Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anti DIY Delight Support Group

124...Next

Comments

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    honestly, this may sound mean, but I think alot of people just went for "the pretty pink color!" instead of the actual design of things (which is more than the color...there be swatches for that anyway), so I feel like if they colored the grandma chic room in pink instead it would have won.
    the pink made it stand out alot between the other two, imho they should've made the coloring of the 3 themes closer together for the vote (or all 3 far apart from each other).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    honestly, this may sound mean, but I think alot of people just went for "the pretty pink color!" instead of the actual design of things (which is more than the color...there be swatches for that anyway), so I feel like if they colored the grandma chic room in pink instead it would have won.
    the pink made it stand out alot between the other two, imho they should've made the coloring of the 3 themes closer together for the vote (or all 3 far apart from each other).

I voted for it because it was the one that appealed to me the most. I find the "typical granny look" to be boring and never use it for my elders.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    How many fans will buy this pack when it is ready to be sold?! They lost a lot of interest from us who absolutely did not want the knitting pack, and now this thred fom the players who wanted the granny pack. How much interest does that leave to the final pack?!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    How many fans will buy this pack when it is ready to be sold?! They lost a lot of interest from us who absolutely did not want the knitting pack, and now this thred fom the players who wanted the granny pack. How much interest does that leave to the final pack?!

Every pack has fans and non-fans. This is one stuff pack; plenty of people will buy it and it isn't going to break the bank for them either way.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

Well, Laundry Day did really well. When you think about majorities of voters for every segment being happy with the result, it adds up to a lot. So the majority who wanted Arts and Crafts in general will buy it. The majority who wanted knitting will buy it. Those who voted in favor of the top few majority CAS results will buy it, and so on. Players are investing their thoughts into the pack, and as we see it unfold, there will be specifics that will appeal to various people. So in the end, you have players buying the pack for different reasons. For example, when Laundry Day came out, I bought it shortly after release (I think), because my vote for the build/buy styles won and I really wanted the Shabby Chic furniture. I cared nothing for laundry itself. This knitting pack will probably do very well also because in the end, there's a lot of player investment as a whole and most likely something in it that each person has attached to.
    #Team Occult
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member

Oh - this thread isn't just about not wanting the granny chic theme; it's just about not wanting the the DIY Delight theme. Personally, I emphatically did NOT want granny chic although I know a lot of people did. I just wanted the cozy crafts or whatever it was the most.

Side note - did anyone else think the names of DIY Delight and Cozy Craft would have made more sense if they were reversed? The names seemed more descriptive of the other style, to me.
    edited February 2020
    @Peral oh, I will buy the pack, arts and crafts was my second favorite after all, I like more hobbies and creative stuff to do for my sims, it's just that the style of DIY Delight is absolutely not my favorite (and I still would have wanted the Happy Haunts SP more).
    Side note - did anyone else think the names of DIY Delight and Cozy Craft would have made more sense if they were reversed? The names seemed more descriptive of the other style, to me.
    To me darker tones feel more cozy so the names fit, DIY Delight doesn't look cozy to me at all.
    Besides the colorscheme, everything is so clonky especially the crafting table and I love making smaller (=cozy) rooms.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    I mean I am very passionate about knitting as a theme because I long for more crafts and I long for hobbies of no machines as well and I also absolutely love knitting irl
    (+it seems like something sims can actually do at home not having some giant object to try to fit in their smoll houses)

+it should give our sims more things to make for their house and making clothes is fun too

like I keep wanting to have this craftsman family that makes everything themselves

so I'll probably end up buying it in the end

but I just hope they don't cheap out on knitting and knitted things to make some basic furniture pack -again
    *looks at 90% of stuff packs*

especially when diy delight is not even theme we don't have already

"cozy craft" as theme sounded best to me personally

but I also liked decors from grandma theme a lot

cozy and grandma both had some crafty looking furniture instead of mass produced looking ones so I felt I would have gotten more out of those themes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    Ahh man, I wish I found this thread while it was still hot. I'm still grieving and grieving even more after the CAS results.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    tweedle wrote: »
    Ahh man, I wish I found this thread while it was still hot. I'm still grieving and grieving even more after the CAS results.

its okay we are still in mourning period
    or at least I am :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    tweedle wrote: »

I feel like every quirky or different object they presented was voted out.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I was for it until the clothes where revealed. I loved a lot of the clothes in the poll but when it was shown which clothes where being added I was disappointed. Out of the many clothes I liked from it only 1 I liked got in. There was unique clothes that didn’t look like anything already in game, but it seems the only ones that got in was similar to what we already have.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    edited February 2020

after all my decades on this planet there is only one thing I know for sure: most people are boring...

• CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member

after all my decades on this planet there is only one thing I know for sure: most people are boring...

Everything about your name and avatar just compliment this comment like a chef's kiss.
    Everything about your name and avatar just compliment this comment like a chef's kiss.

you're welcome o:)

• surelymaebysurelymaeby Posts: 4 New Member
    Granny Chic should've been selected for the style. DIY Delight has nice colors and that large craft table, both of which I think caught people's attention, but the furniture is all modern-ish and there's barely even any knitted items in the example. Granny Chic fits bets thematically, there are knitted items all over the example and the items themselves look cute and cozy. Not to mention it could've been an opportunity for EA to finally pay attention to elders, at least in terms of clothing.

The pack theme isn't particularly exciting, but Granny Chic at least makes sense. The art style screams "knitting" whereas the art style for DIY Delight looks like a general arts and crafts room.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

That and dumb, not thinking things through to the logical conclusion. I've got 7 decades and counting, and do believe it's been largely downhill, at least as far as the U S of A goes. Can't speak for across the Pond. None of what I voted for got in, and agree that what did looks so much like a rerun. Very sad. In the pack, and more importantly life in general, cherish that which is yet good and meaningful and leave the rest behind.