Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 hints at "unexpected" expansion packs coming in 2020

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Fiercy wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I see a Themepark Expansion on the horizon. Also keep in mind Gamepacks is some of those.
    >
    > Cant wait to see what kind of new worlds we get in 2020.

Oh oh oh oh!!! I would love a theme park EP so much! From your mouth to Gurus' ears. :)

Totally dying for a theme park. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Same here.
    Theme and amusement parks, werewolves (with, FINALLY, body hair options for all), farming, a romantic winter-based getaway, past time travel to medieval or ancient eras (with respective architecture of course!), and a big city vacation location with a functional hotel system that is all I really want at this point. Hmmm that actually a lot but if we got 4 of those 6 that would be awesome.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • RigyRigy Posts: 8 New Member
    I would like to see a farming pack, I know we have gardening but it's not the same. I want to grow more veggies/fruit and be able to grow a different variety (pumpkins, asparagus etc..) I want to raise farm animals and have a full blown farm vibe! I grew up on a farm irl and would love to reenact that in the sims without using mods :D I would also like to see a Music Pack or something, introduce more instruments and what not, maybe even be able to start a band would be cool.
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    Regardless of what they are, I have to tip the hat to EA for at least continuing to support Sims 4 as long as they have (over 6 years). I know some see them as using DLC, etc as a cash grab, but I personally would rather build on my financial and personal investment on this game than to "re-start" with Sims 5...
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    unexpected + never done before = farming

Lol farming is like the most requested and most predicted EP at this point.

Unexpected would be something that nobody saw coming, like Get Together or StrangerVille. I literally didn’t see anyone predicting those packs before their announcement.

I really hope there won't be anything like Stranger Ville again. I didn't like the story aspect of it at all, and once you played it, you're done with it.
    graventhe wrote: »
    I was hoping for farming but it's very expected, the Gurus were discussing it on twitter few years ago, I'm expecting something like superheros since it's very unexpected and was mentioned in one of the surveys..

I hope I'm wrong because it's the least expansion I'm interested in and probably won't buy..

This just gets worse. I would hate superheroes. Please, just no. We lack so many basic things that belong to life (and the game is a life simulator), please no more unnecessary stuff like "superheroes" or anything like it. Those things can come when everything else is fleshed out that belongs to life.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    As much unexpected as Moschino Stuff ?

An unexpected disappointment.

Moschino Stuff was pretty awesome.

I actually liked it too. It was one of the best stuff packs so far. Loved the photography options that came with it, I've been using them a lot. The CAS items are hideous, but oh well.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited February 2020
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    There are talking it may be a musical pack (instruments etc.) ... if that is the case....I would be disappointed...that isn't unexpected or exciting.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Unexpected would be something that nobody saw coming, like Get Together or StrangerVille. I literally didn’t see anyone predicting those packs before their announcement.

I really hope there won't be anything like Stranger Ville again. I didn't like the story aspect of it at all, and once you played it, you're done with it.

i think one of the sim gurus said that strangerville performed middle of the road so i don't think we're gonna get another anytime soon.

i'd love for them to try again but with multiple endings based on options your sim takes. i do like the world and the cas assets though
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    There are talking it may be a musical pack (instruments etc.) ... if that is the case....I would be disappointed...that isn't unexpected or exciting.

I have a music-based club with several musician sims so If we can finally get drums, cymbals, horns, xylophone I'll be happy.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I know a lot of people don’t want this, but horses are one of the things I want most. I don’t want pigs, cows, chickens, etc, I just want horses. Make them unplayable and have traits like dogs and cats with different breeds.

Another thing is werewolves, I don’t have many ideas for them tbh but I’d like them.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    On one hand, I would like some sort of music pack for bands and more instruments and all of that. And I would like a pack to introduce a less modern aesthetic with changes to gameplay (disable the cellphone, bring back landlines and newspapers, include a typewriter etc., would probably be tied into some farming pack admittedly).

On the other hand, I'm ready for a game feature that changes the way I think about the way a Sim's life can be lived. I'm kind of tired of the sort of day-to-day focus The Sims 4 has taken with being a life simulator (that's probably an oxymoron, and maybe I just need to do more challenges lol). I just want something different, but I'm not sure what. I think having some sort of Danger pack or Superhero pack or mystery pack (not quite like Strangerville, but maybe some way to create a mystery via a multitude of settings and then be able to play it out at one's own pace) would be quite fun.

On another hand...I think that any more EPs that come out should have a core feature that will lay a foundation for whatever aesthetic the player wants in their game (obviously I'm aware that every EP touts a core feature but I don't think all of them offer great foundations. Don't know what the core of IL is except...living on an island??? I guess although, I've read this pack offers shallow gameplay). For example, the club system in Get Together. Structurally, this feature allows you to make whatever kind of group/organization that you want and the more packs you have the more dynamic your clubs can be. It's just my opinion, but the more the EPs exist in a bubble, the less fun they are.

Get To Work sort of achieves this because the more objects in game, the more options for a store you have. More objects are introduced in more packs.

I really do think that the devs, when creating an EP, should consider how it will build upon the base game only yes, but also how much it can add even more if other packs are installed. And I think understanding that EPs have the opportunity to serve as foundations would make their development that much better. So whatever unexpected packs they have geared up for 2020, I hope they thought them through.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I just hope there's gonna be something for family players

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »

i think one of the sim gurus said that strangerville performed middle of the road so i don't think we're gonna get another anytime soon.

i'd love for them to try again but with multiple endings based on options your sim takes. i do like the world and the cas assets though

Nah, really don't need it. There are plenty of games around that work like this (and even better). I really don't need another story driven pack. I just want things like NationalPokedex describes that can work as a foundation, where you can take the things that come with it and do with it whatever you like. Like the group system in GT, occult players use it, single sim players use it, family players use it, it's just good for everyone and can be customized to your very own playstile. Or like playing in the pool: single sims can play in the pool with their date or friends, occults can play in the pool, families can play in the pool, so why can't we have that? Things like that, I want things like that and I want the interactions to be available for all life stages.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    welp, "unexpected" doesn't automatically mean "exciting/good" it just means something well....unexpected...I didn't expect a tiny living SP either (and can not recall anyone wish for something like it) but it's not really exciting or anything great so...

maybe us on the forums would expect a farming pack but not every simmer out there is on this forum or other plattforms following everything sims 4, so for those people it would probly be unexpected and I think it would be something they haven't done before, right?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2020
    At this point, I'm not expecting to ever get a Generations or Freetime EP. Sure would be nice if I were to be surprised. ;)
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    I really want to make a werewolf or a fairy. Plz maxis throw me a bone. badumtish
  • simskicosimskico Posts: 41 Member
    I agree with the people saying some kind of farming pack! I would personally love having a farm, and tending to various animals lol
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2020
    I thought farming had been done before. I think TS2? It was a Store pack. What am I remembering? I seem to remember we had to lay down a sort of track for the tractor to travel around, a bit like the TS1 roller coaster. Edit: Oh it was TS3 - seemed longer ago
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    if we get tractors before cars everyone will lose their mind lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Big Brother Tv Show Gamepack. They've had this listed in surveys before so it wouldn't surprise me.

God please no :#
    anything but that lol.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Murphy Bed Stuff was unexpected.

Now I begin to dream about Bunk Bed Stuff...

No need to dream about that, as SimGuruGraham already told us that they are impossible in a stuff pack ;)

bunk beds impossible but Murphy beds possible in a stuff pack.

thank god i already have bunk beds and plenty of other cool stuff thanks to the mods community

edited February 2020
    Tiny Living Stuff sounds like Discover University Missing Stuff.

Murphy bed was included in TS3 University Life...

yes it seems they did another cash grab like they did with my pets first stuff containing content clearly taken from cats&dogs

now with university and tiny living

i got university cheap at least :)

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm having a feeling we'll get a new pack next month... Like... A Game Pack. haha I don't know why, I'm just feelin' it