Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Cement Don't make me put the bird in the cage ok

😘

@AudreyFld <3 But the toddlers are so cute, there's nowhere to go but down! Except in height, I guess. LOL.

They are, but .... Sage as a teen! <3 Only up!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    There's a very selfish part of me that believes you should be chained to your computer and made to produce more and more Fangs stories. But in reality I know how tiring it can be to spend years on a project and need to recharge. I won't deny I'll miss this lot and your writing, it's been keeping me sane at certain points and it's given me something to look forward to, so for that thankyou for sharing your characters and the inside of your mind. I'll keep a look out for you should you decide to start up again, or if you decide to write something completely different and I'd ask you to give me a shout if you do. Thanks again for sharing, it's been great and I'll never forget the sock puppet sun god :)
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Standing ovation to you for this marvelous story!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I don't remember how I found you and your wonderful story but so glad I did! I've loved every minute of it and will always remember the characters with a smile on my face! :)

Byron made me laugh with all his antics and just him being him! And then there was <3 Daisy <3 I still love her. Lani was such a sweetie and I love her too. Don't get me wrong I loved all of them and this story too! <3

If you do stop now or if you just take a break, know that I will miss your story as I will miss your fabulous skill with writing! Thank you for the last threes years! I wouldn't take it back ever!!

<3<3<3<3
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Bloosmoo I'm going to cry! Honestly, writing this has given me something to look forward to and helped keep me sane at various points (and driven me crazy at others LOL), so it means a lot to hear it did the same for you. It also did keep me chained to the computer, all those screenshots, aaa. But thank you for understanding the need to recharge. <3

If I do start another project anytime soon, it may be a much more manageable one with a smaller cast... (Famous last words, right?) I'll definitely make sure you know about it. <3:mrgreen:

@haswh Thank youuu! <3<3 I've always loved your super positive comments! It was fun seeing you get so excited for certain characters and chapters. I'll never forget the Daisy Fan Club or that t-shirt!

I definitely felt the love! <3

Thank you for reading all this time! I'll miss your comments too.
    uduVcAP.png
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thank you for this three years of stories and 4 generations of families. From the start with Byron & Bianca (and Penny and Lysander and the others) to their great-grandchildren now it's been fun to read about them and to enjoy the screenshots. :)

Wow Sage takes a lot after his mom! And Wren is a cutie, also curious to see how she looks when she grows up. :smile: And all the (other) toddlers ofcourse. ;)

But hey, enjoy your new free time first. Three years keeping to a schedule and being productive, I can only applaud to that.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
    @Sassie Sassie!! (I'll miss saying your name! :mrgreen: ) Wow, crazy to think that Byron and Bianca et al have great-grandchildren I remember when they were centuries-old children themselves, LOL.
    I actually aged Wren up today to see what she looked like, I had no idea! She definitely looks like a Blackwell, LOL. Maybe I'll post the kids' pics down the line...

And thanks so much!! Being productive is exhausting. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    I'm reading the comments and can't believe this has been going on for three years! I forget that as i'm new to reading the story that it has been around for longer. Today is a sad day for the forums. :'(:'(:'(
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    edited February 2020
    I actually aged Wren up today to see what she looked like, I had no idea! She definitely looks like a Blackwell, LOL. Maybe I'll post the kids' pics down the line...

And thanks so much!! Being productive is exhausting. ;)

I feel like this would require another epilogue? or maybe an epilogue split into 30-60 parts ? :D:D:D

And actually now that I think about it I'm a little sad that some of the older characters didn't make a comeback for this final epilogue, i was totally expecting Cirrus to use his "memories/echo" power to like look back on past characters. :#>:)
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

@Minty1992 Yeah, ol' Fangs has been kicking for a while now! :mrgreen: Its 3-year anniversary was actually at the end of last month. Each gen took me at least half a year to write. Gen 3 took an entire year! :scream:

LOL, that'd be quite some epilogue. ;) It's been hard saying goodbye to my favorites from previous gens to make room for the younger characters (or just side characters who got their time in the spotlight), but alas, that's how it goes!
    uduVcAP.png
  • MythologicatMythologicat Posts: 19 Member
    Congratulations on your (possibly final?! 😭) chapter! What a great gen, and what a great Fangs family!

I certainly hope that this is not the last of your writing that I get to read (even if it’s not Fangs related), but even if it is, I am so glad to have been along for the ride with all of these other wonderful readers. You have such a talent for crafting and writing uniquely flawed, entertaining, and endearing characters and every chapter was a joy to read. Enjoy your hard-earned break!! πŸ₯³
    @Mythologicat Thank youuu! I'll enjoy my break a lot (and miss my characters and all of you, of course).

I'm sure I'll always have ideas for something in the back of my mind, even if it's not Fangs related. The screenshotting is the hard part though, LOL. *shakes fist*

May you reach Member status soon! :mrgreen:
    uduVcAP.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thank you for all your hard work creating these stories. They've been a true delight to read. :smiley:

This feels like a good ending, and I know that can be a tough call sometimes, especially with fans clamoring for more. But a good storyteller knows when to end it and how to end it well. And I think you did that. I've seen too many beloved TV and anime shows pushed on way past the point of the writers being inspired, and I've seen how doing that gradually settles into a rut and becomes not worth watching any more. There's always some point, after the fact, that even the die-hard fans can point to and say "they should have ended it here".

You are a skilled and creative writer as well as an artist in your screen shot taking. Your characters are always engaging. Your dialogue and point of view shifts are well written and entertaining. Having read all four stories in fairly rapid succession, since I came late to the party, I think your earlier plots were more inventive and devious than this final one, though. Even though I was enjoying the character growth, I sensed you had lost some of your energy in this final round, so your news that this is the end does not surprise me.

It's hard for us, your readers and fans, because we of course want you to come back and entertain us some more. :cry: We are so demanding. :lol: But I am certain you will continue to do creative projects, whatever form they might take. Thank you for sharing this one with us. :heart:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @GlacierSnow Thank you for reading them!

And yeah, I'm with you on feeling like it's a good place to end the series. I've tied up all the major loose ends, multi-generational issues have been worked through, and everyone's feeling pretty good. I know what you mean about series going on for way too long, and that's definitely something I worry about with Fangs!

Thank you for all the compliments. <3 It's funny you should say that about losing energy, because it happened with every single gen. I'd start off super excited and inspired and motivated and the chapters would just pour out of me, and then I'd hit a point (usually in the middle of the gen) where I'd be like, why am I doing this help get me out of here I need a break NO MORE SCREENSHOTS aaa!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream: But I felt I owed it to both my readers and my characters to finish what I started.

And then usually by the end of a gen I'm already clamoring to write the next one...but with this one, I just had a feeling that this is where it stops. I'm sure I'll do other things too though!
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    YES!!!

You MUST give us ONE freakin pic of all those toddlers grown up! We don't need pairings, just them in a pose that shows their personality (that should only take a few hours...or heck, have Cement do some for you for old times sake)

PLEEEEEAZZZZE???? πŸ€—
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick But wouldn't you rather use your imagination? :mrgreen:

If I do, it'll be a bit! I'm setting all things Fangs aside for a while. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @pammiechick But wouldn't you rather use your imagination? :mrgreen:

If I do, it'll be a bit! I'm setting all things Fangs aside for a while. <3

No hurry! But yeah...maybe an anniversary issue or something. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I do miss having your Fangs to read. And I especially miss Bianca. I may have to go back and re-read from the beginning.
    @MVWdeZT <3 Aww, someone told me today it was weird having a "Fangs-less Friday." It's definitely weird for me, not posting when I did it for so long. (And I miss Bianca too!)
    uduVcAP.png