Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still purchase Store content ?

Comments

• Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Yes
    I've been a Sims fan for a while, but only recently started with the store. Heck, it took me years to even register my first game (and even then, I didn't even look at the store). I don't know why.

Anyway, I was bummed when I got the last stuff pack I wanted, since I thought that was the end to new content. Nope, I now have a new goal. :)
  • Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    Yes
    I do. Having taken a recess from the game around halfway through it's life (yet I continued bought the new expansion/stuff content as it came), there's still a lot of content both in those packs and the store I am still unfamiliar with. I've been playing again recently, so I've been getting some stuff from the store lately.

I just bought Roaring Heights and Sunlit Tides Gold editions (I skipped on the venue for Roaring Heights to use the points for the latter, but I'll go back and get it as I do want it). I also want and plan on getting Palm Springs, but that will come later, as I have plenty to tide me over for now. Dragon Valley is a maybe, as well, but rest I can go without. The other worlds I'd only buy at a severe discount.

Other than that, there's still the occasional items/small sets I want, and a few of the venues look nice (but those are super overpriced; outside of The Boardwalk, and maybe even that one too, I'm never going to buy a venue for the 1,900 points they seem to go for. EA did a wonderful job with making the content for this game (only downside was the technical issues it had, but for the most part, NRAAS and dealing with longer load times solves most of it), but it was pricey. When on sale, or for a small item here and there, I still browse the store these days. My favorite store content ever was more or less indirectly a gift from another simmer here, too.

Right now I moved my old save family on to Sunlit Tides and I'm having fun there.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Yes
    I wish they would put more incentives in the store to buy the content. I wish they would unlock the content that you can't buy separately.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Yes
    Yes and I stalk the DD almost daily!

It's important to not only wait for eligible items to go to the green or white sale (not yellow, definitely not red) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit?pli=1#gid=1286992794 and ALSO! Don't just buy sets from the main DD page, click through just in case you have some of it already because you only get the Complete Your Set discount beyond the DD there. (I'm in the habit of always clicking through, even for one item, so I'll STAY in the habit.)

That's important because the store IS overpriced. But I love the store, haha. I prefer the a la carte way of things and hate that some items are locked (Midnight Hollow, boo).

Don't just buy right after you get the points!!!!!!

Anyway, yeah, usually when something shiny pops up on the DD and I sometimes even plan parts of some days around the upcoming sales. o:)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    If sonething is interesting, I'll buy it. I'm having issues trying to purchase something, though. I have enough SimPoints, for it. I can add the item to my Cart, but once I try to proceed with the ordering process, it simply lags out, and I get an error message. Not sure if it's just me or what?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    Considering some of us have JUST come into the game (3yrs ago at least for me). We have yet to buy out the store. So EA...no close the store. Some of us intend to go nuts and spend for some of those nice venues and stuff. .

God, I hate my iPhone keypad. Big thumb does not work well with midget keyboard.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Yes
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    If sonething is interesting, I'll buy it. I'm having issues trying to purchase something, though. I have enough SimPoints, for it. I can add the item to my Cart, but once I try to proceed with the ordering process, it simply lags out, and I get an error message. Not sure if it's just me or what?

That happens to me, too. Sometimes it takes me a couple of tries. I found that temporarily turning my adblocker off or switching to Chrome sometimes helps. There's also an occasional gifting glitch as well (sometimes it won't go through when it says it does, but you won't be charged if it glitches so you can try again; on the receiving end, sometimes you get 5 messages for one gift). That's just my take, though. I'm sure there are other explanations and fixes. :)

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    No
    Hi,

The Sims 3 Store is almost 10 years old, do you still purchase Store content ?

Can't afford to and lately none of my store stuff will show up in my game as far as full sets go.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited February 2020
    No
    @HillyBeth - If you haven't tried this yet, you may want to do a fresh install of your store content following Ciane's method. ZeeGee has created easy to follow tutorials on the method.

Edit to Add: I had posted here before and voted "No". I have owned the store contents since 2014. When simpoints have gone on sale, I do purchase a few points to gift others. However, the gifting function is not functioning properly. Sending a gift takes many attempts.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    There's a lot of content from the store that i still want to buy. I like it more than stuff packs, cause i choose exactly what i want and discard the rest.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    I received free simcash last year when I bought an expansion pack I was missing so I still track the Daily Deal and Make me an Offer to get the most out of those points.
  • neonkamikazeneonkamikaze Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi guys, sorry if this is off topic from the thread, but I have a question regarding the Sims 3 store, as well as Origin. I read somewhere (I believe on this forum) that if you go too long without launching the game on Origin (I think someone said 2 years?) that you lose access to the game in your library. Also I believe someone said if you go too long without purchasing something from the Sims 3 store, that you lose access to your store account and all your purchases!

Can someone please confirm if this is true? I don't have much time to play anymore and sometimes go quite awhile without launching the game or logging in to my store account, and don't really purchase store content anymore. I just don't want to lose access to my store account/purchases or my game. I've invested so much time and money into this game!

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me! :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited February 2020
    No
    @neonkamikaze

Keep in mind one day the store will be closed and you won't be able to download the content.
    This is what is happened to The Sims 2 Store.

Don't wait until it's too late, save your content now !

No
    @neonkamikaze - Welcome to the Sims 3 forums.

I have never heard that you will lose access to games on Origin for inactivity. I searched in EA Answers HQ and found one post from 2017 "Lost my games due to Inactivity". (The games were not Sims.) In response, EA_Kristi, an EA staff member, posted in part "I am going to be honest here, in my time in EA I have never seen anyone lose their games due to inactivity." So, I don't think you have to worry about losing access to your games.

However, as LeGardePourpre posted, you should back up your store content. You may wish to read the section Installing, Backing Up and Organizing Your Items in the Daily Deal thread especially following the links to Ciane's thread on how to download, install and backup your store content.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    I finally got all of the packs for sims 3 yesterday. I have to finish installing them today. I had a blast playing a test drive to see if my computer can handle it. But then I went to check out the store and I'm like 😱😱😱😱 I always thought the idea of the store was great but I didn't realize how expensive it is. It's like robux. Lol I may still buy some though. Infact when they flash a shiny item in my face I'm sure I will break down and get it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    Ocassionally.I wish they still did the ads to get free simpoints.I have an odd amount and its driving me nuts.
    And currently can not get simpoints atm.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    No
    I basically own it all so there nothing left to buy. I would buy if they started making content again in a heartbeat.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Yes
    There are still pieces I would like to own. :mrgreen:
    No
    But then I went to check out the store and I'm like 😱😱😱😱 I always thought the idea of the store was great but I didn't realize how expensive it is. It's like robux. Lol I may still buy some though. Infact when they flash a shiny item in my face I'm sure I will break down and get it.

@Babykittyjade - Are you aware of the Daily Deal list? Check out our thread "Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help" to learn how to save simoleons on sim store items.

• Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 2020
    No
    No, I own it all.

I'm currently trying to gift away thousands of SimPoints before they expire in a week or so though, so if anyone wants anything, please let me know ASAP!

If anyone can help me with ideas on how to give these away, that would be greatly appreciated too! I really don't want them to go to waste!

@telmarina - If you're still interested in Store content, please let me know!
    @Babykittyjade - I can help out with some of those expenses!
    @GraceyManor - I can help if you're still having issues!
    @Rflong7 - I worship you! :) I'd love to Gift you whatever you still want!

Sorry for tagging so many people. I just chose everyone who posted and said "Yes" from February onward in hopes that someone wants some items!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Yes
    Yes, especially if it's on sale.I purchase the world of wonder for 953 sim points.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Yes
    Considering some of us have JUST come into the game (3yrs ago at least for me). We have yet to buy out the store. So EA...no close the store. Some of us intend to go nuts and spend for some of those nice venues and stuff. .

God, I hate my iPhone keypad. Big thumb does not work well with midget keyboard.

I personally doubt they are going to shut down the store.A there is a lot more store content than the sims 2 store.B it's still gaining profit.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    No
    I don't buy anything anymore. I used to gift others, but I stopped when you could only get points through Origin. I don't use Origin...
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes
    Yes. New to the game again and I don't have any of my old content anymore (computer crash ages ago).
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    @Stina1701A, based on your message, I get the impression you are re-buying stuff you already bought before. If this is so, you don't have to buy that content again. You can re-download from your account: Store => my store account => purchase history. https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html Make sure you backup your store items (on a usb, external drive, cloud storage or something) because downloading it from your account can take a long time. Also the store might be closing down permanently in the future.

Never mind, I just realize my message doesn"t make any sense because even when somebody thinks he/she has to re-buy, from the moment you login and browse to that item, it already has a download button instead of a purchase button.
    Post edited by SimLibby on