Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What, in your opinion, is the best game pack๐Ÿ˜

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    StrangerVille
    For me, Strangerville. And following that closely is Jungle Adventure. And then Dine Out.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Vampires
    It was hard to pick one GP for this poll, I love most of them so much! I actually find GP's to normally be a little better value wise and more fleshed out than expansion packs this iteration of the series. The only one on that list that could disappear and I'd never notice would be spa day. It's not a bad pack either, it's just not something I think to use because IRL I can't stand spa's. I don't like being touched by strangers and I don't think my sims would enjoy it either, (even though I'm sure they would :p ).
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Parenthood
    I think parenthood and vampire are the best packs. But my favorite is Dine Out. Itโ€™s probably my most used. The only thing I dislike about dine out is that we werenโ€™t able to be chefs/staff.
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood, though it was a tough choice between that and Vampires. It just adds a lot to family Dynamics, and more content for multiple life stages is always great!
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Vampires
    Poor Outdoor Retreat. I kinda wanted to vote for it, because it's my second favorite pack, but...yeah, Vampires. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokรฉmon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Vampires
    Most of them are good, but Vampires is my favourite one. :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Hehe, OR deserves some love!!! It's not my best-ever anything, but I really think it was a very good addition. I love the forest, especially with seasons and changing weather making your stay less predictable. And although collecting insects and herbs might become a bit "tactical" (clicking, teleporting, exploring without really going there), I love the herbalism skill and when it was introduced it became a quite nice home based work for some of my sim. The pack is mostly the arena though, as you will need to play a story or have a reason going there, otherwise it might get boring (like it also can be on RL vacations if no other purpose than relaxing). The forest could benefit from a couple community lots, but that is something each can do as desired. Hobby center, meditation school, kids nature group club house, small wedding hotel, etc. I'm still waiting for a hotel feature :)

PS: Also love Dine Out and Jungle Adventure. I think all three are my faves.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    Parenthood
    Definitely Parenthood ! I think it's clever to have introduced the education skill, so that our Sims can teach their children manners, respect, learn faster when they do homework with an adult...I was actually really happy with this one !
    Dine Out is so overrated...You go with your Sims in a restaurant, it takes HOURS for them to get through a complete meal ! What a waste of time !
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires followed closely by Jungle Adventure and Parenthood.

Vampires and Jungle Adventure I consider almost perfect expansions to the game as they are well thought out and I wish to change little about them. Parenthood could use a few changes, but overall it makes playing families more enjoyable.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2020
    Vampires
    The Vampire pack is my favorite with Jungle Adventure and Realm of Magic tied for second and StrangerVille third.
  • Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood made substantive changes to the way Sims can interact and added depth in the form of the new traits children can acquire based on parenting. A meaningful pack, rather than just a new place to go or new stuff to buy
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Parenthood
    I'm a major family player. Parenthood definitely adds the most gameplay to my game above all else. I like the CAS and Build/Buy as well, so it's an all around win.

I love the character values that are introduced and the fact that the consequences of Sims' upbringing can stick with them for the rest of their lives through traits. I also love the interactions that parents have with their kids and the variety that you can choose from, whether it be overbearingly strict or calm and helpful.

It's been such a fun pack for me to play with ever since it was released. While I don't use features from other packs very often, the ones that come with Parenthood I use almost every time I play.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Parenthood
    Tough call, because I really, really like Realm of Magic.

But ultimately, Parenthood is my favorite. My main save is a re-make of my original TS3 couple. Now, I'd done the child raising thing in TS3, but not with my original pair, who instead had a prolonged YA, child-free odd-couple thing. And while the Sims look quite different, and lack their original lifestates, the personalities and dynamic translated very well. And, about the time both were completing their original aspirations, both spontaneously wished to have children.

So letting that couple have a family was their big TS4 turn, and to enrich that, I got Parenthood. In my opinion, it's better than TS3 Generations EP. I wouldn't want to run family play without it.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires have made the game million tames better fir me, so I vote for this. Other than that - Parenthood is awesome and Strangerville offers nice self-contained story.
    All three are integral to my games.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    Vampires
    this is only gp I actually feel like I can't play a second of my game without

like I probably would have stopped playing ages ago if there was no vampires
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood adds a much needed play stage especially if dealing with younger Sims so it's hard to not appreciate what it does. However I also feel Dine Out doesnt get enough love in the poll. I love going out to the different restaurants and making a nice evening out and its such a cool thing having the ability to go to them once more and not just be a boring rabbit hole like it was in Ts3. For all the clamor of Ts3 being better in somethings, this is something undeniably better in Ts4. I also really enjoyed the story play element to Strangerville another pack that doesnt get enough love. Plus all the Victorian-build elements for houses is one of my favorite styles.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Vampires
    For me, Vampires. Parenthood is second. I really like them both :)
    ์ˆ˜๋ฆฌ์ˆ˜๋ฆฌ๋งˆ์ˆ˜๋ฆฌ ์ˆ˜์ˆ˜๋ฆฌ ์‚ฌ๋ฐ”
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I wish I could pick 2 options, Vampires and RoM....I picked RoM cause it adds more to do (like collecting) and my beloved "potion of plentiful needs" plus 2 "worlds"...but I also loooove my vampires, I never get tired of them.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Realm of Magic
    It's just...witches โ™ฅ๏ธ perhaps not always perfect but I still play them a ton!
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited March 2020
    Vampires
    Might as well rate all of them with a poll like this.

1. Vampires (this pack added so much more to playing with vampires than what was available in previous sim games that it felt actually innovative, fresh, and new)
    2. Parenthood (while I like the themes of spa day, dine out, jungle adventure, and realm of magic better than this gp, parenthood added much needed game play and interactions for families with children and teens that was lacking in the base game. As such it didn't feel like it lacked anything itself as a game pack)
    3. Spa Day (the 3rd spot should have been dine out for me, but that gp had a lot of bugs - something you really don't want in a restaurant -. It still has a bit of wonky game play that just doesn't make sense. So spa day gets bumped to 3rd place for me because this pack provides a lot of new activities that are a great alternative for my sims to engage in, especially if you dedicate a lot to it. It brings variety to the few lots types we have available in the base game. Every world having just a bar, park, library, gym, and museum is too limited)
    4. Dine Out (I loved playing restaurants in the previous sims games so I had high hopes this pack came with innovative and fresh new game play as well as everything I was familiar with from the old games. The pack does provide some of that, but it doesn't all work that smoothly, and having your sims visit a restaurant can end up taking a frustrating whole in game sim day of sims not siting down together eating a nice 3 course meal)
    5. Jungle Adventure (I loved how this pack is a fleshed out vacation destination and I wouldn't mind more of these to visit different places. It is however only a vacation destination. While it has a few buildable lots, you can't actually have your sims live there. I would also have liked to see more wildlife and way more plant objects. Skeletons being an actual life stage would have been nice too. I didn't expect more from this pack when I bought it, but after playing with it, it felt like it had more potential)
    6. Strangerville (this pack caught me by total surprise. Considering all the feedback people give the makers of the sims 4 of what they would like added to the game, it's baffling they came up with something I think literally no one asked for. That not withstanding, I did like the concept, the mystery story, more aliens, and the secret lab. However, it also came with a severely disappointing military career. And while it has a nice looking town, it has silly little lots. The pack also features a lot of cars, but functioning ones are still not a thing)
    7. Outdoor Retreat (oh look, there is another vacation destination like I asked for in my comments for jungle adventure. Sadly going out camping is just not my thing. I'm glad something like this is available for those who are really into the great outdoors and being one with nature, but if you just take pictures for me, I'll gladly look at them from the comfort of my San Myshuno apartment. The pack did come with a good selection of cas items though)
    8. Realm of Magic (I like fantasy, magic, and spell casting so I had high expectations for this pack. Unfortunately, it was a big letdown. From the boring cas items, the lackluster spells, no real broom riding as it's more a teleportation device, the super disappointingly small magic realm with only one (1) buildable lot, to that stupid idea some developer had to make every sim not known by your active sim automatically a spellcaster. So much wasted potential)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Realm of Magic for me! It was a day one buy and I still havent looked back. Vampires and Dine Out tie for 2nd place.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I chose Outdoor Retreat when I saw it in a Let's Play on YouTube after it came out. I loved the objects and game play it added.
  • Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    Vampires
    Just curious ๐Ÿ˜

you left out get to work which is arguably the biggest gameplay addition to the sims 4, even if you dont use the 3 jobs that comes with it the extras that come with it are quite large in number.
    Vampires comes second
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Vampires
    Just curious ๐Ÿ˜

you left out get to work which is arguably the biggest gameplay addition to the sims 4, even if you dont use the 3 jobs that comes with it the extras that come with it are quite large in number.
    Vampires comes second

Get to Work doesn't belong in this survey because it's an Expansion pack.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SharkCatSharkCat Posts: 4 New Member
    It's Vampires for me.

I love all the Dracula myths, so Vlad is a favorite of mine (even though he is not a bad guy, in fact he always becomes one of my first friends in all my saves). I like the rpg elements in the pack, and I really like the concept and look of Forgotten Hollow. If only it had some public lots (maybe a Library with full of banned books about monsters, and a bar). Also, non-vampire sims should've got the option to march to Vlad's house with pitchforks lol.

Second is StrangerVille - I like the Stranger Things and Independence Day vibes. The town itself is nice too, even though the library it has is atrocious.