Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with simple shirt editing.

I've only edited clothes for CAS a few times so I could use some help. I wanna edit the Baby Ariel crop tops and put a new image over the heart but I'm not sure how to edit the heart out of the shirt first? I'm using Photoshop and turned the shirts white using hue/saturation and I tried painting over the heart with the same color. It looks fine until I put the package in my game and suddenly I can see the heart outline through the shirt anyway.

I would just put the image over the heart but where I'm placing it at, part is still visible anyway. I know it's probably a simple answer I'm just overlooking, but it's driving me crazy not knowing what to do lol.

Any help?

6b497fa412f3c7ebf60efce3935e2d2535f7e604.png
Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
- Origin ID: PolluxSims -

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Try looking at the other textures and blanking/replacing them. I unfortunately don't know enough about CAS CC to be of much help.
  • QuintessedlQuintessedl Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi there! I have two thoughts: I wonder if it might be something simple like an opacity issue? Was the brush you used to paint over the heart 100% opacity? If your paint layer was different from the base shirt texture with the heart, did the paint layer opacity accidentally get nudged below 100%? My second thought: in the Hue/Saturation box, was your Lightness at 100%? It could be that it was slightly below 100% and appeared white in photoshop until you brought it in game and the lighting environment changed. I hope this helps :)
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I was about to suggest to check the shirt's normal map as it's possible there might be stitched normals but it seems blank anyway.

Have you also merged layers together before you export the image?

Also, I managed to get rid of the heart through GIMP, mostly seamlessly too so it looks natural and not too noticeable, but with a lot of the use of the smudge tool and blending the yellow so that the purple part completely vanishes. I wouldn't use Hue Saturation to turn the clothing white by the way (I'd use it only for the desaturation process) the shadows get messed up; I typically first desaturate and then adjust with either color curves or through a shadows/highlights menu where you can adjust the white point.

8zcCpDk.png

By the way, you should send an image of the problem you're trying to troubleshoot, so it makes it easier to diagnose what it is.
    A1hnP0t.png