Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music-related expansion pack upcoming!

Comments

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's really a hint for the next EP. We could look it in 2 different perspectives. They're growing, so they need more contract employees to assist with multiple packs in production (mainly audio) or they have a high turnover, hence, they prefer to hire contract staff than permanent.

However, if this is a "thing", I hope that it's not limited to instrumental music only. It will be nice to have a Broadway, traditional/cultural instruments, music festival, etc.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up. "Limited" is a word that sums up this game. If it is a music pack, we'll probably get a couple genres and that's it. In TS3, there were only four genres bands could play and two of them needed to be unlocked through a mod. Not that it means we'll get the same from there, but... see the second sentence.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Retracting all my previous comments - there is nothing about instruments in the actual job posting. They're looking for a voice editor, which could apply to any pack. My mistake for not having read the job posting before.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I want more songs that singers can sing and rap as well
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I wish!!! This is the thing I wanna see the most coming to TS4! Singers, Electric guitars, bands, Drums, more instruments, recording studios, music videos, live shows.....!😍😍
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    While I acknowledge that this isn't necessarily a music pack, I'm still going to hope my butt off that it is. I've been wanting music and bands for a while. I'd also be up for a general showtime pack. Gimme my magicians, that's been one of my favorite careers since Sims 2.

I totally get people saying that this should have been in Get Famous. At the same time though, I feel like music has enough going for it that we can have an Expansion Pack dedicated solely to it. We can have bands, a Battle of the Bands, gigs, tons of instruments, music groups, lots specifically for performing. various fashion option associated with music movements, being able to embarrass yourself if you're unskilled, or evil sims sabotaging performances. Also, imagine sims having music preferences, which dictates what kind of songs they like and which shows they'll attend. If you don't know your audience, you can play music that they hate.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's really a hint for the next EP. We could look it in 2 different perspectives. They're growing, so they need more contract employees to assist with multiple packs in production (mainly audio) or they have a high turnover, hence, they prefer to hire contract staff than permanent.

However, if this is a "thing", I hope that it's not limited to instrumental music only. It will be nice to have a Broadway, traditional/cultural instruments, music festival, etc.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up. "Limited" is a word that sums up this game. If it is a music pack, we'll probably get a couple genres and that's it. In TS3, there were only four genres bands could play and two of them needed to be unlocked through a mod. Not that it means we'll get the same from there, but... see the second sentence.

I couldn't agree more. TBH, I can't really "trust" them anymore & won't get my hopes up, but one thing for sure, they really need to step up their imagination & creativity for any future packs.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'd be kinda disappointed....I didn't like TS3 Showtime and if they did something similar to that..I will not be a happy camper, but I'd like some drums.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    The Sims 3 Showtime is still my favorite
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Not really something I’d be hyped for, but if others are I’m happy for them.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    More instruments would be really nice! It's fun to watch the Sims become better and unlock new songs.

I myself wouldn't be really happy about a Showtime like pack. It's just not really what I personally would like to play with and it would feel kind of like a rip-off to me, as fame already comes with Get Famous and singing with City Living.

So, for the show aspect I would prefer a circus like pack that adds acrobatics and magic tricks. And for the instrument aspect I'd prefer a hobby like pack, it could also add new dances (group dance, partner dance, ballet).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's no connection between that job ad and music, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

It was one of my favorite packs too! I would prefer a pack that brought back bands, magicians, acrobats, and other fun occupations. I would love more active careers like Showtime had. It was so much fun putting on a show for Sims at the park and in those concert halls!
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I see this as a job advert for an upcoming expansion pack not specifically a music type pack. As for the whole band thing I don’t really get it as a pack on it’s own. It should have come with get famous (which I don’t have) and for me personally is not something I am too bothered about. I do appreciate that this is something a lot of simmers want but I really don’t get the hype for it.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

It was one of my favorite packs too! I would prefer a pack that brought back bands, magicians, acrobats, and other fun occupations. I would love more active careers like Showtime had. It was so much fun putting on a show for Sims at the park and in those concert halls!

Oh yes, I would love that too.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    what i want is a four man based band with a lead singer. and a set of drums. and a pool table lol. but would love the band its not like there a zillion bands out there. oh and more long hair mods.
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2020
    Should have been provided with Get Famous. Once again simmers are getting scammed and no one sees it.

See, I disagree. I love the uniqueness of Get Famous and how it is a pack exclusive to the Sims 4. I like that the focus was on influensters and youtubers. It is totally with the times, didn't exist before nor is it a redo of any previous pack, and it's a fun new challenge.

I feel like a music pack is completely separate from "getting famous" because most musicians I know aren't trying to become famous- they just love music. So a pack devoted to the universal language makes more sense, to me, to be by itself. By focusing on just music you can open the pack up to new instruments like orchestral, different styles of music (big band, Appalachian, rock, country), and new types of singing (rap, musical theater, pop). If music was combined with another pack like Get Famous we would only get rock, country, pop and blues and rock band instruments.

A music game or expansion pack makes sense to be by itself because there is so much gameplay with music.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Should have been provided with Get Famous. Once again simmers are getting scammed and no one sees it.

See, I disagree. I love the uniqueness of Get Famous and how it is a pack exclusive to the Sims 4. I like that the focus was on influensters and youtubers. It is totally with the times, didn't exist before nor is it a redo of any previous pack, and it's a fun new challenge.

I feel like a music pack is completely separate from "getting famous" because most musicians I know aren't trying to become famous- they just love music. So a pack devoted to the universal language makes more sense, to me, to be by itself. By focusing on just music you can open the pack up to new instruments like orchestral, different styles of music (big band, Appalachian, rock, country), and new types of singing (rap, musical theater, pop). If music was combined with another pack like Get Famous we would only get rock, country, pop and blues and rock band instruments.

A music game or expansion pack makes sense to be by itself because there is so much gameplay with music.

exactly how i feel, this opens up a lot more opportunities being a dlc by itself instead of cramming in only a drumset into get famous with no in-depth band formation and gameplay.

a lot of the times people who criticize the sims 4 keep going to this "well, it should've been in this pack" excuse. and while i agree with it when it comes to my first pet stuff, most of the time when dlc is separated out and it becomes its own thing its done WELL and its worth it. i'd rather spend 40 bucks for instruments that have never been done before in this franchise and the ability for high customization of bands than for what we got in the past iterations in this game.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited February 2020
    It would be really fun for our Sims to go on a date to the symphony or join an a capella doo-🐸🐸🐸🐸 group! 😁
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    If they do make band and singing career I would love it. I would also like to see a modeling career that coincides with the photographer career. Modeling could start off as a part time career but work up to more hours and lots of traveling. Singers and bands would need to tour a lot too.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It would be really fun for our Sims to go on a date to the symphony or join an a capella doo-🌺🌺🌺🌺 group! 😁
    Not to mention after-school choir groups for kids and teens.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    If they did a music pack, on top of adding a ton of instruments and the ability to form bands/groups, they should have a music-specific venue, teachers (instrument teachers, singing coach), and also it would be cool to have some sort of radio station or radio DJ job.

And I know it would be a reach, but it would be nice if they added more dancing stuff in this pack too.
  • Options
    ladybrixtonladybrixton Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="CaptainElsa;c-17409794"][quote="Jordan061102;c-17407121"]Should have been provided with Get Famous. Once again simmers are getting scammed and no one sees it.[/quote]

A music game or expansion pack makes sense to be by itself because there is so much gameplay with music.[/quote]

The problem is that we won’t get even a quarter of all that if they ever do a music expansion pack. It will be bare bones like all the others were. The youtubers/influencers you mentioned was a very shallow feature - it had a couple of objects and mostly the same animations and repetitive tasks (not to mention that it didn’t appeal much beyond the younger section of the fanbase - it appeals a lot less to those who’ve been with the game 20 years - no one I know in the mid thirties cares about or watches youtubers or influencers).

In a music expansion pack, we’ll get one feature that is quite well developed and then lots of fluff that is repetitive and with few animations and objects. Or they might skip a music expansion altogether and go with a related theme that appeals to the younger players - an X-Factor Competition style show type expansion for instance. Which is all perfectly fine, but it misses the mark so badly of what previous sims games used to be, all about choice and you building the experience you want rather than being shoehorned into a very specific style of play.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Hm. I'm not up in the sky over this. I mean, bands and additional instruments, and a pro singing career would be cool, but I already have most of this in my game. I have a few singers and I arrange for them top give concerts and I just cheat them some income or they produce and upload music tracks to make money. Musicians can already jam together on stage, the only challenge is to gather a big audience, having them seated and so on, but I guess even with a pack the audience will not be a huge crowd unless you have a super computer.

So, basically I'd rather see a pack adding something brand new. Especially if this was suggested as an EP. GP would be good though, then it feels more optional :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It would be really fun for our Sims to go on a date to the symphony or join an a capella doo-🌺🌺🌺🌺 group! 😁
    Not to mention after-school choir groups for kids and teens.

oh that would be cool! i like the after school activities for kids and i want more instead of just having scouting and the acting one
  • Options
    feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    I really miss when they can do a band playing together, It was my favourite part. Drum, electric guitare, bass and signing all this together,

Also, when could have a music expansion pack with Harmony orchestra, or different styles… it’s utopia, I know. But it will be so great.

And they should add a ukulele in island. I hope some modders works on musical instrument, and they can join playing together. Like cloning these features from ts3. Maybe it’s possible. What do you think?