Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we get a Teenagers GP...

I'd like to see Buckingham Township added as an actual city/campus with an editable High School, a few empty lots and one suitable for a teen hangout (cafe, bowling alley, etc). I also want to be able to set and edit the school uniforms (picture Japanese Gakuran/Fuku or Catholic Private School style). Ultimately I just really want to design a pretty art deco private school building, with a large open courtyard and a big old world library.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What's Buckingham Township?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    All I have to say is me too😆😆
    Except a few empty lots wont cut it. I really wanna see bigger worlds and more lots. Especially worlds with small beaches on them.

I sort have made my own high school and selected uniforms but a pack like this would totally enhance gameplay.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2020
    What's Buckingham Township?

Buckingham High School is the name of the School where all Sims 4 Teens attend, Buckingham Township or County would just be the place wherein the school is located.
    All I have to say is me too😆😆
    Except a few empty lots wont cut it. I really wanna see bigger worlds and more lots. Especially worlds with small beaches on them.

I sort have made my own high school and selected uniforms but a pack like this would totally enhance gameplay.

We really need the ability to edit and manage the real school for it to be the best, even if it is a rabbit hole (though in-class scenarios like answering a question wrong and being embarrassed or presenting group projects would be fun).
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I personally don't think teens need an entire GP just to themselves. I think they should be able to get a good content update from a Generations EP. Totally agreed on the school uniforms, though. I want that for both teens and kids so bad.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'd actually prefer a Teen's stuff pack, but then I don't actually care if we could visit the school. Especially as I'm used to really big campuses for high schools, so anything the Sims could provide would seem too small.
    But having a "private school" option and a school uniform option would be cool (and should still be within the scope of a Stuff Pack)

I'd love a pack with a lot of Art Deco elements too (beyond what we got in Get Famous and Vintage Glamour), but I don't associate Art Deco with High School, even a private one.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'd actually prefer a Teen's stuff pack, but then I don't actually care if we could visit the school. Especially as I'm used to really big campuses for high schools, so anything the Sims could provide would seem too small.
    But having a "private school" option and a school uniform option would be cool (and should still be within the scope of a Stuff Pack)

I'd love a pack with a lot of Art Deco elements too (beyond what we got in Get Famous and Vintage Glamour), but I don't associate Art Deco with High School, even a private one.

I mentioned Art Deco because where I live there is a really old High School (built in 1937) and has been used for a lot of 70's and 80's teen movies, and is entirely Art Deco and is on the preservation list I believe. I just like that style, I'd be happy with being able to build a Japanese-style private high school.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2020
    I would love a Back to School EP that brings playable schools, proms/school dances, first love/crushes, preferences in school subjects, a bunch of afterschool clubs like those we have already (I want my teen boys to play soccer too!), an active teaching career, and preteens in a patch before release as a new life stage. I still don't like it that the teens we have look like 16-19 and we have a huge gap between age 10 and 16. I would love some preteens that look like the teens we had in previous Sims games, just a stage "in between".
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I think a teen stuff pack makes sense since we've had one for toddlers and kids. But a high school gamepack is too similar to DU, which is of no interest to me. There are currently mods that allow you to create and send your teens to a high school.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd prefer this be done in a expansion I dont think a game pack could cover all of what teens are missing or the game play a pack like this would require. Its about time this game does something new there's more to life than young adults the Guru's said they could finally do new stuff high school needs to be one of the new things. But if we did we a high school pack I'd hope there was actual game play with active classes so you could follow your teens all day as it is now its just not possible to play a teen because half the day they're off in a rabbit hole.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    I would rather they make a School EP with teacher career(assistant, librarian, computer teacher, grade school teacher, middle school teacher, highschool teacher, lower grade principal, high school principal, school board for retired teachers). A Sim making it to highschool teacher could get a job as a college professor, which could be opened up as playble for Uni owners. A simmer could stop on the career they want to teach. In addition, there could be boarding schools and home schooling. Also, there could be a preschool for toddlers & day care for infants. Both of those jobs playable. Elders could volunteer to help in the classrooms and with toddler skills. Haven't tried the babysitter job, but if isn't playable, then opening it up. CAS heavy for infants and preteens, who would attend the middle School and who would be patched in. The school district would include grade, middle, high schools. It would also have a preschool and daycare. There would be a playground also with merry-go-round, toddler riders, ECT. Learning aspiration would include dream of being a teacher.

If it's too much together, all of it could be an EP except the toddler/infants/daycare/preschool/playground toddler riders/playable daycare, babysitter, preschool teacher careers. All of that could be put in a GP along with playpen, strollers, walkers, infant mats, infant swing, infant back/ front carrier, more toys, infant chew toy, passies(square and round), and blankies.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I'd love a teen focused SP, but I honestly don't know what they'd put in a teen GP. Classes in sims 3 university got old very quickly, and other than that, I don't think there is enough big stuff for teens to warrant a GP, that isn't already in the game. The teen hangout lot trait is great for making cafés where the teens go to study with their friends, parks where they hang out and stuff like that. The only "bigger" things that I miss are high school graduation and prom. I think a generations style pack would be better as a GP or an EP.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I like to liberate my teens from school (and kids too) using a mod that makes school something you sign up for if you want it, otherwise it's just not an issue, and being freed from school, and able to work real jobs if they want to (another mod), my teens have it pretty good, get to up their skills, pursue their aspirations and fulfill them, study things, get exercise, learn to cook and other things, get ahead in careers or pursue meaningful hobbies and interests.

So...more hairstyles and fashion options, sure, I'd go for that, maybe a Stuff Pack for Teens that has room items, more music WAYYYY more music, need some choices! EDM, Dubstep, traps, posthardcore, lowfi, noise, ...and I would buy it.

But hard pass on the entire school package unless the Renegades could wreak havoc there instead! Maybe have some teen vamps run amok... no love was ever lost between institutional schools and me.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    I'd like to see the ability to cut class and do fun things, with after school detention if the teen is caught. After school activities like sports and music. Private school available for both elementary and high school. Acne with applicable moodlet and rebellious mood swings and/or a rebellious trait.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    laciana wrote: »
    I'd like to see the ability to cut class and do fun things, with after school detention if the teen is caught. After school activities like sports and music. Private school available for both elementary and high school. Acne with applicable moodlet and rebellious mood swings and/or a rebellious trait.

There is a rebellious phase in parenthood. I usually use that to make my teens go through rebellious times.
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I would rather they make a School EP with teacher career(assistant, librarian, computer teacher, grade school teacher, middle school teacher, highschool teacher, lower grade principal, high school principal, school board for retired teachers). A Sim making it to highschool teacher could get a job as a college professor, which could be opened up as playble for Uni owners. A simmer could stop on the career they want to teach. In addition, there could be boarding schools and home schooling. Also, there could be a preschool for toddlers & day care for infants. Both of those jobs playable. Elders could volunteer to help in the classrooms and with toddler skills. Haven't tried the babysitter job, but if isn't playable, then opening it up. CAS heavy for infants and preteens, who would attend the middle School and who would be patched in. The school district would include grade, middle, high schools. It would also have a preschool and daycare. There would be a playground also with merry-go-round, toddler riders, ECT. Learning aspiration would include dream of being a teacher.

If it's too much together, all of it could be an EP except the toddler/infants/daycare/preschool/playground toddler riders/playable daycare, babysitter, preschool teacher careers. All of that could be put in a GP along with playpen, strollers, walkers, infant mats, infant swing, infant back/ front carrier, more toys, infant chew toy, passies(square and round), and blankies.

Wow, I love your ideas!
  • lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    laciana wrote: »

There is a rebellious phase in parenthood. I usually use that to make my teens go through rebellious times.

I'll keep that in mind, but Parenthood isn't on my buy list. I was hoping for something similar to the Rebellious trait from the Sims 3.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I have my sims teenagers skip high school all the time and go out with friends, I made a group for that.
    I even tested with one not sending him at all, he skipped every single day. There were absolutely no consequences, he wasn't kicked out, and there is no option to discipline this behaviour for the parents... This is clearly an oversight, they could've make them react the same way as when they are breaking the curfew.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'd rather see a full Generations EP focusing on all the lacking stuff the life stages suffer from at the moment. (Including Babies, Teens, Elders).

A Generations EP is probably the only EP I am still looking forward to. The past releases haven't been that mindblowing to me.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I wouldn't mind a soul focused teenager game pack. But... I would hope that when it comes to something like open schools, having school activities such as after school programs, hobbies, sports, etc that they would also apply this to the child sims as well. And much like a lot of other simmers a well focused Generations pack would be ideal. I liked Sims 3 Generations and Sims 2 Hobbies. I miss my sims having those after school activities like: dance/ballet, art, debate, music, newspaper, shop, sports.

I miss these activities too: (which some of these apply to all age groups)
    Karate
    Surfing
    Arcades (and Gambling... Lucky Palms)
    Archery
    Tinkering (building your car)
    Soccer
    Volleyball
    Baseball and Football (being able to throw a ball together)
    Tag
    Marco Polo
    Jumping on the bed
    Sleepovers with sleeping bags
    Hiking/Bug Catching (without having to go to Granite Falls)
    Dance Kissing and photo booths and kiss selfies
    Jump Rope and Skipping
    Carnival Games
    Snow Boarding
    Bake Sale
    Field Trips
    Teaching teens to Drive
    Seasonal Festivals (loved all the activities from Sims 3 that came with this)
    Slow Dancing

Other things and Activities:
    Strollers, Walking Canes and Rocking Chairs; Nectar Making; Pottery and Sculpting; Sewing and so much more...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I personally don't think teens need an entire GP just to themselves. I think they should be able to get a good content update from a Generations EP. Totally agreed on the school uniforms, though. I want that for both teens and kids so bad.

@ListentoToppDogg gurl, all life stages, besides young adults and adults, need at least one GP each to make them more interesting.
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a soul focused teenager game pack. But... I would hope that when it comes to something like open schools, having school activities such as after school programs, hobbies, sports, etc that they would also apply this to the child sims as well. And much like a lot of other simmers a well focused Generations pack would be ideal. I liked Sims 3 Generations and Sims 2 Hobbies. I miss my sims having those after school activities like: dance/ballet, art, debate, music, newspaper, shop, sports.

I miss these activities too: (which some of these apply to all age groups)
    Karate
    Surfing
    Arcades (and Gambling... Lucky Palms)
    Archery
    Tinkering (building your car)
    Soccer
    Volleyball
    Baseball and Football (being able to throw a ball together)
    Tag
    Marco Polo
    Jumping on the bed
    Sleepovers with sleeping bags
    Hiking/Bug Catching (without having to go to Granite Falls)
    Dance Kissing and photo booths and kiss selfies
    Jump Rope and Skipping
    Carnival Games
    Snow Boarding
    Bake Sale
    Field Trips
    Teaching teens to Drive
    Seasonal Festivals (loved all the activities from Sims 3 that came with this)
    Slow Dancing

Other things and Activities:
    Strollers, Walking Canes and Rocking Chairs; Nectar Making; Pottery and Sculpting; Sewing and so much more...

Yeah. I can't agree more. We just miss so many fun activities for our Sims, especially those you can do with friends and family (and not just limited to 2 Sims).
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon I mean, realistically, yeah that's definitely true, but I don't think there's any chance of that happening. Plus I'm not fan of a certain guru's idea to add content for all of the lacking lifestages separately through multiple different packs. Hence why I personally just feel like it's better to improve everyone (minus YA and A) through one Generations EP.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Only if they finally introduce height slides in CAS.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Dear EA,

Whatever you do, just give us a Generations pack. Please.

Yours truly,
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Only if they finally introduce height slides in CAS.

.mods can at least give us smaller sims with the preteen mod life state.
    hopefully the sims team can sort this for us officially.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon