Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I like the overhang thing being classified as indoors cuz it makes it work more like it should. It means that clothes on the clothes line dry in the rain if under it, sims don't get wet under it, and rain doesn't fall through the roof. Snow won't land under it etc. It makes the way the game behaves more realistic haha
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I like the overhang thing being classified as indoors cuz it makes it work more like it should. It means that clothes on the clothes line dry in the rain if under it, sims don't get wet under it, and rain doesn't fall through the roof. Snow won't land under it etc. It makes the way the game behaves more realistic haha

I agree. The one thing that bugs me is that it apparently is Indoors Temperature as well.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

I agree. The one thing that bugs me is that it apparently is Indoors Temperature as well.

Yeah that bugs me too. Though I do use it to my advantage to plant seasonal plants there and have them grow all year lol
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    If you have a celebrity who is famous enough to be pestered by the paparazzi outside of their own home and be publicly humiliated just for being in their own back yard.
    The best way to avoid this is either have a tall privacy fence, tall grass fencing or use the larger half walls so they can not get your famous sim outside.

Also if your a builder and use the glass roof and your sims feel the effects of the weather use a thermostat for the summer and winter thermostat with a fireplace and your sims will be fine but beware of snow in the home. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    If you have a celebrity who is famous enough to be pestered by the paparazzi outside of their own home and be publicly humiliated just for being in their own back yard.
    The best way to avoid this is either have a tall privacy fence, tall grass fencing or use the larger half walls so they can not get your famous sim outside.

Also if your a builder and use the glass roof and your sims feel the effects of the weather use a thermostat for the summer and winter thermostat with a fireplace and your sims will be fine but beware of snow in the home. xD

Alternatively use the "Private Dwelling" lot trait. That gets rid of all visitors, including the paparazzi.
    (Although it feels wrong to use it if your celeb lives somewhere densely packed. However if you live out in the country or up in the "Hollywood" hills that lot trait makes sense to me.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I only just worked out that the socials with a skill icon on them provide points toward that skills next level. I thought they were just there to give sims who were high in a skill a bit of differentiation from other sims.
  • twirliegirlytwirliegirly Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > After playing and completing the 100 baby challenge they def. have moodlets because they get the sad moodlet every time a relative dies. You can't see it but if everyone else in the family gets that phone call the baby will immediately be sad too and even if all needs are met they stay sad for approx 2 sim days and if you age them up the "in mourning" moodlet suddenly becomes visible. It's really annoying tbh. I don't think infants should mourn death as they wouldn't understand it even if they knew the Sim

> @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes, that's what I'm talking about too haha. I was saying that just because the babies are sleeping doesn't mean they aren't still sad or happy in their sleep. So if the baby is sleeping but has the hidden "Happy" moodlet, maybe the older child or tot meeting them will get the happy about sibling, but if the baby has the lonely/hungry/mourning/dirty diaper sad moodlet while sleeping, the older child would get the sad about new sibling but you wouldn't know which the baby had as it's asleep, if that makes sense.
    >
    > Unless you knew the baby was happy but the sibling got the angry/sad one? Or did the two that got diff moodlets meet the baby at the exact same time? IN this case it wouldn't work lol.

I've never had that happen but it seems crazy. To be honest, I'm not convinced even toddlers should mourn unless it's an immediate family member (parent(s) that they have contact with, siblings, grandparents, maybe aunts/uncles and cousins if they have a lot of interactions with them). A toddler mourning an elder they met briefly at their parent's birthday party is daft.

Speaking of mourning - does the length mourned correlate with the relationship that a sim has with the one who has died? I've not noticed any difference between for example, a parent's death rather than a distant relation they met once.
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > After playing and completing the 100 baby challenge they def. have moodlets because they get the sad moodlet every time a relative dies. You can't see it but if everyone else in the family gets that phone call the baby will immediately be sad too and even if all needs are met they stay sad for approx 2 sim days and if you age them up the "in mourning" moodlet suddenly becomes visible. It's really annoying tbh. I don't think infants should mourn death as they wouldn't understand it even if they knew the Sim

> @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes, that's what I'm talking about too haha. I was saying that just because the babies are sleeping doesn't mean they aren't still sad or happy in their sleep. So if the baby is sleeping but has the hidden "Happy" moodlet, maybe the older child or tot meeting them will get the happy about sibling, but if the baby has the lonely/hungry/mourning/dirty diaper sad moodlet while sleeping, the older child would get the sad about new sibling but you wouldn't know which the baby had as it's asleep, if that makes sense.
    >
    > Unless you knew the baby was happy but the sibling got the angry/sad one? Or did the two that got diff moodlets meet the baby at the exact same time? IN this case it wouldn't work lol.

I've never had that happen but it seems crazy. To be honest, I'm not convinced even toddlers should mourn unless it's an immediate family member (parent(s) that they have contact with, siblings, grandparents, maybe aunts/uncles and cousins if they have a lot of interactions with them). A toddler mourning an elder they met briefly at their parent's birthday party is daft.

Speaking of mourning - does the length mourned correlate with the relationship that a sim has with the one who has died? I've not noticed any difference between for example, a parent's death rather than a distant relation they met once.

I agree about toddlers too. And no, they mourn 2 days whether it's their own child or someone they once bought hot chocolate from that dies. Really annoying
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    even an archway can be locked, after all)

There's something I didn't know!
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    sims can autonomously "enjoy company", toddlers can talk to themselves in the mirror, and kids can watch dolphins :)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I learned you cannot plead for Sim when an elder pet dies of old age. I mean it makes sense but still :'( 🐾
  • DipDabDipDab Posts: 2 New Member
    Did you know that if you use the high chair to make the toddlers nap they build up energy 3X quicker than anywhere else
  • FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    After some experimenting, I discovered you can build stairs from a deck in to the ocean on a beach lot. They work like stairs anywhere else.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I learned that it's still funny when Sims slip and fall down from mud or ice lol.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I didn't know that either. Kinda weird though, is it like putting up a force-field in star trek? lol!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »

I didn't know that either. Kinda weird though, is it like putting up a force-field in star trek? lol!

I didn't know either! And yes it is weird lol!!!
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > I found out that if your Sim finished High School with the A Grade they advance to level 3 in a Career they join.
    > I found out that watering plants with your tears takes a while lol

Hello everyone ! This is my first message.
    Love these forums already, and this topic in particular !

I had no idea that finishing high school with the A grade could mean they could get to a level 3 career, thank you so much for that information, it is so useful !
    And completely agree with watering the plants, God, it takes them hours ! And the worst part is, fertilizing them...Takes forever if you have a big garden (which I often have !)
  • futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    @Terpsichore_ Or if you have a bunch of CC plants downloaded and convinced yourself that you need to plant them ALL in-game :D *facepalm*
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    @futurevet201 OMG yes, that must have take time... :o
    Embarrassed kids can hide in a trashcan.
    23-2-2020-16-51-50.png

Kids can also look for toys in trash cans by jumping in, lowers hygiene I think though haha! what is that embarrassed moodlet with the stars though? I've never seen that one?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SimAlexandria Awesome! I had no idea and I play the game since the very release.

The stars are MCCC buffs.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    edited February 2020

Oh okay. They ones form cheating a mood? I think you're can't get them with out mods to it you're have cheats on. That makes sense Haha. I must haven't used them in age.

And yah normally they find voidcritter cards in the garbage cans I find but not always haha. Sometimes other toys
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SimAlexandria Awesome! I had no idea and I play the game since the very release.

The stars as MCCC buffs.

I have MCCC but I've never seen those buffs before - what setting is that @DoloresGrey ?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    @loubyloulou

MC Cheats --> Cheats - informations about a sim (the second option from top) --> Mood/Buff control --> Cheat - intensity of emotion (on the bottom)

The buff says: Humiliated (You cheated this moodlet) 20 days
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top