Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    We haven't voted on the build/buy yet and a lot of these requests are for home decor. I do kind of wish they'd give us more clothing choices as well in a knitting pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    As a knitter, things that people ask for the most are socks, scarves, mittens, and hats. I think it would be nice to have those, and also be able to knit bigger things like sweaters and blankets. I know that I also make things that aren't perfect so having "poor" quality versions of things would be appealing because there would be a reason to keep getting better.
  • CeciliaSeaCeciliaSea Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be cute if we could knit friendship bracelets or flagpole socks. Also, it would be so fun if we could knit christmas themed socks and if we give them to children or teens as "give christmas present", the child or teen would get a negative buff for getting the classical "soft gift" instead of the hard one for christmas.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Knitted hand puppets that Sims can use to play with
    e6c17167af2eccc3997e71708dd72680--knitting-toys-free-knitting.jpg
    4_small2.jpg

Like this social interaction from Sims 2, can only be done if handpuppet is in inventory and assigned to Sim
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-pzujmxf1I

More handpuppets designs
    crochet-57Uli-the-Unicorn-Hand-Puppet.jpeg
    8344549c988dbc1c829a03cfb6d4bce2.jpg
    51JbHVkKSFL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    77_50097_il_570xn.439428811_4wuw.jpg?itok=T0b0c0fb

YES! I loved the hand puppet interaction in Sims 1! That's the first time seeing the one from that console game. It's so cute!
  • surelymaebysurelymaeby Posts: 4 New Member
    The obvious ones are scarves, sweaters, blankets, etc. but I'd like to emphasize gloves and mittens. The game is severely lacking in gloves and mittens and I would like it if my sims could make their own. I also think there should be different style options, e.g. basic wool mittens or cotton gloves as well as animal type mittens. My favorite mitten and scarf set that I ever owned was a knitted mouse hat and mittens, both of which had eyes, ears and a mouth.
  • cagedbirdie40cagedbirdie40 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to knit afghans on the bed, hats ,scarves , toys like bears and clowns. Knitted clowns should give children nightmares when they come to life as the child sleeps.
    Yarn macrame plant hangers , tables , and wall afghans would be nice too.
    We have a lack of socks and slippers
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited February 2020
    Could the children make the pompoms for the woolly hats maybe? We used to knit on wooden cotton reels when we were young, four pins and the wool passed round the pins with the resulting knitting strand going through the hole and used to make table mats etc. :)
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    I would love to knit afghans on the bed, hats ,scarves , toys like bears and clowns. Knitted clowns should give children nightmares when they come to life as the child sleeps.
    ^
    “Knitted clowns should give children nightmares when they come to life as the child sleeps.”

Omg yes❣️❣️❣️
  • kmkc91kmkc91 Posts: 1 New Member
    we would be great if you was living off the grid. So you could make your own jumpers covers rugs ect. Would be good of you could knitt your pet stuff too.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would like to see knitted hats, booties, sweaters, scarfs, and stuffed animals and DOLLS that can be played with and put on a shelf or on a bed. Let us give these things as gifts for Christmas and birthdays!
  • goofycorinogoofycorino Posts: 7 New Member
    It would be awesome if we could knit a sweater for our dog or cat. :)
  • KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I think it would be cool to be able to knit stuff such as scarves, sweaters, mittens and hats. It would also be good if we could pick whether to make the sizes fit toddlers, children or teenagers/adults/elders
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this stuff pack, should be soooo good ! I really hope we can knit scarves, the same way we can actually build chairs if you have the handiness skill ! :smile:
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    I'm only asking for cute lil rugs/mats. I usually prefer building small spaces, but I can never find a rug small enough to lay on either side of bed.
  • JusKeepSimminJusKeepSimmin Posts: 27 Member
    I would LOVE to be able to knit toddler booties and mittens. Also, maybe afghans, throw blankets and pillows. I'd rather be able to knit things for around the house.
  • Tipsymermaid9719Tipsymermaid9719 Posts: 16 Member
    It would be cool if you could knit sweaters that your sims could actually wear!
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    I would like my sims to be able to knit mainly toys (knitted plushies so that we can have more cute clutter) as well as cat toys would be fun, and house decorations, such as wall art, or table doilies, covers for furniture, etc. Accessories and Clothing would be nice for sims too: scarves, hats, sweaters, cardigans, socks, etc.
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    > @CathieCMR said:
    > Winterfest stockings?

:love: :love: :love: :love:

You mean like the kind you hang on a fireplace? GURU's, yes please?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I'm only asking for cute lil rugs/mats. I usually prefer building small spaces, but I can never find a rug small enough to lay on either side of bed.

When I was little I had to put up with my mum's "rug kits" when she got sent all the wool and a patterned base to knit the wool through. You could get them all sizes and were actually comfortable to walk on as they had a nice long "pile" unlike shop bought ones. There's lots of old crafts we now haven't time for. I don't know if that counts as knitting but it would be good to have it as a craft in a general craft pack based on the olden days like tapestry, quilting, macrame, lace work, spinning etc. They are still done but not by many these days.
  • Reaper1340Reaper1340 Posts: 23 Member
    I love it when features build upon one another and Seasons sounds like the perfect pack to go along with knitting. Blankets, pullovers, mittens, whatever we are able to knit, it would be great if it gave some kind of warm moodlet or something during the winter. ;)
  • LexiRooLexiRoo Posts: 5 New Member
    Hats!
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I would love throw blankets and decorative cushions/pillows. For beds, couches, chairs, etc. It really helps give a more homey feel to the builds, and it's something that fits with the theme.
  • TheG0ldensimmerTheG0ldensimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    I think you should be able to knit dolls, slippers, blankets, and other types of clothes
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top