO. I use the CAS and BB items from JA way more. The wall tiles that came with JA are some of my favorite. The Dine Out game play parts always lagged, and actually dining out took (takes?) forever, so I tend to avoid those features of the game. It was soooooo great being asked on a date and then getting stuck with the bill.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I prefer Jungle Adventure to Dine Out, mainly because we get a new world (which is beautiful) and unlike waiting for food in restaurants, exploring the world doesn't take several hours at a time. They still have never fixed the restaurant issue but everything else about the pack is great, CAS & B/B.
    1500x500.jpg
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Which Packs to Get?
    Six

Well, since there is no guarantee that you will like the same as others, just choose one that looks interesting :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• EmpressVelEmpressVel Posts: 38 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Which Packs to Get?
    Six

Well, since there is no guarantee that you will like the same as others, just choose one that looks interesting :)

Thanks nindigo, I ended up just getting the one pack but still tempted with Tiny Living! lol
    I prefer Jungle Adventure to Dine Out, mainly because we get a new world (which is beautiful) and unlike waiting for food in restaurants, exploring the world doesn't take several hours at a time. They still have never fixed the restaurant issue but everything else about the pack is great, CAS & B/B.

I had no idea you get another world with it! Very tempting now.
    telmarina wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can use sale and bundle at the same time...
    Anyway, about game packs, and considering you own parenthood and spa day, i would advise you with dine out. I use it in all my games, and haven't felt any bugs... but people complain a lot about it... i can't imagine playing without restaurants. You can go there with friends/family/date, celebrate birthdays there... i haven't tried owning a restaurant though.
    But JA is also a great pack. Exploring is cool, bb style is one of my favourites in the game and just enjoying a vacation in Selvadorada is cool. You can learn new local recipes, Selvadoradian culture and the local dance...

I dont own TL so cant help...

I had a look and you can! instead of like $90 it's like $56 or something so it's not bad! Yeah, if a few people are having issues with it lagging, I'm worried my little laptop won't handle it, lol
    renee3124 wrote: »
    Personally, I like JA more than DO. I use the CAS and BB items from JA way more. The wall tiles that came with JA are some of my favorite. The Dine Out game play parts always lagged, and actually dining out took (takes?) forever, so I tend to avoid those features of the game. It was soooooo great being asked on a date and then getting stuck with the bill.

Okay, call me stupid but I don't know what CAS or BB is. I just know CC, lol
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2020
    @EmpressVel JA is a great pack. You're going to enjoy.
    Cas means Creat a Sim (hairstyles, clothes, etc...) and BB means Build and Buy items (furniture, build elements like wall paint, doors, windows...)
    I think that price is bundle price only. The bundle is a way to get an ep, gp and sp for a smaller price. It's always available. But is not related to the 20th anniversary sale.
  • Tipsymermaid9719Tipsymermaid9719 Posts: 16 Member
    I've seen some really fun speed builds on youtube using the Tiny Living pack. I've been considering getting it myself! My most recent purchase was Laundry Day stuff and I love the farmhouse style decor that comes with it! The new rugs and round table are perfect!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    The whole reason I got Dine Out was going to restaurants to eat out (similar to DO in TS2 Nightlife; rabbit hole in TS3 base) was in previous versions of the franchise. And that was it. I've placed a couple of the pre-created restaurants in Newcrest, and my Sims visit them regularly, just haven't bothered with building and managing them; EA's main selling point with it.

Jungle Adventures is probably gonna be my next Game Pack. I think it has a whole lot more; in terms of one of my favorite things to do in the game is explore worlds to see what they offer.