Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Sims obsessed with?

2...Next

Comments

• ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Swimming. It doesn't matter if it's just a pool, if it has a slide, if there's a waterfall, a diving board, or not. They're going swimming. I often play on high free will and keep close tabs on the ones I'm not playing in the moment, and they just love swimming.

Though they mainly enjoy swimming, they love any outdoor activities. Only two of my main sims (in my avi) actually have the Loves Outdoors trait. All of them will go out and play catch, play in the sprinkler, play with pets, play basketball, soccer, swing, garden, have a snowball fight, a water balloon fight, build a snowman, an igloo, hang out in the rain... anything sims can do outside, they'll most likely do it, lol.

I love how, even with high free will on, they just love to call each other up or hang out together, though. They'll most definitely do outdoor stuff alone, but they always want to invite each other over or out to do whatever. That just makes me so happy! :lol:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Birdmom3Birdmom3 Posts: 135 Member
    My sim is obsessed with cheering. I think she might starve. Try canceling it? She just starts doing it again. Only when the game forces her to do something other then cheering does she stop.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    The problem with the ice cream maker and the fryer is they fill two of the Sims needs's bar, fun and hunger. This is why the Sims are so attracted to them. I don't find my Sims routinely are over obsessed with anything else.

The best obsessive Sim I had was a Plumbot who would not stop cooking and I also had Bonehilda. The Plumbot would cook food put it on the counter and Bonehilda would swoop in and throw it out, thus resetting the cycle where the Plumbot would cook again, causing Bonehilda to toss it once more....
  • amethnwamethnw Posts: 114 Member
    My sim-self will typically clean up or play the computer when left to her own devices. Her husband is so sweet though, he always wants to have fun with the kids or be romantic with my sim. He doesn't even have family-oriented or anything.

The vampire I've been playing lately typically just wants to go "Aww!" at her little black kitten, Noire. Can't blame her!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Chimark wrote: »
    The problem with the ice cream maker and the fryer is they fill two of the Sims needs's bar, fun and hunger. This is why the Sims are so attracted to them. I don't find my Sims routinely are over obsessed with anything else.

The best obsessive Sim I had was a Plumbot who would not stop cooking and I also had Bonehilda. The Plumbot would cook food put it on the counter and Bonehilda would swoop in and throw it out, thus resetting the cycle where the Plumbot would cook again, causing Bonehilda to toss it once more....
    Isn't it funny though? I have the ice cream maker and my sims won't touch it. I have to make them use it in order to interact with it. Not like the computer that they all seem to fight over. My sims had some extra cash so I bought all three a computer of their own. They still fight over the original one.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Dancing. They just all have to dance as early as four in the morning.

The book called adventures with Ramondo or something like that. That is always, never to fail, the book to choose. Every once in a while it's where's bella, but man, it's usually just that one book.

Swimming of course. That's an obsession. And Bonehilda loves it too, she's constantly swimming in the pool. Anyone else have this problem with her?

Breaking their phones. Sure they like their phones but they always manage to be clumsy and break them. I wish they could break their actual phone and not just the screens though. Then, maybe they'd stop using them.

Rocking chair. Why? Because even simply rocking in it fills up their energy. Really annoyed with that, but I got a mod that should hopefully tone that down a bit.

Tag. It's always kind of creepy when you send your kid to the playground and there are two grown men playing tag. With umbrella's too, that's the slowest game of tag ever. :lol: Kids are always playing that one with their friends. They often pillow fight as well.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Chimark wrote: »

Oh This is what annoyed me with the plumbot, (I ended up moving him out) The family would cook a meal for everyone, the second it was placed down - before anyone could grab a plate - he would swoop it up and put it in the fridge and would frustrate them all lining up to eat!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • ArulinArulin Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG, it's the danged BAR!! The two adults, every time I leave them to their own devices, they're off making drinks. They rarely drink them, mind you, but I scroll over to the kitchen, and there's 20 drinks spoiling on the filthy bar. Good thing I got them good jobs, they waste a fortune obsessively mixing drinks.... and then hiding out in the observatory. LOL. Free will can get expensive.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @Arulin this is a really old thread that'll probably get closed for necroposting.... but it seems like a great one. Anyone wanna restart it? I'll add mine though --

It's no joke, my sims Elija and Cristina always go for the deep fryer when they're hungry - don't they know fried food isn't healthy? Elija always picks the bacon one too.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Rocking chairs for sure.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Traditionally I find that all Sims are obsessed with taking food out of a fridge even when another Sim is cooking something...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    My sims are obsessed with playing computer games, literally any sim that is old enough to access a computer will autonomously play computer games. I don't know where they get it from.. :#
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top