Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @matthewst10 Yeah, I can fix seams. Which clothing is it?
  • matthewst10matthewst10 Posts: 47 Member
    @Emily4331 This collared shirt from Outdoor Living Stuff has a neck seam:

gc56pRh.png

Here's what it looks like in game:

ODBVk9J.jpg

This teen swimwear also has a stomach seam when the muscle size slider it set higher than zero:

rHCdi29.png

79qiLla.jpg

Thank you :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Emily4331 This collared shirt from Outdoor Living Stuff has a neck seam:

gc56pRh.png

ODBVk9J.jpg

This teen swimwear also has a stomach seam when the muscle size slider it set higher than zero:

rHCdi29.png

79qiLla.jpg

Thank you :)

I must be blind because I don't see the seam in the shirt.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @matthewst10 Going in-game, I see the neck seam on the Outdoor Living hoodie, albeit not nearly as much as I see on your sim, but it is there. However, it is 100% not the EA stuff that is causing that stomach seam on the teen. The EA swimsuit is not a new mesh, it's just a bikini top texture applied to the nude top. The nude top that would already be made to fit seamlessly to the nude bottom. My sim, wearing the same thing, for example:
    wehr0gp.png

I'll work on seeing if I can lessen the seam in the neckline of the shirt, but for the teen seam I need to know - I see you use a custom skin; which is it? I want to see if I can replicate the seam using the same outfit and skin. The seam on your teen sim looks more like a hiccup in the skin texture to me.
    edited February 2020
    @HillyBeth It's a lot easier to see in-game. The picture is a lot darker than my actual game. If the second picture is viewed at full size it's a lot easier to see
    Here's a better picture:
    G7Fx2XT.jpg
    The back of the head in the mirror looks bad because I have a default face overlay removal that causes the back of male sims' necks to slightly split. It does look pretty bad but it doesn't bother me because I don't look at the back of the head much.
    @matthewst10 Okay, so I checked the EA bikini with all the Burnt waffles skins and mine looks fine. So no idea there, I'm afraid. Maybe it's the hair? Try changing that. I tested longer hair, but still didn't see it. But it could be just that particular long hairstyle.
    kY3h62b.png

As for the Outdoor Living hoodie, it's looking good. :smiley:
    aLim35M.png

I'll message you the DL since this is something from a stuff pack and I don't want anyone who might not own the stuff pack to download this. :lol:
    @Emily4331 Thank you so much! You're awesome at this.
    edited February 2020
    @Emily4331 The stomach seam seems to depend on the lighting (how bright or dark it is, bad in between)

The bikini mesh looks normal in a room brightly lit:

FBhJSzb.jpg

With different lighting it's more noticeable (bad lighting):

GM0Ryvg.jpg

I tried it with different lighting and default skin, with different hair:

kyoWC8u.jpg

Also looks okay if the room is completely dark:

osPAYiw.jpg

Other EA swimwear does not have this problem at all. It gets worse as the muscles get larger.

Here's a picture of a different top with bad lighting:

XsqGIyx.jpg

Thank you for your patience! :)
    @matthewst10 Alright. Thanks for testing it. Should be easy. :smile: I'll let you know.
    @Emily4331 Thank you!
    @matthewst10 Okay, this one should work. Basically just opened the halter bikini top in TSRW and replaced the textures with the string bikini. Let me know how it goes. :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5o00qixseucotf/tfStringBikiniTopSeamFix.package?dl=0
    @Emily4331 Thank you! :) The seam is completely gone
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Emily4331 Thank you! :) The seam is completely gone

@Emily4331 You are AMAZING! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hello again! :)

I was wondering if you know how to fix this issue I have with a lot of toddler CC from sketchbookpixels?

This is one of them: https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.com/pixels/product-page/peach-2

On the picture you can see that the animations don't align properly. Its not with all of the toddler CC from there, but a lot of newer CC of theirs have this.
    101cde4991e08e3ea4429c0512779d3cd617d57a.jpg
    Basically non of the animations align due to the shirts from there. And its not just animations needing time to align, this is how he drinks. I tested multiple, but I thought I should just ask with just one to see if its even possible to fix.

Animations like drinking, biting fingers and other idles don't reach the proper parts of the toddlers face. When I switch to other CC or vanilla stuff the animations are fine. So my findings led to to figuring out that its must be the mesh.
    Is it possible to fix?

Edit: this is how it looks with other of their CC, which is working fine:
    46f5d6711dab1d6eddfa9ea7ce95de6e8b4ab57e.jpg
    Post edited by budewarmin on
    edited March 2020
    @budewarmin Well that is certainly weird. :lol: Can you link me the hoodie he's wearing in the pic where the animation works? I could use it as a point of comparison in my troubleshooting. :smile:

EDIT: I think I found it, actually. It's this one, right? https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.com/pixels/product-page/piper-3
    So I opened this in TSRW and was met with this nightmarish sight. :lol:
    UAaz11m.jpg

So, looking at it, I didn't find anything wrong with the mesh itself; I did, however, notice that the medium and low LOD meshes for this were children torso instead of toddler. :lol: I'm guessing she worked off of some kid CC that she had and just forgot to change the other two LODs to toddler bodies.

Unfortunately, I think this broke the original file beyond repair. No matter what I changed, it all still looked wonky. TSRW will do that sometimes. I guess in some ways, you could say it corrupted it. Thankfully, though, I found that extracting the textures and mesh and making it anew on top of an EA toddler mesh fixed the crooked man nightmare and provided a stable looking toddler. :lol:
    GlWKlEC.png

Though, to be honest, I couldn't find her original like...pattern she had on it in the file to save my freaking life. :lol: I'm probably just overlooking something, but I do know that she uploads her patterns on her site so you can just apply whichever one you want in-game anyway.

Since the bones lined up and everything looked okay, my best guess is that the two lower LODs that were the child body were interfering with the animations. Mine also looks fine when imported back into TSRW, so hopefully that's a good sign. :lol:

Here's the DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvv4arx5qd84xmk/CAS_top_pu_SIMPLYPeachFix.package?dl=0
    edited March 2020
    Thanks so much, you did it once again! :):)
    44601963894861f46927bdac4400300d24f85df3.jpg
    Looks great, you must have the magic hands life time reward lol.

I went though all the toddler CC I got from there and found 7 other pieces that do that. Could you please look at those too and do your magic on them? I hope its not too much to ask!

I compiled them all into one zip for easy access.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/2l7jwpkfdzvlaak/Sketchbookpixels_Toddler_CC_-_7pieces.rar/file

Edit: don't worry about the patterns, I usually apply my own anyway. :)
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited March 2020
    I found Unrestricted Sponge Baths but they feel too cheaty. I'm not positive how the mood bar works so I will assume it is 0 (red) to 100 (green). I was wondering if somebody could adapt it so it is only available when hygiene is below 10 and raises it to 25. I'd like it for world adventures, so my Sim could clean up a bit before checking in with their sponsor.
    @budewarmin Woohoo! :smiley: Glad I could help! :3 Of course I will help with the other pieces as well. :3

@MadDoctor61 Doing that probably requires knowledge that I don't possess, but I can certainly take a look at it and try to wing it. :lol:
    @MadDoctor61 Well, you can give this a try. I'm not sure how to make it only usable at or below 10 hygiene and I'm not even sure if 0 to 100 is the correct values. So this might be entirely wrong. :lol: But I changed the actual motive gain value from 400 to 15. Either their number is purposely excessive, or my number is comically low. The only way we'll know is to test it, I guess. :lol: Fingers cross. :tongue:

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk557pivk7940p0/UnrestrictedSpongeBathsEdit.package?dl=0

Emily4331 wrote: »
    @budewarmin Woohoo! :smiley: Glad I could help! :3 Of course I will help with the other pieces as well. :3
    Great, thanks :)
    @budewarmin Sorry this is taking so long. Sketchbook Pixels uses large texture files that TSRW struggles to handle. Makes it crash frequently. I can only take so many crashes before wanting to throw my computer against the wall. :lol: So these are getting done as fast as I can while maintaining whatever level of sanity remains in my brain. :lol:
    Annoying that the program is being difficult :(
    But I really appreciate the hard work you're putting in. I shall wait, and please don't throw your computer against the wall :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top