Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Expansion Pack?

Comments

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Get Together
    This was really a tough decision because I liked all of them. Get together has one of my favorite worlds, but I do use the clubs much. I recently tried to join a club, but my Sim red lined on sleep and I did not get an offer to join.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Island Living
    pains me to say, cause I love mermaids, but IL is the worst for me and that is mainly cause it feels more like a gamepack, it seems rather empty and "looks over content", it doesn't feel like it really expanded my game.
    Most of the new things to do are locked to Sulani and Sulani itself, while looking pretty, doesn't offer much, biggest dissapointment is of course the lack of underwater locations, diving and being a mermaid would have been soooo much, much better with an actual underwater location to explore, even if it was more on the small side (like the hidden areas in oasis springs and willow creek), I wouldn't have minded less lots on Sulani in exchange for that.
    I find myself hardly ever going to Sulani now....only when I play my evil mermaid and (try to) drown people with her.
    Overall I feel like they tried to do too much and ended up doing to little for all the stuff in it which makes it fall flat.
    I am satisfied with the mermaids though, as this wasn't a "mermaid pack" therefor they are done pretty well imho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Get Famous
    I say this mostly because of the absolute disappointment of Del Sol Valley. It had sooo much potential, and for me is just unplayable because it feels so empty. I dislike that the time between jobs is sooo long, which then makes it harder to get promoted and earn a lot of money before death, and I find the quirks and rewards super annoying too. I also really hate that my current teen sim has an uncle that's famous and they cant just have a conversation because he's famous! I mean, yes, but he's also a family member - maybe we could all just calm down a bit about the famous thing and just have a chat :s I'd day amazing potential, lovely decoration, but really not a whole lot of substance, and added more frustration to the game than good stuff (ie, we can't continue with our food because a famous person has just walked in... :| )
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Get to Work
    I actually liked Get Together a lot. I played so much with the world and basically all of the pre-mades. I still use the clubs sometimes or see them in community lots around the worlds.

Get To Work was the weakest for me. I think Island Living and Get Famous could have added more but I still liked them and incorporate them into my game.

Get To Work - I liked playing the playable careers somewhat but the pack doesn't really connect well with the others. The themes get a bit repetitive and even broken. I don't like the aliens or male pregnancy. I always cancel the abduction by resetting a sim.

It's a weird mishmash but also one of the earliest. I think aliens and the career themes should had been explored independently.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is a mess imo. But fame was always bad handled even in previous iterations...
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Worst is for me a bad definition, because I would not like to be out of any of the EPs, but I guess if I was forced to do with out a pack.it would be cats and dogs. Mainly because the pets are so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 needy

Five Brindies
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Get to Work
    None of them are bad in my opinion, but Get to Work is the one I play with the least. The detective and scientist part never really interested me and even the retail part I don't play very often because I don't like how sims don't stand in a line to pay at the cash register unlike TS2 OFB. I play more frequently with restaurants from Dine Out than retail stores from GTW. I like a lot of the objects and CAS assets from GTW though.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2020
    Get to Work
    It's a tie between Get to Work and Get Together.

With Get Together, it's actually not as bad. I love Windenburg, and many of its households. I don't use a lot of CAS from this pack, and I find Sims I've created (whose fictional personalities make them far from being party animals) constantly my Sim to go to some party an annoyance.

Really, Get to Work as much as I like active careers, is boring. Magnolia Promenade is a joke of a world. I hate that the career lots are not a part of any actual world in the game (and, they could simply have set it up as lots to be placed in Newcrest; as I do with restaurants in Dine Out), despite the hospital and police station (obviously) being in Willow Creek; and the science lab in Oasis Springs. What careers it does have (while I like the science career, even it is watered down) is watered down; as if they intend to be kid-friendly. What the police career is is mostly investigation of robberies, and there are no emergencies. The doctor career doesn't involve any time-sensitive "life or death" cases. Just minor illness. If EA was going to do it this way, should have been more of a clinic setting instead of a hospital.

And don't even get me started on the fact that other Sim employees of active careers aren't seen working autonomously; and instead are just goofing off on a computer, or even worse, just standing there. The medical career is the worst culprit; the Doctor, Nurse, and Orderly could be doing actual work. Not to mention, if you have a Sim working there already, and then give another Sim that same job, the prior Sim's actual status is ignored. For example, I had one Sim who I'd enrolled in the Doctor career, then created another household. For some odd reason, the former Sim was a doctor when I played as the other Sim; despite her only having worked one day.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous just sounds so awful I haven't even bought it.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Island Living
    I feel like IL is the most half baked pack there is. There's nothing to do in Sulani, sure it looks pretty but what do I do there? Mermaids have NOTHING- no unique furniture no underwater lots kids can't even be mermaids. You can't have rental lots in Sulani, which I guess is fine since the theme was supposed to be living on an island but there's nothing to do in Sulani that you couldn't do anywhere except swim in oceans. We got like two traits and one aspiration (which granted the game is very stingy with it's plum traits for some reason) the island festivals don't show up on the calendar. The counters don't have matching cabinets!!
  • SoftSilkSoftSilk Posts: 4 New Member
    Get to Work
    Get To Work got boring really quickly for me since the active careers just consist of checking off actions from a checklist, which got repetitive quickly, and the retail business got annoying since the employees just couldn't do their job right. Aliens were okay, but they didn't have that many qualities that differed them from normal sims except for aesthetics and a few social actions + abilities (e.g. Being able to learn the traits of a sim instantly.).
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Island Living
    I'll go with Island Living. Not that it's bad or that I hate it - it just doesn't offer enough. Fixable with mods, of course, but it's a headache of it's own.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Island Living
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: for a pack about the water it's pretty dry...

I would've voted GTW but at least there was some kind of gameplay there and aliens did get their own lot/bassinet/tombstone whereas mermaids didn't get anything. The lack of active underwater diving (ala Sims 3) is completely unacceptable. I really hope the devs take a look at this poll (and whatever the Jan. survey results are) update these two packs (IL and GTW) and give them the care/attention the devs obviously didn't have time for.

#makemermaidsfun
    #makealiensawesome
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    Get to Work
    I don't hate Get to Work, but I don't actually use it at all, in comparison to the others. I feel like we should be able to get to work with our Sims whatever their career might be though, and that's not the case.
    I'd love to see that for University as well, so that you can go to class with your Sims !
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Get to Work
    Changing my answer. GF for me. I realized that I at least use some GTW features, but I don't use anything of GF at all.
    I don't have GT, but my fave to least fave of the rest are: Seasons>CL>C&D>(DU here..Maybe? Just bought it)>IL>GTW>GF
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2020
    Island Living
    It's a bit tricky. At first my eye went to get to work, cause of the barely fleshed out retail system. Trying to open a clothing store.. well try. there isn't much clothing to start with. The limitation of 10 mannequins on a lot also cuts into so many creative ideas of the community. No assigned functions, no cash register, no lines, no shopping bags, no working from home/managing store on a distance, not more than 2/3 retail workers.. It is SO app like that I want to cry.
    Now the 3 open careers I truly enjoyed, but they do have many big flaws as well like the egocentric vibe again that my sim does everything as if he/she is the center of the universe and has no competition whatsoever. As well as how it's co-workers basically do nothing special or don't bother to help out. The weird way how hospital clients walk into the building, pass out and being called back up to walk behind the doctor to their bed.. i mean.. come on, it's just so unrealistic, animation-lacking and pure minimalism when it's a game that carries the name 'life simulation'.

Then my eye went to island living.. boy what a bunch of disappointments we got since the summer that are still upholding today. It hasn't gone down and only seems to get worse with bigger cuts, less features, less to no game play and over and over again similar single activities that basically have no meaning at all in further game play. This EP has so much missed chances and for the state and the year The Sims 4 is in now, this EP is just one giant big shame.

I think based up on what we could have gotten, I'd say island living followed by Discover University. Just too shallow for a 2019 Sims EP.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Island Living
    island living

smallest expansion pack ever in the sims 4
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2020
    Get Famous
    I get what people are saying about Get Together, but I do love Windenburg, and I love the flexibility of clubs. I use them quite a bit, especially for things like skill-building.

Honestly, Get Famous was the only EP I ever had buyer's remorse with. I get frustrated with just how long it takes build up fame and how quickly it goes away. It feels like my Sims who are trying to "make it big" can't get anywhere if they aren't streaming constantly. If a Sim gets an unexpected boost of fame, sometimes I'll just freeze their fame until I'm ready to make that part of their story.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together added very little to the game. I think it was also one of the first expansions packs along with Get To Work and those got dragged for how little content they had lol.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    If I could only have one pack, Get Together would be it. The only pack I now lack is Cats and Dogs, because it came free on the PS4 that we also own Sims 4 on. And I played it there and found it annoying and boring. That said, Sulani is even more boring, and I was born in Hawaii and went back there to get married! I could maybe watch my Sims have an island kegger and pass de bowl, on Sulani 😄 but Cats and Dogs has zero personality, the townies are super dull and bland, and the animals are ALWAYS sick. All over the place. So it's worst imo because Sulani is dull, but C and D is actively annoying. Windenberg has the intriguing townies, fun dancefloor and dis, closets to do the woo in, and customized clubs to share any hobby or activity no matter how depraved. If you wanna play family dollhouse and partying isn't your style, you can do it in Windenberg but it would be quieter staing in Willow Creek for the Neighborhood Association life. 😊
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited March 2020
    Get to Work
    I own almost all of these (except get together and city living). It pains me to say it, but GTW is kinda rubish. I love aliens, I love the active careers, but the world is four lots and it contains less content than most of the game packs.
    banner.png
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    Get Together
    Because we should have been able to delete clubs easier and bump into the clubs a lot more at their favorite spots. It just didn’t feel like clubs were in the world when your not playing them. Not enough animation when fighting or Arguing with other opposing clubs.

Wanted the Bluffs, ruins, and manor lot types to be moved or place any where else in the world.(maybe I want the manor lot type place where the bluffs are or vice a versa.) Can’t do it. Not enough customization with the world or in the world. And the lot type not the manor’s building itself, is what I want to move.

We have a sea monster that we can’t swim to see or get eaten by. That’s a waste of a good new sims death. Why aren’t there any conspiracies about the sea monster. I wish it had festivals and they sing the song like it did on the YouTube trailer. That would be fun.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Island Living
    I was so dissapointed with Island Living when I got it. Nothing really extra special for an expansion pack. My one family lives in Sulani and it is pretty but thats all it is. The neighbors are nice and always coming over but you only swim in one area, the dolphins just say hi and bye lol and the mermaids aren't anything special. My sim cleans the beach and thats it really. At least the other expansion packs bought a little bit more gameplay options, I just feel like it felt short of an 'expansion' pack.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Island Living
    Island living is by far the worst.
    No gameplay.
    The world is not even that pretty and I don't like the design at all.
    Mermaids are useless.
    No open swimming in water spread to the other worlds.
    No underwater lot and diving spots (unacceptable).

My biggest disappointment in terms of expansion.

I couldn't agree with you more on that. Should be a resort. A vacation spot, only. Too bad. They missed the boat on this one.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/