Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who deserves to be Lilith???

FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
So, now there are two Liliths in the game, huh? Lilith Pleasant and Lilith Vatore. Now, I now in the Real World, it's hardly unusual for two people to have the same first name, but SimWorld is much smaller than that, and, well, it just kinda bugs me? I feels lazy, and I've been looking through and I don't think there's any other first name duplicates among the premades--tho some are close, they're not exactly the same, and "Lilith" isn't exactly a typical name anyway so it stands out even more. So, I've started changing one of their names in some of my saves--I've changed Lilith Vatore to Lydia in one save, and Lilith Pleasant to Persephone in another--but I feel like maybe I should make a call one way or the other, just for consistency and to simplify things for my brain.

So, what do y'all think? Who should remain Lilith, and who's name should I change?

edit: I feel like I should clarify that I've never significantly played any previous Sims game, and neither know nor care about any premades or versions of premades from any of those games. So, maybe please base your answers purely on Sims 4, if possible.

Also, the route my games take changes wildly depending on the save so there's no particular premade or set of premades I play with more or less than any other ones, and in fact in one of my main saves right now my sim is a vampire who was turned by Caleb and therefor hangs out with the Vatores a bunch AND has become very close friends with Lilith Pleasant, so there's no clear answer in terms of one I'll see or use more or anything. Believe me, were that the case, I would've had a much easier decision to make and likely just made it already lol.

And finally, I've already stated this above, but since several people seem to have not really read the content of what I wrote, the sims world is much smaller than the real world that is why I want to change it yes I am aware it is normal for two people to have the same name in real life the sims is not real life.

Thank you
Post edited by FanPhoria on

Who deserves to be Lilith??? 131 votes

Change Vatore
51%
BluegayleYunaOmri147LufflebunnylisamwittCamkatStrangerthanelanorbretonJestTrurosehrtgirlMoon_WillowSirenLuminosSxcDannii202zagboorulesBearly_Mediaashcrash19FinvolaMoonfoxNightcrySelinaKylesDevilNDisguise 68 votes
Change Pleasant
34%
BreeSashaBloosmoofruitsbasket101taydevMissmagoo2iceicka89Internal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtCeridwenLiELFLouise_G0325Cait_lynSimTrippyOEII1001GrumpyGlowfishjoRN1414poltergeistAirakaleStina1701AGamingTweety 45 votes
Change BOTH
2%
AmandèleSERVERFRAdearie_blossom 3 votes
Just keep mixing it up from save to save
11%
LaBlue0314Colorist40Mi9shaoscarSimburianrobyngravesMindofywrenstalesXxAirixXverfensSims4MagicalTalesSheepilinghaisinLquinnWaitWhatYTMarmaladeJade 15 votes

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Change Vatore
    Sims 2 is my favorite game, so I'm fond of Lilith Pleasant. I ignore Lilith Vatore, but now that you mention her... I should change her name.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Change Pleasant
    I feel Lilith is a great name for an occult sim, so I vote to keep Lilith Vatores name
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Change Pleasant
    Lilith Vatore for the win! Just don;t let them decide that - results will be messy.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    Change neither (is this sentence even correct? ). It is super common to "share" the same first name with another person in my country :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Change neither (is this sentence even correct? ). It is super common to "share" the same first name with another person in my country :)

this
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • NatashaJaneNatashaJane Posts: 3 New Member
    Personally I'd change neither of them, because they're named this and that's it, even so Lilith is an uncommon name and it's so even more noticeable that they have the same name.
    But if you really want to change one of them, then I'd vote for you to change Pleasant, because as a vampire it makes more sense for Vatore to be named Lilith, and she was the first one to exists in the Sims 4. As I don't know games before Sims 3, and Sims 4 is the only one of the two in which I have all the packs so far and know every premade townies, Vatore will always be the "original Lilith" for me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Change Pleasant
    I don't know what the parents drank the day they named their twins Angel and Demon. Change Lilith Pleasaent to Lily or something and assume that "Lilith" is/was a nickname she took herself when she distanced herself from her family.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    Change Vatore
    Pleasants came first so if you really need to change
    I'd change Vatore for there is less connection to her name

with Angela and Lilith they are named to be opposites of each other
    so it would feel wrong to change personally

I like the name overlap in this case though so won't change it
    planning to make Lilith Pleasant vampire as well
    so maybe Lilith the vampire shall scout her out
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Change Vatore
    Lilith Pleasant came first, so has priority to the name. Since that other one is a merciless bloodsucking parasite the name should fit the being.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Change Vatore
    Initially I was going to vote to keep Vatore but after thinking about it , I have to agree with the others who said Lilith Pleasant came first.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Change Vatore
    I would let them both keep their names, but because it's not an option here I guess Lilith Vatore can have a new name. I've understood that Lilith Pleasant appeared already on Sims 2, so it was her name first.

My game is in Finnish and Lilith Vatore's first name is Silvana, which is odd because Silvana is not a Finnish name. Also Caleb Vatore is Alfonso, which is not a Finnish name either.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Keep both. I don't do much with Lilith Pleasant so if I mention something Lilith did in my game, people I know will know I mean Vatore.

Also Lilith Vatore is objectively the queen of everything so she wins by default.

x3mdFCx.png
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited February 2020
    Change Pleasant
    Should just leave them be or if you have to change a name change Pleasent.

As mentioned by @smurfy77 and @NatashaJane Lilith is a perfect name for an occult sim considering who Lilith actually is and part of the name literally means "Night creature." Also funnily enough vampires were similar to what type of demon she is (90% certain I can't expand on that) before they became more literal in sucking your lifeforce out.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    Change Pleasant
    No plasma bag is going to push a kindred off their name. Besides, she's named after the Great Matron.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    For me personally, I just let them both have the name. It suits both of them for very distinct reasons. Lilith Vatore because she's a vampire and that name represents the vampire Queen who supposedly is the Mother of all vampires, the very first one. Lilith Pleasant because her name is iconic to TS2 and represents a contrast to her twin. So for you, I guess it would come down to which one do you see yourself playing with more? Do you play with vampires more or will you play with the Lilith in Britechester more?

Do you see them both frequently? Or do you see one or the other more? Have they ever been in the same world together when any of your Sims were around? I would figure out which one of the two bothers you the most by having the name because another Sim has it and change the name for that Sim.

Even though I didn't vote in your poll because I'm keeping both as Lilith, if I had to change one, it would be Lilith Pleasant. My reasoning is because she's a TS2 Sim and while I do have fond memories of her in that iteration, Lilith Vatore was made for TS4 and is now iconic to this iteration. Also, while I like TS4 version of the twins, they're not the 'real' Angela and Lilith in my mind. Just like a lot of Simmers don't perceive The Goths as the 'real' Goths. Does that make sense? But as said, for me personally, I'm keeping them both Lilith. :)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Change Vatore
    As a personal decision, I wouldn't change either, but that's just me. I don't really like messing with the pre-mades, it just feels wrong to me. I do very minimal editing, if anything, and that includes their names.

That went for Morgan and Morgyn, too.

If I had to choose? For the sake of this poll, I'd say Lilith Vatore, and I base this off the fact that I don't play the supernatural pre-mades in my main save.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    But if you keep both names the same, then you can have Lilith P. and Lilith V. have a burning rivalry as competing vampire queens where they are always trying to take over each other's territories in an all-out shadow war! Think of the possibilities!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    @FanPhoria I read the post. I am really sorry my english is not perfect and that I did not understand that sentence correctly.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Change Pleasant
    I prefer to keep both in my game but if had to choose I'd change Pleasant name because, well Lilith Vatore came first in my game and although I don't play her (yet) she is friends with some of my households and I like her. I also find her name fit her better than the Pleasant girl because Vatore is more, well darker than Pleasant. Next to Vatore, Lilith Pleasant is a rebellious teenager. Not that there is anything wrong with rebellious teenagers but if we look at the mythology regarding that name then, in my mind, it would fit a vampire better.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I wouldn't change either one.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited February 2020
    Change Vatore
    Personally I’m keeping them both as Lilith but if I had to change one it would be Lilith Vatore. I just like the thought that went into naming the Pleasant twins. The ‘good’ twin is called Angela which is derived from ‘angel’. Meanwhile, the ‘bad’ twin is called Lilith, which is a clever choice because in Jewish mythology Adam had a first wife called Lilith who rebelled, ran away and mothered demons.

If you changed Angela Pleasant’s first name the whole dynamic between the twins’ names which links with their different traits would be ruined (unless of course you renamed Lilith Pleasant with another name which has ‘evil’ connotations).
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Just keep mixing it up from save to save
    Clearly the only logical answer is to have them fight for it :D

I'd personally let both keep the name as it fits each of them for different reasons but if I had to pick, I'd change Lilith Pleasant to "Lil Pleasant" cuz it makes her sound like some sort of edgy satirical rap goddess, lmao
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Change Vatore
    I voted Change Vatore but I do think it would be funny if you kept both and had Lilith Pleasant & Lilith Vatore marry each other and make this name situation even more confusing. >:)
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    Change Pleasant

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Change BOTH
    Just have a Lydia & a Lil.