Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing mesh

AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
edited July 2022 in CAS Custom Content
Does anyone know where I can find the mesh for this hairstyle?

Screen%20Shot%202020-02-23%20at%209.46.51%20pm_zpspwp49vr5.png

I downloaded it from Berryqueerbear on Tumblr, but the link to the mesh doesn't work anymore. If there's a way around this, please let me know, because these might be the best recolours I've seen so far.
#ConsistencyForAliensTS4
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the mesh for this hairstyle?

Screen%20Shot%202020-02-23%20at%209.46.51%20pm_zpspwp49vr5.png

I downloaded it from Berryqueerbear on Tumblr, but the link to the mesh doesn't work anymore. If there's a way around this, please let me know, because these might be the best recolours I've seen so far.

If you have the mesh for the male recolor, you can use Sims 4 Studio to add the female tags. You'll need a membership to download the program but, it's free.

Open the program and choose My CC from the main page. A new window will open and on the left, you will see a list of everything in your Mods folder. Choose the file name for the mesh, in this case, it's Rayleen_chickenbutthairM.package . A picture with the hair will appear in the middle and a column on the right with options. Under Age & Gender Flags tick the box next to Female then Apply To All Swatches. Scroll down a bit and under Fashion Choice tick the box next to Feminine then Apply To All Swatches. Finally, choose the green Save button on the bottom right corner of the screen. The mesh hair will now work for Male and Female sims.

You will need to repeat the above steps with Berryqueerbear* files:
    EA_BG_cmSurfer_YM_Crystallum_BerryQueerBear.package
    EA_BG_cmSurfer_YM_Extra_BerryQueerBear.package

You should delete the YF versions of the recolors because one is completely broken and with the fix you just did, the other is not neede

* when you are in CAS the female version of the Berryqueerbear files will not have the cute little alien thumbnail. It will have the same picture as the mesh file with a Berryqueerbear color.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited February 2020
    I followed your instructions, but I can't find that hairstyle in-game, and several others aren't working properly. Do all the files need to be unzipped?

EDIT: I think I've found it, but most of the child-to-adult and adult male-to-child conversions are glitchy. Currently testing all the hairstyles to see which ones work.
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    I am confused as to how you followed my instructions if the files are zipped. CC must be unzipped in order to work in the game or to be seen in Sims 4 Studio.

Here is the download link for the mesh you need to make the Surf hair work:
    https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/162604102714/thatrayleen-chickenbutt-hair-whoops-there-it
    as I said in my post it's the male mesh and needs to be enabled for females, otherwise, the hair only works for men in the game.
    you will also need to enable the recolors for females for them to appear.
    edited February 2020
    The file for that hairstyle was already unzipped, I was just wondering about the other ones. I probably should've been more specific.

I've finished testing the toddler hairstyles. Most of them work, except for these:
    Toddler%20CC%20hair%201%20broken%202_zpsxk9kxvvp.png
    Toddler%20CC%20hair%201%20broken%201_zpshaytb4nu.png
    Toddler%20CC%20hair%20two%20broken_zpsspgnogaw.png

(The other colours for the first two don't work either.)

I definitely have the mesh for the second one, so it should work, but it doesn't.
    Toddler%20CC%20hair%20I%20have%20the%20mesh_zpsxpaw0o0l.png

UPDATE: I've fixed all the child hairstyles. Toddler ones are still broken.
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    At this point, I would advise you to contact BerryQueerBear. They are active on Tumblr and should be able to help you if you describe what is happening when you click on the thumbnails in CAS. Please read their brief bio on the main page of their Tumblr and be patient with them. I don't use any of their CC and was happy to help when it was one item but, this is too much for me to try to piece together. I am guessing since the thumbnails appear that issue stems from the meshes for the recolors but, that is just a guess.
    https://berryqueerbear.tumblr.com/
    They're all fixed now. The problem was that I didn't know anything about .rar files, so there were several unzipped hairstyles sitting in my mods folder (and one mesh that I just completely forgot, ^^;). I still have more hairstyles to download, but it should be easier now that I know what to do. Thanks!
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    They're all fixed now. The problem was that I didn't know anything about .rar files, so there were several unzipped hairstyles sitting in my mods folder (and one mesh that I just completely forgot, ^^;). I still have more hairstyles to download, but it should be easier now that I know what to do. Thanks!

You're welcome! I am so glad you worked it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top