Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you try for a baby girl but get 6 boys..

I can't be the only one right?

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I don't think I've ever had that happen.

You can cheat it though. If you have your sim eat strawberries or listen to pop music while pregnant, it will give you a better chance of having a girl. I can't remember the food for boys but I'm pretty sure alternative music is the one to listen to for a boy.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member

You can cheat it though. If you have your sim eat strawberries or listen to pop music while pregnant, it will give you a better chance of having a girl. I can't remember the food for boys but I'm pretty sure alternative music is the one to listen to for a boy.

It's apples for boys :)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member

Thanks! I honestly couldn't even venture a guess on what it could be. I don't use those cheats often, I usually just roll with whatever happens.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I think it’s carrots for boy, unless they have changed it recently :smile:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

carrots actually :)
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sounds like my younger brother irl except for girls :lol:

Seriously though I had a sim with two boys and five girls. The order was: Boy, twin girls, triplet girls, boy. I think there was something in their water :lol:
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    In fairness, that's probably one of the few realistic aspects of the game.

I had a teacher who wanted a son. She got four daughters. No idea if she kept trying.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I was playing a legacy and through 7 generations - every baby born was a boy! Even had one set of identical twin boys.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In my current save I have had a fair mixture of boys and girls. I filled Newcrest with micro homes and wonderful elaborate gardens and farms. So far it's been good. (no alien invasion yet) My current family had a boy and then twin girls. That was not expected so I had to bump them up to the next house level. Another unexpected thing. My hippy chic collage student living in a one room trailer had a baby with a spellcaster. Their daughter inherited the ancient blood. I might have to play around with magic again. So far my Newcrest has had 8 boys and 7 girls born in this save. I will move onto the next lot this weekend after I make a new Sim and figure out where to put them.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
    When I did 100 baby challenge my grand total was 51 girls and 49 boys with no influencing (against challenge rules). But I did go through stages where Id get 9 girls or 8 boys in a row
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    If that is happening with a sims family, try for more woohooing for parent sims but prepare to make one boy a Transgender girl just in case you can't get girls the traditional way.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    My legacy family had decorated the nursery out in preparation - for a single girl baby. They got twin boys :D
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited February 2020
    Seriously?! I've made my sim eat carrots and listen to alternative music and she's only getting girls (no I don't have any mods)..I had to age the baby and delete it bcus I wanted the first baby to be a boy..how come everyone is having a boy? I've had to work hard to get baby boys..
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited February 2020

No - that was TS3. In TS4, it's carrots.

If I want a boy, I have my Sim harvest them from the garden, and while pregnant, that's all they eat for 3 days. Works every time.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

If I want a boy, I have my Sim harvest them from the garden, and while pregnant, that's all they eat for 3 days. Works every time.

Does it need to be harvested from the garden..cant they just eat the one you buy from grocery city living stalls?
    graventhe wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

Does it need to be harvested from the garden..cant they just eat the one you buy from grocery city living stalls?

I would think it's be the same but I used garden ones just as it's more convenient lol. I don't see why there would be a difference though
  • llane83llane83 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm currently playing the Pancakes and they have 4 boys. Two single births and then twins.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Eh, it's all random for me but some households end up with all of one or the other. It seems like there are more boys but there are definitely also some girls and a few households with only girls. I usually like random surprises so I avoid influencing them. I decided that if somehow they autonomously influence the outcome, that's ok.

Also, I think anything with carrots or strawberries will work including foods for which one item is listed as an ingredient. I end up creating more female sims in CAS or through editing, I think. It's not an issue for me with my play style.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.