Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Get Rid Of The Plumbbob?

13...Next

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't mind them, and I had no idea it's possible to remove them.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I use a start-up cheat to keep it at bay
    I use the cheat headlineeffects on/off when I want to take a screenshot. Beside that I don't mind the plumbob at all :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Honestly I am clue less to what this poll is about xD
    But I would like to say that I WISH the plumbob would automatically disappear when taking pictures. I find it annoying to use the cheat every few minutes when I want to take pictures.
    I think by default it would be better if the plumbob is not showing on pics.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020
    I like it, plumbbobs for the world!
    I don't like it (voted the one I did because I keep them, but prob voted wrong)but I want the other stuff like names and stuff and like those and I can't be bothered to cheat for the select few screenshots I take. ( I only take them once in awhile to add them as memories for my Sims and even then I delete most of them haha. After years of playing I maybe have 10-15 screenshots saved)
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    I edit the default file every update
    Editing the default.ini file is one of the first things I do after an update. I remove the plumbob mainly because I don't want it in my screenshots.
    The headlineeffects on/off cheat is a bit too much for me, because I do like to hover over sims (workplace collegues, townies passing by etc) to see who they are.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I use a mod to get rid of it
    I usually remove it when I'm taking screenshots.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I've played with the plumbob for so long, it wouldn't feel right if it's removed.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Tipsymermaid9719Tipsymermaid9719 Posts: 16 Member
    I don't like the plumbbob but I don't know how to get rid of it
    I think the plumbob should have an on/off setting in the game. It would be nice to turn it off so it doesn't get in the way of taking screenshots.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm completely neutral about it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SoftSilkSoftSilk Posts: 4 New Member
    I turn the plumbob off using cheats only when taking screenshots, but during normal gameplay, it helps me keep track of my sim's need since it changes in colour when the needs go down, it also helps me not lose the sim in large crowds.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I like the plumbob. It mentally weights them down from me from feeling like they are being abducted or culled and floating into space in Sixam. I feel like once the plumbob is away nothing to identify them for any other Barbie dress up game. The plumbob at least reminds me that they are Sims.

I know they were going to be blue when the Sims 4 was going to go online and there was an hint of it with the Sims 3 University:
    8643561367_edb8f39f9a.jpg?resize=500%2C281
    I remember seeing this video too:
    https://bonfirelabs.com/work/the-sims-4
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I use headlineeffects off (or just switch to an off-screen ungroup household member) when I need to take screenshots but I'm so used to plumbobs at this point that sometimes I get antsy not seeing them over my sims' heads (usually when I forget to use headlineeffects on, doesn't keep it from happening though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    Plumbobs are the symbol of the Sims franchise to me, wouldn't be the same if I removed it !
  • simskicosimskico Posts: 41 Member
    Yeah, I don't really mind the plumbob if I'm being honest. Like for gameplays they're useful, but for screenshots it would be nice to hide them every now and then, but then again I'm too lazy to be bothered so I always end up keeping them anyways lol
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I keep it on cause it’s easier to find my sims!
  • tayahjessieetayahjessiee Posts: 20 Member
    Without the plumbbob I would never be able to keep track of my sim in a crowded area.
    "They say it don't be like it be, but it do"
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I edit the default file every update
    Just in the last month or so I learned about editing the config file to remove them. I don't mind them except for when I'm taking a lot of pictures it is a hassle to open up the cheat box, enter in a cheat to remove them (even a shortcut cheat), etc. So I removed them with the config file and found I don't miss them at all. This method still allows chat bubbles, which I do like to see.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't really care one way or the other to be honest. I've never given the plumbob much thought as its always been a part of The Sims as long as I can remember. I think I'd kinda miss it if it were gone though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.